• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotto

I'm going into this game with an extremely basic amount of knowledge of how things work. I only played ~2 weekends very shortly during phase 3 of closed beta. Should be a fun month.

I'm going into this game with an extremely basic amount of knowledge of how things work. I only played ~2 weekends very shortly during phase 3 of closed beta. Should be a fun month.

I just found out about this game [in detail] once the OT got put up. And this is my first ever MMORPG.

ihavenoideawhatimdoing.jpg in about 16 hours for me.

B-Dex

Can Legacy players sub for more than 30days at a time? Or do we have to only do it a month at a time for the discounted rate? (I'd rather do like a year at once)

Desi

<---very upset. Wanted to get up early tomorrow and play a couple hours before work but the update has been crashing on me all day.

vazel

Banned
There's a folder called movie in the FFXIV directory that's 795MB in size. Hopefully it's an intro FMV. Previous digital distribution versions of FFXI and FFXIV 1.0 did not include the intro FMV, they were only included in the disc version.

Omnicent

looking into getting a good headset.

I have used wireless sennhesiers for a long time, so I'm wondering if their headsets are of equal build/quality to their headphones?

looking at 333D currently, but will do some more research before I commit to anything.

If anyone have other suggestions let me know.

Till then I'll have to use my mic and headphone setup (which isn't to comfortable, but works).

Thanks.

daveo42

Banned
Security tokens are tied to your SE account, not any particular game. So yes, they still work, but they've also added a mobile app.

Ah ok. I still have my old token, but it's not registered on their site anymore. I may have removed it though. Going with the mobile app for ease of access.

Omnicent

damn I was going to go to sleep, but Shadaloo Showdown Mixup Night starts in about an hour (AE looks pretty stacked).... uggghhh why USD why! What to do sleep or stay up?

Excellent. I was afraid that wouldn't be out til like Spring of 14, when the game itself is nowish, and the PS4 is November. Couldn't believe they were that far behind with the PS4 version.

Holiday would be great. Also, sounds like they have the next expansion planned from the whole after the credits bit. Still, got a long way before then ;)

Mechakira

Neo Member
<---very upset. Wanted to get up early tomorrow and play a couple hours before work but the update has been crashing on me all day.

Might be obvious but I was just talking to someone on Mumble who had the same issue and they fixed it by just reinstalling everything.

Aesthet1c

Has anyone ordered the game today from GMG? Can you still get the 25% off and early access?

I have a friend that I might buy a key for, but if it's too late to get early access codes I'll probably just wait till next week.

Working from 4am to 4pm PDT tomorrow and Sunday. In hindsight, I should have given away my early access code to someone who would have made better use of it. Oh well :/

erawsd

looking into getting a good headset.

I have used wireless sennhesiers for a long time, so I'm wondering if their headsets are of equal build/quality to their headphones?

looking at 333D currently, but will do some more research before I commit to anything.

If anyone have other suggestions let me know.

Till then I'll have to use my mic and headphone setup (which isn't to comfortable, but works).

Thanks.

Personally, I'd recommend sticking with the mic+headphone set up. You lose out a bit on convenience but you gain much better sound quality for the money.

Here's an excellent headphone guide: http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad...-17-2013-cal-nuforce-hp-800-fiio-e12-reviewed

I'd suggest looking at headphones with high fun/balanced ratings, the competitive value is more of an FPS thing for pinpointing locations but they aren't as good for general gaming/music.

To kill time I'm playin splinter cell blacklist on Xbl. If anyone wants to join to pass the time til this it goes on the back burner forever my gamertag is ld3ntity. After tonight I probably won't touch it for a few weeks/months >>

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Whoa whoa, let's not do anything crazy here!

I'm swingin' wild here!

Nah, just trying anything to kill time. I've tried playing games and such but it's just not working. My mind is made up and it wants this game. lol

Question here for folks: What will you guys be doing with your low level materia?

nikos

So I just messed around with some overclocking on my 5850. At super safe settings, I got a score of 5929 at 1920x1200 on Maximum. A high overclock, with 100% fan speed, netted 6162. Is that jump even worth it? I'm still going to lower a few settings to get better FPS in-game.

CaLe

Didn't get any reply on this, can we also play tomorrow if we originally bought the game when it first came out?

If yes, we only have to re-subscribe?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom