• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awww yisss, AF2 body get.

DH7ZtzL.jpg

No more stupid hoplite shirt, ready for Coil. :D

Hubb

What? As a WHM I heal one of our tanks up to 5-6 stacks solo. It's really not a big deal. If you have someone proc the tail swipe as often as possible it really lessens the amount of damage going to the tank.

Yeah I solo heal it too. What I was responding too was a dps saying it wasn't a big deal if the boss gets one more stack (extra stack not 1 stack total). Of course the dps thinks it doesn't matter, they aren't healing it.

Not sure why you are responding the way you are.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Yeah I solo heal it too. What I was responding too was a dps saying it wasn't a big deal if the boss gets one more stack. Of course the dps thinks it doesn't matter, they aren't healing it.

Not sure why you are responding the way you are.

Honestly, as a DPS, I have no friggen clue about you healer folks other than SCH is mitigation and WHM fills the bar.

Never knew how crazy it gets until I got into coil and heard our WHM and WHM/SCH discussing that stuff.

Jomjom

Banned
I think it's time to give up on foestriker drops and get ready to spam Brayflox for the infantry set. I doubt one starter dungeon has a higher drop for a specific piece over another dungeon. I'm guessing a specific drop is restricted to one boss/miniboss per dungeon though.

Nooo I can't. I love the look of it (especially if they ever implement a vanity slot for body armor). I guess I just have to keep doing more of these dungeons and hope I get lucky one of these days.

chrono01

Hate to break it to you, but it's pretty usless to sleep the mobs anyway.
Yeah I've given up using sleep. Any time I do the tank or another DPS breaks it anyway. Given the current level of gear, especially for places like AK and CM, it's not really needed. I do Swiftcast it [if available] if I see a stray enemy attacking the healer, though, if just to but the tank time to pick it up.

Karuyag

I really wish they would update it so your DoTs on enemies are clearer. I know you're have a very light green tint to the remaining time but when in the heat of battle and glancing at the HP bar it can be hard to notice. Why not just make it a solid green or a darker green so you can instantly see which are yours?
It's not too bad if you're the only one casting those DoTs so you know that the icons will always be yours but when in a group with another of the same class it can get confusing, especially as the DoTs don't really have a clear order (like, all yours at the front or back or the icon queue).

Next update, they said that they will make it so that your debuffs are always the first on the list (far left)

dark_chris

Did a run on AK and when I was fighting Demon Wall, I accidentally angled left yet when he did repel, pushed me to the right and I fell. Big wtf.

Also, I'm sick and tired of losing on Titan, did the battle like 30 times and still lose. :(

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I have the filter on but all I seem to get is who logs in and who logs out...*shrugs*

You need to check the box under Chat > Free Company in the filters. Sounds like you just have Announcements > Free Company Announcements enabled.

Shouta

Woo! Titan down for me thanks to Soraan and his Free Company. It feels so easy with folks that know how to do the fight.

Woo! Titan down for me thanks to Soraan and his Free Company. It feels so easy with folks that know how to do the fight.

Yay! :) Yeah, the fight really isn't that bad once you get the hang of the "dance" in final phase. Of course, it takes a good bit of practice. xD If anyone else on Excalibur needs a Titan HM, let me know. My group runs it fairly often to get weapons for other jobs and just to help people. And no, we don't charge for help. We have a strict "no charging for Titan" policy, lol.

-----

Question if anyone can be of help. So... My friend who plays the game with me sometimes is a 1.0 player and had a chocobo already (just like me). But he cannot get the My Feisty Little Chocobo quest to spawn at Camp Tranquil - the one that lets you have a battle chocobo. He is up to Stone Vigil in the ARR storyline (but already had a 50 from 1.0), so he's well above the lvl30 required level. But it still isn't showing up. Anyone have any idea? I don't know what could be causing it.

@Kokonoe - lol @ image

teiresias

Yay! :) Yeah, the fight really isn't that bad once you get the hang of the "dance" in final phase. Of course, it takes a good bit of practice. xD If anyone else on Excalibur needs a Titan HM, let me know. My group runs it fairly often to get weapons for other jobs and just to help people. And no, we don't charge for help. We have a strict "no charging for Titan" policy, lol.

-----

Question if anyone can be of help. So... My friend who plays the game with me sometimes is a 1.0 player and had a chocobo already (just like me). But he cannot get the My Feisty Little Chocobo quest to spawn at Camp Tranquil - the one that lets you have a battle chocobo. He is up to Stone Vigil in the ARR storyline (but already had a 50 from 1.0), so he's well above the lvl30 required level. But it still isn't showing up. Anyone have any idea? I don't know what could be causing it.

@Kokonoe - lol @ image

Do you just have a Legacy chocobo you've been riding and haven't unlocked your actual Grand Company chocobo? Your companion chocobo will always be your GC chocobo, you can't party with your Legacy chocobo (as far as I know anyway). So you probably still have to do the GC quest to get that chocobo to proceed on to the companion.

The problem with Warriors - Bar Chart Edition

To put it as simply as possible: PLD's damage mitigation scales upwards with incoming damage, because it's based on % damage received. WAR's self-healing doesn't scale upwards because it's based on weapon damage, which is fixed. WAR's self-healing caps at well below the levels needed for survival in the Coil, and in fact even Titan HM's damage dealt exceeds that of WAR's ability to self-heal. This is why WAR cannot MT Coil and has so much trouble with Titan HM.

WAR also has the problem where all his cooldowns are total shit, but PLD gets even more mitigation on CDs which is additional % of damage received, and also Hallowed Ground which is 10 seconds of complete invincibility.

But there's nothing wrong with WAR according to Yoshi. Nothing at all.

Voror

Got a copy of the PS3 version as a gift. Not sure when I'll try it out though I think within the week should be fine. Been hearing a lot of good things from people so we'll see how it is. No idea what class I want to be though.

nikos

For WHM, should I buy myth gear or go for +1 on relic first? Most people are saying +1, but some are saying that it's not too good for WHMs. Still think I'm going to +1 either way.

Also, what kind of gear is required for coil? I just got my relic weapon and will be getting my final DL piece soon.

Ultrabum

For WHM, should I buy myth gear or go for +1 on relic first? Most people are saying +1, but some are saying that it's not too good for WHMs. Still think I'm going to +1 either way.

Also, what kind of gear is required for coil? I just got my relic weapon and will be getting my final DL piece soon.

Full dark light and relic seems to work for coil, not sure about turn 4 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom