• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because the mechanics aren't the same doesn't mean the offense isn't the same.

You are killing players with monsters by interfering with their interface.
I have had some tense fights that if a trade window were to be popped on me, I would have died.

SE will see it as a form of griefing and will likely warn, temp ban, then perma ban the player.

That's a very, very, very loose interpretation. Getting in their way maybe, but not deliberately killing. If it came down to judgement being passed on either of us from SE, I'd like to think they would rather take action on the player deliberately breaking the game than somebody who wanted to be friendly and hand over some free items! I'm going to try it out next time I see a warper. If I get any kind of feedback from SE about it, I'll post it here.

EDIT:
The ones on Excalibur are evolving, they cancel the trade after about 10 seconds. I've been watching them teleport all over Eastern Thanalan this morning killing goats.

Christ. I'm glad I'm past that phase of Leatherworking. I spent hours upon hours farming them.

Marceles

I agree that they sometimes aren't presented optimally, buuut, there is an easy way to tell buffs and debuffs apart anyway. If you look at this image you can see that buffs point upward and debuffs point downward. Perhaps some people don't realize that.

Interesting HUD placements

Tomodachi

So guys I finished the main story a couple weeks ago and I just remembered I had to skip all the cutscenes from Castrum to the staff roll (included) thinking I would see everything from the inn. Well it turns out not every cutscene is there, so I was wondering if there is a youtube channel or something where I can watch everything. I couldn't find any, the only one good enough ended around
Garuda's
fight. Any help?

KeRaSh

Can we expect FFXIV ARR to come remote play enabled on the PS4? I would love to do some crafting or FATE grinding on my Vita on the couch while the missus watches TV.

Aeana

Can we expect FFXIV ARR to come remote play enabled on the PS4? I would love to do some crafting or FATE grinding on my Vita on the couch while the missus watches TV.
Yes. Yoshida has already talked about that a fair bit.

Kanokare

So guys I finished the main story a couple weeks ago and I just remembered I had to skip all the cutscenes from Castrum to the staff roll (included) thinking I would see everything from the inn. Well it turns out not every cutscene is there, so I was wondering if there is a youtube channel or something where I can watch everything. I couldn't find any, the only one good enough ended around
Garuda's
fight. Any help?

All of them should still be there in the log book. I don't remember where precisely but the last ones you should search for the dungeon like
CM and Praetorium
. Then the last cut scenes including the credits are on the first/main page at the bottom.

Torquill

Garuda's
fight. Any help?
It's counter intuitive, but you can't just look under main scenario. For example cutscenes that occur during Praetorium are under dungeons, under Praetorium.

Ken

i just tank anantaboga between the two torches
no one has complained yet and it's super easy to see too

Marceles

Since there will be a server maintenance on the 10th. Is it true that the tomes of myth reset after an server maintenance?

I hope not, but I hope the lag resets ever since the last maintenance. That demon wall fight was hilarious last night. Repel kicked in at the same time as the middle miasma move was ending and the side beginning

Jayhawk

This is what I did, the only problem is that the reward isn't always Diremite Webs.

Is there a Leve that gives Fleece... that's a bigger problem.

I used Gathering leves to switch out the rewards for a given leve. Every time you complete any leve, the list from the NPC resets. As for Fleece, level 40 levequests have a chance at giving out Fleece as a reward. I have been economical with my levequest hand-ins. I never collect the reward for more than one levequest at a time before checking with the Levequest NPC to see what rewards and what levequests are available. I use the same trick to spam Evaluation gathering levequests.

After tonight I'm ready to start a Coil group but I'm really not interested in doing a lot of pre-work or watching videos beforehand. Anyone in the FC care to do some blind runs and not really pressured to clear any time soon? I want to enjoy it without treating it like typical raid content, at least until I'm more familiar.

Jomjom

Banned
Does anyone know if one of the starter dungeons has a better drop rate for the foestriker's tabard? Literally spent about 10 hours in duty finder for all 3 dungeons and didn't even get a foestriker's skirt.

I'm almost level 30 now from dungeons. Help!!

Torquill

Ifrit definitely hates DRGs :(
Or is the problem that Dragoons love Ifrit?

Given that you have double the potential competition, and roughly speaking care more about your weapon, they should weight DOS weapons more. Or have it drop a DPS wep and random other.

Or have everyone get some little item that you can trade for tomes or after X can trade for weapon so you are guaranteed to get it eventually.

I HATE drops like this cause some poor bastard is never gonna get it due to being probabilities bitch. Give a guarantee after so many attempts. :(

Jayhawk

Does anyone know if one of the starter dungeons has a better drop rate for the foestriker's tabard? Literally spent about 10 hours in duty finder for all 3 dungeons and didn't even get a foestriker's skirt.

I think it's time to give up on foestriker drops and get ready to spam Brayflox for the infantry set. I doubt one starter dungeon has a higher drop for a specific piece over another dungeon. I'm guessing a specific drop is restricted to one boss/miniboss per dungeon though.

RNG is a cruel mistress. It could take any number of runs and you have to hope someone doesn't lot you for them. Get a group together who will be sure to lot the right stuff to you and go farm the dungeons you need.

Marceles

Or is the problem that Dragoons love Ifrit?

Given that you have double the potential competition, and roughly speaking care more about your weapon, they should weight DOS weapons more. Or have it drop a DPS wep and random other.

Or have everyone get some little item that you can trade for tomes or after X can trade for weapon so you are guaranteed to get it eventually.

I HATE drops like this cause some poor bastard is never gonna get it due to being probabilities bitch. Give a guarantee after so many attempts. :(

I'd include some kind of "increase drop chance" or something, but then eventually everyone would get it and be back to square one, but I agree

Lain

I'm wondering if Square looks at reports for people that gather from below the world and teleport between nodes, because I keep seeing the same person doing it in Central Shroud for days.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'm wondering if Square looks at reports for people that gather from below the world and teleport between nodes, because I keep seeing the same person doing it in Central Shroud for days.

That will become weeks or even months. They aren't too eager to go after these guys on an account-by-account basis it seems.

They may be working on a system to get these guys in a blanket fashion, but then more will just pop up.

It sucks to admit, but they are here to stay.

Mileena

Banned

I played FFXI for about 5 years and in my time playing they never did a single thing about RMTs/insta-claim hacks. Square don't give a fuck
unless you're an innocent millionaire crafter, then watch yo ass

I'm so excited to get on and level up gathering! (Why oh why is gathering so slow? Atleast crafting is hella fun and quick, dem leves)

Gathering is a slow and grindy process, utilize the leves, turn in the supply missions for the GC and be prepared to wack trees and bushes for hours at times. Plus it seems like the only thing worth gathering for money is shards and crystals.

Alucrid

Banned
I hate how some aether net points are nice and specific, like Arcanists Guild, then you have something Coral Tower...

HBroward

Only because you don't heal.

What? As a WHM I heal one of our tanks up to 5-6 stacks solo. It's really not a big deal. If you have someone proc the tail swipe as often as possible it really lessens the amount of damage going to the tank.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
What? As a WHM I heal one of our tanks up to 5-6 stacks solo. It's really not a big deal. If you have someone proc the tail swipe as often as possible it really lessens the amount of damage going to the tank.

I wish more melee DPS would realize this is an important mechanic. I get chewed out occasionally for triggering tailswipes when I'm just doing it to help the group.

Tomodachi

All of them should still be there in the log book. I don't remember where precisely but the last ones you should search for the dungeon like
CM and Praetorium
. Then the last cut scenes including the credits are on the first/main page at the bottom.

It's counter intuitive, but you can't just look under main scenario. For example cutscenes that occur during Praetorium are under dungeons, under Praetorium.

Oh I see, thanks a lot, I'll look further in the log then. Weird organizing but it's good that it's all there :)

Aeana

I wish more melee DPS would realize this is an important mechanic. I get chewed out occasionally for triggering tailswipes when I'm just doing it to help the group.

As a healer I don't get to pay attention to stuff like that as much as I'd like, so it didn't occur to me that you could trigger that on purpose. I think that'll help us a ton.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
As a healer I don't get to pay attention to stuff like that as much as I'd like, so it didn't occur to me that you could trigger that on purpose. I think that'll help us a ton.

I also trigger the tailswipe if it looks like the slime is coming in at a bad angle to remind the feeders what the range is.

Zomba13

I really wish they would update it so your DoTs on enemies are clearer. I know you're have a very light green tint to the remaining time but when in the heat of battle and glancing at the HP bar it can be hard to notice. Why not just make it a solid green or a darker green so you can instantly see which are yours?
It's not too bad if you're the only one casting those DoTs so you know that the icons will always be yours but when in a group with another of the same class it can get confusing, especially as the DoTs don't really have a clear order (like, all yours at the front or back or the icon queue).

pitbull

Banned

what..... i cant find anything that says who what why this procs other than "stay out of it"

HBroward

I believe it is about a 10s lockout before you can proc it again, it really is very useful for the burn method where you don't feed after the split.

Edit: You proc it by having a melee move behind the boss, they just need to make sure they get back out asap. It can be pretty brutal if they eat it when the snake has built up stacks. The reason it is useful is that the snake isn't hitting the tank while it is casting the tail swipe, so it gives you a free heal basically to stay caught up on the damage that goes out later on.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
what..... i cant find anything that says who what why this procs other than "stay out of it"

To proc a tailswipe, just move in range of a tailswipe. (and back out of course)

If you have a DRG or MNK, they will proc this as part of their rotation.
I do it very often during the crazy phases of this boss.

One thing that annoys me is DPS who keep spamming AOE attacks in dungeons, making it useless for me to sleep the mobs the tank isn't attacking, darnit guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom