• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

gryvan

Well you also have to understand they had to redo 1.0 within an 18 month time span and getting this game out with that much development time is pretty damn amazing imo.

I would personally say to give it time for more contents to flow through before asking about the unfairness and stagnation of endgame content. Again this is just my opinion on things

wow, please tell me i'm not the only one with shitty lag after recent maintenances. i die to simple shit that is easily avoidable. i don't like being a burden, so if they don't fix their shit soon i'll have to stay away from end game content.

An elusive sight... >_>

BI9sseC.jpg

dark_chris

Funny glitch or bug.

So I'm doing AK and we get to the first boss battle with the priest (right before the summoned boss). When we wailed on him enough, he was preparing to summon the real boss, but something hilarious happened. He walked away from the middle and walked outta the battle field and kept walking out... Everyone lol'd hard and watched as he kept running away. We joked about him saying the quote "you have forced my hand..." And walks out of the battlefield. Lmao.

falastini

The whole buying level 90 gear by grinding beginner dungeons is flawed imo. They should have increased the drop rate for gear in Coil or had the tomes exclusive to Coil itself.

It should have been...

WP/AK for lev70
Crystal Tower for lev80
Coil for lev90

I don't know what purpose CT is supposed to serve. Even the more casual players will have several pieces of level 90 gear at that point.

edotlee

*sigh* i know that as a DRG, im not the best for speedruns, but now i get the feeling that people being paired up in the DF for AK or WP with DRG's are actually started to get pissed off. a lot of negativity shown towards me in the past few days (before we've even started the run).

Yeah I feel like I'm a second class citizen compared to BLM and BRDs. Although, I find the key to many speedruns is not which DPS jobs are going, rather, it's pretty dependent on whether the WHM can handle their MP pool for healing and Holys. You can do speedruns with any number of jobs, it's more about communication and each person knowing their roles. It's hard to break perception sometimes though.

Kenai

Yeah I feel like I'm a second class citizen compared to BLM and BRDs. Although, I find the key to many speedruns is not which DPS jobs are going, rather, it's pretty dependent on whether the WHM can handle their MP pool for healing and Holys. You can do speedruns with any number of jobs, it's more about communication and each person knowing their roles. It's hard to break perception sometimes though.

Talk about persecution. You said WHM instead of healer as tho they are the only healing spec. SCHs are people too, you know!.
people without Holy spam options Q_Q

The Speedruns have a particular comp for very specific reasons. The melee DPS get kind of screwed but you can't do the Speedruns with MNK or DRG because they simply don't do AoE DPS which is what these SRs are predicated on.

Talk about persecution. You said WHM instead of healer as tho they are the only healing spec. SCHs are people too, you know!.
people without Holy spam options Q_Q

We ran some SRs together, when you weren't letting me die so you could recast Shadowflare we did it just fine. <3

Alucrid

Banned
Even with melee dps you can still probably hit 14-15 minutes if not faster depending on what other classes are in the party. I do wonder how many of the PLD/WHM/BRD/BLM groups are pushing sub 10 mins runs.

Kronotech

Gaf, need some hate-keeping tips for my PLD. Ran Haukee Manor at 31 the other day and lost hate often. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Starting a pull with Shield Lob, run to the mob and throw a Flash. Then begin Halone combo. After a few of those combos, the side mobs end up running towards the WHM. I Shield Lob them and sometimes get their interest.

Should I be keeping Flash up constantly? Any other enmity tips?

Ken

Gaf, need some hate-keeping tips for my PLD. Ran Haukee Manor at 31 the other day and lost hate often. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Starting a pull with Shield Lob, run to the mob and throw a Flash. Then begin Halone combo. After a few of those combos, the side mobs end up running towards the WHM. I Shield Lob them and sometimes get their interest.

spread your combo out along with an occasional flash

by spreading yyour combo out i mean do fast and savage blade on you rmain target and then hit another target with rage of halone because the emnity gain from rage of halone alone is usually enough to knock down whatever hate your healer had built up

Alucrid

Banned

Definitely throw some more flashes and switch Halone combos between mobs during the fight so you keep aggro on them.

falastini

Once you initially group them, flash a couple times, hitting all of them, then do your enmity combo on the main target (marking helps). Keep doing your combo, while occasionally tabbing to the other mobs in the group, and hitting them accordingly as well (use the threat meters in the ui to get a feel of which mobs you might need to hit more).

Kronotech

spread your combo out along with an occasional flash

by spreading yyour combo out i mean do fast and savage blade on you rmain target and then hit another target with rage of halone because the emnity gain from rage of halone alone is usually enough to knock down whatever hate your healer had built up

Definitely throw some more flashes and switch Halone combos between mobs during the fight so you keep aggro on them.

Ah goood to know, thank you. Usually the other targets are asleep so I try to not wake em. Once they wake up, they start running. I'll try these tips though because it actually makes sense.

Once you initially group them, flash a couple times, hitting all of them, then do your enmity combo on the main target (marking helps). Keep doing your combo, while occasionally tabbing to the other mobs in the group, and hitting them accordingly as well (use the threat meters in the ui to get a feel of which mobs you might need to hit more).

I've been starting to start marking more. Playing with controller and find using 1 and 2 is enough. Would be pretty tough to add more in. Good idea on the threat meters. I started to monitor those more during the dungeon run but I'll keep a better eye on it.

Taruranto

The whole buying level 90 gear by grinding beginner dungeons is flawed imo. They should have increased the drop rate for gear in Coil or had the tomes exclusive to Coil itself.

It should have been...

WP/AK for lev70
Crystal Tower for lev80
Coil for lev90

I don't know what purpose CT is supposed to serve. Even the more casual players will have several pieces of level 90 gear at that point.

Vertical gear progression is terrible anyway.

You can Flash sleeping mobs and they will not wake.

This is one huge advantage that Flash has over Overpower. The other advantage is that Flash uses MP which means you still have TP left after spamming your AoE threat skill as a PLD.

WolvenOne

You can Flash sleeping mobs and they will not wake.

This is one huge advantage that Flash has over Overpower. The other advantage is that Flash uses MP which means you still have TP left after spamming your AoE threat skill as a PLD.

Though conversely, since Overpower is Cone shaped, you're far less likely to aggro mobs that are behind you.

Yes I have done this with Flash.

scosher

Yeah, Ren was counting in Mumble and when he got to 10 stomps and we were all still alive I felt like we had won the game at that point. We 4-manned Titan basically the entire last 1/3 of his HP bar, it took forever because Ren was the only DPS up. Then one of you guys dropped the healer LB3 and everyone who got raised promptly died again and we were on our own. We were incredibly lucky that Ren was the only guy getting rocked, if you or Kenai had gotten rocked anytime before then we most certainly would not have finished it.

It's arguably the best (unintentional) carry I've ever pulled off in any MMO, ever. And yeah, I wish I had recorded it.

>< I was healing it on SCH, not Kenai. I'll forgive your forgetfulness and chalk it up to your usual mind fart. :p Also, both Saff and I got rocked a few times, and we had to Cleric's Stance DPS us each other out of it.

That was definitely an epic Titan kill. 4-man from 40% health.

WolvenOne

Okay, so, I'm setting a new goal for myself. Rather then beating Coil before 2.1 hits, which is probably unrealistic given that I'm still new to the MMO genre, and that I am yet not good at putting together groups. Instead, I want to get past Coil 2, with at least three different classes, preferably four, before 2.1. The classes being, WAR, PLD, DRG, and BRD.

My logic for this goal is fairly simple. Turn 5 is billed as something that only a few hundred people are going to successfully clear before 2.1. Considering I'm new, it's a bit unreasonable of me to decide that I have to beat this thing before 2.1, just to prove that I'm a decent player. Getting past Turn 2, is a fairly decent accomplishment, and if I can do it with four separate classes, I'll have at least proved to myself that I'm an asset to the community, rather than a newbie being carried.

Besides that, while I haven't quite gotten the hang of Fate super leveling just yet, I'm still enjoying actually getting out of the cities. The world may not be very open, but it's decently sized enough when you're actually out there seeing it.

Mupod

The Speedruns have a particular comp for very specific reasons. The melee DPS get kind of screwed but you can't do the Speedruns with MNK or DRG because they simply don't do AoE DPS which is what these SRs are predicated on.

I think sleep and the AOE limit break are the major must-haves. I can run without a bard if I have to but if the healer wants to holy spam (which speeds up runs quite a bit) then holding aggro is friggin impossible without mp regen song.

Alucrid

Banned
I think sleep and the AOE limit break are the major must-haves. I can run without a bard if I have to but if the healer wants to holy spam (which speeds up runs quite a bit) then holding aggro is friggin impossible without mp regen song.

The real reason to have BRD is foe's requiem.

Reubeucent

Neo Member
As promised, I still have my eye on this game despite being sort of let down by the beta.

Can anyone tell me if there have been any changes since then?

Specifically:
Does the world still feel kind of small?
Open dungeons?
Is there any progression that happens off of DF?
Rare lootz for optimizing that not everyone will be getting?
Have they made any changes to the combat system?
Do jobs feel more unique and interesting?

Might want to check this game back out when the PS4 version hits if they're addressing any of that. There were a lot of things to like.

1. Compared to what? To XI? They feel pathetically small to that. Even to WoW they feel somewhat tiny.
2. As in outside? Without spoiling, 1 is always outside and a few out 50/50 outside and inside.
3. At 50 it's either use DF to get gear or get a server group and do stuff. Before then you have to do several dungeons to advance in the story which requires a group and then some end game stuff that requires a group to finish the story. 7 in total.
4. Not really. A lot of cookie cutter in the games equipment. Materia is kind of a joke at the moment.
5. From 1.0 it feels a lot different to me. Worst thing is the awful GCD and non-instant off GCD abilites.
6. To me they don't. I've played PLD, MNK, and WAR and each feels way too similar with the combo thing.

Torquill

It should have been...

WP/AK for lev70
Crystal Tower for lev80
Coil for lev90

Coil is simply not something everyone is capable of doing. I don't mean just from a skill perspective, but from a life/scheduling perspective. The AF+1 serves as a way for those people to get cool looking iLVL 90 if they want it. It demands a much greater time investment (meaning total time actually spent in the active pursuit of the gear, not calendar time) but eventually, everyone can have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom