• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khrno

Early Access starts in:

bla_1377334800.png

supergiz

I took the suggestion to redownload everything. now it is downloading the 8 gig file at 250k per second rather than the usual 8 megs a second. :(

I hope I can fix this before tonight. Back to work.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
FYI, for people getting e-mails that seem to be from SE about preorder codes. It seems that there are already people sending out phishing e-mails to try and get access to people's accounts.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/64892-Phishing-emails-out-already

Just thought I would throw a warning out there. Be careful and double check every link you visit when making account related changes.

Yeah. I didn't click any link, I don't believe, but I logged into a few things using bookmarks after checking to e-mail to make sure they didn't reset things after I got my second correct 20 digit code and then I just decided to change my PW.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
No they haven't, what makes you think that the current LoB is all there is to it?

People complaining that CT is easier than LoB and coming later.

It makes sense in a segmented dungeon release patern. Early LoB could be as easy or easier than CT but by the end of LoB it could shit all over CT and any other dungeon released in the meantime.

I'm kind of thinking LoB will be treated like Naxxramas is WoW *though that was released all at once* It had 4 wings each with a different difficulty level, then the final boss strip, with the first wing being easier than the last 2 bosses of the dungeon before it. Probably my favorite raid layout design

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Right, I've searched about a bit and can't see any help.

I have a version of 1.0 in front of me. I bought it just after shutdown (stupidly didn't realise they shut the registration for the codes too) and have a code (xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx) but even after clicking the Mognet link from the client and finding a code entry site that uses that format it says the code is invalid.

Does this mean I can't get early access or am I boned?

Anyone able to comment on the controls of the game. How smooth and responsive is combat?

How does navigating (walking / jumping) feel? I've noticed that most MMO's are pretty rough and have a strange feel in that regards.

I use a controller and KB and It feels very responsive. Combat is fast and pretty intuitive. The physics of walking over the landscape and jumping around is great. It doesn't feel clunky or floaty and makes playing the game into a comfortable experience. Miles ahead of what I saw in 1.0.

T.O.P

Banned
My CE shipped a couple of hours ago, everything is going smooth, after all the codes bullshit i was getting anxious for anything lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So, I thought only CE people were getting a third code, but it's everyone? The security token app registration page says you have to buy the game first.

Got this:

Greetings,

Yesterday we launched the FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A Realm Reborn™ pre-order redemption website that will allow users to receive their pre-order bonuses including Early Access to the game prior to launch. Unfortunately, we were able to confirm an issue that led to customers receiving an incorrect Early Access code for their territory.

We have confirmed that the Early Access code you received when redeeming your pre-order code from the website is a European code, when it should be a North American code.

We have successfully addressed the issue and have reset your pre-order code so that it may be entered into the website again.

Please visit the pre-order redemption site and re-enter your existing pre-order code which will now give you the correct code for Early Access and your other pre-order bonuses!

Visit the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Pre-Order Redemption website.

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused and look forward to seeing you in Eorzea.

- The Square Enix Customer Service Team

I was able to redo my early access 18 digit code but not the 20 digit one as it's already been used. Is that all I need to do?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Got this:

I was able to redo my early access 18 digit code but not the 20 digit one as it's already been used. Is that all I need to do?

Many of us have already re-entered our 18 digit code for a new 20 digit.

There's speculation that that might be a phishing email because of the domain name and their weird url's when you hover over them.

Khrno

People complaining that CT is easier than LoB and coming later.

It makes sense in a segmented dungeon release patern. Early LoB could be as easy or easier than CT but by the end of LoB it could shit all over CT and any other dungeon released in the meantime.

I'm kind of thinking LoB will be treated like Naxxramas is WoW *though that was released all at once* It had 4 wings each with a different difficulty level, then the final boss strip, with the first wing being easier than the last 2 bosses of the dungeon before it. Probably my favorite raid layout design

The thing is that CT had problems (balancing issues supposedly since it is a 24-man raid) and didn't make it for launch. It was also supposed to go before the LoB in the gear progression, thus making it indeed easier than the LoB, but harder than the level 50 dungeons.

So they had to leave it off from launch, and they didn't touch the LoB to adjust it on any way, so the gear gap that the CT was supposed to cover, is not there anymore, making the LoB even harder now.

Come 2.1 and the CT is added, that gap will be covered and the natural progression will continue (iLevel 70 > iLevel 80 > iLevel 90).

Now, about your original question. So come 2.2, or even 2.3, and they add new floors/sections for both the CT and LoB, so how do they do it, easily, say the initial CT floors are 1 to 5, which correspond to the iLevel 80 drops, so when adding floors 6 to 10 they will correspond to the iLevel 100 drops. And the same for the LoB, the second batch could be iLevel 110 drops.

Also remember that the cap will be raised sometime next year, so the higher we go on those raids, the harder and better drops there will be.

Thoraxes

Man, work is gonna be long today. Good thing early access starts only 2 hours after I get home.

Gonna stay up all night for this one.

Quick question here. Is anyone doing a pure Magic character, then creating a new character for pure war classes?

Only got to level 15 or so in Arcanist...

Khrno

12 hours left!

Why does a clock even exist.

bla_1377334800.png

So, I thought only CE people were getting a third code, but it's everyone? The security token app registration page says you have to buy the game first.

Why would you thought that? CE people might as well receive a third AND fourth codes, if the bonus items come in a separate code that's it.

Anyway the Early Access code is not the Game Registration code.

When your EA time runs out on August 30th you won't be able to play anymore if you haven't registered the game.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ah I see, kinda weird they didn't swap the values around, but in this case I guess it helps out the non super hardcore guilds catch up. A 20 item level gap is pretty big to go up against specially if there are dps race fights.

edit: lol the next job Yoshida wants to add if he didn't have to worry about class balance is Red Mage :p

Quick question here. Is anyone doing a pure Magic character, then creating a new character for pure war classes?

No reason to ever do this unless you really really hate the idea of playing a certain race as a war or magic class.

Khrno

No idea why you would want to go through the game twice just to separate Disciples of War and Disciples of Magic.

You get the free month for every purchase of ARR at any point in time (until SE say otherwise).

As far as the EA go, the game is released on the 27th, so I'd say yes.

Man, work is gonna be long today. Good thing early access starts only 2 hours after I get home.

Gonna stay up all night for this one.

I may, initially anyway. A character for my friends and maybe a secondary one for Ultros or something. If i had any real intention of finishing them, going GLD/WAR on them would probably be too redundant for me split my attention.

Nags

Banned
added myself to the spreadsheet and joined the steam group.

Only 12 hours left...

EDIT: Can we use our old PC copy of FFXIV and update it to ARR? Or does it require a new purchase?

EDIT 2: NVM read the OP! Extremely helpful!

Baleoce

I toyed with a lot of the races during the beta. Started with Elezen, then moved on to Mi'quote (Manthra) and Roegadyn in P3. Stuck with Roegadyn in P4 because everyone was Mi'Quote. Now it's coming up to launch and I'm probably going to switch to Lalafell (using the Phial of Fantasia) to make a HD version of my FFXI character xD I'm so indecisive..

creid

Holy Crap! The new beta drivers are AH-MAZING.

I got a 1k+ boost and over an 11fps higher average.

DL NOW!
The last few official NVIDIA driver releases have been problematic (at least with my card,) so I'll definitely be waiting for the stable release + a couple weeks of testing.

Baleoce

The last few official NVIDIA driver releases have been problematic (at least with my card,) so I'll definitely be waiting for the stable release + a couple weeks of testing.

Same. I'm not touching the beta drivers. I've been getting random driver crashes on anything that is past 314.22 (thanks PC thread), so I'm sticking with those for now.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Beta got me too used to Friday celebrations. Saturday launch feels weird mang.

Fvash

Neo Member
I noticed in P4 that at certain times of day or from certain angles or something, it looked as if the lighting engine was pulsating. Things would flash brighter repeatedly until I did something like move the camera around. Was this a thing, or just like my thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom