• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenai

I probably shouldn't go here when the game hasn't even launched yet, but I feel like an important aspect that SE should consider in the future for additional popularity is to bring back an "updated" version of that Companion quest from FFXI. People would come flocking just like before
and I just might be among those standing in line to start the quest again

Okay, so.. after finding out that others could connect to SE's servers and download that installer, I figured it was something network related messing with my connection to SE/launcher problems. I went to another one of my computers on my network, and noticed it had an error on the screen about having a conflicting IP address with my main computer, so I just completely reset the modem. That seemed to fix the problem, and I'm currently patching now. *whew*

Uthred

I'm not that ambitious, although it would be nice to be able to preview Odin's armor from the Mor Dhona shop for example.

You can get Odin's armour in game? Cool, is it purchased with Gil or Tokens and is there any screenshots of it floating around?

who NEEDS an early access code? I have an extra to give to someone who will use it.

make me laugh, you get it

A pirate walks into a bar with a ship wheel in his pants. The bartender says, " Sir, did you know you have a ship wheel in your pants?" To which he replies, " Arrrrhh, it's drivin' me nuts."

zychi

Banned
My 20 digit code for EA doesn't work on the site. Is this a SE issue for everyone? Or am I boned?

EDIT: NVM after the third try it went through

Khrno

You can get Odin's armour in game? Cool, is it purchased with Gil or Tokens and is there any screenshots of it floating around?

With Tokens.

L7K99EI.jpg

WqdXgog.jpg

Top 4 are Odin's stuff, next 6 are Behemoth's. The Odin armor is PLD/WAR. The Heavy Behe Helm is PLD/WAR, the Helm is DRG, the Mask is for Disciples of War. Weapons are obviously for PLD and DRG.

Kyari

Are US people really going to be staying up late/getting up early for this? The game is still going to be there in the morning... It probably won't be up/stable at launch even. Legitimately probably better off waiting.

So much Nostalgia abuse in those bosses in the artbook/game :) cantwait.gif

Are US people really going to be staying up late/getting up early for this? The game is still going to be there in the morning... It probably won't be up/stable at launch even. Legitimately probably better off waiting.

Hell yeah, getting up around 4Am EST, did this for Phase 4 with no problems

Yeah,
I thought I saw Fenrir as well. Or it was very similar, anyways. I hope it makes a return as a primal!

Enemy spoilers:
Weird that he isn't in the primal section of the artbook though, if that is indeed him. Maybe not.

Pft, I see what you're trying to do.

it's about 4am by the time it starts here. i'll just go to sleep and miss 4 hours.

Meia

Welcome to the world of midnight launches and MMOs. It was not unusual for my old guild to all buy it, immediately play it at Midnight, and play well into the next day/day after.

You know you're with awesome people when you look and see like 50 people online at 4am. :p

For me, I work from 11pm to 730am now, so yeah, I'll play it when I get home as I literally get up for work at 9pm in terms of my schedule. :)

Allard

Here is the Artbook, Spoilers of course:

http://imgur.com/a/LDSL7

Pleasantly surprised to see concept work for Ala Mihgo and the inside of Ishgard, hope that means at minimum Ishgard won't end up expansion pack content but still downloadable content sometime after launch. Yoshida did say Ishgard would likely come before the first expansion at E3 (I think that was the live letter he mentioned it) but it wouldn't come for several large scale updates due to the need to build up the reveal in game. But then again Ishgard has been this games "Chasing the Dragon's tail" for so long I don't know what to believe. Either way the city just from concept work alone remains something I long to enter ever since I saw the speed hack from 1.0 to the gates. The place just seemed gigantic and unique for an MMO city even with the low res textures you had to work with since the higher ones and the city itself was never in the game, just the outside texture.

GMG finally answered me:

Hi WeaponKnight,

I can finally confirm that you will receive NA keys.
Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
Nadia.

I want to trust them, but I don't know...
Well, only thing I can do is wait and see.

Korezo

Did SE change the requirements in obtaining raid weapons like for moogle,ifrit,garuda,titan? Can the weapons still drop in the chest or is it only with tokens and are tokens 100% drops now? I forgot how many tokens you needed in 1.0 for a weapon. I think it was 20 or 50 tokens.

Khrno

Did SE change the requirements in obtaining raid weapons like for moogle,ifrit,garuda,titan? Can the weapons still drop in the chest or is it only with tokens and are tokens 100% drops now? I forgot how many tokens you needed in 1.0 for a weapon. I think it was 20 or 50 tokens.

We don't know.

I already wake up at 3:30-4:00 am every morning anyway due to my work schedule Monday-Friday. I still wake up at that time on the weekends so you know it!

Enemy spoilers:
Weird that he isn't in the primal section of the artbook though, if that is indeed him. Maybe not.

Yeah, true.. Hmm.. My friend
lovvvvvvved summoning Fenrir in FFXI - it was his favorite summon. He might be disappointed if Fenrir is just a regular boss/enemy, lol.

But
that's Cerberus, he has 3 heads, or not?

Nah, we're talking about on page 55, at the bottom.

I won't. I'm sure t he first few hours will be a cluster. Not worth it. I'll wake up around 9am EST and try it then. I have to go out in the afternoon but then Sat night / all day Sunday will be for the game.

Negator

If anything, it's a better idea to wake up early and get on, because the servers are going to be less congested because everyone is sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom