• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechaX

Against my better judgment, I decided to resub for the next month. I pretty much don't have too much to do outside of farming WP/AK and maybe getting into a Coil group when that comes up. There's gathering too, but "YOU OBTAIN NOTHING" even at low levels is just so... unsettling for some reason.

But I suppose leveling up BLM/SMN will be a nice change of pace, at least before the 2.1 nerf puts bards into poverty status (maybe).

gryvan

it's not that bad

4 stacks is fine, and it's not too difficult to recover from as high as 6 stacks
repelling cannons is zzz
aggro shouldn't be a problem either as long as your other tank isn't popping combos
as long as you prioritize HV, recovery from the other things isn't too bad

Don't ever let me test that again ken ;_;
I think I remember getting to 8 stacks but by then I had to pop hallowed until the other tank could get ressed again or come back from d/c

Croyles

I'm the king of the world.

C3Ne9QK.png

Kweh

Does anyone remember a quest called 'A Fool and His Life are Soon Parted'? It's in Coerthas. You have to use some blood to lure a gorgotaur. I've found the place you are supposed to do it, but it keeps saying Invalid Target??

UrSuLeTzU

Wasting 1m of gil on crafted items only to have them replaced by ilvl90 stuff, now that feels bad.

I feel ya man.. Replaced a vanya caster robe with one savage might IV with alag tunic this week and although it looks amazing and the stats are great it means my 1 mil+ vanya is useless now :(

P.s: got 3 alag caster pieces from turn 1 and 2 this week, woot woot! :D

I have to say the most fun I had in a dungeon was the All Gaf run we did in Halatali where we didn't run with a tank and I tanked/dps'd the entire dungeon as SMN and Titan-egi serving as the tank. Was surprisingly pretty easy all things considered.

Ceebs

Why is crafting in this game the absolute worst crafting I have ever seen in an MMO? Who thought this was a good idea? I am sure the system is actually cool for max level stuff, but leveling is a goddamned chore and a half.

Aeana

Why is crafting in this game the absolute worst crafting I have ever seen in an MMO? Who thought this was a good idea? I am sure the system is actually cool for max level stuff, but leveling is a goddamned chore and a half.

I don't know, why is it? I think it's one of the best implementations of crafting in an MMO, personally.

Alucrid

Banned

Bad? No. Complex? Yeah. That's why I don't like it, but I'm not going to say it's the "absolute worst crafting" ever.

gatti-man

Submit hq stuff in leves, laugh all the way to 50.

hate to see less people log in every day. i miss some of my mates :(

and speed runs suck in this game. my best time was 15something minutes in wp without being serious about it. i felt tired soon after that being whipped through the dungeon and all. i think i rather do ak atm. less people expect to rush through it.

Mashing

I'm playing much more casual. Started playing some other games until 2.1 hits as I don't like where WAR's stand at the moment.

Crafting in this game is so relaxing. It's almost disgusting how much exp you earn turning in HQ items.

Time for me to start leather working.

Rocwell

I just got a profitable shout party for Coil T1 :D

Too bad the AF2 body is better and I was going to get all the required stones early next week :/

Af2 isn't a huge upgrade and now you get to spend your myth on other slots and have 2-3 ilvl 90 items instead of just 1. :\

Ferr986

Af2 isn't a huge upgrade and now you get to spend your myth on other slots and have 2-3 ilvl 90 items instead of just 1. :\

Yeah, thats what I though, get another piece and leave the body for last, if needed.

I really dont know what to get though, if Im not mistaken, AF2 pants are better than Allagan, but Allagan pant drops on T1 so they can be easy to get. Rest Allagan is better but drops on T2 and 4 :/

Alucrid

Banned

Nope. Af+1 has more det, which is our best stat and crit rather than ss which is useless.

Yeah, thats what I though, get another piece and leave the body for last, if needed.

I really dont know what to get though, if Im not mistaken, AF2 pants are better than Allagan, but Allagan pant drops on T1 so they can be easy to get. Rest Allagan is better but drops on T2 and 4 :/

Allagan pants are better for staying at the acc cap. Just buy the AF+1 boots if anything since it's a Turn 5 drop.

Alucrid

Banned
If you feel that the tomes spent on af+1 body is a greater benefit over allagan compared to your equip in other slots by all means do that.

It is a big upgrade, but like I said later in my post, which you cut out, to just buy the boots since they probably won't be dropping any time soon.

The only worthwhile myth items are chest, neck, ring and belt for drgs.

Ferr986

Nope. Af+1 has more det, which is our best stat and crit rather than ss which is useless.

Allagan pants are better for staying at the acc cap. Just buy the AF+1 boots if anything since it's a Turn 5 drop.

Thanks. I think Ill go for boots and hands or an accesory then.

orion434

Been doing TOO much gathering these past few days and not enough Crafting. Need to do some level grinding, stuck at 36 with my Bard and can't turn in the next story quest until I reach next level. Besides Fate Grinding, what's the next best way to gain levels at lv 36?

rykomatsu

Been doing TOO much gathering these past few days and not enough Crafting. Need to do some level grinding, stuck at 36 with my Bard and can't turn in the next story quest until I reach next level. Besides Fate Grinding, what's the next best way to gain levels at lv 36?

non-storyline quests (if you're a tank, dungeons would work OK due to instaqueues)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom