• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much RItsu on this page. Disgusting.

Also, I have to work on Saturday. It's going to be hell knowing I'm working while other people are playing, assuming the servers all work.

More like not enough. Time to start on this page ;)

Anyway, I'm thinking I'm going to upgrade to the digital C.E. after my S.E copy gets here. The physical goodies didn't impress me too much, but would love the digital extras.

elyetis

Do people like to play with Bards and Scholars in groups ?
It's not like they have a choice, duty finder ftw.

Now since there isn't a support role in the duty finder playing them is the same as playing any other DD so you will have big waiting time, so Scholar is likely a better choice. ( thought I begin to expect tank to be even more rare than healer post lvl30 since so many people want to play a pet job like arcanist )

eoljiI9.gif

Jinko

It's pretty easy to run out of them on the controller without strafing. Even the big ones on Ifrit. This is because it gives you full analog control and not a gimped version of WASD.

If you have legacy controls and can use a mouse properly you can get out of an AoE circle just as effectively.

I do prefer to explore and gather with controller though, but only because its more comfortable.

Khrno

Didn't see this posted in the last 2 pages.

So the Early Access code will allow people to play until August 30.

Hey everyone,

Early access will not end before the official launch begins, so don't worry!
For those asking about waiting for their physical packages to arrive with their full reg. code -- early access users will be able to play until August 30th.

Well, that's 7 days starting from this Saturday, so my guess that it would be at least 1 week was somewhat right.

Also, something that I've saying since June, but due to the lack of official word some people still didn't believe, but anyway:

"Hi Bayonne
this would be great but what about after 30th? Will I always need to use the disk to launch the game or I can anyway start from the client? I'm on PS3"

After you've installed the game, you won't need your disc inside the system to play!

BAM! TITAN'D!

user1337

Woop woop, my order has been dispatched by the etailer :D. I may actually get the physical disc tomorrow if these guys do their usual 1 day delivery.

Vashetti

Banned
Fuck it, ordered the PS3 collector's edition from Amazon for £45.99.

If ShopTo still despatch mine, I'll either send it back or maybe even sell it for profit.

Gentlegoo

Banned
Does anyone have a spare EU early access code by any chance ? I have a CE account from 1.0, and we don't get early access sadly (  ゚,_ゝ゚)

Riposte

Too good.

I plan on leveling MRD/WAR to 50 for ARR. Was my original class, until I was swayed by Lancer's "mobile" melee thing they had going in a way, way earlier version (back when it was more about positioning and each class having their own kind of AoE). It is also why I picked Althyk as my deity. Time god with a big axe just speaks to me, as a person.

Xux

Jeeze, they might as well be putting up signs asking everyone to come crash the servers, lol.
C'mon, Square, do it; prove everyone wrong. The age of Final Fantasy will never die!

Khrno

Feels like way more hype for this than the original FFXIV, so Square did a good job relaunching.

They hype is indeed high in this one!

They need to be less subtle. I have no idea what they're advertising!

To be honest, it needs more Lightning, they need Lightning everywhere!

I really don't doubt they are going to sell lot's of copies at launch, gotta bear in mind that there are up to 650k 1.0 game copies out there (and buddy passes), so the numbers of new ARR copies sold will not be as high as the amount of people playing.

However the deal breaker will be in October, how many of those potential 1M, 1.5M, or even 2M players during September will remain and sub to play in October?

I will be subbing for 6 months just to get all the bonus items from up to 180 days, and if endgame and the content updates hold up, then I will be playing for some few more years.

Baleoce

So how is Japan's advertisement for the game?

I would say it's alright.

And some from last month when the advertisement campaign started in specialized stores.

It's going to be fun to check the Media Create thread in two weeks.

I wish the UK was as passionate about advertising these types of games, rather than all the dudebro and sports that seem to be the only ads I ever see on TV anymore, let alone physical advertising.

syoaran

I wish the UK was as passionate about advertising these types of games, rather than all the dudebro and sports that seem to be the only ads I ever see on TV anymore, let alone physical advertising.

Irony is that we [UK] market and make a lot of these games adverts, just most of them end up on very late night TV and bookend videos on Gametrailers

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I had no hype for 1.0 because I played Alpha/Beta and it was a horrible experience. :(
Basically this. I remember playing the 1.0 alpha and thinking that things will get better in the beta.
Then playing the beta and thinking that it's just a beta and seeing the backlash on the forums I believed in the Day 1 patch.

Yeah.

Khrno

To be honest, I'm surprised by the somewhat low advertisement of GTAV over here. I was in town yesterday, and I expected to see GTAV adverts everywhere, and saw nothing.

I saw some 3DS event was taking place tho (although they were already closed for the day), but it was gonna last for all the weekend, and did have Pokemon advertisements lol

Kyari

The awful live action advert has been playing fairly consistently on E4 all week.

syoaran

ShopTo are probably the best online retailer for videogames, they just get shit from some people due to their system getting compromised a few years ago.

Sadly their requirement for initial orders to be dispatched to billing addresses means I can't use them, I only deliver to work ~

Sblargh

Banned
I'm trying to understand spiritbond; in order to create materia, you have to sacrifice gear you have been using for a long tme?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom