• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the pre-order code. All is well. My question:

I was in PS3 Beta 3 and 4. I still have the beta 4 download & client on my PS3. Do I have to delete that and re-download again w/ the pre-order code, or will the new downloader patch beta 4?

This got lost at the bottom of the last page. Anybody know?

koji kabuto

16 Hours to go

tumblr_mcippxOuaA1qc3bl3o1_500.gif

nope, still 17:35 to go :(

http://arrstatus.com/

Khrno

My launches decided that 7 GB was the size of the game...
I thought this thing was over 20 GB?

No, they just recommended that amount of free space, you they have unpack files and install them, so that requires extra space, also thinking on future updates and expansions.

And on PS3 you always need twice the amount of free space, of the download size.

Isaccard

Hey guys; anyone have any experience with this headset: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001PTH0VW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Right now I have a crappy like 15 dollar 1 earbud mic that I use and would like something more comfortable. I'm not looking to drop 100-150 on a headset when I generally don't game on PC (only MMOs).

Appreciate any feedback =D

Get this instead, razor is garbage.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Q8IHDQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Or a pair of Astro A40's for $150.

Timeaisis

No, they just recommended that amount of free space, you they have unpack files and install them, so that requires extra space, also thinking on future updates and expansions.

And on PS3 you always need twice the amount of free space, of the download size.

Ah, OK. Just wanted to confirm I wouldn't have some extra downloading to do on Saturday.

Y'know, if I didn't have Dragon's Crown and SMTIV to keep me occupied, this wait would be pretty unbearable. 2013 has been a great year for RPGs, and video games in general really... and the year isn't even over yet with next gen just around the corner.

Anteater

So is there a way/site to check your account status, like the game you have registered to it and whether you have early access or not? The old site where you add crysta, etc, doesn't really have much information other than saying I have FFXIV registered back in June >.>

Omnicent

So is there a way/site to check your account status, like the game you have registered to it and whether you have early access or not? The old site where you add crysta, etc, doesn't really have much information other than saying I have FFXIV registered back in June >.>

if you are on PC just log in. It will either tell you that you need to register for EA or you need to wait for EA to play (It's the same screen where the "play" button would appear). If you get the second then you are fine. You can search this thread for images.

Bought a rock candy 360 controller for my pc in anticipation for this. Gonna break it in tonight with some New Vegas and Witcher 3. Excite!

kirby2096

The 20GB minimum space required meant I couldn't put it on my 60GB SSD, since my Windows 7 install takes up 35GB+ on it's own (should really reinstall it but I'm too lazy to).
At least ARR doesn't need to be on a SSD to run smoothly in crowded areas like 1.x did.

Anteater

if you are on PC just log in. It will either tell you that you need to register for EA or you need to wait for EA to play (It's the same screen where the "play" button would appear). If you get the second then you are fine. You can search this thread for images.

ahh ok, I'm good to go I think! Thanks!

Please wait until the start of the early access period or official launch to access the game.

daveo42

Banned
Hey guys; anyone have any experience with this headset: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001PTH0VW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Right now I have a crappy like 15 dollar 1 earbud mic that I use and would like something more comfortable. I'm not looking to drop 100-150 on a headset when I generally don't game on PC (only MMOs).

I'll probably end up either using my Pulse Elite headset or the Turtle Beach ones I own for the game. Both have mics and both are quite comfortable for extending play sessions.

Timeaisis

Yeah, if you open the launcher you should see:

AoRN2FT.jpg

This is for PC, anyway. If you don't see that, it means you haven't registered your code yet.

Jinko

Anybody else getting this?

SWnJmu7.png

I can't update now . It seems like everything with this game is coming with a problem of some sort for me ><

Oh I restarted twice now and keep getting same issue ><

Also seems like someone made a thread about it on the tech support forums.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/64704-Unable-to-update-patch.-11006-20641-20643

Goto Documents/ my games/FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn/downloads/patch, go inside both folders and delete any files in there, restart client and you should be ok.

I already have a rather nice pair of headphones but no standalone mic so I was just looking to get a relatively good gaming headset. I like the feel of the an all inclusive package and hate having multiple things to accomplish something 1 headset can do. I'm weird I guess lol.

I'll probably end up either using my Pulse Elite headset or the Turtle Beach ones I own for the game. Both have mics and both are quite comfortable for extending play sessions.

Yeah I don't own the Pulse Elite or any gaming headsets for my PS3/360. I have the original 1-ear bluetooth for PS3 that came with Socom Confrontation and then the wired mic for 360.

Definitely going to check out those SteelSeries Siberia ones over my lunch break. 65 dollars isn't too much for something I will only use on MMOs basically lol.

Mature

So why is everyone so pumped about this? Is it just a really good theme park MMO?
Phase 4 of the beta was a lot of fun. The game has an overwhelming amount of potential, and the staff behind the game have shown themselves to be very competent. There's a lot to be excited about.

omlet

I already have a rather nice pair of headphones but no standalone mic so I was just looking to get a relatively good gaming headset. I like the feel of the an all inclusive package and hate having multiple things to accomplish something 1 headset can do. I'm weird I guess lol.

Am I the only one who wears my headset down around my neck 90% of the time (so mic is still near my mouth) with speakers on? I can't stand wearing headsets for long periods of time no matter how not-painful they are.

Hagi

This is a weird question but is the account you use for ARR tied to your normal EU Square Enix account? They both use different usernames, i just don't want to fuck up when i enter my early access code.

C.Dark.DN

Banned

I'd go with this SteelSeries headset as a good bang for the buck:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Q8IHDQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20
I have it and love it.

There are twitch streamers like Kungen who are sponsered by the comoany as well and use the headset. He used it before getting sponsored.

The last Razer headset I tried had weird static.

Am I the only one who wears my headset down around my neck 90% of the time (so mic is still near my mouth) with speakers on? I can't stand wearing headsets for long periods of time no matter how not-painful they are.

I do b/c I think I've destroyed my hearing enough wearing it the other way.

ACE 1991

That's a bizarre question to ask, why is anyone pumped for any game ?

I mean it doesn't seem like there is a whole lot that's different about this game from your run of the mill WoW-likes, which is I'm curious as to why there is so much excitement surrounding this title.

Timeaisis

I see lots of people going for gamepad on PC. Is it really that much better? Or is it just a matter of preference. I just can't imagine playing an MMO without mouse/keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom