• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Got a beta invite a long time ago, but every single beta test came at times that I wasn't home or I couldn't play.

The original game was a huge disappointment, but apparently they actually bothered to remake it into something decent.
I can't see my self playing it as in the meantime I got hooked into Guild Wars 2 and I don't see my self paying for subscription for a game with Holly Trinity ever again.

BTW: Your OT looks like shit from my tablet.
I bought GW2 and pre-ordered FFXIV discounted in June around the same day on GMG. I have only spent a few hours in GW2. Might actually play eventually, but ffxiv has my attention for the forseable future.

Read the first line in OP for a mobile link.

daveo42

Banned
I reinstalled GW2 recently and just couldn't get into it. ARR hooked me instantly, though, for some reason. One issue in GW2 was that there seemed to be no other people in the area I had last played in.

I stuck with it for a few months, but didn't feel any real motivation to play. It's a very good game, but the events and end game content didn't keep me interested. Still a pretty solid b2p MMO.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Got a beta invite a long time ago, but every single beta test came at times that I wasn't home or I couldn't play.

The original game was a huge disappointment, but apparently they actually bothered to remake it into something decent.
I can't see my self playing it as in the meantime I got hooked into Guild Wars 2 and I don't see my self paying for subscription for a game with Holly Trinity ever again.

dxbNZc4.gif

Hey dude! Balmung player here as well. RP communities are traditionally very cool, especially to those starting out. Every group has their weirdos, however. I'd say give it a try and come up with a basic concept for a character. You don't need to go overboard right at the start. If you have any questions or concerns, let me know, I'd be happy to help.

Cool, I will give it a shot then and ease myself into it. For some reason the world setting in this game feels like somewhere tangible and a place I would love to visit for real. The added immersion of RPing it might make the world come alive in a whole new way. Guess I will create a rough idea of who my character will be and try my hand at RPing tomorrow.

I bought GW2 and pre-ordered FFXIV discounted in June around the same day on GMG. I have only spent a few hours in GW2. Might actually play eventually, but ffxiv has my attention for the forseable future.

Read the first line in OP for a mobile link.

Yeah I got GW2 at launch and maxed out my character but tbh I didn't really get into the game at all. I really didn't like the lack of trinity system and dungeons and events just felt like a zerg fest.

Pachimari

3 days until I get my FF XIV! Still sad about not getting Early Access. :(

As soon as I have chosen Ultros as my world, I will sign up at the official forums and at the GAF company.

Can't wait!

LowerLevel

Dammit! I want this in my Ps3 SO bad... I'm a BIG proponent for MMO's on consoles, especially with established friends lists and purposeful achievements/trophy earnings. Soon...

So, looking over that 4Gamer interview (translated by Reinheart) there's quite a few tidbits of good stuff to be found in it:

http://www.4gamer.net/games/199/G019924/20130823089/ (Source for the full interview)

Q: For Full Active Time Event (F.A.T.E.), how much new ones are planning to implement?

Y: The Odin and Behemoth shown in the movie released is actually part of F.A.T.E. Behemoth battle is the type of F.A.T.E. which you need to accept, and if you don’t challenge with enough amount of people it’s going to be a big mess (laugh). For Odin, this F.A.T.E. happens at random and you will not know when it’s going to occur. These two F.A.T.E.s are the types we are aiming for F.A.T.E.s goal.

Q: Do you have any plans for new players starting from Eorzea Reborn to grasp the story of previous FF14? I understand it’s in the Collectors Edition DVD.

Y: For me, it shouldn’t be where you need to see that to understand the previous FF14’s story. FFXIV ARR isn’t FF14-2. Therefore, this time if you play through the Eorzea Reborn’s story up until where you see the ending credits, you’ll be able to grasp what happened in the past.
Also I strongly recommend everyone to watch the ending credits till the last second, it doesn’t just end as a ending credit, it has something relates to the future patches storyline.

Q: I believe there are many waiting for the PS4 version. Can you please advise the current status of the PS4 version?

A: I think it’s going to be much earlier than most are expecting (laugh). I have mentioned this before but, we are making adjustments to transfer service so people will be satisfied playing the PS3 version. We’ll make an announcement for this not too long from now, but for now we would like players to play Eorzea Reborn and LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII on current generation machine (laugh).

This one is weird, am I reading too much into this or is he basically implying LR will be on PS4 also? Because he didn't mention FFX: HD and we know that's only on current generation...

jspeerbr

Neo Member
Just to clarify. When it goes live tonight, and you have beaten Ifrit.

You should go back into the Whispering Sands and there you will be able to choose your GC?

Which will turn on GC leves and then you can get tickets to get the chocobo, right?

KePoW

Banned
Anyone getting this error message, when trying to login the Square-Enix site to input the pre-order code:

"Sorry, something went wrong. We have been notified about this issue and we'll have a look at it shortly. Please try again later. "

DrDogg

Right, I've searched about a bit and can't see any help.

I have a version of 1.0 in front of me. I bought it just after shutdown (stupidly didn't realise they shut the registration for the codes too) and have a code (xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx) but even after clicking the Mognet link from the client and finding a code entry site that uses that format it says the code is invalid.

Does this mean I can't get early access or am I boned?

I can't comment on the code not working, but you have to pre-order or have a Legacy status account to get into early access. Just owning 1.0 isn't enough. If you weren't already Legacy status (paid for at least 3 months during 1.0), the only way to get into early access is by pre-ordering.

Khrno

Why are you hotlinking to GW2's site? Are you paid for doing viral marketing on competing MMOs threads or something?

Why are you hotlinking to GW2's site? Are you paid for doing viral marketing on competing MMOs threads or something?

NCSoft is well known for paying viral marketers to shit on other MMOs which are launching. Someone really should report that post to the mods for investigation.

Sakura

So, looking over that 4Gamer interview (translated by Reinheart) there's quite a few tidbits of good stuff to be found in it:

http://www.4gamer.net/games/199/G019924/20130823089/ (Source for the full interview)

This one is weird, am I reading too much into this or is he basically implying LR will be on PS4 also? Because he didn't mention FFX: HD and we know that's only on current generation...

No, he says "まずは新生エオルゼアと「LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII」,2本のFFで現世代機を締めていただければと(笑)。" I believe he is just saying that they want to close out current gen hardware with the FF games LR and ARR before talking about ARR on PS4.

Cool, I will give it a shot then and ease myself into it. For some reason the world setting in this game feels like somewhere tangible and a place I would love to visit for real. The added immersion of RPing it might make the world come alive in a whole new way. Guess I will create a rough idea of who my character will be and try my hand at RPing tomorrow.

Look me up on the Spreadsheet or PM me, we'll meet up! I apologize ahead of time for my in-game name. Roegadyn naming conventions are insane/awesome.

No, he says "まずは新生エオルゼアと「LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII」,2本のFFで現世代機を締めていただければと(笑)。" I believe he is just saying that they want to close out current gen hardware with the FF games LR and ARR before talking about ARR on PS4.

Oh okay, thanks for the clean up of that translation!

Einbroch

Banned

This post. From the fact that it has no point to the linking to the GW2 website to the comment about the OT, I was fully entertained.

Edited out my joke, bad taste.

Reknoc

So, Guildleves can only be done 3 times every 13 hours?

Nah. You start with 8 (I think) guildleves when you unlock them. And then at 5am and 5pm (forget the time zone), it adds more to your allowance. So if you don't do them for a bit and save up like 40, you can do all 40 in one day, or you can spread them out and do 10 a day.

Teletraan1

Banned
I wonder if we have been accumulating Guildleves over this last week. The previous betas I was capped at like 99 or something since they kept accumulating when we couldn't play.

Why even post?

Nah. You start with 8 (I think) guildleves when you unlock them. And then at 5am and 5pm (forget the time zone), it adds more to your allowance. So if you don't do them for a bit and save up like 40, you can do all 40 in one day, or you can spread them out and do 10 a day.

Ah, thanks for the clarification! I think I'll save them for my crafting to level up mining, black smithing easier.

Teletraan1

Banned
Do you have to actively be the specific class/job before class/job quest markers will show up on your map?

If there was a quest that was not able to be completed in your current class/job they showed up as a red symbol on the map. Don't remember what it was exactly but it was red.

chris-013

As of August 23, 2013, the following issues have been confirmed in FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.
-An issue wherein the companion action "Choco Medica" does not recover HP properly.
We plan to address this issue via a hot fix as soon as possible.
-An issue wherein the "manor sentries" that appear in the instanced dungeon "Haukke Manor" become stuck and prevent players from progressing through the instanced dungeon.
Please be sure to fight the "manor sentries" on the second floor of the Haukke Manor until the issue is addressed.
If you encounter this issue, please open the Duty Finder and then select "Leave."
-Due to a critical issue that we have identified in the instanced dungeon "The Wanderer's Palace," the instanced dungeon will not be available at launch.
Please note that while the instanced dungeon "The Wanderer's Palace" will show up in the Duty Finder, it will be inaccessible. Please refrain from joining the instanced dungeon until the issue is addressed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
-An issue wherein if a player completes a primal battle while KO'd, the option to return to your home point will not appear.
If you encounter this issue, please have a party member revive you or open the Duty Finder and then select "Leave."
-An issue wherein if a player joins an instance via the Duty Finder, they occasionally become immobilized after leaving the instance.
If you encounter this issue, please contact a GM by selecting the "Support Desk" option under the system menu.
-An issue wherein certain cutscenes viewed from the "The Unending Journey" located in inn rooms will always play from the beginning.
-An issue wherein the icons on the market boards occasionally appear incorrectly while a player is experiencing lag.
-[PlayStation®3 only] An issue wherein a player will occasionally lose control of their character while fighting a certain monster in the instanced dungeon "The Sunken Temple of Qarn."
If you encounter this issue, please log out and then back in.
[PlayStation®3 only] An issue wherein the game client may freeze if a player attempts to log out while their character configuration screen is open.
-[PlayStation®3 only] An issue wherein the cursor location of the Crafting Log will occasionally appear in the incorrect location and prevents the players from controlling their characters.
If you encounter this issue, please log out and then back in.
-[PlayStation®3 only] An issue wherein a player will occasionally be unable to take a screenshot.
If the screenshot fails, the message "Screenshot failed." will appear.

What are you doing SE ? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom