• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

burgerdog

Is amazon really letting people cancel pre-orders after they use their early access codes? Wow, what an oversight, friend just text me how he ordered and canceled right after he used his code. That's pretty funny if they didn't expect people to do that.

Riposte

Still can't decide what aesthetics I want on my character since there's nothing functional really that distinguishes them. :(

Are there pictures of what gear for every class is supposed to look like or are the pics from the art book pretty good representation?

Art book probably works. If you like your characters wearing pants or not having their stomachs exposed, play a male.

The song is the above link is Answers. It is the game's main theme since 1.0.

Xux

Still can't decide what aesthetics I want on my character since there's nothing functional really that distinguishes them. :(

Are there pictures of what gear for every class is supposed to look like or are the pics from the art book pretty good representation?
Try here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1iaccu/racial_gear_and_af/
The first part is "Answers".

Easily bought? There hasn't been a full or close to it ARR OST announced.

chrono01

Okay, quick! With just a few short hours left before Early Access [and, thus, the creation of my FINAL character for A Realm Reborn], I now ask, nay plead, to help decide on a hair/eye color.

I know, it doesn't really matter since a Barbershop will be available at/near launch, but even still I am struggling with the decision. I'm pretty confident on the hairstyle, since I despise how the other ones emphasize the longer neck, but hair/eye color final choice eludes me.

I'm kind of siding with Choice A, since there will already be a lot of white-haired Hyur/Miqo'te/etc. running around and I like the way the blonde hair clashes with the blue eyes, but even still...

Choice A:

itDZhy6dfejtl.jpg

Choice B:

You determine my fate...or at least the appearance.

Just under 4 hours to go!

Pachinko

I'm actually very interested in picking this up on tuesday, early access means little to me really. In fact I get the feeling it will only make tuesday better for everyone else.

Only curiosity though, I've kept the open beta on my computer because I noticed it was called version 1.0 instead of 0.9 like phase 3 , as well the title of the program no longer made reference to it being a beta.

So, come tuesday can I simply buy a CD key from square enix and add it to my account, patch up and start playing ? Or would it be easier to buy a retail PC copy ? (this is assuming there aren't server issues)

Varna

There was no reason for something that crushing to an mmo newbie to be at that level with nothing to prepare them for it. It's literally comes out of no where, and if they die they have to do the entire first half all over again as well.

Level 15 is a good point to end the tutorial (you leave your starting city and everything) and at that point the game should be putting you in situations were you might have to think a bit more then just spamming combos until things die. You know, have a little regard for things like HP, MP and TP? Maybe at this point creatures can differ from one another in something other then appearance and the rare status effect or special attack. It doesn't even seem like creatures have much in the way of resistance to anything. Axe attacks, magic attacks, it's all the same to them.

Phase 3 was just pretty underwhelming. I saw a lot of cool looking stuff in the higher levels of that phase (what was it, 20 or so?). But you see their level and meh, I can beat em just like I did those lady bugs at level 1. It looks like phase 4 nerfed things even more so..

chrono01

I'm actually very interested in picking this up on tuesday, early access means little to me really. In fact I get the feeling it will only make tuesday better for everyone else.

Only curiosity though, I've kept the open beta on my computer because I noticed it was called version 1.0 instead of 0.9 like phase 3 , as well the title of the program no longer made reference to it being a beta.

So, come tuesday can I simply buy a CD key from square enix and add it to my account, patch up and start playing ? Or would it be easier to buy a retail PC copy ? (this is assuming there aren't server issues)
If you're still using the previous Beta client, you need to download a new one [that was released in-time for Phase 4].

I'm not entirely sure if you can install the Phase 4/Early Access client without logging into an account [I don't believe so, since that starts the patching process]. If you're buying an online CD key, though, that should automatically activate your account [for Early Access/Pre-Order Bonus Items], and you should be able to begin the installation process now.

Animekatt

Okay, quick! With just a few short hours left before Early Access [and, thus, the creation of my FINAL character for A Realm Reborn], I now ask, nay plead, to help decide on a hair/eye color.

I know, it doesn't really matter since a Barbershop will be available at/near launch, but even still I am struggling with the decision. I'm pretty confident on the hairstyle, since I despise how the other ones emphasize the longer neck, but hair/eye color final choice eludes me.

I'm kind of siding with Choice A, since there will already be a lot of white-haired Hyur/Miqo'te/etc. running around and I like the way the blonde hair clashes with the blue eyes, but even still...

Choice A:

Choice B:

You wanna look like Cloud, or Dante? :p
I'd go for A personally.

chrono01

You wanna look like Cloud, or Dante? :p
I'd go for A personally.
Hmm, now that is a great question!

*chrono01 flips a coin*

*coin lands on its edge*

...Well that is just infuriating!

Thanks for the advice! I think I'll go with my former instinct [and yours] and stick with Choice A. :)

Xux

Dumb question, but have to ask.

I'm not breaking any rules by streaming this when it comes out tonight right??
You are. The NDA is still in effect and they said they'll permaban offenders. No video 'til release on the 27th.

chrono01

Dumb question, but have to ask.

I'm not breaking any rules by streaming this when it comes out tonight right??
Apparently you still need permission from Square-Enix as was posted earlier by a person who's streaming the Early Access and asked for permission ahead of time.

As for whether or not they would seek to shut down the streams without permission is another matter entirely.

Actually, from what Xux said, I wouldn't chance it!

Boss Man

Choice A:
itDZhy6dfejtl.jpg

Choice B:
i4C71NNwOSF4O.jpg

Choice C:
images

My vote:

949_0.jpg

Choice A:

Choice B:

Choice A, for sure.

Also, everyone have the client downloaded and update for 4 hours from now? :D

Xux

Apparently you still need permission from Square-Enix as was posted earlier by a person who's streaming the Early Access and asked for permission ahead of time.

As for whether or not they would seek to shut down the streams without permission is another matter entirely.

Actually, from what Xux said, I wouldn't chance it!
A lot of people on the Beta forums wanted that YouTube/twitch money and hunted people down, lol. I dunno what exactly they do about streams, though, just what the NDA message said when you logged in.
Cut it out; you're gonna make me wanna roll male Roegadyn. :(

Qvoth

so guys, is the 1 gb update only available if you have early access?
tried to update last night but i got the page where it says mogstation is required blablabla

chrono01

Haha, thanks for that image.

That's far too much manliness for me to handle, though.

Choice A, for sure.

Also, everyone have the client downloaded and update for 4 hours from now? :D
Much appreciated. Choice A it is!

I have my client ready-and-waiting to go! Not much time left now.

A lot of people on the Beta forums wanted that YouTube/twitch money and hunted people down, lol. I dunno what exactly they do about streams, though, just what the NDA message said when you logged in.
Cut it out; you're gonna make me wanna roll male Roegadyn. :(
Yeah, the legal departments can be scary, for sure. Basically, if you're not 100% sure on something it's probably best not to do it.

I know I wouldn't want my FFXIV account shut down just days before launch. That would be incredibly depressing.

Telaso

Banned
I went and read everything over again that talks about the rules and policies. I saw nothing that referred to sharing the content of the game. Anyone got a source on the early access rules?

Boss Man

Some things have been nerfed.. like the lv 15 story quest.. and some of the lv 15 class quests have been made easier. A lot of people had trouble with those in phase 3, so I'm not surprised they made them easier.. considering that they want this game to appeal to the broader market, including first-time mmorpg players.

I'll be reasonably satisfied as long as the challenge increases with level along the way.
I just want the game to open up. I don't want all of my progression to be on the Duty Finder snack menu. Wish there was some optional stuff with significant rewards to set people apart. I want it to open up a lot geographically (dungeons are very straightforward, enter here / exit there type things) and progression wise. I'm not optimistic...but this game is just too beautiful not to play right now.

Just as a heads up, this was posted on the forums just a little bit ago.

[NA] Error 3035 Occurring While Creating New Character (Aug. 23)

We have identified an issue where in some cases on the Create New Character Screen and clicking the "UPDATE" button on the World Selection Screen, an error message that says "The lobby server connection has encountered an error 3035", and new Character creation cannot be done.

When this error appears, we ask our players to either restart the client program, or go back to the Title Screen once and go through the new Character creation process again.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/65234-NA-Error-3035-Occurring-While-Creating-New-Character-%28Aug.-23%29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom