• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what jobs are preferred for WP speed runs?

The "canonical" comp is PLD-BLM-BRD-WHM. My personal best so far is 10 minutes 44 seconds on my BRD which isn't particularly well-geared. By "personal best" what I actually mean is that I did a good job supplying MP to the PLD and giving the Foe's Requiem bonus to the BLM. :3

I've also done it as WAR tank, you don't need a BRD there because WAR doesn't use MP for their AoE aggro skill. So I tend to prefer WAR-BLM-SMN-WHM for doing it as WAR. The SMN's Shadowflare does a shitload of AoE DPS and it also slows the mobs, helping ease the amount of damage the WAR is eating during the pulls.

And what should i be using Tri Disaster for?

If you Tri-Disaster when Garuda summons her plumes in the first phase, they remain bound by her until they despawn and you can focus her down faster. This gets her farming times down.

Shouta

So what jobs are preferred for WP speed runs?

And what should i be using Tri Disaster for?

When you need to run or hold something in place, lol. Swiftcast is your friend in either situation.

Stopping plumes from dispersing to the pillars in Garuda is the most obvious usage. DOTs don't break the Bind so DOTing then Tri-Disaster will hold them in place for you as well for general usage.

edotlee

The Speedruns have a particular comp for very specific reasons. The melee DPS get kind of screwed but you can't do the Speedruns with MNK or DRG because they simply don't do AoE DPS which is what these SRs are predicated on.

Sorry for the late reply.. I have no idea about MNKs, but DRGs have a pretty decent AoE attack in Doom Spike. Along with Heavy Thrust, Blood for Blood, and Internal Release, it can hit for about 400 and crit for upwards of 600ish damage plus throwing in the occasional Dragonfire Dive for another 400-600 dmg. If the other DPS is doing decent AoE and the WHM is throwing in their Holys also, the DRG won't run out of TP before the enemies die. I believe well-equipped DRGs can do speedruns just fine, maybe not as fast as a BLM or BRD, but I've had under 20 min runs with a group that wasn't really trying for a quick run.

Alucrid

Banned
Sorry for the late reply.. I have no idea about MNKs, but DRGs have a pretty decent AoE attack in Doom Spike. Along with Heavy Thrust, Blood for Blood, and Internal Release, it can hit for about 400 and crit for upwards of 600ish damage plus throwing in the occasional Dragonfire Dive for another 400-600 dmg. If the other DPS is doing decent AoE and the WHM is throwing in their Holys also, the DRG won't run out of TP before the enemies die. I believe well-equipped DRGs can do speedruns just fine, maybe not as fast as a BLM or BRD, but I've had under 20 min runs with a group that wasn't really trying for a quick run.

You can do quick runs with any class, but if you're gunning for sub 10 minute runs that specific group is a must. Any melees won't cut it.

Mupod

The problem isn't dragoon AOE. You bring BLMs for sleep for the first pull, and their AOE limit break for the final trash pull.

You can replace the bard and rely on riot blade, but you have to move a bit slower. I don't think most people would complain about 15 minute runs though. I just like pushing the limits and going for those ~10 minute runs, because it's fun.

Heard from a friend: There's a hack that lets the hacker force a player to buy an overpriced item from the market board eg. 2m for a bone chip, thus allowing the hacker to steal gil from the player. This happens while the player is logged on so it isn't just a compromised account. Most likely an exploit related to the insecure server-client architecture allowing hackers to spoof transactions.

Reddit
Official forum

Mupod

thanks for bringing the servers down 40 minutes early while I was mid-craft, SE.

at least I hit 50 carpenter a couple minutes beforehand.

Elrina

Neo Member
Seems it was bad enough for them to force maintenance 40-45 minutes earlier than planned. Scary to think about how widespread it could be.

Heard from a friend: There's a hack that lets the hacker force a player to buy an overpriced item from the market board eg. 2m for a bone chip, thus allowing the hacker to steal gil from the player. This happens while the player is logged on so it isn't just a compromised account. Most likely an exploit related to the insecure server-client architecture allowing hackers to spoof transactions.

Reddit
Official forum

Hope this gets fixed soon. I may store most of my money on my retainer in the inn until then.

Reddit
Official forum

i laughed when i read allagan tin pieces moving by themselves :D so sneaky.

WolvenOne

Hope this gets fixed soon. I may store most of my money on my retainer in the inn until then.

About 4/5ths of my Gil is with my Retainer at all times.

This isn't a security thing though, I just use money more wisely when I only have a little on me at any given time. I'm hoarding as much as I can right now, so I can help buy Furniture for the Free Company building when 2.1 hits.

I want out building to be the biggest, most swaggin clubhouse in all of Eorzea!

About 4/5ths of my Gil is with my Retainer at all times.

This isn't a security thing though, I just use money more wisely when I only have a little on me at any given time. I'm hoarding as much as I can right now, so I can help buy Furniture for the Free Company building when 2.1 hits.

I want out building to be the biggest, most swaggin clubhouse in all of Eorzea!

Yeah, I have barely spent money, preferring to save up so I can get a really good vanya robe made. Wouldn't hurt to store it on my retainer.

Kenai

Except of course, that those retainers have just GOT to be skimming a little money off the top. How else could they eat? XD

I'd have probably hit 1 mill+ gil sooner if I didn't "celebrate" leveling a craft to 50 by buying them full AF (usually HQ). I can never say no, the AF looks so neat and you can dye it n stuff! At least I don't bother with materia socketing them (yet), that'd definitely ruin me.

That gilscam thing kinda freaks me out (I was in Gridana which I guess was "safer" than the other two towns). I hope they fix it, I worked really hard for my gil for the housing fun and can only imagine how pissed I'd be if that happened to me + wasn't resolved fast. SE doesn't seem like the hardasses they were dealing with gilsellers in FF11.

Taruranto

Btw, for those who want to use their retainers but don't want to enter into a city, the Wolfs' Deen is open. Just take the ship in Aleport (?).

Ken

super boredom

iVVjaRm96vo3j.png

can game be up yet

Resilient

Friday night, just finished work and really wanted to get stuck into - damnit server maintenance. I blame Charlie and his obsession with trying to Skype me yesterday :(

Ultrabum

No. You don't. ADS' rotation is entirely predictable. So you know exactly when a High Voltage is coming. This makes use of a GCD silence perfectly feasible.

This is only really true on ads in turn 1, but you can't solo silence ads in turn 1 without a pld or bard to start.

In turn 2 they come every 21-29 seconds. Theoretically possible with reduced dps, but very difficult. It's actually pretty easy until baltast comes out though. Once baltast comes out you have to reduce your dps to the point where you are only silencing. Keep in mind bard can do full dps and silence at the same time.

Lots of things are possible (no tank titan hm) but for a pug doing it for the first time, it's almost impossible for a monk to silence turn 2.

I'd love to see a video of a monk silencing the whole fight. I have personally silenced turn 2 many times, but never killed it by solo silencing, usually due to baltast or rot failing if I've managed to keep it together.

Krassus

But you can't rely on the paladins to silence ADS - between watching for stacks, moving out of repelling cannons and trying to get aggro up on the other tank, it can be very easy for them to miss High Voltage.

I know, because I was asked to be part of the silence rotation :p

I did it for weeks until we got a bard and unless you want to miss the silence your stuck doing 1-2, because rage of halone locks you in that animation and youll miss it =(

My best WP SR was with PLD, WHM, BLM, DRG. We got 10mins, 15s. Honestly, I'm not picky on the time. Anything sub 15mins is fine with me. xD

Alucrid

Banned
The problem isn't dragoon AOE. You bring BLMs for sleep for the first pull, and their AOE limit break for the final trash pull.

You can replace the bard and rely on riot blade, but you have to move a bit slower. I don't think most people would complain about 15 minute runs though. I just like pushing the limits and going for those ~10 minute runs, because it's fun.
Bard is mostly for foes which makes the blm do way more dmg.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I caved and finally got this game. Is UltrosGAF still active?

Taruranto

I usually just ignore RTM tells, but

vutCzny.jpg

I'm sorry, welcome to what?

Unless I'm missing sarcasm...

How is this possible as Turn 2 ADS has all the same mechanics, plus more?

I found T2 paralyze mechanic somewhat less punishing, for some reason.

If paralyze passes in T1 we ALWAYS wipe, on other hand I healed successfully through 2 paralyze without problems in T2. Plus ADS' ads in T1 are annoying as fuck.

I dunno.

Naar

Is there a way to set FC donations into FC chest?

As in members can put gil in, but only master or officers can take it out? I didnt see an option like that. It was just put full access or no access

Aeana

Is there a way to set FC donations into FC chest?

As in members can put gil in, but only master or officers can take it out? I didnt see an option like that. It was just put full access or no access
The permissions for the company chest are really awful. I really hope they address that sometime. And also include a transaction log.

tenchir

Is it just me or is the PS3 version a lot less stable lately? Had a complete freeze yesterday when I entered a Fate and today it crashed to the XMB when I was just running around. Never had those problems before.

Yeah, I noticed it too. Game freezed on me 4-5 times and usually either entering a fate or exiting a dungeon.

studyguy

I did it for weeks until we got a bard and unless you want to miss the silence your stuck doing 1-2, because rage of halone locks you in that animation and youll miss it =(

It's extremely rare that Repelling/Ballast goes off during High Voltage.
I've never seen it and have run it for like a month and a half now. As far as PLD silencing, we always have the OT at the time during ADS since he can afford to focus on that between switching. We also have a BRD back up for each tank though.

Alucrid

Banned
It's extremely rare that Repelling/Ballast goes off during High Voltage.
I've never seen it and have run it for like a month and a half now. As far as PLD silencing, we always have the OT at the time during ADS since he can afford to focus on that between switching. We also have a BRD back up for each tank though.

It really shouldn't since they're both have casting times.

Re: Ballast, we don't get this since we opt for the fire move. Definitely a bit more melee friendly.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
It really shouldn't since they're both have casting times.

Re: Ballast, we don't get this since we opt for the fire move. Definitely a bit more melee friendly.

Killing both the ballast node and the fire move node makes the battle even smoother.
Basically just worrying about Rot and void zones at that point.

Aeana

Killing both the ballast node and the fire move node makes the battle even smoother.
Basically just worrying about Rot and void zones at that point.

I think I'd rather deal with firestream than the void zones, especially with the way we organize ourselves for rot passing. But everyone has their own setup that they like, which is good if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom