• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allard

The Wanderer's Palace bug is kind of a big deal. It looks like at least a level 40-ish dungeon so hopefully they get that fixed soon before many people get to that point.

Because its in the known issues section I'd imagine it will get fixed fairly quickly especially like you said its an integral part of the lvling/gear situation in that lvl range, not to mention its still on the duty finder and they mention not to enter on it. Like people are going to read all the update notes XD. My guess is it will be fixed by official launch or a day or two after/before it.

Mashing

Is there some reason I can setup a software token? The pages says I can't register a one-time password until I register the game. When I check my registration status on the account website it says I'm registered. Strange.

From support chat:
"You are currently number 249 in the queue. You should be connected to an agent in about 01:18:00. The average amount of time a customer has to wait is 01:18:26. "

I'm jealous of you guys that actually get to enjoy the early access to the fullest. I'm in, but I have to work tomorrow at a job I just started! My first day off I plan on going all in.

Alucrid

Banned
Is there some reason I can setup a software token? The pages says I can't register a one-time password until I register the game. When I check my registration status on the account website it says I'm registered. Strange.

From support chat:
"You are currently number 249 in the queue. You should be connected to an agent in about 01:18:00. The average amount of time a customer has to wait is 01:18:26. "

I have the same issue. Let me know if you get yours resolved. I wonder if we have to wait until release

Didn't see this mentioned, but do you need exactly 1 Healer/Tank & 2 DPS for dungeons/duty finder? Can you do it with 3 DPS 1 Healer for example?

The beginning dungeons you can probably get away with weird comps (you'd have to create those yourself as the Duty Finder won't allow it), but anything past level 20 I'd recommend sticking to the usual trinity.

Azrael

Only probably going to be on for about four hours in the morning tomorrow, but hope to join the LS, get my airship pass and retainer, and do some crafting!

jspeerbr

Neo Member
Everyone should start posting pics of all their snacks for EA...I need some ideas.

pH8JpY9

my pictures never work :(

FinKL

The beginning dungeons you can probably get away with weird comps (you'd have to create those yourself as the Duty Finder won't allow it), but anything past level 20 I'd recommend sticking to the usual trinity.

Cool, I was hoping it would allow different compositions.

Torquill

I'm jealous of you guys that actually get to enjoy the early access to the fullest. I'm in, but I have to work tomorrow at a job I just started! My first day off I plan on going all in.
I lucked out. My new job starts next week! And here I thought I was too old to ever enjoy an MMO binge again!!!

Mashing

The first EA day for me is going to be fairly short. I gotta be up the crack of dawn to turn off some switches at work. Fucking power is being shut off, but their leaving the generators on. Which means I gotta go turn of network equipment so the shit doesn't blow up.

Jawmuncher

Wait so whats the deal with early acess? Excuse me for not wanting to dig through the whole thread. But isn't anyone who bought the game prior supposed to be included in that?
Have emails already gone out for it? Because i've yet to receive anything.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Wait so whats the deal with early acess? Excuse me for not wanting to dig through the whole thread. But isn't anyone who bought the game prior supposed to be included in that?
Have emails already gone out for it? Because i've yet to receive anything.

Prior as in 1.0? 1.0 owners only get early access if they subscribed for 3 months back when 1.0 had a subscription fee.

Jawmuncher

Prior as in 1.0? 1.0 owners only get early access if they subscribed for 3 months back when 1.0 had a subscription fee.

Ahhh I see. Well screw that noise, it was such a mess back then I didn't even bother for a month. I'll just wait for the regular release then.

chrono01

CE unboxing, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K77b19AQT-w.

Hopefully not posted already.
It looks nice!

I am slightly disappointed that we didn't get the box/individual Blu-ray case for the bonus disc/slip-cover case for the art book that the Japanese release did [seen from 2:37:30 onwards - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKMTlHicWUM], but it's still an amazing package over all.

I can't wait to receive mine [assuming everything goes alright with Digital River's delivery...].

BLCKATK

Mad jelly of everyone that gets to play right when it goes up. I really hope the servers don't go kaboom on you guys.

I'll be playing Saturday night when everything is stable... I hope.

No one wanted to help and now I can't register my code..the site keeps saying oops an error has occurred and it's timed out? Is that because its just not up yet? How are people downloading their ps3 clients? Man I'm confused lol help me gaf!

Cmagus

It would be nice if they could release something explaining the changes and needs for the relics.

As for me no snacks but I'm gonna get out my French press and steep up some Raspberry Nectar tea.

I just noticed on the guild site that it has my class/job wrong. Is there any way to edit that?

There is thread where you can post any corrections in the guild forums. I had to add 200 or so people manually so I probably made some mistakes. You can also just post it here if you want.

When the new Lodestone is up, the site will be integrated and it will automatically pull whatever characters you link into the roster.

erawsd

The thing is that CT had problems (balancing issues supposedly since it is a 24-man raid) and didn't make it for launch. It was also supposed to go before the LoB in the gear progression, thus making it indeed easier than the LoB, but harder than the level 50 dungeons.

So they had to leave it off from launch, and they didn't touch the LoB to adjust it on any way, so the gear gap that the CT was supposed to cover, is not there anymore, making the LoB even harder now.

Come 2.1 and the CT is added, that gap will be covered and the natural progression will continue (iLevel 70 > iLevel 80 > iLevel 90).

Now, about your original question. So come 2.2, or even 2.3, and they add new floors/sections for both the CT and LoB, so how do they do it, easily, say the initial CT floors are 1 to 5, which correspond to the iLevel 80 drops, so when adding floors 6 to 10 they will correspond to the iLevel 100 drops. And the same for the LoB, the second batch could be iLevel 110 drops.

Also remember that the cap will be raised sometime next year, so the higher we go on those raids, the harder and better drops there will be.

Has any of that been confirmed? I figure they would have to retune GLoB or it ends up being a ridiculous cock block.

I don't know what is going to happen with CT but I hope the plan isn't to just drop it in the middle of progression, Blizz does that with its "Duty Finder" style raids and all it does is cannibalize all the content that came before it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom