• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmagus

I wonder how the hard primal fights will be. Now that we have indicators for attacks and hopefully no lag I would think it may be abit easier. I mean Garuda was so very hard but we also had to use a strategy to skip phase 2 of the fight because the lag was almost certain death. Even though you could see her on the map and move it was so delayed you were already getting hit lol.

Z3M0G

So they really did make the main quests easier? I figured it was just my class differences. In phase 3 I had to scrounge every hit I could and use a trial&error gameplan, hi-potion was absolutely necessary at times.

I didn't make it to any quest battles with new characters during beta... in Phase 4 I did the first quest battle with my lvl 32 Glad. It level synced me down to lvl 8. It was "easy", but I would expect that level 8 is considered pretty high for the story quest at that point. I'm assuming that if I got there at level 4 or 5 (or even lower) it would have been a bit different. I like the idea that people who have difficulty could level up high enough to make them "easy", as any traditional JRPG.

0.19MB/s.....what a speed...

R6rFT29.png

desu

Actually, for inexperienced players, I think the lack of walls around the arena is a higher difficulty gap to over come, than just taking some aoe damage.

Yep, for inexperienced players for sure. But really can't wait to try this out with GAF, should be pretty quick fun.

omlet

Do we know how to get our 2nd retainer yet and is it free like the first one?

You can get 2 retainers for free from the retainer counter NPC in any of the three main cities after you progress in the main story line far enough (have to clear first 3 dungeons for story quests).

I'm trying to understand spiritbond; in order to create materia, you have to sacrifice gear you have been using for a long tme?

As said, yeah, but just to give you an idea of "long time" it's really not that long. At least in phase 3 beta, at level 50 you could fully spirit bind a set of level 48-50 gear in about 45 minutes of killing outdoor level 45-48 trash mobs non-stop. Then pause in a safe place to switch gear and turn your other stuff into materia, then resume. Battle classes have it really easy for making materia. Gatherers and especially crafters have it rougher due to how they earn exp.

blah blah titan blah blah

New 1GB patch is out.

Hey! Wondered where you were. Go check red dot forums, got some juicy info on there you will like!

erawsd

Who else is bummed about the state of quest battle difficulty? That was my second favorite thing after the aesthetics in phase 3. Pretty much the worst thing about this game right now if you ask me.

I agree completely, it sucks all the fun out of the level up game when everything is just mindlessly easy -- its the worst thing about the modern MMO. There is nothing wrong with players failing again and again or being forced to plot out different strategies or seek the help of the community. That is how they become better players, and that is exactly what the level up portion of the game should be about.

At the least, I would like to see a difficulty slider (ala leves) or special hard mode objectives to quests that give bonus rewards. That way there ends up being something for everyone.

Totakeke

Quick questions since I'm getting a bit confused.

1. People who pre-order ARR but does not have a legacy account still gets access to early access, right?
2. It doesn't matter what region of the game you buy, you can still select servers from all available regions once you get into the game, correct?

Jacobbles

Just out of curiosity, do we know yet if the PS3 version is going to have trophies?

I thought Sony required it of all paid games, but we're days from release and there isn't a list out yet :/

1. People who pre-order ARR but does not have a legacy account still gets access to early access, right?
2. It doesn't matter what region of the game you buy, you can still select servers from all available regions once you get into the game, correct?

Yes, and yes.

Xavien

Yes and Yes

Omnicent

Actually, for inexperienced players, I think the lack of walls around the arena is a higher difficulty gap to over come, than just taking some aoe damage.

This!
Sounds like Controlled Black Hammer from Vindictus (spear lann pre dodge roll buff, sprint smash for life!).

Thats the fight that taught me to be aware of my surrondings.

Anyways 1 more day (well a bit less).

1. Yes

2. Yes

Beaten like a noob tank

Vashetti

Banned
Just out of curiosity, do we know yet if the PS3 version is going to have trophies?

I thought Sony required it of all paid games, but we're days from release and there isn't a list out yet :/

It has to, Sony mandates trophies.

There hasn't been a list because no one can access the full-game yet.

Trophy lists usually leak because games release early, games that don't require an internet connection to run, of which the servers aren't live yet :p

desu

Patch adds back all the missing images that SE removed from the phase 4 client (really old stuff that we already had seen), and adds the the maps for all the current content along with other things.

It has to, Sony mandates trophies.

There hasn't been a list because no one can access the full-game yet.

Trophy lists usually leak because games release early, games that don't require an internet connection to run, of which the servers aren't live yet :p

And also probably because they will have spoilers about endgame trophies

Jacobbles

PS3 is patching now, woo.

So what are the chances that this will be the last patch before early access? Should we be expecting to just be able to start playing at 9AM PST?
I've never participated in the launch of an MMO before I don't know what happens

PS3 is patching now, woo.

So what are the chances that this will be the last patch before early access? Should we be expecting to just be able to start playing at 9AM PST?
I've never participated in the launch of an MMO before I don't know what happens

They might add last minute patches but no1 knows. Also game starts at 2am PST

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
This game comes out but I don't know if I should start it or wait to register my key until I know I can play it. I have a CISSP test I have to study for. I plan on playing on Ultros. I just know I'll feel behind everyone if I don't play at the star. I know if I start this game it will affect me studying for the CISSP test though.

Can any1 comment on how easy it is to set up one-time password? I tried to download the app in square old website but it said that FF14 is unavailable, even though I already input the 20 digit code. Can some1 give me a link?

Animekatt

As a reminder, i HIGHLY recommend installing the authenticator app on your phone and having a onetime password on your account.

I second this. The app is free, and it will give you peace of mind on your account. :)

Also, thanks for the heads up about the patch everyone.

Gentlegoo

Banned
Can't even download the patch, says no active FFXIV game on account when i log in.

I bought CE on 1.0 years ago 「(゚ペ)

Vashetti

Banned
Furthermore, trophies and MMOs go together hand-in-hand.

They provide a nice goal when it can be initially daunting to choose a path in an MMO.

Jinko

As said, yeah, but just to give you an idea of "long time" it's really not that long. At least in phase 3 beta, at level 50 you could fully spirit bind a set of level 48-50 gear in about 45 minutes of killing outdoor level 45-48 trash mobs non-stop. Then pause in a safe place to switch gear and turn your other stuff into materia, then resume. Battle classes have it really easy for making materia. Gatherers and especially crafters have it rougher due to how they earn exp.

I'm not sure that is true, I spirit bonded a lot of gear both whilst crafting and gathering in phase 4.

The only issue is that sacrificing stats because you want to spirtbond during crafting can be a bit of a double edged sword, but its probably best to spirtbond on mats and not finished items anyway.

Baleoce

As a reminder, i HIGHLY recommend installing the authenticator app on your phone and having a onetime password on your account.

It's a choice between the app or using the physical security token. I don't think you can have both active simultaneously. But yeah, either of them would definitely be advisable.

omlet

I'm not sure that is true, I spirit bonded a lot of gear both whilst crafting and gathering phase 4.

The only issue is that sacrificing stats because you want to spirtbond during crafting can be a bit of a double edged sword, but its probably best to spirtbond on mats and not finished items anyway.

That's what I mean, plus you have to burn mats to get exp as crafter. Also, gear you wear for SB purposes won't be as good as your main crafting gear (like your HQ/materia stuff) meaning you significantly reduce your HQ chances on recipes that will give good exp. In gatherer's case, in addition to a similar gear situation you have to gather from level 50 nodes to make any decent exp which means you are very limited on what you can gather when you want to exp grind gathering and those items may not be very profitable.

Battle class doesn't really have to worry about this in the same way. You can shave off some kill time by wearing "real" gear when fighting, sure, but it's not a huge difference.

Sioen

Hey guys I'm getting this game for ps3 and getting my code tomorrow to play earlier. How does it exactly work to download it on a ps3?

user1337

If I was in Phase 4, I don't have to download a new client, right?

Correct

Edit: beaten like ifrit

Hey guys I'm getting this game for ps3 and getting my code tomorrow to play earlier. How does it exactly work to download it on a ps3?

You get the code, use it on the square enix website, that gives you a PSN code.

Use PSn code in the PS store or through account management. that will let you download the client to play on. Follow the account setup process for a SE account and login details.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ok one more. I bought the digital DD, but the only items I saw show up were the pre-ordering ones. I take it the DD items are just linked to the code I put in to get the early access/items code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom