• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyzer

Banned
So how does sharing xp across classes work ?

Can I just switch my weapon and turn in a quest and get the xp for that instead?

frequency

Yeah I got GW2 at launch and maxed out my character but tbh I didn't really get into the game at all. I really didn't like the lack of trinity system and dungeons and events just felt like a zerg fest.

That was one of the major reasons I stopped playing. It sounded good before release but in practice it was really dumb.

Khrno

Do you have to actively be the specific class/job before class/job quest markers will show up on your map?

No, as far as you have the class unlocked, class specific quests will appear with the red quest markers, meaning that there is a quest available there but you can't get due to not being on the right class or being at the right level (if in that class already).

Just preordered the PS3 version from Amazon without having played the beta at all, or any MMO ever for that matter. Should be an interesting experience to say the least.

Can I just switch my weapon and turn in a quest and get the xp for that instead?

I did that in Phase 3. I'd do a story quest on my WHM, then turn the quest in on my lower level class. But I think the class has to be around the level of the quest anyways. So you couldn't do a level 15 quest and turn it in on a level 1 character.

How much rested XP do you think we've accumulated since the end of P4?

Probably maxed out on rested exp if it kept going. Which if I had to guess, is a full bar/levels worth.

1GB patch notes posted yet? Sorry if they have been, I did a quick search.

As of August 23, 2013, the following issues have been confirmed in FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

- An issue wherein the companion action "Choco Medica" does not recover HP properly.
* We plan to address this issue via a hot fix as soon as possible.

- An issue wherein the "manor sentries" that appear in the instanced dungeon "Haukke Manor" become stuck and prevent players from progressing through the instanced dungeon.
* Please be sure to fight the "manor sentries" on the second floor of the Haukke Manor until the issue is addressed.
* If you encounter this issue, please open the Duty Finder and then select "Leave."

- Due to a critical issue that we have identified in the instanced dungeon "The Wanderer's Palace," the instanced dungeon will not be available at launch.
* Please note that while the instanced dungeon "The Wanderer's Palace" will show up in the Duty Finder, it will be inaccessible. Please refrain from joining the instanced dungeon until the issue is addressed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

- An issue wherein if a player completes a primal battle while KO'd, the option to return to your home point will not appear.
* If you encounter this issue, please have a party member revive you or open the Duty Finder and then select "Leave."

- An issue wherein if a player joins an instance via the Duty Finder, they occasionally become immobilized after leaving the instance.
* If you encounter this issue, please contact a GM by selecting the "Support Desk" option under the system menu.

- An issue wherein certain cutscenes viewed from the "The Unending Journey" located in inn rooms will always play from the beginning.

- An issue wherein the icons on the market boards occasionally appear incorrectly while a player is experiencing lag.

- [PlayStation®3 only] An issue wherein a player will occasionally lose control of their character while fighting a certain monster in the instanced dungeon "The Sunken Temple of Qarn."
* If you encounter this issue, please log out and then back in.

- [PlayStation®3 only] An issue wherein the game client may freeze if a player attempts to log out while their character configuration screen is open.

- [PlayStation®3 only] An issue wherein the cursor location of the Crafting Log will occasionally appear in the incorrect location and prevents the players from controlling their characters.
* If you encounter this issue, please log out and then back in.

- [PlayStation®3 only] An issue wherein a player will occasionally be unable to take a screenshot.
* If the screenshot fails, the message "Screenshot failed." will appear.

Got a beta invite a long time ago, but every single beta test came at times that I wasn't home or I couldn't play.

The original game was a huge disappointment, but apparently they actually bothered to remake it into something decent.
I can't see my self playing it as in the meantime I got hooked into Guild Wars 2 and I don't see my self paying for subscription for a game with Holly Trinity ever again.

BTW: Your OT looks like shit from my tablet.

original.gif

Gentlegoo

Banned
I caved in and got a EU early access code from ebay.

Now i will have the mog / pet stuff along with the stuff from my old ass collectors edition.

koji kabuto

Q: For Full Active Time Event (F.A.T.E.), how much new ones are planning to implement?

Y: The Odin and Behemoth shown in the movie released is actually part of F.A.T.E. Behemoth battle is the type of F.A.T.E. which you need to accept, and if you don’t challenge with enough amount of people it’s going to be a big mess (laugh). For Odin, this F.A.T.E. happens at random and you will not know when it’s going to occur. These two F.A.T.E.s are the types we are aiming for F.A.T.E.s goal.

I'm not camping shit, The days of FFXI are over, I will cancel my account the moment this turn into you must camp monster x that has a random spawn + random drop rate.
Who the fuck told you that random is fun or even challenging ?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wanderer's Palace is the one with all the Tonberrys and the King Tonberry boss :(

I hope they get that fixed asap.

I'm not camping shit, The days of FFXI are over, I will cancel my account the moment this turn into you must camp monster x that has a random spawn + random drop rate.

The prospect of Odin appearing randomly and one shotting people in those zones sounds pretty awesome to me. I don't think they expect people to literally camp out across multiple zones for him (he appears in multiple zones). Hopefully it's random enough that it won't be predictable.

TheContact

Oh hell yeah, I just logged into the PS3 version and I was able to set up the account and link everything and it's downloading the patch. I was going to set my alarm for 2 am to do this before work now I don't have to =d

Reknoc

Why are people buying early access codes? lol

For Early Access :p

I did it for Guild Wars 2, it was only like... a quid and saved me not having to buy the ludicrously overpriced GW2 preorder (opting to get the physical version cheap from GMG)

LowParry

For Early Access :p

I did it for Guild Wars 2, it was only like... a quid and saved me not having to buy the ludicrously overpriced GW2 preorder (opting to get the physical version cheap from GMG)

One does not simply pay for early access. It's practically free.

Zalasta

I blame 3102 for not allowing me to log off at a proper location for rested XP...I also blame SE for not making cities as "sanctuary", then I wouldn't have that problem, since I crashed while in Limsa, lol

I like random things to surprise me. I imagine it'd be fun for Odin to randomly pop up and Zantetsuken me.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wanderer's Palace is the one with all the Tonberrys and the King Tonberry boss :(

I hope they get that fixed asap.

Oh damn, I didn't even see that line. Bleh, that sucks. I was also looking forward to that dungeon in particular! Oh well, I plan on focusing on my Arcanist before diving into any higher level stuff anyways. Hopefully by then, they will have fixed it.

I kind of want to go mess around with Behemoth and Odin when I get in the game actually. lol Tons of death with them I hope!

Teletraan1

Banned

Yeah they should have a big sign telling you where you can line up to fight this monster. I would much prefer that since it is a theme park mmo it would fit better.

SkyOdin

I think all quests have a minimum level for collecting the reward at the end of the quest. I think it is usually two or so levels beneath the recommended level for the quest. If your current class is below that, then you won't be able to collect the reward, even if you used that class to clear the quest itself.

For example, if you start a level 13 quest with your level 14 Gladiator gear, then switch to your level 9 Pugilist gear to do the quest itself, you will likely need to switch back to your level 14 Gladiator gear to turn in the quest at the end. On the other hand, if you have a level 12 Archer as well, you can turn in the quest with that.

First thing I need to do when I log back in:

Grind out some DoH levels. I didn't work on that at all during phase 4.

Leatherworker or Carpentry for a Lancer first?

chris-013

Who said you need to camp ? Everyone will shout on the server that Odin spawned at X,Y in Z Shroud and everyone will help to kill him and gain a token...

First thing I need to do when I log back in:

Grind out some DoH levels. I didn't work on that at all during phase 4.

Leatherworker or Carpentry for a Lancer first?

I'm starting off as a Lancer as well, and was thinking of doing blacksmithing - would leatherworker or carpentry benefit more?

Cetra

Got my first class of the fall semester in the morning, a friends going away party, then another friends birthday party tomorrow.

I envy all of you are able to play tomorrow, at the same time, I leave it to you to deal with day one server issues and the like. >:D

Alucrid

Banned
Got my first class of the fall semester in the morning, a friends going away party, then another friends birthday party tomorrow.

I envy all of you are able to play tomorrow, at the same time, I leave it to you to deal with day one server issues and the like. >:D

That was last weekend brah. I hope we're fine until Monday. Or Tuesday. Or whenever this actually releases.

I'm starting off as a Lancer as well, and was thinking of doing blacksmithing - would leatherworker or carpentry benefit more?

I don't think any of the crafting classes are useless as they all benefit/rely on each other, but I think carpentry is good for making lances (and other wooden weapons) and leatherworker is good for DoW DPS armor.

Omnicent

Anyone make their retainers yet?

Yep and he is all setup already from P4 (though all my stuff I put on the market probably was returned to him by now).

He is a retired Paladin who runs market analysis now. He manages the gilbook of the Hecate household (I was almost tempted to make him, but Fem Roe man couldn't resist).

jspeerbr

Neo Member
I'll try my hand at alchemy. Potions better not be useless.

From what Ive seen from alchemy, its not just the potions but its the abilities that make it the best one to have with other crafting classes. That and it creates a lot of materials needed in other DoH crafts.

chris-013

- An issue wherein if a player joins an instance via the Duty Finder, they occasionally become immobilized after leaving the instance.
* If you encounter this issue, please contact a GM by selecting the "Support Desk" option under the system menu.

I hope we can avoid this bug if we make our own party.

jspeerbr

Neo Member
I just realized something.....What happens if your retainer's inventory was full and you still had 20 items on the market when the time ran out? .....Oh god please be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom