• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, true.. Hmm.. My friend
lovvvvvvved summoning Fenrir in FFXI - it was his favorite summon. He might be disappointed if Fenrir is just a regular boss/enemy, lol.

Nah, we're talking about on page 55, at the bottom.

I'm sure if he's a boss/enemy at the start that EVENTUALLY you'll get to summon him.

Early Access starts in:

http://www.pending.me.uk/cd/bla_1377334800.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Before someone asks. Yes, this should be the top post of every page.

Croyles

I mean it doesn't seem like there is a whole lot that's different about this game from your run of the mill WoW-likes, which is I'm curious as to why there is so much excitement surrounding this title.

Well, FFXI is older than WoW. So maybe calling it a FFXI-like is more appropriate.

I'm contemplating picking this up. I got into the beta, but only played for literally 30 minutes. I was really put off by extreme levels of jankyness.

For MMO vets, especially ex-WoW players, how do you feel about the game, and what can you recommend any resources to help me decide whether to pick this up or not?

Esura

Banned
I finally redeemed my early access code. Cannot wait to get my CE.

Anyone else playing Conjurer/White Mage with a controller?

Valnen

Early Access starts in:

bla_1377334800.png

http://xivstatus.com/ :D

Jinko

Did SE change the requirements in obtaining raid weapons like for moogle,ifrit,garuda,titan? Can the weapons still drop in the chest or is it only with tokens and are tokens 100% drops now? I forgot how many tokens you needed in 1.0 for a weapon. I think it was 20 or 50 tokens.

Didn't see any primal weapons at Rowena's shop in phase 4, I would be willing to guess they will drop from primals but will be need before greed, worth noting you can't need on an item not specific to your class/job now either.

So it should be much better overall and a damn sight more fair.

Are US people really going to be staying up late/getting up early for this? The game is still going to be there in the morning... It probably won't be up/stable at launch even. Legitimately probably better off waiting.
I wake up every morning at 6:30 on weekdays, and the game starts 6:00 here, so it won't make much of a difference.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I got my schedule adjusted for work on Saturday (for reasons other than this game). Now I can play even longer starting tonight! Super Zombie Mode!

Edit: Shiva artwork! Yay! first time seeing that!

I picked this game up yesterday after playing in the open beta.

I wasn't on Ultros though, so I'll redo my character. I don't plan on pushing hard for the level cap so the restart won't bother me so much.

Are there any websites with pictures of the races in AF gear?

Croyles

FFXI and WoW aren't really all that similar, though. ARR borrows lot from XI thematically, but many of its systems and features were introduced first in WoW.

Sure, but most of those systems weren't in WoW until a lot later, and many of them drew inspiration from all the other less successful MMO's out at the time.

Qvoth

so guys, that 1gb+ update only works if you're on early access?
i'm not, and when i tried to update my client i get something about going through mogstation 1st

I miss the days of being in college and being able to skip classes, have nothing else going on and playing MMOs/games at launch for days and days. Now I have this "real world" job....pft

Kenai

FFXI and WoW aren't really all that similar, though. ARR borrows lot from XI thematically, but many of its systems and features were introduced first in WoW.

I think it's a happy medium between the two with some of it's own perks. FFXI's fantastic class switching (with hopefully better endgame balance for them) while having more active combat and some easier questing/crafting a la WoW. If they can exceed FFXI's storytelling for your character and/or make a more memorable cast of NPCs than WoW did, I'll be pretty dang happy. Making it a worldwide launch is already solving some of my worries about the economy, at least.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I think I'll change my guildleve strategy. I'll save them for the crafting classes instead of my gathering ones. Mainly, I want to collect the mats while I gather/xp and not just xp. By using them for my crafting classes, I can get big, easy chunks of XP to supplement things.

Khrno

From the achievements:

Mapping the Realm: The Binding Coil of Bahamut I to VI

So 6 floors of LoB? Or a huge dungeon area which 6 different sections, which are so big that actually grant an achievement for discovering every location?

Noaloha

What was the /-command in FFXI that let you inspect the gear of another player, the one which had a bunch of strange JP-origin etiquette around it (I believe the JP translation of the action was something like "<Playername> stares at you and your belongings intently." or somesuch)?

And further to that, is this function also in FF14? Can players inspect me to see my sweet HQ rings (once I can be arsed to craft them)?

And if so, has an etiquette formed around the usage of it, similar to FFXI?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Legacy GAF how does AF work?

I mean I'm a THM will most likely be moving towards BLM

Does THM and BLM share gear for AF or do both have different gears for AF?

I can't use THM AF gear with BLM and vice versa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom