• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, they talk about the voice overs in that interview also.

Yoshida's translator: "Even in Japan the players aren't quite satisfied with the JP voice overs, and we're hearing the same thing from English, German and French players as well. So the JP players are thinking "Maybe we should just listen to the English voices" just like the English players are using JP voices."

Hilarious.

Also, we should "expect PC quality on the PS4 version."

Sioen

Okay I got the code (thank god) and now I'm downloading it on my ps3. But I really don't understand the squeenix account system.. Where can I see that It's actually on my account?

Goli

So, do we know if the PS3 version'll have trophies or not? I thought they'd already have popped up somewhere by now.

SleazyC

I am a little confused at how we sign up for the GAF FC in this. I went to the guildwork website for Ultros and submitted an application. Is that all I need to do? Should I still message one of the leaders in game once it starts?
Probably will still need to message one of the officers whenever the FC is made. I don't think that the officers want to run through that large of a list inviting people by hand.

Valnen

Really hoping they allow free server transfers sometime soon after launch like Guild Wars 2 did, I have a friend that no longer wants to play because all her friends are scattered about on different servers now thanks to the phase 4 madness of them locking down certain servers for character creation. And you can't just ask them to reroll when they've already put in time investment during phase 4.

Animekatt

So looking at the Xivdb.com site, the three DoL/H classes I have leveled (MIN, LTW, BSM) have AF that can be made by my LTW. And I believe I have most of the mats to make them with too. Happy day. :D

Paprikka

I am a little confused at how we sign up for the GAF FC in this. I went to the guildwork website for Ultros and submitted an application. Is that all I need to do? Should I still message one of the leaders in game once it starts?

For now, since you need to be 25 before you can even create a FC. If you're not in the LS though you can whisper a leader in game to get an invite to that once early access starts. Once the FC is made we'll probably start inviting the online LS members first.

If you are new I don't think you can yet since the new lodestone is going up at launch. If you had a 1.x character you're going to keep playing you can look your profile up here: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/search/characterForm and the profile link will have your character ID at the end--for example, my 1.x profile http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/top?cicuid=12366535 If you are referring to the Red Dot app and are new, don't worry about it, just put your name there.

Ah, there we go. Sent :) I've ben around since 1.0, I don't recognize your name o_o

Anyone able to comment on the controls of the game. How smooth and responsive is combat?

How does navigating (walking / jumping) feel? I've noticed that most MMO's are pretty rough and have a strange feel in that regards.

Speaking for a strictly mouse+keyboard player, it's very responsive. Jumping, clicking, keybinds are all as fluid as you'd expect them to be. The game's global cooldown(period if time you have to wait between actions) is a little lengthier than i'm used to coming from wow, but supposedly gear's going to help with that a great deal as you level up.

I just think they should have tried to fit in Crystal Tower at launch, but I know stuff comes up and all that. Can't be helped. xD

---

lol, in that interview linked on the previous page - Yoshi-P calling Wada out for releasing XIV 1.0 in the state it was in.

omlet

Ah, there we go. Sent :) I've ben around since 1.0, I don't recognize your name o_o

I played original beta and ran screaming and watched heartbroken as people lined up to buy the original release, my cries of warning unable to be transmitted through my computer monitor to their ears. Started actually playing in October 2011 after deciding they had patched/fixed enough things to try it again and I stuck around until the end of the world.

Khrno

If that's the direction they are going with for "hard"/"challenging" content, count me out. :p I want a challenge, not being damn near impossible. xD

The reason he is saying that is due to the Crystal Tower missing launch.

CT was supposed to go before the LoB, so we'll be missing all the items from there, which going by the tiers I posted before are iLevel 80s

Weapons

1. iLevel 90 = Relic+1/Allagan, they just seem to be on par with each other.
  2. iLevel 80 = Relic/Missing Crystal Tower weapons
  3. iLevel 70 = Garuda, seems better than the other Primal weapons thanks to sharing all the same stats but with higher dps.
  4. iLevel 70 = Titan/Moogle
  5. iLevel 70 = Crafted greens with Materia.
  6. iLevel 70 = Old Skirmish maybe now crafted greens with Materia.
  7. iLevel 60 = Ifrit
  8. iLevel 55 = Darklight greens/Grand Company weapons from seals.
  9. iLevel 50-55 = Some other greens/Thundercloud (Behemoth's spear)/Zantetsuken(Odin's sword)

Armours

1. iLevel 90 =Allagan/AF+1: pretty much same base stats with different extra stats, i.e: Allagan with Skill Speed, DRG AF+1 with Critical Hit.
  2. iLevel 80 = Missing Crystal Tower armour
  3. iLevel 70 = Darklight/Crafted HQ greens: DL has maybe 1 or 2 points more in a few pieces, but crafted HQ gear can be melded with Materia.
  4. iLevel 60 = Lv50 dungeon greens.
  5. iLevel 50-55 = Grand Company gear from seals/crafted greens with Materia/AF
  6. iLevel 50 = Herklaedi (Odin's armor)

supergiz

If Jinko's tip doesn't help solve it for you, also try to set the Compatiblility of the launcher to Windows Vista SP2.

No idea know why, but if I don't have this set when I need to patch the launcher more than once, the patcher program always locks up as it can't override the previous process and install the next patch.

that doesn't work either. i am getting really nervous now :(

Reveirg

So, do we know if the PS3 version'll have trophies or not? I thought they'd already have popped up somewhere by now.

We know there's going to be trophies:

YOSHIDA: Of course there will be a trophy for the PS3 version as well, but in the game itself there’s a lot of achievement, you are going to work for. And of course there will be different requirements and depending on the achievements, you can get some rewards. There will be the PS3 Trophy itself, but there’ll be more in game achievements.

But no idea when they'll pop up, or how our Phase 4 progress will factor in.

Anyone able to comment on the controls of the game. How smooth and responsive is combat?

How does navigating (walking / jumping) feel? I've noticed that most MMO's are pretty rough and have a strange feel in that regards.

Being a PC version player with access to kb/m, the controller feels awesome. It's smooth and responsive enough for me to shun my beloved kb/m.

To the people who recommended gaming headsets earlier, thanks. Went out over lunch and got the SteelSeries Siberia V2. Now I'm all set for a long weekend delved into XIV =D

Animekatt

But no idea when they'll pop up, or how our Phase 4 progress will factor in.

I wonder if it'll be like how FFXI on the Xbox was with the achievements. You had to speak to a special NPC to unlock ones that you've done already, like reach level 75 on a particular job.

Jinko

Nop, we're not, but then what are the LoB drops?

I'm sure as hell Allagan aren't drops from the level 50 dungeons, I could assure you as much.

I'm sure you could, but I need no convincing :\

I guess they have just chosen to name the gear after an extinct empire, I am curious if any gear drops from LoB at all what with all this token stuff. (I would be completely fine with that of course lol)

Khrno

These were the placeholder trophies from the time were Arcanist skills and other stuff were leaked, and you know how everything changed.

Code:
Dabbler in Clothcraft	Bronze		Synthesize an item as a weaver.
One with Wool		Silver		Synthesize 1,000 items as a weaver.
Dabbler in Alchemy	Bronze		Synthesize an item as an alchemist.
One with Ether		Silver		Synthesize 1,000 items as an alchemist.
Dabbler in Cooking	Bronze		Synthesize an item as a culinarian.
One with Food		Silver		Synthesize 1,000 items as a culinarian.
Swing of the Axe	Bronze		Mine a mineral deposit.
Veteran Miner		Silver		Mine 1,000 mineral deposits.
Swing of the Hatchet	Bronze		Log at a mature tree.
Veteran Logger		Silver		Log at 1,000 mature trees.
Swing of the Rod	Bronze		Fish with your own rod and bait.
Veteran Fisher		Silver		Fish 1,000 times.
In and Out		Bronze		Clear your first instanced raid.
Repeat Offender		Gold		Clear 100 instanced raids.
Seeker of Truth		Bronze		Clear the Binding Coil.
Slay Thy Neighbor	Bronze		Participate in PvP.
Destiny's Child		Bronze		Join a FATE.
Destiny's 		Gold		Complete 1,000 FATEs.

Khrno

I'm sure you could, but I need no convincing :\

I guess they have just chosen to name the gear after an extinct empire, I am curious if any gear drops from LoB at all what with all this token stuff. (I would be completely fine with that of course lol)

Look it at it this way, what is Dalamud in reality? Well yes, it was a prison were Bahamut was trapped, but who made that, because it certainly wasn't created by some godly power. Look at the leaked pictures with all the glowing and futuristic looks, and then look at the pieces that fell from Dalamud when Bahamut broke free.

We don't even know exactly where, or I should say what kind of place it is this so called LoB, where Bahamut is resting.

Also I think we might not get to fight Bahamut just yet, but until a few more updates where more floors/sections are added.

Joqu

Whelp, I broke down and ordered this thing. It's going to be my first MMO. I'm not sure if I'll like it but it's pretty exciting either way! I do have one question though...

Are cat people looked down upon? D:

Robin64

Whelp, I broke down and ordered this thing. It's going to be my first MMO. I'm not sure if I'll like it but it's pretty exciting either way! I do have one question though...

Not by Lalafell. <3

Reknoc

Master race, so no.

supergiz

Well there is a good chance due to the error with this patch I won't be able to log on tomorrow at 2am *cry*

And no way to contact square support.

I am so excited for this :)
Going to make my new player in the morning, then play solid through the evening after work.
Going to spend my last few weeks before uni on XIV

There were not quite as many of them as i expected there to be in open beta. Common races usually get a lot teasing, but you're not going to get hell for it.

supergiz

Did u try deleting everything and starting from scratch?

I may try that now. I was getting "Unable to update patch. [11006][20641][20643]" When I tried to install the new patch. It downloaded but during the install part showed that error. Tried a few gaf recommended solutions to no avail.

If I were to pre-order a digital copy of FF XIV ARR on PSN right now, would I still receive early access and a free month of subscription?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom