• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
after like 20 titan attempts i broke down and just made a new char on Ultros.

Aww man, it's sad to lose more good players but I understand your decision. I struggled from garuda to titan and I've been tempted to migrate, but there are good players out there and I hope that Ragnarok can find a decent community (I've met some really friendly German and French players that are just fun to listen to on teamspeak).

I spent 2 weeks on Garuda with my paladin farming my garuda weapon but most of that 2 weeks wasn't spent defeating her but showing other players the ropes while refining my own strategy (I relied on duty finder).

Then I spent the next 3 weeks making my own Titan parties, first teaching myself then finding out which party makeups worked well. That was a really challenging and frustrating 3 weeks. I had people leave my parties because we wiped on the first attempt, I had to kick people from the party from being complete jerks, and there were a couple times where people would just afk while I was filling out the party then I would lose players while we waited for them to return, then when they returned they'd complain that I still hadn't filled the party... and all of this was before even giving titan a decent run for his money.

But in the end my persistence won and I eventually formed a party that was capable, friendly and forgiving, and after 3 wipes in the final phase we got him. Shouts for selling relic weapons 'hydra to titan for one low price' have picked up, and I'm thinking of going out there and offering free assistance to people that are considering ruining the game for themselves (forming parties with pick up players, going over battle strategies in game [not sending people to youtube] and enjoying some good ol' partying)

Aww man, it's sad to lose more good players but I understand your decision. I struggled from garuda to titan and I've been tempted to migrate, but there are good players out there and I hope that Ragnarok can find a decent community (I've met some really friendly German and French players that are just fun to listen to on teamspeak).

I spent 2 weeks on Garuda with my paladin farming my garuda weapon but most of that 2 weeks wasn't spent defeating her but showing other players the ropes while refining my own strategy (I relied on duty finder).

Then I spent the next 3 weeks making my own Titan parties, first teaching myself then finding out which party makeups worked well. That was a really challenging and frustrating 3 weeks. I had people leave my parties because we wiped on the first attempt, I had to kick people from the party from being complete jerks, and there were a couple times where people would just afk while I was filling out the party then I would lose players while we waited for them to return, then when they returned they'd complain that I still hadn't filled the party... and all of this was before even giving titan a decent run for his money.

But in the end my persistence won and I eventually formed a party that was capable, friendly and forgiving, and after 3 wipes in the final phase we got him. Shouts for selling relic weapons 'hydra to titan for one low price' have picked up, and I'm thinking of going out there and offering free assistance to people that are considering ruining the game for themselves (forming parties with pick up players, going over battle strategies in game [not sending people to youtube] and enjoying some good ol' partying)

You have a fantastic attitude.

I wish more people who played MMOs were like you.

Apoptomon

Anyone else had this happen recently? Or know what its about?
9AUQrGv.png

Ken

The same reason Blood for Blood can't be LNC 2 or something.

quelling strikes helps in the early dungeons at level 15 when your tanks dont even have their full emnity combos yet

blood 4 blood is unnecessary for those early dungeons since the 20% increase at low levels is a joke

my reasoning is flawless pls fix this square

If more people could realise that there's fun to be had in helping others I think the attitude would spread. Tonight I had a bit of spare time so I helped a group take down garuda and get a weapon or two. It's more rewarding than grinding dungeons and making millions (wish I could hehe) and the feeling of reward lasts longer.

quelling strikes helps in the early dungeons at level 15 when your tanks dont even have their full emnity combos yet

blood 4 blood is unnecessary for those early dungeons since the 20% increase at low levels is a joke

my reasoning is flawless pls fix this square

I should bring up how Mantra is MNK 42 also. This is aggravating.

Why is it impossible? The game supports both USB and bluetooth keyboards.

Hah, yeah but I didn't have any spare keyboards laying around and using the d-pad to type things out is horrible.

Ended up ordering one of those wireless PS3 keypads after I typed that message, that should help.

frequency

Haven't played in over a month. Decided to log in today. It says no Square Eniz account exists under my email address....hacked I guess. Maybe support will figure it out. If not, no big deal.

This may be a dumb question but: Did you subscribe? This isn't a free to play game.

Just learnt the hard way how horrible primal HM DF is. Out of 6 runs (5 Ifrit, 1 Garuda), people quitted after 1st wipe 3 times, elitist douchbags quitted before start 1 time, and people kept getting hit by stupid attack like Ifrit Charge. My quest to beat Titan HM seems so far away.

dramatis

In which Vincent Knightly is breakdancing a Soul Collector into submission:

bnrnX4i.jpg

And here I thought monks were just about punching and kicking.

On a different note, some places do actually look quite charming.

So did anyone else not have dst kick in on there in game clock. It says 10:01 on mines and it's 9:01 my time. I'm in the central time zone
edit: NVM I think I had to change it in my psn settings. Why I have to go to settings and change it to DST when it's connected to the internet I don't know.

orion434

Got Botany to lv 50 yesterday, to add to my lv 50 Mining. How do others manage the dual times of Darksteel / Crawler Cocoons + Gold / Spruce Lumber? I was using 600 CP to get 35% HQ, can't get another 600 CP before the node disappears :(

Got Botany to lv 50 yesterday, to add to my lv 50 Mining. How do others manage the dual times of Darksteel / Crawler Cocoons + Gold / Spruce Lumber? I was using 600 CP to get 35% HQ, can't get another 600 CP before the node disappears :(

What combo are you using?

Using Unearth/Leaf's Turn II and Sharp Vision/Field Mastery II only cost me 400 CP and that combo gives me 31%HQ and 100% gathering chance while also giving me enough time to comfortably gather Darksteel and Crawler Cocoons within the same 3 hour Eorzean time period (without using potions).

SE said:
All Worlds Maintenance (Nov. 4)

------------------------------------------------------------

At the following time, in order to address high server stress, we will be performing maintenance on all Worlds. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

* The World transfer service will be suspended 15 minutes before maintenance begins, and will be unavailable until maintenance has ended.

[Date & Time]

From Nov. 4, 2013 9:00 p.m. to Nov. 5, 2013 1:00 a.m. (PST)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]

- FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

One can only hope they could fix the around the clock rubber banding I've been getting lately.

So I just hit 50WAR yesterday and considering my other class is 50BLM I'm somewhat lost with this complex class. What cross-skills should I be going for, rotation tips and also just general qol tips to make my WAR career better? Even though I've got no idea what I'm doing mainly it's still so much more fun to play then BLM.

Torquill

I'm on Balmung, and my Linkshell Blacklisted runs people through titan for free all the time. Whenever people try selling titan's the Rev Toll shouts usually start with "don't pay for it. Wait for blacklisted to so their free runs".

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

Welcome to the double Gathering Bonanza

You can really push yourself even with 573 GP, no f'n joke

Here's my schedule:
HP favorited are Costa + Mor Dhona + Hawthorne Hut + Drybone (Return Point!)
MINER & Botany
(Eorzea Time)
Slot #1 - Grade 4 Carbonized Matter
Slot #2 - Lightning Cluster
Slot #3 - Fire Cluster
Slot #4 - Wind Cluster
Slot #5 - Water Cluster
Slot #6 - Ice Cluster
Slot #7 - Earth Cluster

1:00AM (Mine/Botany)
#1 - Coerthas Central Highlands - #3 - Darksteel Ore <port>
#2 - Eastern Shroud (Hawthorne Hut) - #4 - Crawler Cocoons <port>
#3 - Mor Dhona - #2-7 - Clusters

5:00AM (Botany)
#1 - Mor Dhona - #2-7 - Clusters
<Return> (Eastern Thanalan)

<Button Mushroom> leave @8:30am, get to node ASAP

9:00 AM (Mine/Botany)
#1 - Eastern Thanalan - #6 - Gold Ore <port>
#2 - Costa del Sol - #4 - Prickly Pineapple <port> (Up to you to farm, sell slow, better to try HQ juice and sell that)
#3 - Mor Dhona - #2-7 - Clusters

1:00 PM (Mine/Botany)
<Return>
#2 - Eastern Thanlan - #7 - Black Truffles

<Button Mushroom> leave around 6:30pm (don't just rush to MD for 5:00PM, harvest up at least 40+ shrooms)

5:00 PM (Mine)

9:00 PM (Mine)
(Just zone in, no reason to portthere)
#2 - Coerthas - #7 - Astral Rock

REPEAT!

There you go, that's my 1 hour run around through Eorzea, remember it will cost you roughly 1,200 gil per one hour, cheaper if your FC has Teleport buff up
You can grab at least 90 clusters of 1 element in one hour, use the warding elemental skill + sharp vision/field mastery II

orion434

What combo are you using?

Using Unearth/Leaf's Turn II and Sharp Vision/Field Mastery II only cost me 400 CP and that combo gives me 31%HQ and 100% gathering chance while also giving me enough time to comfortably gather Darksteel and Crawler Cocoons within the same 3 hour Eorzean time period (without using potions).

I was using the 300 CP Out of Reach action. I would get 6 hits and with the last one a 100% HQ if I hit all 5 @ 90% your method is much better :)

Server (Ultros) seemed to be quite laggy today, I thought it was just me because I'm from Europe but the so called "European servers" are hosted at the same location as the NA servers so there's no difference. I guess Ultros is just a crowded server?

First dungeon failure today as well, ran out of time on the last boss in Dzemael Darkhold. Quests seemed to have dried up at level 44, I was hoping to get close to 50 on atleast one class before having to resort to FATE grinding.

MechaX

I have been sitting on a lot of Myth stones for a few weeks now, and I'm wondering how should I spend them.

Assuming I'm a Bard, would it be better to spend it on my Relic+1 weapon, some set of Myth armor, or save it and hope I get comparable armor when I eventually run Coil (or save it for an alt job's relic+1)?

jiien

Hey Bongo Bandits, I probably will not make it back on tonight. Went AFK to get dinner, and I need to sleep really early tonight for some extra early work nonsense tomorrow morning. If you happen to attempt Coil 1 tonight, don't wait up for me and good luck! (It should be easy to replace me!)

wrongway

Hey Bongo Bandits, I probably will not make it back on tonight. Went AFK to get dinner, and I need to sleep really early tonight for some extra early work nonsense tomorrow morning. If you happen to attempt Coil 1 tonight, don't wait up for me and good luck! (It should be easy to replace me!)

np duder, I've gotta call it a night a bit on the early side myself. Might just play some BF4 and watch the Giantbomb stream for a bit. \o/

I think Garuda is easier if the group know how to move. With Ifrit we shit out of luck if we don't have BLM or SMN (unless we have a very good melee of course).

Taruranto

I think Garuda is easier if the group know how to move. With Ifrit we shit out of luck if we don't have BLM or SMN (unless we have a very good melee of course).

No, I agree with you.

Some groups don't even bother killing feathers anymore, and she doesn't have plumes like Ifrit. (meaning you can't get fucked by the server latency)

Paprikka

Best titan kill ever just now. Took almost 18 minutes with only a single dps and Titan went up to 10 stomps, but we got it. Not sure if we would've lasted any longer since I got gaol'd at the end and he died right before the next round of stomps but was still pretty awesome.

Congrats!! Did you do PLD/WAR?

Unknown finished getting his PLD stuff so we've been running PLD/PLD all this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom