• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riposte

Who else is bummed about the state of quest battle difficulty? That was my second favorite thing after the aesthetics in phase 3. Pretty much the worst thing about this game right now if you ask me.

raven777

Who else is bummed about the state of quest battle difficulty? That was my second favorite thing after the aesthetics in phase 3. Pretty much the worst thing about this game right now if you ask me.

you mean how they made some of the quest battles easier?

akaoni

Banned
So they really did make the main quests easier? I figured it was just my class differences. In phase 3 I had to scrounge every hit I could and use a trial&error gameplan, hi-potion was absolutely necessary at times.

Vashetti

Banned
People in the UK hoping to get the game on time (cross-posting from Cheap Arse Gaffer thread):

Not sure if relevant to you personally, but there is a Royal Mail strike over the Bank Holiday weekend:

Staff will strike all day:
Saturday 24th August (UK-wide)
Monday 26th August (Scotland only)
Tuesday 27th August (England, Wales, Northern Ireland)

Source: CWU

Uh oh...

orion434

I am beyond Hyped for Final Fantasy XIV: ARR! I was able to get the Early Access code thanx to the help in this thread, I created my Square-Enix account and downloaded the game on my PS3 and linked my PSN ID. I'm all set!!! I'm just waiting for the servers to open to start the adventure.

I want to make sure I'll be able to play with other gaffers, I plan to join the Ultros server and I will be an Eleze Archer. What tips if any would anyone give to a person that is a FFXIV:ARR noob... and a general MMO newcomer, my experience MMO's is Phantasy Star online & Phantasy Star Universe. lol

sixthsense

Neo Member
So..I am on a bench on this one. I've never played the version 1 before and how is it compare to other MMO ? It has been getting quite a lot of positive buzz by what I've seen/read here. Should I jump onto this game ?

Khrno

I am, but I have hope that at least endgame will be challenging enough.

Either way the quests instances are still fun. If you want higher challenge, then try not to over-level, basically try going from story quest to story quest, try not to touch FATEs or even side quests, unless it is to meet the minimum level requirement for the next story quest, also don't dungeon grind, go with vendor items.

I know that sounds weird, to not take up on most of the content, but if the only way to have a nice challenging level 30 story quest is to be level 30 and have standard npc gear, then so be it.

Robin64

So how do you solo as an archer in this game? My experience with that sort of things has only ever been WoW, in which I had a pet designed to keep the enemy at a distance.

Khrno

People in the UK hoping to get the game on time (cross-posting from Cheap Arse Gaffer thread):

Uh oh...

vader.jpg

I guess no artbook for me until Wednesday :(

Anteater

Everything seems to be easier in phase 4, beat copperbell with ease as 3-man party and the solo instances didn't even require a single use of hipots =/

Kyoufu

I'm glad you guys are getting them, looks like Amazon are holding off until after the bank holiday now

Amazon are the worst.

Good prices sometimes but they've burned me on deliveries before. Most recently with Xillia
LLShC.gif

That being said, I just preordered Beyond: Two Souls SE from them. lol

edit: Royal Mail strike? Damn :(

akaoni

Banned
I kinda laughed at the postal situation, then I realised that means I won't be seeing the artbook for another few days.

So how do you solo as an archer in this game? My experience with that sort of things has only ever been WoW, in which I had a pet designed to keep the enemy at a distance.

Got Archer to 18, you pump out a lot of damage very quick, it doesn't takelong to drop mobs even 2-3 levels higher than you. Also have a pretty decent parry stat

Jarnet87

I haven't really been active in the forums or the game since like Phase 1 of beta, just wondering what jobs do you think will be the most and least popular?

Bard, Black Mage, and Scholar sound the most intriguing to me, though Bard and Black Mage are likely to have a crazy amount of players.

Khrno

Amazon are the worst.

The thing with Amazon is that they don't care anymore about the First Class deliveries or Free Standard, and it's all about the 1-day delivery or Prime.

Can't blame them, since they are a business and the bottom line is all about the money.

Anyway, ShopTo, free delivery, pre-ordered games arrive 1 or 2 days before release. We clearly know what's the superior site for such occasions.

So staying clear from this thread so far let me stay strong, I still didn't carve and have not preordered from Amazon just to get early access :p

Khrno

Post Office staff only, not postmen I believe.

I hope you are right.. I hope you are right.. I hope you are right.. I hope you are right.. I hope you are right.. I hope you are right.. I hope you are right.. I hope you are right.. I hope you are right.. I hope you are right.. I hope you are right.. I hope you are right.. I hope you are right.. I hope you are right.. I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT!!

Ultrabum

When I played ffxi the only way to level after maybe level 18 or so was to be in a group of 6. Compared to wow where you could solo to the level cap. I really liked having to be in a group because it made you meet people ect.

What is the leveling like in this game, wow or old ffxi?

CoLaN

As a 1.0 standard edition and non legacy player, i REALLY dont understand why i cant upgrade to CE now, and why do they have to wait till the 27 to launch the site.

I want to play during the early access, and this over complicated account system basically prevents me to, unless i preorder a new copy (which i will not be able to register on the same account) just to get a preorder code.

Vashetti

Banned
Managed to get my ShopTo order cancelled and went with Amazon.

Not too bothered about getting the game on time 'cause I still have the Early Access code.

Gotta go with who's cheaper.

Khrno

When I played ffxi the only way to level after maybe level 18 or so was to be in a group of 6. Compared to wow where you could solo to the level cap. I really liked having to be in a group because it made you meet people ect.

Both.

You don't need to group up to reach level 50. and if you want to party, then you do it by running dungeons (you can also party to do FATEs or levequests tho, but the best source of party exp is from dungeons).

I want to play during the early access, and this over complicated account system basically prevents me to, unless i preorder a new copy (which i will not be able to register on the same account) just to get a preorder code.

Why not? I registered my PC early access code on my account, well for the pre-order bonuses not really the EA, but it's basically the same, it went through just fine.

Kyoufu

WoW from what I've played although I haven't experienced ARR over level 20 so I don't know if it'll become a party-centric game at higher levels or not.

All I know is that there aren't enough quests to avoid dungeons/FATEs.

Thoraxes

Man, I don't need a CE I won't use cause I got the 1.0 one, but I almost feel like getting this one to vindicate my shitty leather journal from the 1.0 CE >.>

Ugh... sometimes I wonder what shady friends I have, one told me to pre-order at Amazon, snag the early access key and then cancel... I admit I thought for a second about it but it would feel wrong =_=

user1337

Uh oh...

Shouldnt matter as such if we have early access, as early access is valid till the 30th :). So till then we dont need a disc as such.

Edit: Sorry double post...meant to edit my last one -_-

Xavien

I hope you are right.. I hope you are right.. I hope you are right.. I hope you are right.. I hope you are right.. I hope you are right.. I hope you are right.. I hope you are right.. I hope you are right.. I hope you are right.. I hope you are right.. I hope you are right.. I hope you are right.. I hope you are right.. I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT!!

Yeah, there's been several royal mail strikes before, but my posty has always delivered on time.

Best of luck :)

CoLaN

Why not? I registered my PC early access code on my account, well for the pre-order bonuses not really the EA, but it's basically the same, it went through just fine.

The preorder code will work, but not the actual game code since i have a 1.0 account. I dont want to buy a new copy to get the early access as a 1.0 player, they could have managed the whole system better.
I am trying to find a way to get just the early access code, but i cant find any.

desu

So I played the Titan battle at GC. Have to say that it's obviously piss easy for people that have experience with the game (wonder how much harder the normal version is).

As expected playing with randoms that have no/barely clue of what they are doing this fight is a mess. I volunteered for WHM and my group ran straight in at the start without waiting for buffs ... sadly only BLM? players had a keyboard so I couldn't tell people anything at all (they might not have read it anyway). I hadn't tried a controller before but I have to admit that WHM played pretty good with the controller, much better than I anticipated.

People were falling off left and right (healing/buffing was really no issue, the other WHM player that only knew WoW played pretty damn well too) and so we weren't able to make it. Slightly sad but nothing can be done about it.

Personally I think Ifrit is harder, the thing about Titan is really the falling off.

edit:

New 1GB patch is out.

So I played the Titan battle at GC. Have to say that it's obviously piss easy for people that have experience with the game (wonder how much harder the normal version is).

As expected playing with randoms that have no/barely clue of what they are doing this fight is a mess. I volunteered for WHM and my group ran straight in at the start without waiting for buffs ... sadly only BLM? players had a keyboard so I couldn't tell people anything at all (they might not have read it anyway). I hadn't tried a controller before but I have to admit that WHM played pretty good with the controller, much better than I anticipated.

People were falling off left and right (healing/buffing was really no issue, the other WHM player that only knew WoW played pretty damn well too) and so we weren't able to make it. Slightly sad but nothing can be done about it.

Personally I think Ifrit is harder, the thing about Titan is really the falling off.

edit:

New 1GB patch is out.

Thanks for the update. Saved me some time for tomorrow :)

edit:

New 1GB patch is out.

This is why I'm joining a Free Company with people who know what they're doing. I probably won't know what I'll be doing at first as well, but at least I'll communicate.

Khrno

The preorder code will work, but not the actual game code since i have a 1.0 account. I dont want to buy a new copy to get the early access as a 1.0 player, they could have managed the whole system better.
I am trying to find a way to get just the early access code, but i cant find any.

I think you are talking about "1.0 players not getting early access"-system right? Or are you actually talking about the account management system?

If it's the first one, Early Access is meant to be a reward for Legacy players and incentive for pre-ordering ARR. Any/every 1.0 player gets the game for free, so that's basically getting the money they spent 3 years ago back and then auto-purchasing the new version.

For those 1.0 players that paid to play last year but somehow managed to miss the Legacy 3 months cut-off, well I'm sorry about them, but they probably had a little bit of fun, since last year the game had become somewhat playable and *gasp* fun.

If you said that because of the account management system, then let's just hope that with the Mog Station site, they make everything better and more streamlined.

Khrno

[/B]

Actually, for inexperienced players, I think the lack of walls around the arena is a higher difficulty gap to over come, than just taking some aoe damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom