• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
my friend is asking me
all GC missions are the same and can be done with eachother ya?
only dif is the story/CS?

I think all the missions will be pretty much the same yeah, and you can do them with whoever. Well, some of them might be solo-only. Like the first mission you get after joining the grand company (
going to investigate the airship and fighting the machine enemy
) might be a solo-only quest, I'm not sure. But most of the group quests will let everyone play with each other. Hope that helped. It's mostly speculation. The first few missions are the same, though. I don't really see that changing. We won't know for sure until early access.

Skilletor

I think, like anything else you might spend hundreds, if not, thousands of hours working on and paying for, you might end up a bit intrinsically attached to it. =)

Maybe, but when I think back to my FFXI days, I personally remember how awesome and happy I was at the AF armor over my character.

Of course, I was playing on ps2, and her face looked like melted wax, so I couldn't get too attached to how my character looked.

Isaccard

I did too. Plenty of people liked it.

NeoGAF (and some other gaming communities) would like you to believe otherwise.
But I learned quite a while ago "hardcore gamers" and I do not often share the same opinions.

But I'm one of those weird people who consider FFXIII one of the best games of the generation.

Can't wait to find Lightning's FATE. Not too crazy about the Snow costume though.. I was surprised and excited to see she was included in the game.

chrono01

Someone managed to get both the PC and PS3 CE in their hands:
https://twitter.com/LuciferBiscuit/media/grid

Also, did anyone get their Before Meteor soundtrack? I wonder if it's worth the 50 bucks to get it down the road.
The Japanese Collector's Edition looked more impressive. It seems like they get a nice slipcover to the art book and the box itself [that everything comes in] is decorated with the Yoshitaka Amano artwork. :(

Still, I'm excited for my CE. The art book looks to be worth the additional cost on its own, but a 6-track OST? No way in hell. That's not an OST, that's a sampler.

Isaccard

Oh lord, now this thread will start talking about FF13.

Stahp. :(

iqgdezdlyhxry.gif

Your character doesn't stand in place and turn when you hold the stick in L or R direction. They instantly turn in that direction and run (as you would expect of a third person game with analog controls). It's not like A and D on a keyboard where you stand in place and spin.

Keyboard doesn't spin if you select legacy controls in the options.

frequency

Can't wait to find Lightning's FATE. Not too crazy about the Snow costume though.. I was surprised and excited to see she was included in the game.

I admit at first I wasn't sure about Lightning being in the game. I felt it didn't really fit in Eorzea even though I love Lightning.

Then someone (I think it was Kintaro) mentioned having other special event outfits like for Christmas and stuff. My first reaction was that those are still designed for Eorzea. But after thinking about it some more, I was totally wrong and I can't reasonably deny what that person said.

Now I totally can't wait to find that FATE.

daveo42

Banned
M/KB > Controller.

Come at me.

I tried using the controller once, it is really good. I will check it out again.

I'd agree, but I haven't used controller setup yet. My guess based on comments here is its great for movement, not as much for skills/targeting.

I want a hybrid system.

erawsd

Only thing str does on war is give you more damage, having parry only leads to ass mitigation to begin with. The skills themselves have built in threat generation.

30 str gives 1% block/parry damage mitigation.

You say that as if damage is not incredibly important to a Warrior tank? Storm's Path, Inner Beast, and Bloodbath are the bread and butter of the Warrior tanking and they all scale directly (and only) with damage output.

Isaccard

I admit at first I wasn't sure about Lightning being in the game. I felt it didn't really fit in Eorzea even though I love Lightning.

Then someone (I think it was Kintaro) mentioned having other special event outfits like for Christmas and stuff. My first reaction was that those are still designed for Eorzea. But after thinking about it some more, I was totally wrong and I can't reasonably deny what that person said.

I'm really curious as to how they'll explain why she's in Eorzea and/or how she got there.

Toryiama must be elated, haha

Goli

Is that FATE coming at launch or at a later date to match with Lightning Returns' release date?

Is anyone going to be playing this with a gamepad on PC? Or would you be considered crazy for doing so? I've never played an MMORPG before, so yeah...

I enjoyed playing phase 3 and 4 with the controller, so I'll probably stick with it. Sometimes targeting stuff got weird/difficult, though.

Baleoce

I think people that "care" about some virtual avatars are weird, but that's just me.

It's just a toon I'm using to run around in the world. I care more about how it looks than my name.

Certainly don't have any emotions tied up into it.

The reason the character system in Final Fantasy MMO's (XI and XIV) resonates with me more than others, is because I like to think of them as Bonsai trees.

You basically have one central toon that is the basis for your online presence. You level every job and craft on that single character should you wish, and it becomes who you are identified with socially. So you can log on at will and pick away at your character bit by bit until you sculpt it into the vision you have of your animated character inside your head. To me this is compelling. The character becomes more personal than in any other game of its kind as a result.

For some reason, I had to take all the vowels in my nickname to register on the FFXIV forums, both beta and final, because it doesn't comply with their naming restrictions.

This is the second time I get this, one was in an online game I played. Thing is... what's offensive in my name? And in which language?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
It's interesting playing a Roegadyn female. When I'm out leveling, I start to think "it's weird playing something so small. I'm used to the girthy Galkas/Male Roegadyn."

Then I stand next to everyone and realize "WTF is wrong with me? I'm playing an Amazon compared to damn near everyone else!"

I continue on my merry way...

Ferrio

Banned
It's interesting playing a Roegadyn female. When I'm out leveling, I start to think "it's weird playing something so small. I'm used to the girthy Galkas/Male Roegadyn."

Then I stand next to everyone and realize "WTF is wrong with me? I'm playing an Amazon compared to damn near everyone else!"

I continue on my merry way...

Towering over everyone is awesome.

It was £51 literally yesterday when I ordered.
Just cancelled and ordered again. -_-

Amazon refund the differences as long as you have it preordered, they have preorder price promises. I may cancel and reorder for a quicker delivery.
My ShopTo order hasn't actually been dispatched yet. Anyone know how to cancel?

You could email or ring them, but that's hopefully there are still customer services personnel still around.

erawsd

Your character doesn't stand in place and turn when you hold the stick in L or R direction. They instantly turn in that direction and run (as you would expect of a third person game with analog controls). It's not like A and D on a keyboard where you stand in place and spin.

Remapping A & D to strafe is probably the first thing any MMO player should do.d

Valnen

I'd agree, but I haven't used controller setup yet. My guess based on comments here is its great for movement, not as much for skills/targeting.

I want a hybrid system.

I found it to be pretty easy for targeting when it came to healing but I couldn't quite figure out tanking with it.

Remapping A & D to strafe is probably the first thing any MMO player should do.d

Setting the Camera option to "Legacy" does the same thing.

Everyone should be playing with "Legacy" camera, unless you enjoy slowly walking backwards instead of turning and running backwards to get out of the huge red circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom