• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

BC member went to Canada...
Shit. Why enjoy maple syrup and bears when you can enjoy an hour of the same thing you did last week?
Jeez.

WolvenOne

Coil is simply not something everyone is capable of doing. I don't mean just from a skill perspective, but from a life/scheduling perspective. The AF+1 serves as a way for those people to get cool looking iLVL 90 if they want it. It demands a much greater time investment (meaning total time actually spent in the active pursuit of the gear, not calendar time) but eventually, everyone can have it.

Well, just speaking for myself. I can generally adjust my schedule to be available anytime after 5pm my time, (9 times out of 10), so it's not a matter of free time. My biggest issue, is that most people that're on around my time already seem to have Statics.

In the short term though, that's fine. I don't mind subbing, and assuming I make myself available I should be able to get the first few turns of Coil down to a science by the time 2.1 hits.

Pejo

Is there any players who got an FC on balmung? Desperately need one and would like to play with gaffers.

I'm on Balmung. The FC I'm in isn't so much revolving around endgame/coil, but more casual and crafting. If you'd like an invite though, I can hook you up for sure. Should be home tonight in a few hours, character name is Vexid Vostrum.

studyguy

My group literally only gets shit we've already seen.

Two aiming drops, and I already have BOTH.

Just messed up. It's not right!

Our Monk is the best geared person in our FC and he is the least active person in the BC runs. Literally comes in only when people are out and we need a replacement, yet he gets all the luck in the drops.

Meanwhile from our two parties, we've gotten two tank drops in total in one month.

Aeana

I finally got the allagan healing body. Too bad it's crap for scholar. I've got no issues with gearing up my WHM, though. It's what I really want to be playing anyway~!

But yeah so far I just have the allagan body and belt.

Our Monk is the best geared person in our FC and he is the least active person in the BC runs. Literally comes in only when people are out and we need a replacement, yet he gets all the luck in the drops.

Meanwhile from our two parties, we've gotten two tank drops in total in one month.

They probably use the same amazing RNG algorithm for Coil that they do for Primal drops.

WolvenOne

Still hopeful I can get through turns 1 and 2 this week's. Not really trying to get through all five turns just yet, but it would be nice to get the Tanking Chest Piece for my PLD. I'm determined to finish the WAR AF2 set before 2.1, but I don't really want to go back to wearing Dark light whenever some group insists I tank as a PLD.

So blasted tired of tin can cat!

WolvenOne

They probably use the same amazing RNG algorithm for Coil that they do for Primal drops.

Kinda odd, except for Garuda, I've had good luck with Primal drops. I got the I frit axe on something like the second fight. The Titan axe fell the first time I beat Titan HM, and the second time I beat him the PLD Shield fell for me.

Took about a week of farming to get the Garuda axe though. It was kinda miserable, but I was so blasted excited when it finally fell. XD

Alucrid

Banned

I bet the monk is opening the chests. I opened up Turn 1 and we got Monk/Drg look.

I'm banned from opening chests now.

hey now, I seem to remember getting a piece of tank loot when I popped open a chest.

gonna use that piece of information to extort gil from Yenn and Rag, yup. the high life of eorzea here I come

gatti-man

Idk what the state of gaf is in sagatanas server but I'm with a pretty nice FC that has two coil groups that run twice a week. If anyone wants in just pm me here same name in game.

BLCKATK

Is there any players who got an FC on balmung? Desperately need one and would like to play with gaffers.

If someone hasn't found you an FC already, my Free Company, Adventure Time, is recruiting. I'm the only gaffer there but we got a nice community.

Check it out if you are interested: adventuretime.guildwork.com

My name in game is Lenz Sabre, add me if you'd like.

Aeana

Expansion of cross hotbar input controls:
Additionally for patch 2.1, we've expanded the controls so that you will be able to press the L2 and R2 buttons simultaneously to change to a different set display and execute actions while the buttons are held down. (You can indicate which set is switched to in the configuration.)
Originally, in order to change sets with the R1 button you had to take your finger off of the L2 or R2 button, but with this control expansion you can simply press the R2 button while pressing the L2 button (or the opposite) and swap to a different set with other actions. With this method you’ll be able to swap to different sets two steps quicker.
By addressing these two features, I feel you'll be able to grasp the battle situation much better and also execute more actions easily.
Now then, on to the actual topic of this thread – increasing the number of hot bars displayed. As we've just about run out of excess display elements that we can cut as a trade-off for an increase in display elements, as a future plan for addressing this, we'll be creating a lower resource version of the current display UI separately, and with the resources that are generated from that, make it so only action icons are displayed.
We will continue to look into plans for implementing more hotbar displays for the PS3 version, but I'd like you all to try out the expanded controls in patch 2.1 that I've outline above.
You'll be able to quickly execute 16 additional actions with much more ease than the original controls for switching sets.

Yes!

World First, Beat Gigas Shramana as Botanist. (With heals)

TZxBmxF.jpg

Story time!

I love playing the arcanist, and it's not that I'm not interested in the other classes, I just thought it would be fun to level it to 50 before switching to another spec. I'm not surprised when people ask me in dungeons why I'm not a conjurer or scholar yet (currently 34) but it seems like I'm getting the "I'm a dumbass" vibe for not immediate rushing to level a tham so I can switch.

So my question is... what are the drawbacks to just saying fuck it and playing my arcanist to 50 without touching the other specs? Has anyone else done this? With any other spec even? Or am I just an odd cookie that I like the idea of focusing on a single class first?

Ultrabum

Story time!

I love playing the arcanist, and it's not that I'm not interested in the other classes, I just thought it would be fun to level it to 50 before switching to another spec. I'm not surprised when people ask me in dungeons why I'm not a conjurer or scholar yet (currently 34) but it seems like I'm getting the "I'm a dumbass" vibe for not immediate rushing to level a tham so I can switch.

So my question is... what are the drawbacks to just saying fuck it and playing my arcanist to 50 without touching the other specs? Has anyone else done this? With any other spec even? Or am I just an odd cookie that I like the idea of focusing on a single class first?

The job crystals such as smn and black Mage give huge primary stat boosts, as well as access to the best spells in the game. Not having a job post level 30 is always (99.99%) worse than having your job crystal equipped.

The job crystals such as smn and black Mage give huge primary stat boosts, as well as access to the best spells in the game. Not having a job post level 30 is always (99.99%) worse than having your job crystal equipped.

Ah, I see. So it's not just a "you don't have the cross talent" issue; you're just stunted overall. Not sure how I feel about that but... it's their game. *chuckles*

Tash

I finally got the allagan healing body. Too bad it's crap for scholar. I've got no issues with gearing up my WHM, though. It's what I really want to be playing anyway~!

But yeah so far I just have the allagan body and belt.

Screen? We only had gloves and earrings drop so far :(

Tash

Story time!

Well the only advantage of not going with a job is that you have access to cross-class skills from ALL other classes while in a job you are locked to a few specific ones you can choose from. I don't think anyone really experimented with combinations but I am pretty sure that you are always better off with a job.

Item level sure is something.
We did a CM run on monday to help a fellow gaffer, and
Livia
's Magitek shots did nothing to me, and I'm a BLM. So weird not being dead after a persistent aggro from a boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom