• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khrno

In case the F2P arguements ever crop up again...

xTm87Zh.gif

This is great, needs to be quoted,

Khrno

I hope this game does well so Yoshi might be a contender for more FF projects.

Although I hope the same, being realistic, he'd have to put out at least 2 expansions before getting a shot at an offline main FF.

Of course that if ARR gets good subs, it doesn't really matter if he isn't making FFXVI or XVII, since he'd making the company more money than those games anyway.

(I'm just speculating of course)

Jomjom

Banned
The early access code shouldn't have given you a new client (if you played Phase 4), just added Early Access to your Service List. The Phase 4 client and the retail one are the same one, you can keep the P4 one without downloading anything else.

Ooooooooh OK! I kept thinking the new 12-digit PSN code was for another client. I'm not used to entering a code, but just for a status and not a download of some kind. Thank you for the info!

Kyon

Banned
Anyone else not getting the Cait sith and mog hat when redeeming PS3 code? It only shows client in the download list

Vashetti

Banned
First order of business before that: a long nights' sleep and vacation!

Yes! I cannot imagine the amount of stress and the subsequent relief the release of this game is going to do for SE.

It's been their biggest project (in terms of employees) for the past couple of years, right?

Is there anyone whose preordered through PSN that has gotten a message when they log into the client on the ps3 other than "No service account..." ???

There's a huge thread in the Technical Support area of the official forum complaining about that. I'm guessing a lot of people, maybe everyone, has that on PS3.

Khrno

Oh, If I can't have alt banks then I'll probably switch to the cheapest sub after sub rewards.

In a character you get 100 slots on your character, 25 slots per equipment type on your Armoury Chest, the Armoire in the Inn, and 350 inventory spaces divided in two retainers.

So realistically, an alt is not needed, unless you decided to level up all gathering classes at the same time, while keeping all the items without crafting them or selling them.

Noi

Ooooooooh OK! I kept thinking the new 12-digit PSN code was for another client. I'm not used to entering a code, but just for a status and not a download of some kind. Thank you for the info!

Well, if you hadn't played Phase 4, then yes, the 12 digit code would have given you the client. But the code can't give you something you already have. :V

Where is it supposed to show that you have the Caith Sith and Mog Hat? I've been wondering this on the PS3.

Open your current PS3 client after using the 12 digit code on your PSN account. There will be a new EULA to accept and prompts you to add Early Access and the pre-order items to your SE account, like so:

BSS3uDqIEAAnNE5.jpg

Goli

Anyone else not getting the Cait sith and mog hat when redeeming PS3 code? It only shows client in the download list

It should be contained within the Standard/Collector's Pre-order pack service, I think. Otherwise you can check after logging in to the PS3 version and adding the services to your SE account.

Did you boot up the launcher after downloading and go through all the user agreements and whatnot? It should show up somewhere in that process. It doesn't show up on the PSN store/download list.

Kyon

Banned
It should be contained within the Standard/Collector's Pre-order pack service, I think. Otherwise you can check after logging in to the PS3 version and adding the services to your SE account.

Did you boot up the launcher after downloading and go through all the user agreements and whatnot? It should show up somewhere in that process. It doesn't show up on the PSN store/download list.

O... Ok :D thanks! Ill check it out

Jomjom

Banned
Well, if you hadn't played Phase 4, then yes, the 12 digit code would have given you the client. But the code can't give you something you already have. :V

Open your current PS3 client after using the 12 digit code on your PSN account. There will be a new EULA to accept and prompts you to add Early Access and the pre-order items to your SE account, like so:

<3!!!! Thanks again!!!

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
In case the F2P arguements ever crop up again...

Funny, but entirely misses the point as to why most people don't want to sub. For me it's more about the feeling of wasting money if I don't play the game enough.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Can you double check to make sure everything went through on the PC version yet? Did the full registration, said I was getting all the items and such. Go to my SE account, and I see my Legacy account but can access any options on it.

kaiju

Anyone pre-order the game from GS and have yet to receive an EA code?

Hearing a rumor that they are out of codes or something...

daveo42

Banned
Arcanist to 50! While questing SMN and SCH skills. Might to do some endgame before I reach 50 with that class.

There's some discussion about whether WHM or SCH will be more interesting to play as dedicated healer in the group on Lodestone. Seems like SCH might be a lot of fun.

Khrno

There's some discussion about whether WHM or SCH will be more interesting to play as dedicated healer in the group on Lodestone. Seems like SCH might be a lot of fun.

You know, I don't like healing, never liked to be WHM on either FFXI or FFXIV v1.0, however SCH sounds more interesting, not just healing but buffing up at the same time, and using the Fairies pets, so worst case, is that I just completely unlocked SCH, but just played as SMN.

Anyway, there is absolutely no reason to deny that a WHM+SCH combo will be the best healing setup for endgame. WHMx2 or SCHx2 will not work as well as one of each job.

antitrop

What's everyone going to do first? Story, craft, roam around?

Even though I put over a thousand hours into WoW and I've tried out many, many MMOs, I'm a total idiot when it comes to learning the UIs.

We're talking like probably at least a good 2 hours of me just running around like a dumbass trying to get a hang of the controls and the UI features. Exciting!

This is how I feel. I like WHM, but SCH just looks a lot more interesting to play as personally. The abilities have cool mechanics, and you even have a fairy pet you can control.

So when I log into the Lodestone, I only see one of my characters (my legacy character). I don't see the character I made for Phase 4 beta. Also, my legacy character doesn't reflect any of the progress I made during Phase 4. I see all the cool images of people's characters and levels, some of which are obviously from phase 4 with progress in tact, so am I logging into the wrong place to see this stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom