• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caj814

Been a couple weeks and still haven't got a Titan HM clear with pickups, DF or FC (lag problems I'm assuming). Hopefully something gives since I would like to complete relic and gain coil access before 2.1 hits.

dcye

Was in a Titan /sh party today. We got to P5 a few times but people kept going down and then started failing on heart. The leader of the party (a relic+1 PLD) then goes "guess I'll kick some people" and proceeds to assess all our gear and boots me because my dps is too low (I have full DL+Ifrits Harpoon).

I was the only dps who was consistently dodged everything. I got hit by two plumes in 5 attempts on Titan and they were both in P5 when people just can't seem to learn to spread out.

This Titan wall is going to make me quit the game. People are freaking jerks and just bad players. I try to help people and do the best I can to make to community better but its just so toxic. I have a small FC and they're all my friends, I don't want to leave the FC just to get a Titan kill. GAF this makes me sads :(

dcye

14 members of which 6 are combat classes at 50, 1 relic, no healers. Only 3 of us even have the fight unlocked. I know it sounds like I should just leave but we were all in a big FC together and the endgame focus and ignoring of the little guys asking for help led us to leave and form our own small group and resolve to not indulge that behavior anymore. I'm not really asking for help or anything I'm just sharing my shit experiences with dickheads hah.

Is it wrong that I hate chain pulls as a white mage? Even when the tank wasn't doing it in WP, I still struggled to keep up the heals.

Doink!

frequency

Story time!

I love playing the arcanist, and it's not that I'm not interested in the other classes, I just thought it would be fun to level it to 50 before switching to another spec. I'm not surprised when people ask me in dungeons why I'm not a conjurer or scholar yet (currently 34) but it seems like I'm getting the "I'm a dumbass" vibe for not immediate rushing to level a tham so I can switch.

So my question is... what are the drawbacks to just saying fuck it and playing my arcanist to 50 without touching the other specs? Has anyone else done this? With any other spec even? Or am I just an odd cookie that I like the idea of focusing on a single class first?

Unlock Summoner. You'll still be leveling Arcanist with that crystal equipped and the playstyle as Summoner doesn't change at all from Arcanist really.

Jobs are not whole new classes. They are an extension of your base class. Just a boost in statistics and access to more powerful abilities.

aceface

Story time!

I love playing the arcanist, and it's not that I'm not interested in the other classes, I just thought it would be fun to level it to 50 before switching to another spec. I'm not surprised when people ask me in dungeons why I'm not a conjurer or scholar yet (currently 34) but it seems like I'm getting the "I'm a dumbass" vibe for not immediate rushing to level a tham so I can switch.

So my question is... what are the drawbacks to just saying fuck it and playing my arcanist to 50 without touching the other specs? Has anyone else done this? With any other spec even? Or am I just an odd cookie that I like the idea of focusing on a single class first?

The other thing is (and correct me if I'm wrong on this) if you level Summoner I believe you are simultaneously leveling Arcanist. So if you are a level 50 Summoner just unequip your soul crystal and bam, you're a level 50 Arcanist.

Edit: Basically what frequency said.

Ultrabum

The other thing is (and correct me if I'm wrong on this) if you level Summoner I believe you are simultaneously leveling Arcanist. So if you are a level 50 Summoner just unequip your soul crystal and bam, you're a level 50 Arcanist.

Edit: Basically what frequency said.

Yes, I enjoy playing both smn and sch, but it does take a lot of grand company seals to switch my int to mind ><

That's like the difference between full dark light and full dark light + 4 pieces of allagan lol

That's actually a pretty damn large nerf to each character.

Just pick one and run with it.
Lots of people used to say that those 15 points didn't make much of a difference, but I guess the perception has changed. That's what I get for giving advice about something I'm not familiar with, heh.

Thankfully, as I have a BLM I'm making my ACN a healer only, so 30 MND is a given.

Aeana

Lots of people used to say that those 15 points didn't make much of a difference, but I guess the perception has changed. That's what I get for giving advice about something I'm not familiar with, heh.

Thankfully, as I have a BLM I'm making my ACN a healer only, so 30 MND is a given.

Well, people hadn't figured out the formulas yet. At this point it's recognized that a single point of your primary stat makes a huge difference.

Lain

Since the game turned out to beat SE expectations, and will hopefully keep doing well, do you guys think SE will do the sane thing and open real EU servers? Or well, move the existing, labeled EU servers to real EU datacenters.

BLCKATK

Man, I didn't get to go into coil last night. I'm having withdrawals.

I need to find something else about this game that keeps me interested. Once I find out my static isn't going I just immediately log out and the next day I only log in to check to see if my static is going.

WolvenOne

So, grabbed the AF2 Warrior Chestpiece last night. With the Hoplite Circlet attached to my head, it's a fairly solid upgrade. With the Darklight Flanchard equipped, my solo HP's over 7000, and with the Hoplite Pants/Sabotons, my stats are about the same as when I was wearing Darklight Chest/Pants.

Next, I guess I'll be grabbing either the Boots, or the Helmet. Either will put me back up over 7K-HP with Hoplite gear.

So my long national Tincan Cat nightmare is over! I won't need to equip any Darklight armor for any purpose, except running Coil. Once I have the boots though, even Coil won't require it.

I'm free, FREE!!! AHAHAHHHAHAHAAAA! x__X

WolvenOne

Been a couple weeks and still haven't got a Titan HM clear with pickups, DF or FC (lag problems I'm assuming). Hopefully something gives since I would like to complete relic and gain coil access before 2.1 hits.

Stuff like this always makes me want to do free Titan HM runs for people, even outside our FC. Shame I'm not all that great at organizing, or else I'd set up an event for the purpose.

Moaradin

Kinda hit a wall with this game. I got to the point where I have full Darklight and +1 Relic and now I'm having the hardest time getting a group for Coil. Makes me wish I rolled a Bard instead of Monk.

Melee dps seems to get the short end of the stick in this game.

Kenai

Story time!

It might have been covered already, but there is very little difference between the Arcanist and Summoner in terms of playstyle. You'll be doing basically the same thing, except you will get a few extra SMN-specific skills (Fester especially is good at your level and will be a bread and butter spell later) and your Carbuncles will be replaced by the Egis (which are straight upgrades).

If you stay ACN, not only will you miss out on the stat boosts from the SMN job, but your AF (pretty much the best pre 50 gear you can get) will be unavailable, Also stuff like Primal weapons are job specific so ACN can't wear them at all.

SCH is a completely different playstyle but you might even like that as well since the faerie pets will be completely different from ACN/SCH ones.

WolvenOne

Kinda hit a wall with this game. I got to the point where I have full Darklight and +1 Relic and now I'm having the hardest time getting a group for Coil. Makes me wish I rolled a Bard instead of Monk.

Yeah, similar boat. Even though I have no real desire at this point to clear Coil before 2.1 hits. I'd still like to clear the first, 2-3 turns. Finding a steady group has been notoriously difficult though.

Granted, I'm WAR, and that's another one of those classes that supposedly got the short end of the stick. Supposedly it doesn't really make too much of a difference on Turns 1-3 though.

pitbull

Banned

I dont think 1 more raid space would make that big of a difference if you arent able to find any groups

Torquill

I dont think 1 more raid space would make that big of a difference if you arent able to find any groups
That's double the available slots and half the competition (since twice as many bards are placed leaving half as many still looking). That sounds like a big diff to me.

pitbull

Banned
That's double the available slots and half the competition (since twice as many bards are placed leaving half as many still looking). That sounds like a big diff to me.

so that would mean there are exactly the same number of bards as there are drg and monks?

pitbull

Banned
I think there are plenty of coil groups looking for all sorts of people, war's are the only ones at a disadvantage class wise. If someone is having trouble finding groups i'd suggest sundays and non maint mondays are the best times to shout or look in mor dhona. Some people might not be used to this but socializing might be required to find group. Whether it be a one time pug or a weekly static. Every coil group needs a melee otherwise its a gimped group.

Moaradin

From my experience, most of the coil groups looking for members either wants a paladin or bard DPS. It's really hard to find one that wants a Monk.

If Mor'dhona isn't working out for you, sit in Wineport during prime raid times. Usually around 8pm EST when my group is rounding up in Wineport, I see all sorts of shouts for Coil groups.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Instead of waiting around for that magic coil group missing only the class you prefer to play, try making your own coil group.

Perform a gear check and skill check to weed out those who paid their way through Titan and get rolling on that sweet sweet coil loot!

Sblargh

Banned
I hope to make BTN and WVR to 50 this week; then MIN, LTW and GSM to 50 next week (probably won't happen).
Then I think I'll start to make my own gear, little by little.

There's this thing about taking it slow and doing things yourself that is rewarding, on the other hand, there's always this uneasy feeling whenever you run across a Xelios who already is what you expect to be by january or something.

tenchir

From my experience, most of the coil groups looking for members either wants a paladin or bard DPS. It's really hard to find one that wants a Monk.

That's definitely true. I was afking at Wineport on Monday out of curiosity at how many invites I get based on how geared my PLD was. I think I got about 4 /tell within the 3 hours I was there.

DragonHunterG

Neo Member
Is the launcher messed up for anyone else? It won't load the account input fields so I can't log in :(
it was giving me issue this morning when i tried to log in, but i just put my password in notepad, copy and pasted and it worked after that. old news though because it seems to have fixed itself.

I hope to make BTN and WVR to 50 this week; then MIN, LTW and GSM to 50 next week (probably won't happen).
Then I think I'll start to make my own gear, little by little.

There's this thing about taking it slow and doing things yourself that is rewarding, on the other hand, there's always this uneasy feeling whenever you run across a Xelios who already is what you expect to be by january or something.

And Xelios would be the one to tell you to not feel pressured

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom