• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croyles

The chances of this are nearly nil. That's there so Squenix doesn't get sued, they don't actually care if you are named Samsung Galaxy.

That seems perfectly adequate. Even from the US West Coast I ping 90ms to the servers in Montreal.

Yes, when you play you'll see that there's no lag, all comes down to time zones an people playing when you are online.

(Try a Japanese server, latency is horrible)

Thanks again people! Amazed at how quick and helpful the answers are in this thread.

tenchir

Mine says no active service or account despite the fact that under service list it shows early access. Can anyone on the ps3 confirm what the ps3 launcher looks like

It's the same launcher as the previous beta phases.

edit: I was able to go through all the eula and stuff and got to the launcher like 10 minutes ago.

Valnen

More avatars from Lodestone forums:

hLGDpoL.png

cHTMiMc.png

8jlhR46.png

Many more here:
http://imgur.com/a/wTN3O

I'm taking the Tonberry for my GAF avatar >.>.

Jijidasu

There's a thread on the official forums going right now about CE items for existing 1.0 Legacy CE accounts that has me worried.

My account is a 1.0 CE Legacy account and I bought the ARR PC CE (physical edition). Do I get all of the stuff I paid for? I think I read somewhere that 1.0 CE/Legacy get the ARR CE items as is, and to get the pre-order goodies you're required to well, pre-order.

I'm not sure what's going on, there's a lot of information flying around but I'm not certain what is official and what isn't. Any guidance?

There's a thread on the official forums going right now about CE items for existing 1.0 Legacy CE accounts that has me worried.

My account is a 1.0 CE Legacy account and I bought the ARR PC CE (physical edition). Do I get all of the stuff I paid for? I think I read somewhere that 1.0 CE/Legacy get the ARR CE items as is, and to get the pre-order goodies you're required to well, pre-order.

I'm not sure what's going on, there's a lot of information flying around but I'm not certain what is official and what isn't. Any guidance?

Other than avoiding the official forums? :p

Ah I see
Now I've linked the pre-order code on my PS3 (as prompted) I'm now downloading a 1.8GB update which is in addition to the pre-order client. I'd imagine after this finishes I'll get the 'please wait for EA to begin' notice instead.

Someone wonderful and amazing here on GAF <3 gave me a key of some kind, I didn't even know what it was for. So I tried it out by going through the Codeception redemption process and found it was an ARR Standard PC version key and it gave me the preorder items and the early access as New Options, but I saw that the ARR CE items were already bound to my account as Permanent Options because I'm a 1.0 CE owner. So I guess you can just preorder ARR Standard if you are a 1.0 CE owner and still get the ARR CE items which you are entitled to as a 1.0 CE owner.

Khrno

Pre-order items require you to pre-order, no one else gets them, no 1.0, no Legacy, no Yoshida's mom. You have to pre-order ARR to get ARR's preo-order items.

As far as ARR's cE items go, the only thing you need is to have the Onion's Helm registered to your account, ot ARR's CE edition.

basically you are getting everything, don't worry, sit back go and sleep until Saturday or something, you'll get all the items on the 27th, just like anyone else that happen to be Legacy, 1.0's CE owners or ARR's owners.

ebil

Moogle hat and Cait Sith doll minion are pre-order bonuses.
Coeurl Mount, Behemoth barding, Baby Behemoth minion and Helm of Light are digital CE items. 1.0 CE owners will get them so you'll get them regardless of pre-ordering.

Jijidasu

Thanks for the replies! Yeah I found the page that listed that. I ordered the physical CE for the art book if nothing else, but having the CE items is a nice touch too. Shame nothing shows on my SE account yet though

Yup. I have it in my service list on PSN.

I preordered both versions, but I never played in the beta versions with my ps3, just now when I ran it for first time after registering code yesterday, it asked me to link my psn and SE account and after that accept more EULA crap and now Im downloading a 1827 Mb patch

I preordered both versions, but I never played in the beta versions with my ps3, just now when I ran it for first time after registering code yesterday, it asked me to link my psn and SE account and after that accept more EULA crap and now Im downloading a 1827 Mb patch

I've played all the beta versions it updated from the 8.15 client to the 8.22 client on the PS3 then prompted me to log in and accept more terms. Accepted them all then it says no service account active... It shows on my ps3 account early access. I cannot even add the second ps3 pre order code to my psn account because it says those items already exist

I did all of that during P4.

fishbang

I'd honestly like to thank everyone in this thread and the others (now defunct) for helping me cope during the dry spells between betas and leading up to EA. I haven't managed to hook a single friend into playing, so I'm alone with my jonesing and this has been my only support group when I need a fix.

I also really appreciate the information about registration, notices, emails, dev posts, and suchlike. After a lot of good advice, I held my horses and waited to register my codes. Things went through perfectly and I avoided a lot of pacing and nail-chewing.

Yer a fine bunch.

Varna

I see Ebay has some FFXIV early access codes up for sale (both PC and PS3). Would I be able to use these on an existing account?

Panda Rin

So I just registered for the early access, and it redirected me to the Square Enix website. I already had a SE account, and it showed that I was logged in before arriving on this page. When I tried typing in my information in on the redirected page, I got a message stating that my account was deleted. I had to create another account to get the code in. Does SE use two different account systems?

Khrno

I see Ebay has some FFXIV early access codes up for sale (both PC and PS3). Would I be able to use these on an existing account?

They probably got them from free on Amazon or some other sites, so yeah, whatever you want to do with your money..

omlet

So I just registered for the early access, and it redirected me to the Square Enix website. I already had a SE account, and it showed that I was logged in before arriving on this page. When I tried typing in my information in on the redirected page, I got a message stating that my account was deleted. I had to create another account to get the code in. Does SE use two different account systems?

If only it was just two.......

Yes.

You don't get any extra 30 days playtime, since you won't be registering the actual game. But you'll get early access and the preorder items.

Also, YGPM.

volgihn

I got Issued a European code instead of a North American one. Did any one else here have this problem, if so is there a way to fix this?

Wow thanks, that is an excellent resource!

http://valk.dancing-mad.com/

Yeah, I used this to figure something out about STR:

Ok, so a Lv. 50 WAR with Ifrit's Battleaxe who put 30 points into STR will gain approximately 6.79 points of Physical Damage on Weaponskills and nearly 3 points on Autoattacks. Keep in mind that this is pretty huge considering the Ifrit Battleaxe gives 44DMG! With the DMG increasing buffs, these values almost double - I don't know how/why, but that's what the calculator spits out. With Enmity enhanced abilities giving *3 enmity yield on Physical Damage, I've concluded that this is pretty good. STR seems to be very impressive for both DMG and Emnity; however, it isn't very good for parry/block due to insane diminishing returns.

I need to mess around with this some more...

LowParry

I got Issued a European code instead of a North American one. Did any one else here have this problem, if so is there a way to fix this?

I used the same pre-order code which gave me a NA code instead after SE stated that the problem was fixed.

Jomjom

Banned
Wait, so the PS3 code for PSN that we got for registering our early access 18-digit code is not necessary? I just keep using the same PS3 client that I used for P4 beta?

Why does S-E have to be so damn confusing all the time.......

daveo42

Banned
How do you show your phase 4 beta character? Right now I only have my 1.0 character available on Lodestone.

Edit: found it.

Varna

Yes.

You don't get any extra 30 days playtime, since you won't be registering the actual game. But you'll get early access and the preorder items.

Also, YGPM.

Thanks. Another kind of stupid question. Where am I entering this stuff for the PC version? I don't see any account page on the main FFXIV site...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom