• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noi

Wait, so the PS3 code for PSN that we got for registering our early access 18-digit code is not necessary? I just keep using the same PS3 client that I used for P4 beta?

Why does S-E have to be so damn confusing all the time.......

You need it to give both your PSN and SE account the "Early Access" option, even if the client is the same one.

Are you guys and gals expecting servers issues for this game for like the first few days of launch? Or does anyone think it'll go smoothly?

Judging from how Phase 4 went and Preorder Code Registration went, I expect everything to go perfectly and everyone will be able to log on and play freely and all the servers will remain operational throughout the launch period.

LOL

edotlee

I get this same message on PS3 even though, it says I have Early Access in my service list on PSN.
38y8eYw.jpg

*sigh* I'm getting this too.

Khrno

Are you guys and gals expecting servers issues for this game for like the first few days of launch? Or does anyone think it'll go smoothly?

Well of course, anyone expecting 0 problems would be delusional.

If you have already made a character (during the Open Beta) on the server of your choice, then be happy, you'll only have to deal with queues, and maybe (but actually unlikely) random errors.

frequency

Almost every MMO ever, even with poor impressions prior to release, have very rough first few days (if not more) because of server issues. I expect no different here.

scosher

So where's the new forums that people were mentioning in this thread?

Square's main site is not easy to navigate. Seems they have so many different official portals and websites.

jiggle

Judging from how Phase 4 went and Preorder Code Registration went, I expect everything to go perfectly and everyone will be able to log on and play freely and all the servers will remain operational throughout the launch period.

LOL
they better have some ambassador goodies ready for ppl locked out of their servers!

Valnen

Almost every MMO ever, even with poor impressions prior to release, have very rough first few days (if not more) because of server issues. I expect no different here.

Yeah, if it didn't have server issues I'd be worried about the lack of interest in the game.

Alright, just wondering. This is my first MMORPG ever and I'm hyped to be apart of its launch, but I guess I will expect some issues at the start.

Sandfox

I'm about to buy the game so I can get my early access. Its probably going to be pretty terrible though with so many people getting in and downloading the client but hopefully SE can handle it.

Which sub plan are you guys going for?

glaurung

Got the codes sorted out, pre-loaded the game and... now I have to leave my PC for the entire weekend.

So much for that early access for moi.

Khrno

Got the codes sorted out, pre-loaded the game and... now I have to leave my PC for the entire weekend.

So much for that early access for moi.

At least you got it! Feel good about yourself, and blame whoever made you go away for the weekend!!! (Not really, unless it's work related blame your boss).

Jomjom

Banned
You need it to give both your PSN and SE account the "Early Access" option, even if the client is the same one.

But do I need to download whatever my new 12 digit PSN code gave me in my PS3 download history? I punched in the code on the browser version of the PSN store, so I didn't actually download anything to my PS3 yet.

EDIT: Missed the part about "even if the client is the same one." So that means there's no difference between the client we downloaded for P4 beta and the client this new early access code gave us?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
What world/server will most GAF'ers be at?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqJ0t4fudwPtdFJ4RW5qV3JtU1pUR3IzendzUmRVaVE#gid=1
I'm about to buy the game so I can get my early access. Its probably going to be pretty terrible though with so many people getting in and downloading the client but hopefully SE can handle it.

Which sub plan are you guys going for?
Well, I'll at least buy 60 days of game time on the 27th for the sub rewards.

As far as the cheapest monthly sub where you can only have 1 char per server goes, I kind of anticipate wanting alt toons as banks.

LowParry

I pre-ordered from Green Man Gaming. It's the digital collectors edition for the PC.

Huh. Exactly where I got mine and version. Talk with SE support and see what they say. It should of been fixed by now so I would highly recommend you try and get it resolved by tonight if possible.

Edit: Also I did get a confirmation from SE in email about my code. Twice in fact so they've done something to help. So hopefully we'll see if they get you taken care of by tomorrow.

Croyles

Bed time for me. Gonna try and forget about this game until it arrives in the mail. Good luck to all of your early access endeavors, I dare say you, and even us lowly 27thers will need it!

volgihn

Huh. Exactly where I got mine and version. Talk with SE support and see what they say. It should of been fixed by now so I would highly recommend you try and get it resolved by tonight if possible.

Edit: Also I did get a confirmation from SE in email about my code. Twice in fact so they've done something to help. So hopefully we'll see if they get you taken care of by tomorrow.

I hope they can fix this. I received the confirmation email but it contained he EU code. Ill contact them and hopefully I will be playing with everyone this Saturday.

daveo42

Banned
My character on the new forum:

RaLChMV.png

The hat looks better in relation to my entire character and wardrobe...but it looks silly on a headshot.

LowParry

I hope they can fix this. I received the confirmation email but it contained he EU code. Ill contact them and hopefully I will be playing with everyone this Saturday.

Also just to be extra sure, check your GMG email and be sure it states that you have the (NA) version pre ordered.

Panda Rin

I'll be going into this game blind. Excited to see what all the hype was about. After being so hyped for Guild Wars 2, I left really disappointed with the game.

Happy to be on board :).

Noi

But do I need to download whatever my new 12 digit PSN code gave me in my PS3 download history? I punched in the code on the browser version of the PSN store, so I didn't actually download anything to my PS3 yet.

EDIT: Missed the part about "even if the client is the same one." So that means there's no difference between the client we downloaded for P4 beta and the client this new early access code gave us?

The early access code shouldn't have given you a new client (if you played Phase 4), just added Early Access to your Service List. The Phase 4 client and the retail one are the same one, you can keep the P4 one without downloading anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom