• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

The most amazing thing of ARR launch is that they managed to release a mmorpg in 2013 WITHOUT AN AUTO-SORT FUNCTION (One that works, i mean).

Anyway, got Miner to 50 finally, yay.

ALRD3iG.jpg

Not sure how much money I can make out of it, since mining high-level stuff seem something pretty accessible and straightforward. Just go into the zone, mine the unspoiled node and hope ppl are not stupid enough to undercut too much.

At least getting the whole HQ set capped was sorta fun, I guess...? And I'll have something to do while I wait for shout in Mor Dhora!

Kenai

Not sure how much money I can make out of it, since mining high-level stuff seem something pretty accessible and straightforward. Just go into the zone, mine the unspoiled node and hope ppl are not stupid enough to undercut too much.

It's not as much money as turning the mats you gather into HQ stuff, but it's a tidy profit and easy enough. Socketing some Materia into HQ AF (looks like you did) should get you enough perception to be able to Brute Force the Unspoiled nodes for HQ mats too, which means more money.

Taruranto

It's not as much money as turning the mats you gather into HQ stuff, but it's a tidy profit and easy enough. Socketing some Materia into HQ AF (looks like you did) should get you enough perception to be able to Brute Force the Unspoiled nodes for HQ mats too, which means more money.

I don't craft unfortunately. Though with my gears and a bit of luck i can get to 20+ Gold Ores per node (iirc), not bad I guess.

Jayhawk

Anybody start playing this game recently? A friend just bought the game and wanted to know if there is a free trial period and how do you get it?

supergiz

So I was just moving my monitor so I could fish in bed and I pulled too hard, dislodging my video card. Game is crashing now. How screwed am I?

WolvenOne

Anybody start playing this game recently? A friend just bought the game and wanted to know if there is a free trial period and how do you get it?

While I did hear something about Square offering free trial periods eventually, there hasn't been anything announced yet. The games still fairly new, and still selling some without heavy promotion, so free trials are probably a little premature.

no FC or linkshells on ragnarok? And i cant move to ultros either, this is depressing :[

I live on Ragnarok and messaged a few of the people on the list when I started but none of them were in or had started a shell.
I'm not even sure if being in a GAF shell would work well for me since my playtimes are so random and I live in Australia, but perhaps we could start one? and just recruit non gaffers that are friendly and helpful :)

Resilient

Any insight on how to get in the GAF FC? I've registered on the Guildworks site but not sure what to expect from here onwards? I see heaps of people in Ultros in the FC and send them tells, but nobody actually posts on GAF haha.

DaBuddaDa

Anyone else getting "unable to update the group na/eu character list?" I didn't think there was maintenance going on right now.

Resilient

OMG, my heart is dying. I just found out why I can never add this people I DF with - cross server instances and I can never find them after :(

The worst part about this one is that the guy assured me he would find me. Only for it to not work once we left the DF. And then I Google and find it's because of cross-server...why...why...so lonely GAF...so lonely :(

Any insight on how to get in the GAF FC? I've registered on the Guildworks site but not sure what to expect from here onwards? I see heaps of people in Ultros in the FC and send them tells, but nobody actually posts on GAF haha.

You need to send /tell to one of FC officers when they are online to request a spot

Maple Cookie - Guild Master
Capell Percipere - Officer
Safflower Amariyo - Officer
Strawberry Shortcake - Officer
Xarielle Randgris - Officer

OMG, my heart is dying. I just found out why I can never add this people I DF with - cross server instances and I can never find them after :(

The worst part about this one is that the guy assured me he would find me. Only for it to not work once we left the DF. And then I Google and find it's because of cross-server...why...why...so lonely GAF...so lonely :(

Next month, we'll have a party board where we can look for parties and members on the same server based on many search filters. It's basically single-server duty finder.

Resilient

You need to send /tell to one of FC officers when they are online to request a spot

Maple Cookie - Guild Master
Capell Percipere - Officer
Safflower Amariyo - Officer
Strawberry Shortcake - Officer
Xarielle Randgris - Officer

AH cheers, OK will do when they're online. What's your username again btw?

Next month, we'll have a party board where we can look for parties and members on the same server based on many search filters. It's basically single-server duty finder.

This will make things better. I've made friends with a few people only to see them lost forever afterwards..it's tough :(

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Bumped into this sexy Roe, very Resilient character =D

Gave him some welcoming presents ^_^

If they're really cool people, you can just look them up on the Lodestone to keep in touch. That's what I do.

Boss Man

As promised, I still have my eye on this game despite being sort of let down by the beta.

Can anyone tell me if there have been any changes since then?

Specifically:
Does the world still feel kind of small?
Open dungeons?
Is there any progression that happens off of DF?
Rare lootz for optimizing that not everyone will be getting?
Have they made any changes to the combat system?
Do jobs feel more unique and interesting?

Might want to check this game back out when the PS4 version hits if they're addressing any of that. There were a lot of things to like.

Alucrid

Banned
As promised, I still have my eye on this game despite being sort of let down by the beta.

Specifically:
Open dungeons?

Might want to check this game back out when the PS4 version hits if they're addressing any of that. There were a lot of things to like.

Um, no? Kinda? Depends.
Huh? They're all instanced if that's what you mean.
Story progression requires dungeons, you don't need to DF them, but you do need to group to do them.
Not really. Maybe achievement items, but they generally aren't about stats.
Not really, not yet.
I think they all feel fairly different and I have all jobs except PLD unlocked.

WolvenOne

Specifically:
Open dungeons?

First MMO, so I don't really have enough context to help you.
Eh, there are a few areas on the overworld map, that're fairly heavily guarded, that you have to infiltrate at certain points in order to progress the story. They're a little on the modest size though, so I don't think most players consider them full dungeons.

Some, but it's mostly endgame progression. There are a couple boss fights you cannot use the Duty Finder for, nor can you use the Duty Finder for Bahamuts Binding Coil, the games currently sole raid content.

Yes, the Allagan armor sets are pretty rare, I haven't seen many people walking around wearing Allagan sets. The stuff only drops in Coil, after beating bosses, so while almost everyone will have a piece eventually, most people will probably be using AF2 armor instead, as it's easier to collect the full set of that.

The jobs are indeed fairly unique feeling, though Marauder and Gladiator apparently feel pretty similar until each evolves into Warrior and Paladin.

Getting in on the game during the PS4 launch, is probably a good time. Not only will 2.1 be out, but they should be pretty close to 2.2 by that point. So the amount of content available in the game should be considerably richer by that point.

Granted, it's still holding my attention fairly well, despite the fact that I'm nearing the end of the endgame content. I'm an MMO newb though, so I'm sure I'm a lot easier to please.

WolvenOne

So, I've been asked to sub in one of the Static coil groups tonight. (7 Eastern.)

Of course I've had to jump at that, since it'll give me a good chance to learn the next few fights with a group that knows them well. I kinda feel bad about the group I did Coil with earlier this week though. That group wasn't really billed as a static Coil, but I have the feeling it'll evolve in that direction. Hopefully they can find a sub though, because I don't think I can really turn down an opportunity to learn the fights from a group that already knows how. Seeing as how I'll then be able to pass that info along to others in the future.

In case anyone from that group is reading this though. I'd suggest trying to shanghai Mu Pod, or Susol Mars if they're online. I'm fairly certain neither of them have beaten Coil 1 just yet. XD

Specifically:
Open dungeons?

I'm just gonna recommend you stay away from it for a bit, none of that stuff you asked has really been addressed and there's a complete lack of endgame content. Most people log in for hours a week to cap myth then log out till Coil or next weeks cap.

WolvenOne

I'm just gonna recommend you stay away from it for a bit, none of that stuff you asked has really been addressed and there's a complete lack of endgame content. Most people log in for hours a week to cap myth then log out till Coil or next weeks cap.

Most people are missing out on a lot of fun. I've had hours of enjoyment this week, helping people out in earlier dungeons, or with NM's like Lazy Lawrence. Why, just last night I spent a couple hours helping a Gaffer get her Titan HM kill for her Relic weapon. That was a lot of fun, even if there was much wiping. XD

While I'd probably agree that somebody whom has played MMO's for years and years, should probably wait till at least 2.1, to fill out the end game content a bit, to say that the only thing to do is to cap Myth is a biiiit of an over statement.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
I live on Ragnarok and messaged a few of the people on the list when I started but none of them were in or had started a shell.
I'm not even sure if being in a GAF shell would work well for me since my playtimes are so random and I live in Australia, but perhaps we could start one? and just recruit non gaffers that are friendly and helpful :)

after like 20 titan attempts i broke down and just made a new char on Ultros.

Taruranto

Specifically:
Open dungeons?

What are you looking for: FFXI

What this game will be about: WoW with a FF reskin.

I say leave it.

WolvenOne

What are you looking for: FFXI

What this game will be about: WoW with a FF reskin.

I say leave it.

Actually there's one feature in Ffxiv that practically makes it the only real option for me. Decent game pad controls. I tried playing this with a mouse and keyboard only, and it felt awkward as heck!

From what I understand, most MMOs with game pad support, are far less well thought out. Hopefully other MMOs look at XIV and emulate this feature, for now though this is the only game in town for me.

after like 20 titan attempts i broke down and just made a new char on Ultros.

Are server transfers down again? Or is Ultros too heavily populated for transfers?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Actually there's one feature in Ffxiv that practically makes it the only real option for me. Decent game pad controls. I tried playing this with a mouse and keyboard only, and it felt awkward as heck!

From what I understand, most MMOs with game pad support, are far less well thought out. Hopefully other MMOs look at XIV and emulate this feature, for now though this is the only game in town for me.

Are server transfers down again? Or is Ultros too heavily populated for transfers?

i was on ragnarok, square has a stupid rule, if you are on a legacy server you can only move to a legacy server.

ultros is not a legacy server.

square are doodoo heads.

Aeroangel

Banned
So I've been working on my level 38 paladin, but I thought I'd go back and try out my level 34 scholar in longstop.

We clear the first round of trash no issue.. get to the first boss and I notice Eos is gone, and I guess I noobed it up by trying to summon her real quick after topping off the tank... tank dies (noob mistake my bad!)

2 seconds later, Tank: what are you doing jerking off?

I left immediately after that, but it was a rude awakening to the community after mainly doing dungeons with my FC!

falastini

Somebody was asking about PLD skills and if the enmity bonus procs if you don't combo. The answer is yes, in case others are curious. The game isn't too clear about that fact.

Check out this table http://valk.dancing-mad.com/?page_id=231

I'll use war skills as an example, as I am most familiar with them.

Skull Sunder and Butchers Block(BB) only do 100 potency when they're not combo'd, but they still have enmity modifiers. According to that table they're x3 and x5, respectively. That makes Butchers Block a solid tool for snap threat if your combo isn't ready. Tomahawk works well too, but it costs more TP to use. If the mob is in melee range your better off using BB or flash of you have ample MP. This has worked well for me when my combo wasn't ready and I needed quick threat... like Garuda HM or Cadacaus.

blackflag

Haven't played in over a month. Decided to log in today. It says no Square Eniz account exists under my email address....hacked I guess. Maybe support will figure it out. If not, no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom