• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

War is a bit more involved though. Their mitigation is a lot more dependent on which rotations they're using, and if they have sufficient stacks. So there's more to juggle and keep track of as War.

That makes them a bit more fun to me, as PLD mitigation seems a bit passive in comparison. I just wish the WAR mitigation has a higher pay off.

No doubt, but even then, doing T1-5 with either becomes super rote. I keep hearing people going one class is more fun or more exciting than the other, but essentially it's the same deal, popping the same rotation as they come. The only reason WAR seems more exciting is specifically because the returns on its skills are shit.

1.0 WAR was incredibly boring when it's leech skills worked. Just facerolling skills to regain all your HP. PLD has pretty much stayed the same. I've been playing both for so long, it just sort of mundane for me now.

If you have money to burn, you can scream through jobs one by one. If you want to be extremely self-sufficient, you level horizontally.

I've been leveling up only my CRP to lv30 and realize it's bad idea. Too much money spent every 5 lv or so for equipments and materials are getting expensive as I level up. I think leveling multi-class simultaneously is the way to do it.

WolvenOne

No doubt, but even then, doing T1-5 with either becomes super rote. I keep hearing people going one class is more fun or more exciting than the other, but essentially it's the same deal, popping the same rotation as they come. The only reason WAR seems more exciting is specifically because the returns on its skills are shit.

1.0 WAR was incredibly boring when it's leech skills worked. Just facerolling skills to regain all your HP. PLD has pretty much stayed the same. I've been playing both for so long, it just sort of mundane for me now.

I'd think that last point is likely a bigger factor then you think. I'm new to the MMO genre, so neither method should be boring to me just yet. Regardless, PLD always ends up a lot more passive to me. One button and you're done, as opposed to the somewhat complex juggling that goes on for War.

Now you are right that, WAR being less overpowered, does make the class a bit more fun be default, since you have to work at it more. Regardless, even on bosses where I'm getting nowhere near death, I still end up having more to do with WAR than I would with PLD.

o6yEARP.jpg

+1 Obtained. :)

Nice! What order did you spend your myth? I just got my relic, and I have the AF + 1 body piece (picked it up before taking down titan). Should I +1 Omnilex next or get some of the other AF + 1 pieces?

studyguy

I'd think that last point is likely a bigger factor then you think. I'm new to the MMO genre, so neither method should be boring to me just yet. Regardless, PLD always ends up a lot more passive to me. One button and you're done, as opposed to the somewhat complex juggling that goes on for War.

Now you are right that, WAR being less overpowered, does make the class a bit more fun be default, since you have to work at it more. Regardless, even on bosses where I'm getting nowhere near death, I still end up having more to do with WAR than I would with PLD.

Oh no doubt, in the end both classes are reactive though. You can't tank Twin by simply popping a CD as they go up then eat a death sentence in full because you blew all your CD's at the wrong time, much in the way you can't just burn wrath actively and go yeah that WHM/SCH has me.

Both classes have their styles, it always bothers me to see one side of the pond say they have the harder boat to row when in the end it's all the same. Admittedly WAR a shitty paddle to row that boat with right now, but if YoshiP bumps them up to where they were pre-ARR, they should be fine.

WolvenOne

Oh no doubt, in the end both classes are reactive though. You can't tank Twin by simply popping a CD as they go up then eat a death sentence in full because you blew all your CD's at the wrong time, much in the way you can't just burn wrath actively and go yeah that WHM/SCH has me.

Both classes have their styles, it always bothers me to see one side of the pond say they have the harder boat to row when in the end it's all the same. Admittedly WAR a shitty paddle to row that boat with right now, but if YoshiP bumps them up to where they were pre-ARR, they should be fine.

Well, Thrill of Battle is a bit proactive, since it boosts your HP by 20%, but only for about 10 seconds. It's best used when you're expecting to take a massive hit, so you have to time it's use juuuuuust right. The short duration makes it pretty difficult to use though, since you don't have to be terribly far off for it to be entirely useless.

For the most part, yeah, both parties are reactive. The problem with War is that it's mitigation techniques aren't quite potent enough. I mean right now you have Bloodbath+Leech Rotation, which is only barely sufficient for mitigating mid level attacks, if you have emnity to burn. Then you have Inner beast, which is supposed to be your answer to large scale attacks, but isn't anywhere near sufficient for balancing out Titan HM or Coil bosses. (It'll buy you a few seconds for the Healers to catch up, but if a healer isn't paying attention, of one's wiped, a few seconds doesn't help much.)

In both cases, a little adjustment will go a long way towards fixing it though.

Edit: Bloodbath is fairly easy to fix of course. You either increase it's duration and make it generate a small amount of enmity, so you can safely use the Leech rotation simultaneously, or you just plain increase the potency of the leeching.

Inner Beast on the other hand, either needs to generate Heal a lot more, the Wrath price needs to be reduced, or the number of rotations needed to earn full Wrath needs to be reduced. Right now it takes 2 1/3rd rotations to get full Wrath, realistically it should be around two rotations flat, or less. It sounds like they're taking the later approach, or something awfully similar to it, I guess we'll see how well it works in 2.1

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Looks like my honeymoon phase with XIV is over, now it's a chore to log in and grind stuff

Just might go super casual and go back to Trophy Whoring

Lost that fun feeling (mostly due into part for the hype that is the PS4 launch and Battlefield 4 making me go bananas Tank Sniping from a mile away and destroying everything I can with the Frostbite 3 engine, lol)

Usually I was upbeat logging in and helping out doing stuff or just on my I own, whatever it maybe
I really think I went overboard in accumulating achievements from the game, rather then let them come to me, I chased after them really hard

Looks like for me it's cap myth 1-2 days, farm here and there, and only log in over the weekend

WolvenOne

Looks like my honeymoon phase with XIV is over, now it's a chore to log in and grind stuff

Lost that fun feeling (mostly due into part for the hype that is the PS4 launch and Battlefield 4 making me go bananas Tank Sniping from a mile away and destroying everything I can with the Frostbite 3 engine, lol)

Usually I was upbeat logging in and helping out doing stuff or just on my I own, whatever it maybe
I really think I went overboard in accumulating achievements from the game, rather then let them come to me, I chased after them really hard

Looks like for me it's cap myth 1-2 days, farm here and there, and only log in over the weekend

Eh, there are worse things than coasting a bit until 2.1 hits.

Mature

Hmmm. Anyone ever have any issues where you can't log in because your one-time password is erroneously failing? I haven't been on in a few weeks, and for whatever reason I was having log in trouble, and I think I've isolated that it's because my one-time password is failing. When I go to update my password in the account management system, that field is constantly incorrect. Don't know why this would be. =/

Aeana

Hmmm. Anyone ever have any issues where you can't log in because your one-time password is erroneously failing? I haven't been on in a few weeks, and for whatever reason I was having log in trouble, and I think I've isolated that it's because my one-time password is failing. When I go to update my password in the account management system, that field is constantly incorrect. Don't know why this would be. =/
Sounds like it desynched. There is a synchronization option in the app, if you're using one.

WolvenOne

Question.

I've been pushing for Coil, mainly out of fear that the Raid would be super nerfed in 2.1, and would cease being a real accomplishment if I didn't have it beaten by then.

Now, I'm wondering if I'm being totally irrational about that. Is it likely to be super nerfed by then? Have we heard anything to indicate that they'd be drastically reducing the difficulty? If not, I might just content myself with occasionally subbing for Coil, while leveling my sub classes to 50 and getting them through their Relic quests.

pitbull

Banned
Question.

I've been pushing for Coil, mainly out of fear that the Raid would be super nerfed in 2.1, and would cease being a real accomplishment if I didn't have it beaten by then.

Now, I'm wondering if I'm being totally irrational about that. Is it likely to be super nerfed by then? Have we heard anything to indicate that they'd be drastically reducing the difficulty? If not, I might just content myself with occasionally subbing for Coil, while leveling my sub classes to 50 and getting them through their Relic quests.

There's no 100% right answer, they've mentioned adding echo buffs to lower tiers of raids...but since its still going to be the highest tier I don't see why they would nerf the most difficult content. Be careful not to burn yourself out trying to do it tho, you cant put effort into it but there's nothing more annoying than the "omfgbbq gotta do this now right now wtf why cant I whargarbl <ragequit>" guy.

I'm planning on letting other melees rotate in for me once i get all of my gear to help the fc. Prolly be one of those twin baddies since they've been so much help to everyone and they're better players than me anyways.

studyguy

Question.

Honestly Coil is mainly difficult because you go into it super ungeared.
Darklight cuts it for 1-4. T5 is a fucking beast, but once you get i90 gear for most of your team, coil 1-4 is a joke. T5 is still a bitch in nearly full i90 though, especially for HP on non tanks. Not having 4k hp on your class is fucking painful. Also Death Sentence on a tank is basically 3/4ths of your HP if you don't mitigate and it happens all fucking day. God forbid Twin decides to hit you with something else immediately after.

I'd imagine once higher tier armors and weapons drop, coil 1-5 won't be so harsh either way.
By then we'll probably have 6-10 or something.

Lily

*sigh* i know that as a DRG, im not the best for speedruns, but now i get the feeling that people being paired up in the DF for AK or WP with DRG's are actually started to get pissed off. a lot of negativity shown towards me in the past few days (before we've even started the run).

WolvenOne

There's no 100% right answer, they've mentioned adding echo buffs to lower tiers of raids...but since its still going to be the highest tier I don't see why they would nerf the most difficult content. Be careful not to burn yourself out trying to do it tho, you cant put effort into it but there's nothing more annoying than the "omfgbbq gotta do this now right now wtf why cant I whargarbl <ragequit>" guy.

I'm planning on letting other melees rotate in for me once i get all of my gear to help the fc. Prolly be one of those twin baddies since they've been so much help to everyone and they're better players than me anyways.

Well, I don't really see myself burning out. Thankfully Dark Souls has trained me to handle gamer frustration well. Even if I didn't actually beat it, (had to start over after I bumped the attack button and aggroed one of the better NPC shopkeepers.)

I could see myself falling into despair mode if I tried daily for weeks and got nowhere. While I don't get angry, and I don't, "burn out," I do have confidence issues, and if I start feeling like I'm not measuring up after awhile I do start turning into a fairly depressing guy. Granted, I'm always very apologetic about it, and I always eventually snap out of it, but thats still a mental state I should probably avoid.

So, yeah, it might be a good idea to mostly focus on getting subclasses built up. The chances of me getting through Coil before 2.1, without a static, are pretty minimal anyway, and the group can always use more people that can jump between Tanking, DPSing, healing, and so on.

After running with many bad Ifrit/Garuda HM groups it made me realized how important BRD as supporter is: filling mp for WHM/BLM when they run out of gas, reviving the whole group with LB etc. It can really make a difference.

I'm getting tired of 40min queuing just to meet with another rage quit. With >400 members in GAF fc, it's amazing that nobody is in need of farming for primal weapons anymore and all the farming pugs request Relic (wtf?, Don't people farm because they need it to get a relic?) I should have gotten into the game sooner :(

orion434

Who am I supposed to wave to at the Mining / Botany nodes? I did the opposite, been playing since Day 1 of Early Access and I'm about to do Tiran Story mode lol

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Question.

T1-T5 won't be nerfed drastically until T6+ gets released. This is estimated to be patch 2.2 at the earliest. 2.2 is estimated to be around March of 2014.

Doodlebug

I want to thank Felix and Mira again for giving me such a good start to my relic quest. Felix used his mats to make me a Madman's Whispering Rod free of charge. Then Mira melded my materia to it and refused to accept a tip. You're champs.

WolvenOne

T1-T5 won't be nerfed drastically until T6+ gets released. This is estimated to be patch 2.2 at the earliest. 2.2 is estimated to be around March of 2014.

Mmm, well that all but assures I'll be putting Coil on the back burner then.

But it also guarantee's that I'll be going into 2.1 with at least one class mostly in lvl90 gear. Since this is going to be true of a lot of characters, I'd like to think that Square would compensate by making the upper floors of Crystal Spire a little more difficult than they originally planned. I guess we can't really count on that though.

So is there a list anywhere that shows what materia I should have on my DoL classes just want to know what materia I should put on my Miner AF gear and Botanist when I get there with that.

Torquill

Mmm, well that all but assures I'll be putting Coil on the back burner then.

But it also guarantee's that I'll be going into 2.1 with at least one class mostly in lvl90 gear. Since this is going to be true of a lot of characters, I'd like to think that Square would compensate by making the upper floors of Crystal Spire a little more difficult than they originally planned. I guess we can't really count on that though.
I think they should keep the tower proper as they plan , but maybe have it unlock an 8 man trial in completion with Twintania level mechanics but a lower level gear requirement.

There's a leech rotation for WAR? That rotation you mention is on long CD's, I would necessarily call that a rotation. And what are you fighting that has that many mobs? WP speedruns? I get destroyed after 6+ targets (not counting those weak bugs) as a WAR will all CD's and spamming OP with bloodbath/vengeance. I've got full DL/2 iLvl 90 armor pieces/relic wpn. I'm also told by the healer that he/she can't heal through that much incoming dmg.

Here's me and some of my Coil party speedrunning WP with my WAR:
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&ns=1&video_id=iHAPhTR2DoI

The moment you reach the end of the run and stop in WP, you have to immediately pop Infuriate and get to Wrath V or the healer won't be able to heal you through the incoming damage. You really want a WHM if you're going to speedrun WP as WAR, and you really want a well-geared one because their heal nukes are essential for it.

I usually blow Bloodbath + Berserk right away and honestly it heals for shit, the amount of incoming damage from all the mobs is much higher than what that self heals for. It's pretty much just decorative, you can see me use that and not use it and really the amount of healing I need changes almost not at all.

WolvenOne

The moment you reach the end of the run and stop in WP, you have to immediately pop Infuriate and get to Wrath V or the healer won't be able to heal you through the incoming damage. You really want a WHM if you're going to speedrun WP as WAR, and you really want a well-geared one because their heal nukes are essential for it.

I usually blow Bloodbath + Berserk right away and honestly it heals for shit, the amount of incoming damage from all the mobs is much higher than what that self heals for. It's pretty much just decorative, you can see me use that and not use it and really the amount of healing I need changes almost not at all.

Are you going clear from the mid-boss to the end boss? That's the only thing I haven't tried yet, and on everything else I've been able to get through with Scholars.

Mind you, if I pull everything from the Stairs back, without first sniping those Tonberries, then I have to use the Kite #Dance of Mitigation, which both takes a bit of practice and looks silly as heck.

*Running around the mob, just at the edge of their strike zone, and spamming overpower. Since you're hanging just outside their strike zone, they cannot attack as often, so you take far less damage while the AoE's work the mob down.

Alex

Twintania is kinda disappointing, mechanically, in my opinion. It's just hyper overtuned for a game that has zero methods to properly pad gear in it's current incarnation. I've read several times that Coil was designed around Crystal Tower also being in play at launch and that's pretty much what Twintania feels like. It isn't fun in the same kind of way progression usually is for me, I just feel instead like we're crippled by new recruits and rerolls who weren't able to pad out Myth or jackpot a large amount of Coil drops with it's whopping three bosses.

Reminds of Four Horsemen from Naxxramas classic, and it pissed me off then too since C'thun was all skill and then guilds had to get fucking Warriors to server transfer with a bunch of Tier 3 just to drop a boss. Difference is that this scenario took place like... eight years ago.

Aeana

Your link is busted for me. this one works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHAPhTR2DoI

Alucrid

Banned
Twintania is mechanically disappointing, in my opinion. It's just hyper overtuned for a game that has zero methods to properly pad gear in it's current incarnation. It was very much built around Crystal Tower being in play.

CT is ilvl 80 so I don't see how that's an issue.

studyguy

CT is ilvl 80 so I don't see how that's an issue.

i80 gear wouldn't make that big of a difference anyway.
Even pushing mostly i90 gear, you cannot outgear Twin as it stands now. At best the "padding" will make it so you just don't get oneshotted outright and even then it is close. Even with some jobs almost in all i90, mages still need to respec to vit and throw on a vit acc to break 4k, ideally 4.1k to assure that there are no 1HKOs. You can do that without much i90 though

Even our newest guys can make it past or well into conflag though. Twin isn't unfair really, it just demands a shitload of attention from everyone.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Twintania is kinda disappointing, mechanically, in my opinion. It's just hyper overtuned for a game that has zero methods to properly pad gear in it's current incarnation. I've read several times that Coil was designed around Crystal Tower also being in play at launch and that's pretty much what Twintania feels like. It isn't fun in the same kind of way progression usually is for me, I just feel instead like we're crippled by new recruits and rerolls who weren't able to pad out Myth or jackpot a large amount of Coil drops with it's whopping three bosses.

Reminds of Four Horsemen from Naxxramas classic, and it pissed me off then too since C'thun was all skill and then guilds had to get fucking Warriors to server transfer with a bunch of Tier 3 just to drop a boss. Difference is that this scenario took place like... eight years ago.

Wrong. There are 2 methods to properly gear for T5. Both of these methods are time-restricted.

1. Accrue and expend Myth tomes.
2. Coil turns 1, 2, and 4 drops

T1 and T2 do not require anything above i70 gear + relic.
T4 requires around iLVL 76 to complete consistently without a problem.

You seem angry at something. Just let out your frustration, we will listen.

Alucrid

Banned
You don't see how an additional 10 ilvls and being able to pad more gear and bring more DPS and healers over 4k wouldn't ease things in more?

80 CT > 70 DL

Getting 90s is highly bottleneckes by myth limits and weekly coil lockout.

Considering that the early turns are easily done in darklight, that + myth and coil drops should easily bring your average ilvl to over 80. If you can't do it in half 70 half 90 gear full 80 probably wouldn't be a huge boon.

Well I see I've been beaten.

Alex

You seem angry at something. Just let out your frustration, we will listen.

Yeah, I'm not replying to this.

Considering that the early turns are easily done in darklight, that + myth and coil drops should easily bring your average ilvl to over 80. If you can't do it in half 70 half 90 gear full 80 probably wouldn't be a huge boon.

Well I see I've been beaten.

Problem is myth is hard capped at an absurdly low rate and Coil drops are highly luck of the draw with so few bosses. We've had gear repetition and rots constantly even while almost none of our players have any significant pieces. Tough stuff when there's only three bosses to farm.

Twintania isn't all that rough in terms of what it demands from an actual player, it has some good snap reaction but it's moreso RNG and gear and this game is very difficult to quickly pad gear in with the lack of content and rough caps. This is especially icky when you are not able to optimize equipment through more consistent subsystems ala other MMOs.

One popular thing I've seen is simply stockpiling crafted accessories and over melding them down with VIT, but I think it'll be at least a few more weeks before our paticular group is geared further enough to really bother with that line of thinking. The way we've done our groups up, we have several newer members and some rerolls and while they've worked hard to catch back up the gear trickle and this encounter is just a bit of a bummer.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Problem is myth is hard capped at an absurdly low rate and Coil drops are highly luck of the draw with so few bosses. We've had gear repetition and rots constantly even while almost none of our players have any significant pieces. Tough stuff when there's only three bosses to farm.

Twintania isn't all that rough in terms of what it demands from an actual player, it has some good snap reaction but it's moreso RNG and gear and this game is very difficult to quickly pad gear in with the lack of content and rough caps. This is especially icky when you are not being to optimize equipment as there is a complete lack of subsystems that benefit most pieces.

One popular thing I've seen is simply stockpiling crafted accessories and over melding them down with VIT, but I think it'll be at least a few more weeks before our paticular group is geared enough to really bother with that line of thinking.

If they allowed every fresh 50 to be geared to T5 within a month, they would loose tons of subscribers since there is currently no additional content.

Once PVP, chocobo breeding, etc gets introduced there will be reasons to accelerate the weekly myth cap.

Until that time, we grind it out or we do something else. No reason to get all fussy.

Alucrid

Banned
Yeah, I'm not replying to this.

Twintania isn't all that rough in terms of what it demands from an actual player, it has some good snap reaction but it's moreso RNG and gear and this game is very difficult to quickly pad gear in with the lack of content and rough caps. This is especially icky when you are not being to optimize equipment as there is a complete lack of subsystems that benefit most pieces.

One popular thing I've seen is simply stockpiling crafted accessories and over melding them down with VIT, but I think it'll be at least a few more weeks before our paticular group is geared further enough to really bother with that line of thinking. The way we've done our groups up, we have several newer members and some rerolls and while they've worked hard to catch back up the gear trickle and this encounter is just a bit of a bummer.

Sure. We've had a lot of wasted drops too. I have half a monk set, we've gotten a ton of bard loot that has gone to alts, and we've had 3 tank drops or something. Having to take time to gear up for Twin isn't something all that ridiculous. I wouldn't expect to have the gear after a week or two of coil, where it would be entirely possible to progress to T4. As far as myth goes, yeah it's capped, but by the end of the week I'll have been able to purchase 5 myth items (+1, chest, legs, belt, ring) so it's not too terrible.

Alex

Sure. We've had a lot of wasted drops too. I have half a monk set, we've gotten a ton of bard loot that has gone to alts, and we've had 3 tank drops or something. Having to take time to gear up for Twin isn't something all that ridiculous. I wouldn't expect to have the gear after a week or two of coil, where it would be entirely possible to progress to T4. As far as myth goes, yeah it's capped, but by the end of the week I'll have been able to purchase 5 myth items (+1, chest, legs, belt, ring) so it's not too terrible.

Gearing up is quite fine, but again with the bottleneck of myth essentially rendering it filler (with your amount of Myth, it'd be several months worth and all dedicated to one job) and there only being three bosses to farm, it's going to take quite some time. I have to stand by my assertion of Twintania being more gear and numbers than anything else it's not really that interesting of a fight mechanically and as such I think I mostly take bother with this being the current cherry on top of things, so to speak.

Hopefully 2.1 makes the whole end game feel more fleshed out and alive since right now I'm just not enjoying myself. I've raided for damn near a decade in these games now but this is the first time in quite a long while I've felt so blargh about progression on something. Having more avenues to pad and correct and to just enjoy myself more will help a lot when the current gig is "well, show up next week and lets hope the three bosses drop something useful".

studyguy

Titan hard mode is really starting to bring me down. I just want me relic weapon.

Done countless times myself.
Last night had to help carry some new people through it.
Worst person was the healer, the WHM kept dying half way and forced the other SCH to pick up the pace. I forget how much trouble some people have with titan... but I mean after 10 runs if someone can't dodge a simple mechanic it gets super grating having to watch.

Keylow415

Done countless times myself.
Last night had to help carry some new people through it.
Worst person was the healer, the WHM kept dying half way and forced the other SCH to pick up the pace. I forget how much trouble some people have with titan... but I mean after 10 runs if someone can't dodge a simple mechanic it gets super grating having to watch.

I think I do ok but most time we can't even kill the heart or after Heart we get wiped from stomps after. I've ran it over 10 times or more and it's getting fustrating. Still love the game tho.

Alex

Titan hard mode is really starting to bring me down. I just want me relic weapon.

I just get mine done from FC, who also sells them regularly (housing money!), but if you're doing shout groups there's some easy things to look out for when trying to correct poor play from other people.

The three things I find that are most easily corrected and can cause big problems are

1. Don't Limit Break the heart, this acomplishes two things, you don't carry poor DPS and you can rip a chunk off of the end.

2. Watch and make sure the healers are removing the Gaol debuff almost instantly. (it seems silly, but it's left up in PUGs a lot)

3. Hit your tank with a rolled up newspaper for every time they're touched by a bomb. If you're getting tank deaths in P5, then bombs are almost always the culprit moreso than Mountain Buster (MB is honestly very easy to heal through, it's bombs + MB that cause any added stress).

You can't fix problems in PUGs such as people blaming everything but themselves when they stand in landslides and plumes, but you can try to fix some of the more evident things that allow the fight to end sooner.

studyguy

I think I do ok but most time we can't even kill the heart or after Heart we get wiped from stomps after. I've ran it over 10 times or more and it's getting fustrating. Still love the game tho.

Oh man, haven't died before clearing the heart in a while.
I'd ask how everyone's gear is if that's the case, the gear check isn't as extreme as everyone makes it out to be, but the first half of the fight really is just two things. The core mechanics of the titan rotation and a straight gear check on the DPS.

If you're on Titan bootyduty, you should be scooting near the WHM or SCH to get that bump in health. A lot of Titan comes down to just not panicking and keeping your rotation going. People tend to lose their rotations late in the fight, if you watch you see less and less DoTs being landed. It happens.

Keep at it though, you'll get it. Once you have his rotation down and are with a solid team, you'll wonder how you kept dying.

Keylow415

Oh man, haven't died before clearing the heart in a while.
I'd ask how everyone's gear is if that's the case, the gear check isn't as extreme as everyone makes it out to be, but the first half of the fight really is just two things. The core mechanics of the titan rotation and a straight gear check on the DPS.

If you're on Titan bootyduty, you should be scooting near the WHM or SCH to get that bump in health. A lot of Titan comes down to just not panicking and keeping your rotation going. People tend to lose their rotations late in the fight, if you watch you see less and less DoTs being landed. It happens.

Keep at it though, you'll get it. Once you have his rotation down and are with a solid team, you'll wonder how you kept dying.

One or two people die its a wipe. I never die before heart its mostly cant kill the heart fast enough .I'm running with ifrit's claws is that good enough for dpsing the fight? Maybe I'm not strong enough . And I'm a monk too

Alucrid

Banned
Gearing up is quite fine, but again with the bottleneck of myth essentially rendering it filler (with your amount of Myth, it'd be several months worth and all dedicated to one job) and there only being three bosses to farm, it's going to take quite some time. I have to stand by my assertion of Twintania being more gear and numbers than anything else it's not really that interesting of a fight mechanically and as such I think I mostly take bother with this being the current cherry on top of things, so to speak.

Hopefully 2.1 makes the whole end game feel more fleshed out and alive since right now I'm just not enjoying myself. I've raided for damn near a decade in these games now but this is the first time in quite a long while I've felt so blargh about progression on something. Having more avenues to pad and correct and to just enjoy myself more will help a lot when the current gig is "well, show up next week and lets hope the three bosses drop something useful".

If they didn't cap myth people would be in full lvl 90 gear in a week or two. Considering it's the same level as the loot in coil it would be pointless. 2.1 really won't make it more fleshed out considering that it's just content that's supposed to bridge a gap that never really existed in the first place. A fun romp for alts probably, but that's about it. And if you think about it people who are beating twin right now have spent 2 months on the game, so yes, it'll take you a bit of time to gear up.

Alex

If they didn't cap myth people would be in full lvl 90 gear in a week or two. Considering it's the same level as the loot in coil it would be pointless. 2.1 really won't make it more fleshed out considering that it's just content that's supposed to bridge a gap that never really existed in the first place. A fun romp for alts probably, but that's about it.

I would never suggest they don't cap myth, that would be ridiculous. I would suggest they raise the cap somewhat or perhaps allow Coil kills to exceed the cap. Right now it's simply set too low.

CT will be nice for padding out rerolls and bad luck, it isn't going to make it some night and day difference but it's a fight of numbers and currently the numbers work very roughly against you, especially if you haven't had a consistent group and job layout since launch.

Since all of their other systems are essentially lifted from other MMOs, I'd also like them to implement a token system too. That would be so nice right now, as I feel like im back in 2005 watching the trash cans fill up with Felheart and Cenarion again.

I think we should form Primal HM LS so we can play with the same group of people and help each other to get better. Go with randoms who are not willing to listen and learn is really frustrating.

studyguy

I would never suggest they don't cap myth, that would be ridiculous. I would suggest they raise the cap somewhat or perhaps allow Coil kills to exceed the cap. Right now it's simply set too low.

CT will be nice for padding out rerolls and bad luck, it isn't going to make it some night and day difference but it's a fight of numbers and currently the numbers work very roughly against you, especially if you haven't had a consistent group and job layout since launch.

Since all of their other systems are essentially lifted from other MMOs, I'd also like them to implement a token system too. That would be so nice right now, as I feel like im back in 2005 watching the trash cans fill up with Felheart and Cenarion again.

To be fair, a lot of the issues people having with those calling content unfair is that we were hitting Coil long, long before we got our current gear. Hell the first coil group of my FC still had some AK gear kicking around and cleared with maybe one +1 relic for a shield on the PLD. It's not that they're smashing their head against content all the time, but it's not impossible with the strict gear check required.

As far as Twin was concerned, we had some two week period of her being down, before which there were various groups getting her to 10%. People were confident Twin could have been downed before had it not been for that downtime.

I believe that's really the main issue, there's padding of course, but then there's just a basic challenge. Twin even in full i90 would still be challenging. A full i90 PLD still gets wholloped for 3/4ths of their HP, and mages even with 4.1k+ HP still get knocked about. As far as the RNG was concerned, you basically have to wait for the twister to have it hit you now as well.

There is a definite stagnation with endgame of course, but I attribute that to the basic flow of an MMO raid progression... I doubt there's much we could do to stem that insatiable need for content. Someone is always asking for more, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom