• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

crozier

I've been cooking food all day so that I don't have to cook for a while.

Sweet potato black bean chili

Chicken and white bean chili
Umm, recipes please. Thanks!

Food aside, I should be set for the weekend. I'm going into this game completely blind. I played beta through part of the tutorial, but never even saw combat. Game was pretty enough, impressions positive enough, and price low enough that I impulse bought the digital download.

Now I need to decide between Monk and Marauder....

BLCKATK

Didn't get any reply on this, can we also play tomorrow if we originally bought the game when it first came out?

If yes, we only have to re-subscribe?

Thanks

You can't play during early access unless you have Legacy (or you pre-ordered the game). If you just played 1.0 and didn't hit Legacy, then you won't be able to play till next Tuesday when the game released.

And then after 2 weeks up, you have to start paying a subscription for the game.

CaLe

You can't play during early access unless you have Legacy (or you pre-ordered the game). If you just played 1.0 and didn't hit Legacy, then you won't be able to play till next Tuesday when the game released.

And then after 2 weeks up, you have to start paying a subscription for the game.

Wow.. so early adopters are less entitled to early access than people who bought the game now?

Really sucks.

Has any one registered their 18 digit pre-order/early access code recently? I'm trying to register my wife's copy I got from greenman gaming and I'm getting:

"Error 3: There was a problem. Try again later"

Suppose I should wait till they start flipping some switches in about 7 hours.

This whole process has been a bit of a total mess. You enter an 18 digit code to get a 20 digit code to register on square-enix and for PS3 it sends you a 12 digit code?

Has any one registered their 18 digit pre-order/early access code recently? I'm trying to register my wife's copy I got from greenman gaming and I'm getting:

"Error 3: There was a problem. Try again later"

Suppose I should wait till they start flipping some switches in about 7 hours.

This whole process has been a bit of a total mess. You enter an 18 digit code to get a 20 digit code to register on square-enix and for PS3 it sends you a 12 digit code?

probably congestion. just keep trying. it'll eventually go through.

If I have a code for early access do I have to buy the psn digital copy to play later tonight? I've tried asking twice but this thread is moving lol

Thanks

mackaveli

If I have a code for early access do I have to buy the psn digital copy to play later tonight? I've tried asking twice but this thread is moving lol

Thanks

I believe you have till August 30th to actually register your game with the real code that comes from purchasing the game or you will not be able to continue playing until you do so.

Aesthet1c

So I never got to try any of the gathering in the beta, can anyone tell me how that works?

If I change my class to a miner to go out and collect ore, how am I supposed to kill stuff if I get attacked while mining?

B-Dex

Thanks

Register your code and get your ps3 code then it will download the game? You don't have to purchase a psn version.

Mechakira

Neo Member
So I never got to try any of the gathering in the beta, can anyone tell me how that works?

If I change my class to a miner to go out and collect ore, how am I supposed to kill stuff if I get attacked while mining?

As you level the gathering classes, you unlock several levels of Stealth that allow you to avoid increasingly higher level monsters. It reduces your movement speed though so you don`t want to just leave it on all the time.

Xux

You can attack with your pickaxe but you're probably better off running.

itschris

Does anyone know if at the end of phase 4 ultros was open again for character creation?

Yeah, it was. I got back from a trip on Sunday in time to at least make a character before the beta ended (I left on Thursday so I missed most of it). On my first attempt Ultros was closed, but I tried again after the maintenance and it was open.

SkyOdin

You don't kill stuff as a miner. My brother tried during the beta. He had his character, a level 9 or so botanist, try to kill a level 1 monster. It took forever and he got no experience for his effort. If you are attacked (or you accidentally try mining from a coblyn), then your only option is to run. Gathering classes rely on stealth to avoid monsters. That isn't really necessary for low levels though.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Wow.. so early adopters are less entitled to early access than people who bought the game now?

Really sucks.
Well they obviously consider legacy players true early adopters since they can get into the 2.0 endgame credits.

Possibly buying the game cheap a month before 1.0 registration closed did them no good.

Stoof

Haven't played too much of the beta, but I'm excited to join in tomorrow! I plan on making a character on Ultros (if it's not full) to be part of the FC there.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Multiple of level 50 dungeons, Primal Fights, Behemoth/Odin FATEs, and 8 man raid: Bahumut's Dominion (Coil).

The 24man content (Crystal Tower) won't be released until patch 2.1

so, no 24man content.

Yoshi-P said:
"One of the reasons that The Old Republic tripped up was because BioWare didn't have endgame content prepared in time. We hope to have a lot of end content ready."
*head-thump on the wall*

jiggle

someone tell me how custom retainer appearance work plz ' ,'
i missed P4
can i recreate the looks of my retainers from 1.0 without losing the items they hold?

Aesthet1c

So I had an extra early access code that I gave to a friend, and when he tries to redeem it, he keeps getting error 3. However, under his account page, it does show FF XIV ARR in his games section, and it shows as registered today. He never got his 20 digit code though.

Is there something else he could try? Does he just need to wait and hope an email comes that includes his code?

Reveirg

Is there a summary of the 2.0 ARR story so far?

I did pay attention during the cutscenes, but after reading 1.0's detailed summary/lore, I'm curious to see how it relates.

A few 2.0 spoilers (up to level 20 storyline):

After first riding an airship, a cutscene played with 2 villains.
Were these 2 villains in 1.0?
Is the one in armor Gaeus? What was he planning to do exactly?

Korezo

Crafting is going to be way harder to lvl now.. From phase 4 I noticed that now when u do tradecraft leves you get none of the materials like in 1.0... Now crafting gonna drain all your damn Gil... Should of abused the game in 1.0...

Rootbeer

Banned
really hate myself for not getting legacy when i had the chance... or the 1.0 CE when it was like $18 on clearance for that matter.

Xux

so retainer NPC will have an option that opens up character creation?
Yeah, when you go to hire retainers, the first two you can hire will have your original retainers names and items. You set their appearance and personality as you would a new retainer and then, when you access them, they'll have your items.
Is there a summary of the 2.0 ARR story so far?

I did pay attention during the cutscenes, but after reading 1.0's detailed summary/lore, I'm curious to see how it relates.

A few 2.0 spoilers (up to level 20 storyline):

After first riding an airship, a cutscene played with 2 villains.
Were these 2 villains in 1.0?
Is the one in armor Gaeus? What was he planning to do exactly?
The one in front was Gaius. Planning when? In 1.0, he was building forces for his invasion and then aiding/sabotaging Darnus in the Seventh Umbral Era story. In ARR, he's going through with the invasion again.

jiggle

Yeah, when you go to hire retainers, the first two you can hire will have your original retainers names and items. You set their appearance and personality as you would a new retainer and then, when you access them, they'll have your items.

thanks
good that we can finally do this
the premade retainers all kinda sucked

So I had an extra early access code that I gave to a friend, and when he tries to redeem it, he keeps getting error 3. However, under his account page, it does show FF XIV ARR in his games section, and it shows as registered today. He never got his 20 digit code though.

Is there something else he could try? Does he just need to wait and hope an email comes that includes his code?

I have exactly the same situation. Keep getting Error 3. And the game shows up in the games section as registered 'tomorrow' the 24th August.

Reveirg

The one in front was Gaius. Planning when? In 1.0, he was building forces for his invasion and then aiding/sabotaging Darnus in the Seventh Umbral Era story. In ARR, he's going through with the invasion again.

Thanks, that's what I thought.

Were the characters surrounding him in 1.0, too?

BLCKATK

so, no 24man content.

*head-thump on the wall*

It really depends on your viewing of endgame. Labyrinth of Bahumat (8 man) is end game and Yoshida says it's really difficult, harder then Crystal Tower. Before that, we have the Level 50 dungeons that will drop Darklight. While doing that, you will have Hard mode primal fights, and the quest for Relic. And before even that, you got two Lv. 50 FATES to tackle.

In my opinion that's a lot of stuff, especially for a game where leveling multiple classes, trying gathering and crafting, and proceeding through the story is the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom