• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have yet to do Garuda and Titan HM. At this point I feel like everyone has done those except me lol

Not at all. At least not Titan. But for Garuda though you might have to spend times to get a group together to run it. I can definitely help DPS if you're in Ultros. My character is Devil Gunlady.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
do you multi-meld the gear (with junk materia or otherwise) to make the spirit-bonding go faster?

A little info on this: As far as the ilvl 55 crafter sets, they will bond in roughly 192-193 one-star crafts (twinthread, nuggets, hippogryph leather etc.) with two aether rings equipped and four materia melded. You can imagine how long that would take if you are HQing all those (only worth doing if you sell mats). The same set with only three materia melded will be at ~89% when the four materia gear is fully spiritbonded, so the speed difference with each materia is significant up to that point. Materia #5 is not worth melding for bonding purposes. Four will be debatable if junk materia prices keep increasing.

Also there's a speed cap; I know with the FC spiritbonding buff up and two aether rings equipped my gambler's crown had no effect and, in general, is not worth losing another piece of bonding gear to wear.

Getting a craftsmanship or command IV often pays for all the crystals and mats you just used to bond by itself.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Is it just me or is the PS3 version a lot less stable lately? Had a complete freeze yesterday when I entered a Fate and today it crashed to the XMB when I was just running around. Never had those problems before.

A little info on this: As far as the ilvl 55 crafter sets, they will bond in roughly 192-193 one-star crafts (twinthread, nuggets, hippogryph leather etc.) with two aether rings equipped and four materia melded. You can imagine how long that would take if you are HQing all those (only worth doing if you sell mats). The same set with only three materia melded will be at ~89% when the four materia gear is fully spiritbonded, so the speed difference with each materia is significant up to that point. Materia #5 is not worth melding for bonding purposes. Four will be debatable if junk materia prices keep increasing.

Also there's a speed cap; I know with the FC spiritbonding buff up and two aether rings equipped my gambler's crown had no effect and, in general, is not worth losing another piece of bonding gear to wear.

Getting a craftsmanship or command IV often pays for all the crystals and mats you just used to bond by itself.

Excellent information, thanks xelios!

WolvenOne

That's what happens when people power to 50 en masse via FATEs. Dungeons are much slower, but you will damn well know the intricacies of your class by the time you finally make it to 50. I saw someone say they were ready for Titan last night after completing Wanderer's Palace for the first time.

Needless to say, he was shamed into silence.

Yeah, that's probably it. Granted, they're going to buff the XP you get for running dungeuns, but presumably that's a 2.1 thing. I cannot understand for the life of me why they're waiting for 2.1 on that though. They've already done a, "few," balancing tweaks already, for Gil, Phil, and Myth drops. It doesn't seem to me like this would be all that different.

Torquill

They really should put Coil on DF like... right now. Shouting doesnt work when everyone wants a BRD.
I agree. Even if completing all 5 turns is unlikely it's should be present for practicing.

Of course you have to decide how to handle matching varying progress. I guess you start by only matching people with the exact same progress. I wouldn't try to do anything involving being skipped ahead until a formal I game gear check is in place or you could troll T4 and 5 :p

WolvenOne

They really should put Coil on DF like... right now. Shouting doesnt work when everyone wants a BRD.

The upcoming BRD nerf should handle that.

Honestly, I don't mind that you can't DF it, I just wish players could backtrack and play with earlier groups. Just, disable their ability to roll on loot, don't lock them out entirely.

In dungeuns like these, it's not uncommon for groups to get hung up, because they're doing one thing wrong and missing it. Advanced players being able to run with the less experienced, would greatly alleviate this problem.

It'd also increase the pool of potential Coil players, especially late in the week.

Ferr986

I agree. Even if completing all 5 turns is unlikely it's should be present for practicing.

Of course you have to decide how to handle matching varying progress. I guess you start by only matching people with the exact same progress. I wouldn't try to do anything involving being skipped ahead until a formal I game gear check is in place or you could troll T4 and 5 :p

Yeah, they just need to split DF by Turns

Honestly, I don't mind that you can't DF it, I just wish players could backtrack and play with earlier groups. Just, disable their ability to roll on loot, don't lock them out entirely.

In dungeuns like these, it's not uncommon for groups to get hung up, because they're doing one thing wrong and missing it. Advanced players being able to run with the less experienced, would greatly alleviate this problem.

It'd also increase the pool of potential Coil players, especially late in the week.

Problem is not only that BRDs are prefered. Having shouts as the only reliable source outside statics is bad IMO, its just a big waste of time when you are shouting for hours with no avail because you cant find a setup to run Coil.
With DFing atleast you dont need to stay in the same area for hours shouting, and you can get grouped with players from other servers, so more options to get a group. Right now Im just wasting my time in Mor Dhona shouting for nothing (like the old FFXI days).

Coil beig hard doesnt matter IMO. HM Titan is hard (IMO , harder than Coil T1) and is DFable.

Backtracking Coil without being able to get drops is also a good idea. I wouldnt mind to backtrack Turns to help friends, they are really short anyways.

WolvenOne

Yeah, they just need to split DF by Turns

Problem is not only that BRDs are prefered. Having shouts as the only reliable source outside statics is bad IMO, its just a big waste of time when you are shouting for hours with no avail because you cant find a setup to run Coil.
With DFing atleast you dont need to stay in the same area for hours shouting, and you can get grouped with players from other servers, so more options to get a group. Right now Im just wasting my time in Mor Dhona shouting for nothing (like the old FFXI days).

Coil beig hard doesnt matter IMO. HM Titan is hard (IMO , harder than Coil T1) and is DFable.

Backtracking Coil without being able to get drops is also a good idea. I wouldnt mind to backtrack Turns to help friends, they are really short anyways.

Not sure I'd call Titan harder than Coil 1. Titan hits harder, at least until Cadaceus gets 2-3 stacks, but Titan's mechanics are far simpler. Not only simpler, but largely unchanged from Story Titan. It's only difficult because of how hard Titan hits, meaning there's far less room for error.

Caduceus however, has very complex mechanics, and even with some warning ahead of time, it's fairly common for players to run into that fight without a firm idea how to fight it at first.

Once you have the mechanics mastered, yeah, it'd be an easier fight than Titan. Until then, I'd say Coil 1 is just a leeeeetle bit more difficult.

pitbull

Banned

Why? so you can waste hours trying to kill ADS? Then the flood of tears people failing will lead to coil being nerfed.

The level of coordination needed for the fights is beyond a random group of people joining up and killing it. Working as intended and my favorite part about end game.

Ultrabum

Bard is the only dps that has an off gcd silence. That is why they are preferred. I doubt they are going to change this, thus bard will Always be 1/4 of the dps in coil, if not more.

Unless you want your tanks to be the only silences in turn 2, or have 1 monk try and silence the whole thing. Both of which are much harder than just having 1 or 2 bards.

WolvenOne

Bard is the only dps that has an off gcd silence. That is why they are preferred. I doubt they are going to change this, thus bard will Always be 1/4 of the dps in coil, if not more.

Unless you want your tanks to be the only silences in turn 2, or have 1 monk try and silence the whole thing. Both of which are much harder than just having 1 or 2 bards.

Yeah,but a lot of players will be able to play multiple classes by 2.1. If Bard DPS is considerably lower in 2.1, I could easily see some players switching to Bard for ADS, but switching back afterward.

So it'll become slightly less of an issue.

Ferr986

Not sure I'd call Titan harder than Coil 1. Titan hits harder, at least until Cadaceus gets 2-3 stacks, but Titan's mechanics are far simpler. Not only simpler, but largely unchanged from Story Titan. It's only difficult because of how hard Titan hits, meaning there's far less room for error.

Caduceus however, has very complex mechanics, and even with some warning ahead of time, it's fairly common for players to run into that fight without a firm idea how to fight it at first.

Once you have the mechanics mastered, yeah, it'd be an easier fight than Titan. Until then, I'd say Coil 1 is just a leeeeetle bit more difficult.

Well, both needs to know the fight very well to succeed, but Caduceus isnt as affected by lag or bad reflexes like Titan, is just knowing the fight, and DF is a good place to practice.

Why? so you can waste hours trying to kill ADS? Then the flood of tears people failing will lead to coil being nerfed.

The level of coordination needed for the fights is beyond a random group of people joining up and killing it. Working as intended and my favorite part about end game.

So what if its hard? As I said, Titan HM is also hard with a DF group, but theres still that option.
That doesnt mean you cant clear it without a static, people is clearing T1 and even 2 with shout parties (iIl give you T4, that is really hard without a set group).

Im not saying nerf Coil, I dont want to see that. Just put more options to enter, that shouldnt affect the difficulty of Coil (unless SE is stupid).

Ken

Greetings,

We are currently working on adjustments for patch 2.1 to make it so food effects do not wear off when you are KOed.

Shouta

If they could make food less expensive (through making the ingredients a less of a pain in the ass) and have more variety, that'd be nice too.

scosher

Im not saying nerf Coil, I dont want to see that. Just put more options to enter, that shouldnt affect the difficulty of Coil (unless SE is stupid).

They're implementing a LFG bulletin board in 2.1, so that should ease the difficulty in forming parties and address your concern.

Though Square really shouldn't be dumping everything into one mega-patch. Especially when the game is subscription based. The amount of content they're including in 2.1 is gargantuan, but going by usual MMO behavior, it'll be consumed in less than a month. And then we're back to where we are now.

They should try to split their dev teams so they have one focusing on the large content patches every 3 months or so, with big additions such as Crystal Tower, FC housing, PvP, etc...while also having a dev team work on smaller content patches that can be released monthly, such as hardmode dungeons, new 4-mans, daily quests (or other new ways to level), and new items/cosmetics. This keeps subscribers happy while also staggering how quickly we consume the content.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Greetings,

We are currently working on adjustments for patch 2.1 to make it so food effects do not wear off when you are KOed.

This is probably the most useful thing to come out of the patch next to the WAR update.

WolvenOne

They're implementing a LFG bulletin board in 2.1, so that should ease the difficulty in forming parties and address your concern.

Though Square really shouldn't be dumping everything into one mega-patch. Especially when the game is subscription based. The amount of content they're including in 2.1 is gargantuan, but going by usual MMO behavior, it'll be consumed in less than a month. And then we're back to where we are now.

They should try to split their dev teams so they have one focusing on the large content patches every 3 months or so, with big additions such as Crystal Tower, FC housing, PvP, etc...while also having a dev team work on smaller content patches that can be released monthly, such as hardmode dungeons, new 4-mans, daily quests (or other new ways to level), and new items/cosmetics. This keeps subscribers happy while also staggering how quickly we consume the content.

I would agree with this.

2.1 almost, (almost) makes this a whole other game, in terms of content and features together. Some of the stuff they're including though, has no buisness being held off for a mega update.

Rebalancing War alone, will change how many people play the game, and change the experience for a lot of people. I mean, just look at what happened when they changed the number and types of Myth/Phil you'd get for completing certain dungeuns. People went from running AK over and over and over and over, to jumping between AK, and WP. They even started devising Speedrun methods, to make WP more interesting.

That was the result of one, ONE, fairly modest change. There's no telling how much the gameplay would be shaken up with a dozen small changes like that, and that's well before any new content is being added.

So even if they saved content and features for mega patches, they should still do balance/adjustment patches on a monthly basis.

elyetis

So even if they saved content and features for mega patches, they should still do balance/adjustment patches on a monthly basis.
Can only agree on that.

I still don't get why things like the dungeon xp buff will only come with the 2.1.

Well I actually still don't get why they aim for such big patch on a 2.5-3 month schedule, when they could probably aim for smaller patch on a monthly schedule ( I'm confident it would be far more efficient a keeping people subbing, even more so during the first few month ), even more so when so many of those new content were actually supposed t be ready at release, so they probably don't need that much time to get finalised.

Reubeucent

Neo Member
How the heck would you ever beat Titan HM in a DF group? Five days of trying on my Warrior and still the closest I've gotten was 50%...

People go into that fight with 30-40 gear and expect to, what? Get carried?

gatti-man

I'd say titan is harder than coil 1. Spent two weeks on titan spent 30 minutes on turn one. Caduceus is easy. Burn him down and then burn the two snakes down evenly. Don't step on the light squares, LB last of the twin snakes, high five into the sunset.

How the heck would you ever beat Titan HM in a DF group? Five days of trying on my Warrior and still the closest I've gotten was 50%...

People go into that fight with 30-40 gear and expect to, what? Get carried?

That's how I did it. Sucked though. I could do titan blind folded now.

Can only agree on that.

I still don't get why things like the dungeon xp buff will only come with the 2.1.

Well I actually still don't get why they aim for such big patch on a 2.5-3 month schedule, when they could probably aim for smaller patch on a monthly schedule ( I'm confident it would be far more efficient a keeping people subbing, even more so during the first few month ), even more so when so many of those new content were actually supposed t be ready at release, so they probably don't need that much time to get finalised.

According to the dev comments on the official forums, they are pretty much holding everything back for 2.1 at this point because they are afraid if they make any changes now, it could introduce unforeseen bugs into 2.1, thus delaying its release. Or, they simply would not have enough time for adequate testing if they kept releasing updates leading up to it.

How valid this is, though, I don't really have the experience or expertise to say, but that's the official line at the moment.

WolvenOne

According to the dev comments on the official forums, they are pretty much holding everything back for 2.1 at this point because they are afraid if they make any changes now, it could introduce unforeseen bugs into 2.1, thus delaying its release. Or, they simply would not have enough time for adequate testing if they kept releasing updates leading up to it.

How valid this is, though, I don't really have the experience or expertise to say, but that's the official line at the moment.

For the first update, I can respect that. They're still bringing down the servers to fix bugs waaaay too often as is. If a significant patch was released at this point, I could see it exacerbating matters.

That said, eventually they're going to get out in front of all these launch-era bugs. Once that happens, they can probably afford to at least bring out balancing patches, and eventually even monthly updates shouldn't be that big of a problem.

I mean, the game at launch, is essentially the core game. You kinda expect the most bugs to be burred in that, due to the sheer size of the content. Monthly updates should be fairly small in comparison, so any bugs introduced there, shouldn't be as significant.

Thanks again to the people who helped me with story mode Garuda.

Got most of my AF SMN clothes...meh. All I'm interested in is the coat. Then it'll be on to upgrading to Vanya stuff!

So glad I checked my automatic renewal, was set to charge tomorrow. Gonna let my sub lapse for PS4 prep until they can get some decent endgame content. Hopefully that doesn't take another six months to a year. This isn't a MMO launch, it's a re-launch and they should have been more prepared with content for 50s.

Spirits Within (the PLD silence) is off the GCD. I should know, I had to use it the other week on Turn 2 ADS when one of our BRDs was KOed and getting Raised.

Kyoufu

Good groups use the 2 PLDs to silence, leaving the DPS to go balls out on damage.

Ultrabum

Spirits Within (the PLD silence) is off the GCD. I should know, I had to use it the other week on Turn 2 ADS when one of our BRDs was KOed and getting Raised.

Pld is dps???

I just think SE fucked up. You need silences off the gcd for ads in turn 1 and 2, and only pld and bard have this. It just makes them worse than war and other dps. Like, not only is war a worse tank, but they don't have a silence. It's just silly lol.

You want to nerf pld and bard, take their silences and give them to war and drg.

Zaptruder

Banned

But you can't rely on the paladins to silence ADS - between watching for stacks, moving out of repelling cannons and trying to get aggro up on the other tank, it can be very easy for them to miss High Voltage.

I know, because I was asked to be part of the silence rotation :p

Kyoufu

But you can't rely on the paladins to silence ADS - between watching for stacks, moving out of repelling cannons and trying to get aggro up on the other tank, it can be very easy for them to miss High Voltage.

I know, because I was asked to be part of the silence rotation :p

No different to the BRDs DPSing, dodging AOEs and passing rot.

Ken

it's not that bad

4 stacks is fine, and it's not too difficult to recover from as high as 6 stacks
repelling cannons is zzz
aggro shouldn't be a problem either as long as your other tank isn't popping combos
as long as you prioritize HV, recovery from the other things isn't too bad

High Voltage goes off every 23-25 seconds after the initial one (this is important because each one does their first HV at a different time but follows the pattern after that). Once you know that, silencing it even as a single Monk is pretty easy actually.

Ultrabum

High Voltage goes off every 23-25 seconds after the initial one (this is important because each one does their first HV at a different time but follows the pattern after that). Once you know that, silencing it even as a single Monk is pretty easy actually.

I timed it on youtube videos, and I got a range of 21-29, it's still possible on monk, but you lose so much dps and the skill required is much higher than 2 bards just hitting 1 key when they see the skill.

I'm a monk btw.

Alucrid

Banned

I did mini-ADS on my monk, was fun. I was switching on and off with our bard though, using his CD timer as a reference for when I need to be in Oppo-oppo.

Zaptruder

Banned

This is actually a pretty handy bit of info to know... helps on both paladin and bard.

I can set a macro to tell me when I can expect it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom