• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDogg

Click the silver star icon. The same thing tripped me up.

Thanks!

hvA8dC7.jpg

What were the PS2 limitation of FFXI? Never played it.

Well, there was never anything ever concretely said IIRC. When people would ask the developers for X, they'd respond that they couldn't because of the limitations of the PS2 (paraphrase). I remember a lot of issues with expansions because of the amount of available PS2 memory and that the HDD was woefully small.

Now mind you, the majority of the FFXI players in Japan were PS2.

DrDogg

I apologize if this has been answered before but I just wanted to clear up some stuff.

I bought FFXIV Collectors edition back for ver 1.0. I played for the free month and then bailed. I'm super interested in the reboot now and got a beta key but never used it.

I cracked open my old FFXIV case and the disc is there but no activation code. Is this still linked to my SE account so I can just hop on when it goes live for the free 2 weeks or am I going to have to re-buy the game?

If I don't have to re-buy, can i download all the files and install them now or do I need to wait for release? Can I just install off my disc or is everything new?

You're good. Download the phase 4 beta client, enter your SE account info and you'll be set on Tuesday.

BLCKATK

I apologize if this has been answered before but I just wanted to clear up some stuff.

I bought FFXIV Collectors edition back for ver 1.0. I played for the free month and then bailed. I'm super interested in the reboot now and got a beta key but never used it.

I cracked open my old FFXIV case and the disc is there but no activation code. Is this still linked to my SE account so I can just hop on when it goes live for the free 2 weeks or am I going to have to re-buy the game?

If I don't have to re-buy, can i download all the files and install them now or do I need to wait for release? Can I just install off my disc or is everything new?

If you already used your CE code to play the game then use the account that you used to play the game previously. You don't need to rebuy you'll get a two free weeks. And the game is all new so you'll need to download the client off the site, the 1.0 client is useless now.

Hope that clears up your questions!

Do we know how like.. Odin is going to work? I know he's apparently a FATE boss kinda like the Behemoth, but... I mean, how difficult will he be I wonder? Hmm. Honestly, I hope they give Odin his own instance battle at some point similar to the other primals.

Do we know how like.. Odin is going to work? I know he's apparently a FATE boss kinda like the Behemoth, but... I mean, how difficult will he be I wonder? Hmm. Honestly, I hope they give Odin his own instance battle at some point similar to the other primals.

I hope they do MORE stuff like this. I want roaming FATE mobs that actually make the zones a bit hard to get through. Right now it's pretty easy to avoid aggro in most places.

Croyles

How much do races really matter for the class that you choose? Because it seems a bit annoying if you ideally need different characters for different classes even though you can switch between them pretty much on the fly.

Thinking of picking the Elezen simply because I've always liked their designs the most, but would like to be able to pick classes like Gladiator and others at some point that according to some sites are not suited for Elezen.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Really torn on if I should get this. FFXIV was.... the worst thing. Ever. I do want to play this but I know that I won't have any of my friends to play with really and they will just make me play DOTA2 anyway.

daveo42

Banned

If they are open world boss FATEs, then they'll probably be somewhat similar to Cancer or that rock monster the Southern Shroud. The bigger question is whether or not there will also be item drops for these boss mobs or not. Can't remember if the ones we current can access actually have drops or not.

How much do races really matter for the class that you choose? Because it seems a bit annoying if you ideally need different characters for different classes even though you can switch between them pretty much on the fly.

Thinking of picking the Elezen simply because I've always liked their designs the most, but would like to be able to pick classes like Gladiator and others at some point that according to some sites are not suited for Elezen.

Very little apparently. + or - a point on different stats here or there. Play what you like!

Race stats differencies are minimal, so just choose the race you like the most. 2 or 3 points more on STR won't make a difference.

Come to the swag race!

6cPpNiS.jpg

#swag

Askani

I didn't know they were doing special GameStop preorder bonuses. I forgot I dropped $5 on it quite awhile ago. The store manager is a friend of mine and she told me to come pick it up. It's a cloth Roegadyn banner. 40"x27".

I guess if you want one, call your local GameStop and see if they have extras. I also got the XIV standee they weren't going to use.

Mature

Really torn on if I should get this. FFXIV was.... the worst thing. Ever. I do want to play this but I know that I won't have any of my friends to play with really and they will just make me play DOTA2 anyway.
Make new friends in ARR. Problem solved!

Dude, is basically a new game. If you have 1.0 you can play 2 weeks before they start you billing. Try it, if you need friends come to Sargatanas or Ultros. Plenty of gaffers there.

Enthus

I didn't know they were doing special GameStop preorder bonuses. I forgot I dropped $5 on it quite awhile ago. The store manager is a friend of mine and she told me to come pick it up. It's a cloth Roegadyn banner. 40"x27".

I guess if you want one, call your local GameStop and see if they have extras. I also got the XIV standee they weren't going to use.

I may just have to get this. I didn't imagine Roegadyn paladins would get much love in the merchandise side of things, so this is great. I saw it was pretty thin, though.

I hope they do MORE stuff like this. I want roaming FATE mobs that actually make the zones a bit hard to get through. Right now it's pretty easy to avoid aggro in most places.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I like the idea of really hard FATE bosses that can cause problems if you get too close to them while exploring. But I worry that it won't be a difficult encounter since it's just a FATE boss. And Odin.. I mean, I see him as one of the more powerful primals/summons in FF games, so I want him to be difficult (hence my comment about making him also an instanced fight).

If they are open world boss FATEs, then they'll probably be somewhat similar to Cancer or that rock monster the Southern Shroud. The bigger question is whether or not there will also be item drops for these boss mobs or not. Can't remember if the ones we current can access actually have drops or not.

Maybe you can get his mount as a drop if you get a Gold rating? There was a screenshot by a dev of a lalafell on his mount. xD

Askani

I may just have to get this. I didn't imagine Roegadyn paladins would get much love in the merchandise side of things, so this is great. I saw it was pretty thin, though.

It's extremely thin. The color of the wall you have it on will have an effect for sure.

Croyles

So umm, how come some people are getting the game on saturday? I thought the release was the 27th? Or is that just for europe?

daveo42

Banned
Hell my character will be a lalafell dragoon. Haters gonna hate.

Go for it. The more shorties the better!

I remember some good Taru PLD in FFXI.

Now that's a bit more ballsy...at least Tarus had the manapool to back them up, but lower MND, HP, and VIT didn't help but weaknesses could be overcome for the most part with skill and good gear. Best BLM on my server during early FFXI was a Hume, not a Taru.

Yep, is old.

Nice bump on my HD6850, about 500-600 more points in the benchmark.
Yeah it added a few more points to my score, but I also saw it upped some of the framerate drops in the benchmark.

I think the lowest FPS i saw was 53 running it max at 1080p. I have a 7970.

That driver breaks downsampling, fucking lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom