• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khrno

Early Access starts in:

bla_1377334800.png

RSLAEV

I'm a 1.0 owner (not legacy) but I skipped the last phase of the beta. Do I have to wait until the official release date to download the client?

omlet

How long will it take to setup the FC? There's no barriers to it is there?

You have to join a Grand Company first, then pay money and get 3 more signatures, and maybe even be a certain level (not sure on this one). So yes there are a few barriers.

Croyles

Any site that gives an explanation for all the different MMO and FFXIV related acronyms? I'm rusty and also have no idea what things like AF mean other than being armour.

Ultros FC officers, I can donate money to whoever needs it if it will help start the FC up quicker. I've gotten a good bit by leveling up damn near everything so far.

This was from Robot when I asked him in the Guild website:
Maple Cookie said:
Xarielle, Strawberry, Safflower and I have a leveling strategy of sorts to hit 25 ASAP but Capell will probably beat all of us and the majority of the people on the server, so it should happen pretty quickly.

And I guess you only need one of the officers to hit 25

so ive noticed in some dungeons the disciples of war gear that as a LNC i always like. so im wondering, if anyone knows, if im in a dungeon as a DRG is there any DRG specific gear to get?

BTW, this was pointed out to me on the XIV forums, and I didn't notice until now. Some people were having a problem telling buffs/debuffs apart when you needed to cure a status ailment as a healer, and if you look closely...

Buff:
k3m0YO1.jpg

Debuff:
2iVkGzN.jpg

The arrow on the top part of the buff/Protect spell is pointing up. And the debuffs pointing down. I also think debuffs on party members appear on the left side in front of the buffs on the party list.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
This was from Robot when I asked him in the Guild website:

And I guess you only need one of the officers to hit 25

Aha. Well, my offer always stands. If I can ever do anything to help and have the classes to help, just ask.

I have a feeling I'm going to turn into such a craft whore.

Ricck

Anyone else received this? I had registered a NA code before received this, I even get the good screen with the launcher & updated it.

Greetings,

Yesterday we launched the FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A Realm Reborn™ pre-order redemption website that will allow users to receive their pre-order bonuses including Early Access to the game prior to launch. Unfortunately, we were able to confirm an issue that led to customers receiving an incorrect Early Access code for their territory.

We have confirmed that the Early Access code you received when redeeming your pre-order code from the website is a European code, when it should be a North American code.

We have successfully addressed the issue and have reset your pre-order code so that it may be entered into the website again.

Please visit the pre-order redemption site and re-enter your existing pre-order code which will now give you the correct code for Early Access and your other pre-order bonuses!

Visit the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Pre-Order Redemption website.

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused and look forward to seeing you in Eorzea.

- The Square Enix Customer Service Team

BTW, this was pointed out to me on the XIV forums, and I didn't notice until now. Some people were having a problem telling buffs/debuffs apart when you needed to cure a status ailment as a healer, and if you look closely...

Buff:
k3m0YO1.jpg

Debuff:
2iVkGzN.jpg

The arrow on the top part of the buff/Protect spell is pointing up. And the debuffs pointing down. I also think debuffs on party members appear on the left side in front of the buffs on the party list.
Now they only need to find a way for us to distinguish which status is mine when the mobs have like 10 status effects by different players

Now they only need to find a way for us to distinguish which status is mine when the mobs have like 10 status effects by different players

I'm hoping SE takes note of my thread on the XIV forums - it's gotten a bit of support by the playerbase so far. That green text just isn't enough, lol. It would help just moving all your debuffs to the left/front.

desu

Personally the green text works for me, but it would be awesome if you could set a custom coller or something. I do understand that people would want something that is even more visible than right now.

Soroc

Was this discussed?

Saw this over on Reddit, I gues YoshiP interview from Gamescom

'Personally, I believe less than 100 people will clear Bahamut's Coil before 2.1' - YoshiP

Man I really hope thats true!

Khrno

For some reason ShopTo sent me another Early Access code, if anyone wants an EU Early Access code, quote this post.

kaiju

15 hours for amazon to finally give me my code...

At least you got yours, still waiting for mine from GS, who have the audacity to tell me this:

If you do not receive your pre order bonus codes within 48 hours AFTER your order has shipped, please let us know as soon as possible so we can issue you a new set of codes.

Never ordering online from GS again.

so i just launched the launcher on my ps3 and got to the 'select a service account' screen after selecting pre-order code option, when it asked me what i wanted to register to my account. now its asking what service account i want to add this to and the only option up is what says 'FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Beta Test Playstation3.' it also gives me the option to create a new service account. am i just supposed to register it to whats already there?

so i just launched the launcher on my ps3 and got to the 'select a service account' screen after selecting pre-order code option, when it asked me what i wanted to register to my account. now its asking what service account i want to add this to and the only option up is what says 'FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Beta Test Playstation3.' it also gives me the option to create a new service account. am i just supposed to register it to whats already there?

Use the beta test or it'll wipe your char data

phierce

Yes, you want to use your current account. Well, unless you to make a new account?

Zios

Banned
Holy shit im annoyed. Ask friends who i have been playing MMO's with for over 7 years if they will play FFXIV...I get wish washy answers, while they still play WoW... They know i played phase 4 and already started a character on Ultros. Today they said they will play FFXIV but on Gilgamesh with previous ffxi friends..... I'm mad.

MKAllDay

I am a little confused at how we sign up for the GAF FC in this. I went to the guildwork website for Ultros and submitted an application. Is that all I need to do? Should I still message one of the leaders in game once it starts?

phierce

Holy shit im annoyed. Ask friends who i have been playing MMO's with for over 7 years if they will play FFXIV...I get wish washy answers, while they still play WoW... They know i played phase 4 and already started a character on Ultros. Today they said they will play FFXIV but on Gilgamesh with previous ffxi friends..... I'm mad.

That's not cool. Stay on Ultros and make new friends who want to play with you.

omlet

Silly question: How do I link directly to my lodestone profile...?

If you are new I don't think you can yet since the new lodestone is going up at launch. If you had a 1.x character you're going to keep playing you can look your profile up here: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/search/characterForm and the profile link will have your character ID at the end--for example, my 1.x profile http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/top?cicuid=12366535 If you are referring to the Red Dot app and are new, don't worry about it, just put your name there.

Yes. If you haven't done so, drop us an app on the site, if you could (invite not dependent on app, but if you don't submit one you might as well not exist as far as I'm concerned for administrative purposes :p). http://reddot.guildwork.com/recruitment

Well I would certainly want to exist, administratively speaking! I was just going to ask around in the linkshells during early access, but I've sent an application in just to be sure!

Anyone able to comment on the controls of the game. How smooth and responsive is combat?

How does navigating (walking / jumping) feel? I've noticed that most MMO's are pretty rough and have a strange feel in that regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom