• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meia

Because I haven't posted it yet to this thread, and the game is about to begin for many who didn't bother with the beta, I made characters of a bunch of the Persona 3/4 cast to hold the names for GAF peeps. If you want one, just let me know and I'll poof the character, freeing the name for ya. Understand though I won't be home til a few hours after launch tomorrow unfortunately thanks to graveyard shift. :(

Yukiko Amagi
Rise Kujikawa
Yukari Takeba
Fuuka Yamagishi
Mitsuru Kirijo

If they're not claimed after a week of launch, I'm poofing them regardless.

I'm trying to find an answer to the following questions:

I pre-ordered the PS3 version of FF14.

First my accounts are not linked. https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/info shows my information as not registered while http://na.square-enix.com/us/account/4613662 shows me as registered.

Second, I thought I correctly choose NA when registering my early access code but I just noticed that it is an EU email that i received as my confirmation of my early access code. SQUARE ENIX noreply@xmail.eu.square-enix.com;

Are these things normal in anyway shape or form? Should I worry?

Just to be sure: I'm not worried about getting into early access. I'm worried that I might have registered my early access as EU and wondering why my accounts are not linked.

I think this game could potentially suffer a bit of backlash (particularly on the PS3) where people just see the latest Final Fantasy title and buy it without knowing about the whole MMO/subscription thing.

In store retailers usually confirm this information to the customer before purchase. In my experience at least.

deadeye

Is early access available if you pre ordered from the PSN Store? I was able to install the game, but it's tells me I do not have an active account. I still have not received an email.

Vashetti

Banned
Because I haven't posted it yet to this thread, and the game is about to begin for many who didn't bother with the beta, I made characters of a bunch of the Persona 3/4 cast to hold the names for GAF peeps. If you want one, just let me know and I'll poof the character, freeing the name for ya. Understand though I won't be home til a few hours after launch tomorrow unfortunately thanks to graveyard shift. :(

Yukiko Amagi
Rise Kujikawa
Yukari Takeba
Fuuka Yamagishi
Mitsuru Kirijo

If they're not claimed after a week of launch, I'm poofing them regardless.

3.5 Naming Right. You may not use any name or other intellectual property belonging to SQUARE ENIX or any other third party in your use of the Game (for example, naming a character after a celebrity, company, product, or superhero).

http://support.na.square-enix.com/rule.php?id=5382&la=1&tag=users_en

T.O.P

Banned
16 Hours to go

tumblr_mcippxOuaA1qc3bl3o1_500.gif

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Here's my situation, I'd appreciate some advice.

I'm a legacy member, have the beta 4/final client installed on my PC all good to go. I convinced my wife to join me for launch. I planned to buy a digital copy on launch day for her. Neither of us will have time to play early access this weekend so that's why we're waiting until Tuesday.

Does the current installer need you to log in to download all the current game files or is the login just to be able to actually connect to the live server and play? I'd like to have her PC all set up with game installed early so that when Tuesday night rolls around we can just log on and go instead of waiting for the download.

I guess my question boils down to: can we install the game right now (but not play of course) without having bought it yet? I honestly don't remember from when I set mine up.

Just install the launcher on her PC and stop it when it starts downloading the files. Then transfer whats in your SE folder in Program Files and overwrite her SE folder.

Edit: Actually you don't even have to log into your account on her PC to start the file downloads. Just install the launcher and transfer the files.

If its anything like the PS3 version, i had to log in at the main screen to begin the patch update. After that howevere you dont need to select play game.

Okay thanks. PC and PS3 interfaces are similar enough that it's probably the same process in that way. I guess I will just preorder now and pray that the registration goes through smoothly tonight so I can get to installing.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Here's my situation, I'd appreciate some advice.

I'm a legacy member, have the beta 4/final client installed on my PC all good to go. I convinced my wife to join me for launch. I planned to buy a digital copy on launch day for her. Neither of us will have time to play early access this weekend so that's why we're waiting until Tuesday.

Does the current installer need you to log in to download all the current game files or is the login just to be able to actually connect to the live server and play? I'd like to have her PC all set up with game installed early so that when Tuesday night rolls around we can just log on and go instead of waiting for the download.

I guess my question boils down to: can we install the game right now (but not play of course) without having bought it yet? I honestly don't remember from when I set mine up.
You also can just login to the launcher with your account on her PC if you don't want to xfer data.

Just install the launcher on her PC and stop it when it starts downloading the files. Then transfer whats in your SE folder in Program Files and overwrite her SE folder.

Edit: Actually you don't even have to log into your account on her PC to start the file downloads. Just install the launcher and transfer the files.

So the manual route then. That would probably be faster too. Everything registry-wise would be taken care of by the launcher?

dino1980

I have been waiting since yesterday morning to get a reply from SE, and nothing yet (32h). How long does it take for them to answer?

My problem is that I didnt notice that my USA SE-account was logged in already when I entered my code for my EU PC-version. So I am sitting here and wondering if they can fix it or I have to buy a new copy because of this little accident.

You also can just login to the launcher with your account on her PC if you don't want to xfer data.

That's an idea but based on past history with this game, it would lock me out and make me change my password because I'm not doing it from the same computer as before. That happened a lot when I alternated between desktop and laptop in beta.

EDIT: Actually if that's the worst thing that happens, it's not that big of a deal. Would only happen one time.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
So the manual route then. That would probably be faster too. Everything registry-wise would be taken care of by the launcher?

Honestly, I just transfer over the SE folder myself from my laptop to desktop and make a shortcut of ffxivboot.exe on the desktop and it works fine like that.

My friend's code still doesn't work. He got the physical CE from SE's site and the code not only still doesn't work, he still has nothing in his registered games and SE hasn't gotten back to him.

I have been waiting since yesterday morning to get a reply from SE, and nothing yet (32h). How long does it take for them to answer?

My problem is that I didnt notice that my USA SE-account was logged in already when I entered my code for my EU PC-version. So I am sitting here and wondering if they can fix it or I have to buy a new copy because of this little accident.

Did you try this from S-E?
If you accidentally registered your FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN Early Access Code to the incorrect Service Account or Square Enix ID, we will be able to offer a one-time assistance after you verify your account.

Please take the following steps to contact the SQUARE ENIX Support Center and receive assistance.

(1) Click “Additional Assistance” at the bottom of this article.
(2) Enter “Early Access Code Incorrect Registration Support Form” in the “Contact Details” field and click “Next.”
(3) Click “Next” again in the subsequent screen.
(4) Click on “Square Enix Account Login” and log in to the Square Enix account that you accidentally registered the Early Access Code to.
(5) Click on “Proceed to Email Support.”
(6) Enter your contact details. Please be sure to include your registration code and the Square Enix ID you meant to register the code to within the “Detailed Condition” field. Once you have entered all the necessary information, click “Next.”
(7) Verify the contact details and then click “Submit.”

http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5382&la=1&kid=68218&ret=main

Croyles

Ok so I thought I ordered the PC version of FFXIV on Amazon.de too late to get a pre-order code, but turns out I just got one in an email, but the format is all weird.

The format is:
xxxxxx-xxx-xxxxxx-xxx

Is it for early access or something else? Because the pre-order site for eu has the usual xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx format.

Khrno

I think this game could potentially suffer a bit of backlash (particularly on the PS3) where people just see the latest Final Fantasy title and buy it without knowing about the whole MMO/subscription thing.

The Online seems quite clear to me, and in the back it should say that you need an internet connection, etc.

aett

I used an Xbox 360 controller on my PC to play the betas and it was really nice, especially because I could lean back and relax. I'd like to even connect my PC to my HDTV so I could play on the couch, so I figured that I should buy the 360 controller chatpad so I can still type when necessary.

However, Microsoft's site says that the chatpad doesn't work when the controller is connected to a PC. Anyone know of a workaround?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Retainer customization may allow you to use character data made from the character creator right? How many retainers do we acquire in the game? Need to know so I can create my army of business savvy Lalafells.

Caelestis

This has been probably asked a million times, but where do I look for the list of options on my SE account? Can't seem to find it anymore. -.-

Khrno

This has been probably asked a million times, but where do I look for the list of options on my SE account? Can't seem to find it anymore. -.-

Nowhere, the current site/system is about to die, we are waiting for the new Mog Station site for all the registering, subscribing, etc.

Khrno

Dang, that orange box is gross. The Australian version (only the Aussie version?) is getting a blue version that's way nicer.

Final-Fantasy-XIV-A-Realm-Reborn-ANZ-Edition-PS3-15111930-7.jpeg

Plus it comes with the Warrior of Light Helmet!

Oh, so it's not only a Benelux LE, but also one for Australia and New Zealand.

I get this when I try to boot the p3 launcher

Well I'm definitely using the phase 4 launcher because that's the only thing I've had installed for a while now, lol. I played the open beta last weekend, so my launcher obviously worked then. :( I just dunno... I'm just sick of all these errors/bugs. I know it is a MMO launch and things happen, but it just feels like XIV has had a lot more problems/bugs than usual, lol.

Kenai

Ok so I thought I ordered the PC version of FFXIV on Amazon.de too late to get a pre-order code, but turns out I just got one in an email, but the format is all weird.

The format is:
xxxxxx-xxx-xxxxxx-xxx

Is it for early access or something else? Because the pre-order site for eu has the usual xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx format.

I had that problem too. The code that you have there should definitely be for your items. You should get a prompt that asks if you have an account, then log in on it there. Then you might have to go to that same page again, but after clicking "redeem code" here: http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/us

it should prompt you to go here: https://membership.square-enix.com/sqex/login

and set everything up for you basically after you log in again. I'm not sure if it'd work if you bypass the preorder website so I wouldn't go there to start, just let the site take you.

I got the pre-order code. All is well. My question:

I was in PS3 Beta 3 and 4. I still have the beta 4 download & client on my PS3. Do I have to delete that and re-download again w/ the pre-order code, or will the new downloader patch beta 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom