• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So I guess no new surprise mounts :(

4neUno1.png
I can't get a Goobbue mount as a new player right? :(

So classes don't get those armors they are wearing, only classes?

*Jobs :)

And yeah, basically AF armor is job specific. Here, take MNK AF body for example, in this link you can see only MNK can wear it. If you were to take your MNK crystal off at any time, you would also be stripped of this body piece (and anything else that says MNK only)

Temple Cyclas

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I believe thats Vanya's. A set any DPS caster can wear, not specific to THM.

So classes have basic last gear that's shareable and AF is only Jobs oriented

AF = Quest or Dungeon to get for specific jobs?

How many sets can a person carry or should carry

Say I want to be BLM + DRG + MRD, 3-5 sets or more?
Do I carry sets for just the jobs or do I carry sets for classes too...

Sorry for asking to many questions, just preparing myself

Any word yet on how you get a Magitek mount? I realllly want one of those, lol.

Does it have any real bearing on which one you choose?

I'll just join the one in Gridania if not.

It really doesn't matter. Just choose which city/leaders you like. The gear isn't really all that relevant and each city has the same amount of pieces, just swapped. Like if Uldah has a mage/healing body piece, Grid will have the hands, and Limsa the legs. Or something like that.

Noaloha

I think the Gridania housing area will be really pretty.

EDIT: Has 'Developper' in the OP, right at the top in the main banner, been spotted yet?

BLCKATK

How AF works is it is gear that you recieve while doing your Job quests. It's entry level endgame gear that focuses on the best parts of your class.

So you want be a DRG? Bring the gear for Dragoon. If you are playing in a party you will be on DRG. Only bring the gear for a class if you are soloing and you really want your cross class abilities. Otherwise, it really doesnt matter.

Khrno

So level 50 equipment tiers:

1. iLevel 90 = Allagan/AF+1: pretty much same base stats with different extra stats, i.e: Allagan with Skill Speed, DRG AF+1 with Critical Hit.

2. iLevel 70 = Darklight/Crafted HQ greens with Materia.

3. iLevel 60 = Lv50 dungeon greens.

4. iLevel 55 = Grand Company iLevel 55 gear from seals/iLevel55 crafted greens with Materia.

5. iLevel 50-55 = AF/some other greens.

No one knows the exact ways to get the new AF yet. During 1.x, AF required a mix of questing/dungeon runs though, so maybe it'll be the same. You should carry a set (AF) for all your jobs until you get proper upgrades.

As of now, there's no reason to carry sets just for classes. Back in 1.x THM had it's uses over BLM but I honestly don't see that happening anymore.

Also, I know how confusing all the class/job talk is. For anyone confused in the terms/definition of a class/job in this game take a second look @ the OP.

I forget where I heard it, but... I read/heard that regular AF gear is now soloable via your job quests. In 1.0, you had to get a group for some of the pieces, but I think they have changed it to completely soloable. Not confirmed yet though.

BLCKATK

I forget where I heard it, but... I read/heard that regular AF gear is now soloable via your job quests. In 1.0, you had to get a group for some of the pieces, but I think they have changed it to completely soloable. Not confirmed yet though.

Yeah Yoshi-P said that in a live letter. Job quests are going to be soloable now. I'm assuming that includes AF.

BLCKATK

Second time I read that, what do you mean by 300 tokens per week ?

On the currency tab of the Character sheet, it has a category for the tomes required for AF+1, and how many you can hold. Next to that it says "This Week" and then "0/300", implying you can only recieve 300 a week.

Eusis

I had no hype for 1.0 because I played Alpha/Beta and it was a horrible experience. :(
Yeah, early impressions were rotten and it wasn't hitting PS3 immediately. This sounded much better and by all accounts IS much better, so more hype is understandable.

Kyoufu

On the currency tab of the Character sheet, it has a category for the tomes required for AF+1, and how many you can hold. Next to that it says "This Week" and then "0/300", implying you can only recieve 300 a week.

How do we acquire said tomes?

Khrno

Level 50 weapons tiers:

1. iLevel 90 = Relic+1/Allagan, they just seem to be on par with each other.

2. iLevel 80 = Relic

3. iLevel 70 = Garuda, seems better than the other Primal weapons thanks to sharing all the same stats but with higher dps.

4. iLevel 70 = Titan/Moogle

5. iLevel 70 = Crafted greens with Materia.

6. iLevel 70 = Old Skirmish (now crafted?) greens with Materia.

7. iLevel 60 = Ifrit

8. iLevel 55 = Darklight greens/Grand Company weapons from seals.

9. iLevel 50-55 = Some other greens/Thundercloud (Behemoth's weapon)/Zantetsuken (Odin's sword)

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Ultros FC officers, I can donate money to whoever needs it if it will help start the FC up quicker. I've gotten a good bit by leveling up damn near everything so far.

Anteater

Early access starts at 5pm for me, just 3hrs after I get home, will take a nap and play the entire night and morning.

sogood.gif

Yusaku

I bought an EA code from ebay for $7 because SE gave me an EU code and I don't have any faith that they'll fix it by tonight, and I can't be arsed to call them and wait on hold for 3 hours.

Torquill

I'm guessing the start will be a cluster. So I'm sleeping until 9 and trying then.

edit: For Sarg, do we have enough room in the linkshell/free company? I never got in due to not being able to play beta 4.
Given how early its coming up, later in the morning is likely to be the biggest cluster. I'll be up an hour after it goes up, but its not uncommon for me to be up that early anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom