• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Anyone make their retainers yet?

ywyv2aE.png

9iEaxCR.jpg

Timeaisis

The last few official NVIDIA driver releases have been problematic (at least with my card,) so I'll definitely be waiting for the stable release + a couple weeks of testing.

What card do you have? I heard it was worse for the 600 series, but I have a 670 and it improved my performance pretty significantly.

daveo42

Banned
Anyone make their retainers yet?

I did, but no pics of my first one. She's a catgirl named Stocking and looks somewhat similar to the character...I may need to make some adjustments.

My other retainer might be Panty if I can get her to look right. I wish there were more hairstyles tbh.

I am debating whether to re-roll on Balmung and give RPing a shot. Never done it before, but I have fond memories of playing D&D. I don't want FF XIV to turn into a numbers game for me so this might be an interesting way to experience the game. Guess I will have to read up on the lore and RPing etiquette. On average are RPing communities pretty friendly?

Ferrio

Banned
I am debating whether to re-roll on Balmung and give RPing a shot. Never done it before, but I have fond memories of playing D&D. I don't want FF XIV to turn into a numbers game for me so this might be an interesting way to experience the game. Guess I will have to read up on the lore and RPing etiquette. On average are RPing communities pretty friendly?

Curious how RP the server will be... it's not "official" so I wager it's going to be a very weird mix.

daveo42

Banned

"No running! Characters can't constantly be running...they'd get tired out if they did that."

That's about all I remember from trying an RP server on WoW. I wasn't on that server for very long.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
"No running! Characters can't constantly be running...they'd get tired out if they did that."

That's about all I remember from trying an RP server on WoW. I wasn't on that server for very long.
I remember seeing naked Tauren with Humans and such in the Goldshire inn.

There was also a high level dude waiting for people to complete the starting area to greet them. He followed me down the road a ways,

kaiju

Just got my Early Access code and now downloading the PS3 client. :)

To anyone that ordered from GS and has yet to get a code...it does pay to pester them. All these rumors about "limited EA codes" is a bunch of bull. Just send them an e-mail, don't call them...you'll be on hold for like an hour.

Haint

What card do you have? I heard it was worse for the 600 series, but I have a 670 and it improved my performance pretty significantly.

I think he's probably referring to driver crashes, BSOD's, and forced restarts rather than performance. The 320+ branch broke stability for a lot of cards, and this is not a new occurrence for Nvidia. They had a similar epidemic with some of the 2XX driver branches as well. I have no idea where Nvidia got the reputation of better drivers.

Dvide

Banned
12 MORE HOURS. I've said it before and I was wrong. I feel bad about it. Will you guys forgive me?

Sooo... 12 more hours and I'm Diving in! ALL SYSTEMS GO!

Alucrid

Banned
So I still get

* You are currently unable to use this service. The service will become available once you have purchased either FINAL FANTASY XI or FINAL FANTASY XIV and registered the accompanying registration code.

when I try and do the token activation for my phone. But I already registered the game and everything. :(

Croyles

That would be nice, but sadly my current sleep schedule doesn't allow this.

Who knows, there'll probably be tons of problems tomorrow morning anyway and I won't even get the hour or two of play.

I've got it easy. Game launches at around 11am tomorrow where I am. Wake up, take a shower/brush teeth, have breakfast, and then I can jump in to the ga... launch frustration.

Hey dude! Balmung player here as well. RP communities are traditionally very cool, especially to those starting out. Every group has their weirdos, however. I'd say give it a try and come up with a basic concept for a character. You don't need to go overboard right at the start. If you have any questions or concerns, let me know, I'd be happy to help.

You found an asshole, then. That's completely unacceptable, even on an official RP server. I apologize on their behalf, haha. Certain groups within the community (Or locations, like the aforementioned Goldshire) get really bad reps and they tend to be the only thing regular players see. That's unfortunate, but there's nothing we can really do. The same rules that let us play as our characters let them play as...whatever floats their boat.

I've RPd in every MMO I've been in and it does nothing but make you more invested. By and large, I've never had a bad time being an RPer in an MMO. I've made good friends, traveled for meetups and generally had very good experiences. I can't imagine playing any other way.

Khrno

So I still get

when I try and do the token activation for my phone. But I already registered the game and everything. :(

You sure about that?

Is this the PSN version or something? Because no one is registering their games until the Mog Station goes live, and they receive their games (or emails if digital) with the registration codes inside.

Jinko

More silly questions from me. What is the lodestone?

It's a centralised place for news and character profiles, players blogs and such.

The new Lodestone allows you to check on players gear similar to WoW's armoury.

Time for sleepy, see some of you tomorrow in game :D

Cmagus

I just wanna play this now. I work till 12am then I'm gonna sleep till 5am wake up and begin lol.

I am gonna finish off my miner and finish making my armorer and miner AF gear.

Teletraan1

Banned
That would be nice, but sadly my current sleep schedule doesn't allow this.

Who knows, there'll probably be tons of problems tomorrow morning anyway and I won't even get the hour or two of play.

I have gotten up at 5am for all betas since the start of 3rd phase. Have gotten in right away and never had a problem. When everyone who thinks there will be problems decides to log in 2h later is when there will be problems. :p

TheGrue

So I guess this launches around 3 AM my time. Will probably wake up around 6:30 or 7 AM and hope that the servers are still up.

KiteGr

Got a beta invite a long time ago, but every single beta test came at times that I wasn't home or I couldn't play.

The original game was a huge disappointment, but apparently they actually bothered to remake it into something decent.
I can't see my self playing it as in the meantime I got hooked into Guild Wars 2 and I don't see my self paying for subscription for a game with Holly Trinity ever again.

BTW: Your OT looks like shit from my tablet.

I have gotten up at 5am for all betas since the start of 3rd phase. Have gotten in right away and never had a problem. When everyone who thinks there will be problems decides to log in 2h later is when there will be problems. :p

Ha, good point, except I'd be logging in about 8 hours after, depends on how much sleep I can get knowing I could be playing ARR instead xD

Still gonna try for a taste when I goes up early!

reson8or

Got a beta invite a long time ago, but every single beta test came at times that I wasn't home or I couldn't play.

The original game was a huge disappointment, but apparently they actually bothered to remake it into something decent.
I can't see my self playing it as in the meantime I got hooked into Guild Wars 2 and I don't see my self paying for subscription for a game with Holly Trinity ever again.

You are awesome, and your tablet too.

daveo42

Banned

I've never been up for beta starts because they've always been on Friday and I usually sleep till 7am on workdays. I don't think we'll see issues at 5am, but I could easily see it a few hours in as more people login.

TheGrue

I reinstalled GW2 recently and just couldn't get into it. ARR hooked me instantly, though, for some reason. One issue in GW2 was that there seemed to be no other people in the area I had last played in.

Oh wow.

Kokonoe

Banned

That's what you get for not viewing it with the master race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom