• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early Access starts in:

bla_1377334800.png

Enough time left for me to sleep now.

@_@

I won't be able to play until 2PM tomorrow, hopefully everything goes smoothly

Omg this thread is moving so fast an my posts keep getting buried..no one can help? To play tonight do you have to buy it of the psn store?

zsswimmer

Ive been getting more and more tempted to buy this game... Is it a no brainer to get this game as someone who enjoys the Final Fanasy story/art/lore and is familiar with MMO mechanics?

Aeana

There is thread where you can post any corrections in the guild forums. I had to add 200 or so people manually so I probably made some mistakes. You can also just post it here if you want.

When the new Lodestone is up, the site will be integrated and it will automatically pull whatever characters you link into the roster.
Oh, well if it'll be automatic soon then it's not a big deal. I'm maining white mage/scholar and the site has me as warrior/paladin.

chrono01

Ive been getting more and more tempted to get this game... Is it a no brainer to get this game as someone who enjoys the Final Fanasy story/art/lore and is familiar with MMO mechanics?
I would say YES!

If you're familiar with MMO mechanics, and enjoy Final Fantasy lore, I see absolutely no reason why you wouldn't enjoy this game.

Hmm, anyone know/remember where npcs sold level 29-30 gear? I have a 30 THM from 1.0, but for some reason, the gear I have for it is terrible and low level stuff. And I know there are NPCs in each major camp that sell armor based on the level of enemies around it. I checked Costa del Sol and another one in Limsa, but of course, they had level 31 gear which didn't really help. I need something to wear on my THM/BLM until I get 31, lol.

Styles

Downloading the game as we speak.
075ee6d1.gif
Too bad my retailers don't have the CE in stock, or I would have pre-ordered the packaged version instead of the digital one.

zsswimmer

I would say YES!

If you're familiar with MMO mechanics, and enjoy Final Fantasy lore, I see absolutely no reason why you wouldn't enjoy this game.

Yeah I'm definitely familiar with MMO mechanics, it's just with most MMOs the story and lore don't pull me in, but I do love a good Final Fantasy game. Guess I'm sold then :p

LowParry

Hmm, anyone know/remember where npcs sold level 29-30 gear? I have a 30 THM from 1.0, but for some reason, the gear I have for it is terrible and low level stuff. And I know there are NPCs in each major camp that sell armor based on the level of enemies around it. I checked Costa del Sol and another one in Limsa, but of course, they had level 31 gear which didn't really help. I need something to wear on my THM/BLM until I get 31, lol.

Vesper Bay comes to mind.

Riposte

BTW: Your OT looks like shit from my tablet.

Anyone having problems viewing the OT on mobile devices (which is as expected), check out the text version linked above the images. I don't know if there is a zoom feature on tablets like there is on PC browsers, but that may also help.

I also assume you are not actually a viral marketer, but that would be pretty amusing.

Thanks, I mean I can see that it is a website, but I still don't understand how it relates to the game and why it's important.

I know you've already been answered, but to get a point across: https://docs.google.com/document/d/...9IB7m3FghTIbMr6ZE/edit#heading=h.mjm95a79rff8

I wasn't kidding when I said it answered the basic questions!

God, there are way too many instances in this game where males get pants and girls don't. Feels like it is present in every new armor set that isn't heavy armor. Dumb.

Naming Conventions: I will be creating a Female Elezen Archer with the name "Jade Nephrite" does that work or will I have to choose a diferent surname?

"Jade" is actually more of an issue, as I understand it. Nephrite will probably work, sounding like this.

Female names tend to end in “ne,” “ette,” or “elle” or on extended vowels like “ie”, and be shorter than the male names.

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/63111-Elezen-Naming-Conventions

CaLe

Stupid question?:

I purchased the game when it first came out, will I get early access if I subscribe for a month?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I'm not even going to try an log in when it starts. I've been through enough FF MMO product launches. I'll get a good nights sleep and log in in the morning.

This is it I finally can play this game without a stoppage from beta phases or what not. Been waiting since e3 reveal of ffxiv 1.0 at sony conference now I get to a really optimized better version of it pretty much a new game now.

Raxious

Went to Gamescom today. Unfortunately didn't get a chance to play the Titan fight, however I did end up buying Dawn: The Worlds of Final Fantasy, and ended up getting it signed by 2 directors of FF XIII, and of course Yoshi-P.

Toshio Murouchi was standing there as well taking pictures of Yoshi-P, and as he was done I just had to ask him for an autograph as well, unfortunately he replied with "I'm sorry, but I shouldn't do that as it's not about me." it's a shame, but he shook my hand and you could tell by his actions that I wasn't prepared for the question but liked the recognition.

I also picked up the Before Meteor Blu-Ray disc ( mine was signed, don't know if it's standard. ), so I got the wind up dalamud minion as well :D

FinKL

Thank you for the suggestion!

Picked it up at Target today, where it is on sale for $24.99 (same as Amazon's price).

It's a sexy keyboard!

I love this thing, its still using the same AA batteries it came with and I think I picked it up last year. It's my main PC keyboard until I get a mech k/b

Please update to Mumble 1.2.4 before joining. The latest version of Mumble uses a new high quality audio codec.

Client download: mumble.sourceforge.net

Server: gaf.mumble.com
Port: 5311
Username: <character's first name>

* Alternatively, you can combine your character's first and last name if your prefer. You just can't use spaces (e.g. MapleCookie).

Direct Link: mumble://gaf.mumble.com:5311?version=1.2.4

Quoting the mumble post, a bunch of us are there now

Thanks to you guys I was able to set up all the early access stuff without any hassles! Now I'm all set for tomorrow and I'll have all day to play!

gKy7sYk.gif

phierce

Went to Gamescom today. Unfortunately didn't get a chance to play the Titan fight, however I did end up buying Dawn: The Worlds of Final Fantasy, and ended up getting it signed by 2 directors of FF XIII, and of course Yoshi-P.

Toshio Murouchi was standing there as well taking pictures of Yoshi-P, and as he was done I just had to ask him for an autograph as well, unfortunately he replied with "I'm sorry, but I shouldn't do that as it's not about me." it's a shame, but he shook my hand and you could tell by his actions that I wasn't prepared for the question but liked the recognition.

I also picked up the Before Meteor Blu-Ray disc ( mine was signed, don't know if it's standard. ), so I got the wind up dalamud minion as well :D

That's awesome. Sounds like you had one hell of a day there.

Giggzy

I've only played phase 4 for a couple hours, and I've read the OP but I'm still confused on a few things, mainly crafting.

So how do professions work? They're considered separate jobs?(classes?) How do you train in them? Have to make a new character just for crafting purposes?

Salaadin

Have they elaborated any more on how 1.0 CE owners get their ARR CE items? WIll we have codes emailed to us? Does anyone with that 1.0 CE helmet automatically get the ARR stuff? Will I log in tomorrow and just have it waiting for me like the Legacy chocobo was?

Napophis

1.0 players are called Legacy Players, they only get the game for free and 2 weeks of playtime.

1.0 players that subscribed for 3 months are called Legacy Status Playerss, they get early access and the game for free, as well as the free 2 weeks of playtime.

i think that makes easier to understand this whole confusing crap...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom