• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
The Dark Metamorphosis is complete

nVZOqvl.png
pVBlsxj.png

Final form ('til we get more Fantasias, anyway):

From my experience, most of the coil groups looking for members either wants a paladin or bard DPS. It's really hard to find one that wants a Monk.

Strangely enough, I went looking specifically for a MNK or DRG when I was initially forming my Coil party. I wanted a balanced party and the final comp of my party reflects that balance. We're not talking about Xbone "balance" here either.

what's with people's unwillingness to form fate groups themselves?

People are unbelievably lazy.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Wat. This is unexpected.

Eh, still messing around in character creation, trying to find something I'm happy with. Wasted a fantasia trying that one out but at least I got an idea of what Lalas look like in all the crafter sets. Definitely gonna stick with Lala though, running feels so fast!

Had a very good Titan HM group tonight with GAF but unfortunately couldn't get it done :( Look like I have to grind more tomes for better equipment D:

Ken

Had a very good Titan HM group tonight with GAF but unfortunately couldn't get it done :( Look like I have to grind more tomes for better equipment D:

it's not you.

if the healers can't stay up and keep the tank healed for mountain busters than that's gg

orion434

Story Time!!! This weekend I'm concentrating on getting Jade to the End-game so I can get my own Tomes for Mats, just cleared Titan -Story last night, got 90 Leves and I fully stocked all my wares to last me through the busy weekend! I want to be lv 50 Bard by Sunday and make 5 million gil, time to crash the Type III Craftsman Materia market on Ultros! I have 127 to sell :)

Ultrabum

Story Time!!! This weekend I'm concentrating on getting Jade to the End-game so I can get my own Tomes for Mats, just cleared Titan -Story last night, got 90 Leves and I fully stocked all my wares to last me through the busy weekend! I want to be lv 50 Bard by Sunday and make 5 million gil, time to crash the Type III Craftsman Materia market on Ultros! I have 127 to sell :)

How did you get 127???

what's with people's unwillingness to form fate groups themselves?

Fixed. I blame modern MMOs for catering to solo players rather than focusing on social and group aspects. People get used to doing things on their own and when they actually have to work with others to accomplish something, it makes people hesitant. Maybe they just become completely apathetic or are filled with so much anxiety about grouping with others that it feels impossible.

I have been playing MMOs for a long time and people are just a lot less social than they used to be. Maybe it's a generational thing?

The Dark Metamorphosis is complete

Final form ('til we get more Fantasias, anyway):

This is awesome. Welcome to the master race!

I really don't like how many drops they put per boss in Coils. If you're after 1 piece, it's brutal waiting each week for that (like Allagan Healing body) and knowing it has such a low % chance to drop because there's 17 other items on the loot table (although I think each chest has certain drops, but anyways). They should have added a boss/drops in Turn 3 to help this a little by spreading them out even more, but as it is, Turn 3 is completely pointless.

I think I'm just frustrated because we have terrible luck with healing armor drops. Accessories seem far more common than the armor pieces which also bugs me.

Fixed. I blame modern MMOs for catering to solo players rather than focusing on social and group aspects. People get used to doing things on their own and when they actually have to work with others to accomplish something, it makes people hesitant. Maybe they just become completely apathetic or are filled with so much anxiety about grouping with others that it feels impossible.

I have been playing MMOs for a long time and people are just a lot less social than they used to be. Maybe it's a generational thing?

For both the tech and the people actually playing them, for sure. The mentality between certain crowds with different styles of play is so varied these days and it causes all kinds of friction, which compounds on that general anxiety (e.g. someone hesitant to play the game any other way than min-maxing, more casual players in the duty finder that won't speak up about not knowing something but get hostile when called on it, etc.).

As much as I like to kick XI for it's Lvl10+ group-up-or-die mentality. I had more fun with the community there (at least for the first few years that it launched anyway) than I'm having with people outside of my own Free Company now in XIV. I'll be interested what things look like this time next year when all the other unreleased MMOs people are hyping now are having their own trainwreck first six month periods.

It's a delicate balance, though. The reason I quit FFXI when I played it (pre-CoP) was because everything was group oriented. You had to devote your entire day to the game simply because it took several hours for a group to form before you could even start playing, even as the most in-demand classes, and there was literally nothing else to do in the game.

But on the other hand, when you streamline the grouping aspect too much as WoW and FFXIV have done, you lose the community aspect in it. I remember players in FFXI and pre-dungeon finder WoW were much friendlier and more social, if only because pissing people off had real repercussions.

orion434

How did you get 127???

On average I convert 2 - 3 sets of non-green Craftsman Accessories into Materia a day, Raptorskin Merchant Purse, Red Corral Earrings & Electrum Choker. Then roughly 1 Militia Wristlets & 2 Aetheryte Rings per day... usually the rings give you crap, but just the other day I scored a Piety IV... So a total of 7 to 10 a day + 2 Gambles.

If I were converting the Green lv 50** Gear it would be more like 5 per day, and 1 of 8 will be a Type IV. If you can get by with converting ALL 12 pieces more power to you, but you are definitely not HQ'ing much with junk slotted into all your gear, unless you have a separate set for NQ grinding.

Ultrabum

On average I convert 2 - 3 sets of non-green Craftsman Accessories into Materia a day, Raptorskin Merchant Purse, Red Corral Earrings & Electrum Choker. Then roughly 1 Militia Wristlets & 2 Aetheryte Rings per day... usually the rings give you crap, but just the other day I scored a Piety IV... So a total of 7 to 10 a day + 2 Gambles.

If I were converting the Green lv 50** Gear it would be more like 5 per day, and 1 of 8 will be a Type IV. If you can get by with converting ALL 12 pieces more power to you, but you are definitely not HQ'ing much with junk slotted into all your gear, unless you have a separate set for NQ grinding.

I more meant, what are you crafting that has such a high volume of sale that allows you to spirit bind so fast?

orion434

I more meant, what are you crafting that has such a high volume of sale that allows you to spirit bind so fast?

I craft Everything :) I recently found that Pineapple Juice is awesome for spirit-bonding, my FC brings me Prickly Pineapples and I HQ the Juice for them :)

Krassus

I really don't like how many drops they put per boss in Coils. If you're after 1 piece, it's brutal waiting each week for that (like Allagan Healing body) and knowing it has such a low % chance to drop because there's 17 other items on the loot table (although I think each chest has certain drops, but anyways). They should have added a boss/drops in Turn 3 to help this a little by spreading them out even more, but as it is, Turn 3 is completely pointless.

I think I'm just frustrated because we have terrible luck with healing armor drops. Accessories seem far more common than the armor pieces which also bugs me.

We’ve seen the opposite where we were getting all accessories and no armor until the week before last. People in my FC got frustrated and leveled second alts so they can mix their raid force with ½ alts and ½ mains and do 2 runs. Even doing that now some of their alts are better geared than their mains (dat rng).

We’ve seen the opposite where we were getting all accessories and no armor until the week before last. People in my FC got frustrated and leveled second alts so they can mix their raid force with ½ alts and ½ mains and do 2 runs. Even doing that now some of their alts are better geared than their mains (dat rng).

I've been considering leveling up an alt character simply for something else to do in the game (and to help friends since I can't do Coils with everyone I want to). Since we finish coils so quickly now, there's nothing much to do the rest of the time besides work on Turn 5 and farm WP (which gets incredibly boring after a while).

orion434

do you multi-meld the gear (with junk materia or otherwise) to make the spirit-bonding go faster?

Yes, goes much faster with 3 - 4 Pieces of crap Resistance Materia. I want to test if, but maybe someone knows, if I slot an equipment and it gives + 0 does that still give the spirit-bonding bonus?

pitbull

Banned
Strangely enough, I went looking specifically for a MNK or DRG when I was initially forming my Coil party. I wanted a balanced party and the final comp of my party reflects that balance. We're not talking about Xbone "balance" here either.

What they are saying is, you were looking for 1 melee and 2 bards as every other coil group, so they are never ever going to ever possibly find a group.

WolvenOne

Well, I've gone from having trouble finding a Coil group, to being offered a spot on two simultaneously. <_<;;

One's a FC group though, and probably a bit more likely to hold together in the long term. So after fulfilling my promise to run with this other group tonight, the GAF group is almost certainly going to win out. XD

Shouta

Kinda hit a wall with this game. I got to the point where I have full Darklight and +1 Relic and now I'm having the hardest time getting a group for Coil. Makes me wish I rolled a Bard instead of Monk.

Melee dps seems to get the short end of the stick in this game.

That's why I really haven't bothered doing Coil. I'm just slowly building up my AF+1 now for my Monk while I do other things. Monk AF+1 is sexy anyway aside from the color being a bit odd at first. It's slower overall but I'm not in a race and ultimately, I'd rather not deal with whiners.

Only problem? I'm running out of TP faster now. ;_;. 2s recast with GL3 up eats up my TP like a hungry dog gobbling a steak.

WolvenOne

14 DAYS TO RIETRORING FATES
PREEES BE EXCITE! Please look forward to it.

I want those Lightning weapons...

Well, it's new content at least. XD

Besides, I kinda like collecting cosmetic items in this game. I just wish they'd get that cosmetic slot system up and working sooner, rather than later. Darklight Heavy Armor wouldn't have been even a fraction as painful, if I could've looked at another set while wearing it. Would've put on my Odin armor into the cosmetic slot and forgotten about it until my AF2 set was complete.

Edit: Heck, with a cosmetic slot, I'd probably still be intermittently running Brayflox, to complete the Calvary Set.

Sblargh

Banned
That's why I really haven't bothered doing Coil. I'm just slowly building up my AF+1 now for my Monk while I do other things. Monk AF+1 is sexy anyway aside from the color being a bit odd at first. It's slower overall but I'm not in a race and ultimately, I'd rather not deal with whiners.

Only problem? I'm running out of TP faster now. ;_;. 2s recast with GL3 up eats up my TP like a hungry dog gobbling a steak.

Yeah, I'm kind of avoiding Coil, too, to work on crafting and gathering. Capping by doing WP/AK is good, too, because helps me getting those philo mats.

WolvenOne

Yeah, I'm kind of avoiding Coil, too, to work on crafting and gathering. Capping by doing WP/AK is good, too, because helps me getting those philo mats.

Well, I'm kinda aiming to passively farm Coil, rather than actually clearing it. Granted, this means that I'll probably breeze through Crystal Spire once 2.1 hits. So long as that keeps me busy for about two weeks though, that's fine.

2.1 battle plan so far is.
Crystal Spire
Coil 4-5
Moggle Mog
Extreme Primals
Misc
Leveling more Battle Classes, and at least one Forage Class.

The latter should be far less painful in 2.1, so I can easily see myself leveling Monk, and the Magic classes. That should keep me busy for about a month, so it should about get me to 2.2.

Edit: Also, yes, I am factoring in that I'll have to go through a lot of these quests multiple times, for each class I level up. While they're probably going to slightly raise the Myth cap in 2.1, it's still extremely unlikely that I'll make enough Myth to get AF2 for every class. So, for every class but WAR, I'm going to have to farm Spire and Coil for lvl 80 and 90 equipment.

BLCKATK

In that reddit thread about confirmed 2.1 content they said that another primal other than moogle and the extreme primals is confirmed... Any truth to this? I haven't heard anything about that.

None of my FC has been yet. Since we've always been short on healers, we've all been leveling two or three other classes in the meantime while we gear our primaries up. The higher end of the comp does want to try Turns 1-3 before 2.1 comes, but they're still more interested in leveling multiple jobs right now. After Titan, we all just kind of took more interest in helping the rest of the guild build itself up to the same point. People are all over the place between equally leveling most crafts and classes at once now.

The dungeon EXP increase the best news we've gotten since the game launched, as that's what most of us do daily these days to avoid the FATE-drag.

WolvenOne

In that reddit thread about confirmed 2.1 content they said that another primal other than moogle and the extreme primals is confirmed... Any truth to this? I haven't heard anything about that.

I thought I heard, Odin, Leviathan, and Ramah, were going to be in 2.1. However, I have no idea how difficult these Primals will be in comparison to Extreme Ifrit, Titan, and Garuda, so there's no telling how long they'll keep me busy.

If they're ALL roughly on par with the Extreme Primals though, I could see Primals alone keeping me occupied for a month or longer.

I think many are hitting Titan wall atm. DF as a DPS at 2.00am took less than 10 min compared to 40 min Garuda DF. Just imagine how many poor souls have been wiped from that platform :(

WolvenOne

I think many are hitting Titan wall atm. DF as a DPS at 2.00am took less than 10 min compared to 40 min Garuda DF. Just imagine how many poor souls have been wiped from that platform :(

Heck, I think some people are even walling at Garuda. I pugged Garuda HM the other day, and was met by players who couldn't keep up with the mechanics, and healers that couldn't keep me alive through GAR's offensive. I mean, I'm a mix of Darklight and AF2. Even if I wasn't dodging Slipstream, (I was,) the Healers should have been able to keep me alive. I think the fact that so many people playing XIV, are completely new to the MMO genre, is really showing in that respect. Granted, I'm new too, but some people are going to pick up things a little fast than others.

Also, in that fight, the Off Tank didn't seem to realize how much better Darklight and AF2 armor is. He was mostly in Ampador gear, and seemed to think I wasn't geared enough for the fight. Probably thought I was using AF1 armor or something. XD

Edit: Heck, I'm even seeing some players still struggling with Ifrit. The difference there being that, so long as the two Tanks, a Healer, and a DPS are good, the other half of the party can be carried without too much trouble.

Heck, I think some people are even walling at Garuda. I pugged Garuda HM the other day, and was met by players who couldn't keep up with the mechanics, and healers that couldn't keep me alive through GAR's offensive. I mean, I'm a mix of Darklight and AF2. Even if I wasn't dodging Slipstream, (I was,) the Healers should have been able to keep me alive. I think the fact that so many people playing XIV, are completely new to the MMO genre, is really showing in that respect. Granted, I'm new too, but some people are going to pick up things a little fast than others.

Also, in that fight, the Off Tank didn't seem to realize how much better Darklight and AF2 armor is. He was mostly in Ampador gear, and seemed to think I wasn't geared enough for the fight. Probably thought I was using AF1 armor or something. XD

Edit: Heck, I'm even seeing some players still struggling with Ifrit. The difference there being that, so long as the two Tanks, a Healer, and a DPS are good, the other half of the party can be carried without too much trouble.

That's what happens when people power to 50 en masse via FATEs. Dungeons are much slower, but you will damn well know the intricacies of your class by the time you finally make it to 50. I saw someone say they were ready for Titan last night after completing Wanderer's Palace for the first time.

Needless to say, he was shamed into silence.

Alucrid

Banned
That's what happens when people power to 50 en masse via FATEs. Dungeons are much slower, but you will damn well know the intricacies of your class by the time you finally make it to 50. I saw someone say they were ready for Titan last night after completing Wanderer's Palace for the first time.

Needless to say, he was shamed into silence.
Just hit 50 Summoner last night with north than fates. Hope to do Titan tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom