• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

To everyone who is in the GAF Free Company on Ultros:

We've had a couple of incidents with people being caught botting lately. It's difficult to deal with, because we've all become fairly close and it sucks losing someone you've been playing with, who's helped you, or whom you've helped. However, we have decided on a zero tolerance policy against this, because it affects the reputation of the FC if other people see you, and cheating is honestly a crappy thing to do. And besides, it's against the rules of the game, and SE will suspend you if you're reported regardless. People who are caught will be dismissed from the FC. So don't do it. I don't want to lose anybody else!

Also, if you view this OT but don't use the Free Company site, please sign up for it if you haven't, and please use it.

rykomatsu

Paging WolvenOne / Nua'dha "Nudie" Tia...

Link Shell guys are wondering if you had gotten the message that we might try to form a coil group at ~4pm PST (I know it wasn't too clear when we disbanded last night...)

But you're the boy- the girl should get on the door. :,(

I finally got my first non battle class to 50!

All the purple!

I'm working on gearing up and everything. What am I looking to need for getting the best HQ chance at unspoiled nodes? Any specific like rotation/abilities/whatever that gets the best results?

There's two routes you can go (that I know of).

A) You use your Toil skill to uncover the node without wasting a strike attempt, thereby allowing you to hit the node enough times to proc Deep Vigor for 100% chance of HQ on your last hit.

B) Get enough Perception to raise your HQ% to at least 1% on Unspoiled nodes, that way you can gain some benefit from Unearth II (you don't get any benefit from using it if you are at 0%) putting you at 31% HQ for each hit.

With method A you would be using: Toil (300 gp) > Sharp Vision II (100 gp) > Hit node 4 times > Deep Vigor (0 gp).

With method B you would be using: Manually uncover the spot > Unearth II (300 gp) > Sharp Vision II (100 gp) > Go to town hitting the node.

I started off using method A because the thought of 100% HQ appealed to me, but eventually I tried out method B and came away with triple the HQ I would have got using method A one time and fell in love. I'm a gambler though, so it was only natural that I would cling to method B.

WolvenOne

Paging WolvenOne / Nua'dha "Nudie" Tia...

Link Shell guys are wondering if you had gotten the message that we might try to form a coil group at ~4pm PST (I know it wasn't too clear when we disbanded last night...)

I'm trying to get there but I've been stuck watching my nieces. It shouldn't take too much longer to get this responsibility out of the way, but you may want to find a sub, If you haven't already.

Aeana

ff14-smnrelic.png

Third relic get. I figured I'd go ahead and do it since I already had SMN leveled and everything.

Rsinart

Quick question. I played the beta for the phases. I enjoyed it. Wondering if I decided to join up in Jan/Feb if its too late? I don't want to join if its hard to find groups at the lower levels now. Or will it still be easy to find a group to play with? Really wanted to join from the start but been busy with work and haven't had time.

GorillaJu

Quick question. I played the beta for the phases. I enjoyed it. Wondering if I decided to join up in Jan/Feb if its too late? I don't want to join if its hard to find groups at the lower levels now. Or will it still be easy to find a group to play with? Really wanted to join from the start but been busy with work and haven't had time.

People are constantly leveling secondary/tertiary classes and it'll still be that way in Jan/Feb. Definitely jump in. It's very welcoming for new players regardless of when they start.

GorillaJu

My groups gotten a nice balance except for healer loot. Everyone else getting good representation. Got the tank chest yesterday which was a nice boost

BadRNG

You plan on playing with friends or joining one of the GAF FCs?

There are a lot of people leveling other classes, but 99% of them will do it via fate spamming which is not really how you want to experience your first class. Right now the queue time for low level dungeons can be pretty brutal, especially if you are dps. You can't progress through the story without doing most of them either. This is why having a good FC early on can really help.

In 2.1(December's patch) they plan on buffing exp from dungeons and adding a random option with a reward, that should get more people into dungeons. Hard to say how much that will combat low level queue times until they implement it. Until then, or perhaps even after, getting into a large/helpful FC will help things a lot.

We never get tank loot and it's aggravating because our group is trying to gear up for Twintania and that's hard when only some stuff ever seems to drop.

We get shitloads of healer drops though, Saff is wearing 3 Allagan pieces now. I'm so jealous.

Yu Narukami

I need some advise. Right now I have almost half toxotes gear on my bard. In what order should I buy my darklight gear ?

Another thing that bothers me is, I won’t probably make it until Coil before 2.1. That’s why I don’t want to spend my myths tomes on gear, because Crystal Tower will probably drop iLv 80 gear, and I don’t want do be overgeared for it. But, if I farm philos I will lose myths because I don’t spend them. What should I do?

KeRaSh

Just posted my absence notice in the Ultros GAF Guildworks forums.
I'm currently still playing Pokemon X and will probably power through Zelda ALBW before the PS4 launches. Not sure the endgame grind can pull me back in before 2.1 hits but I will definitely be back. Subscription is still active since I might still jump in for a few short sessions every now and then.
I miss you guys already! ;_;

Ken

IBut, if I farm philos I will lose myths because I don’t spend them. What should I do?

Are you saying you're capped in myth tomes 2000/2000? If that's the case you really should be spending some on whatever class you think you'll play the most.

If you're saying you're just weekly capped then that doesn't really matter.

I need some advise. Right now I have almost half toxotes gear on my bard. In what order should I buy my darklight gear ?

Another thing that bothers me is, I won’t probably make it until Coil before 2.1. That’s why I don’t want to spend my myths tomes on gear, because Crystal Tower will probably drop iLv 80 gear, and I don’t want do be overgeared for it. But, if I farm philos I will lose myths because I don’t spend them. What should I do?
You can spend those myths on the +1 relic items. It's 900 tomes for each job.

UrSuLeTzU

People are constantly leveling secondary/tertiary classes and it'll still be that way in Jan/Feb. Definitely jump in. It's very welcoming for new players regardless of when they start.

Yup, and most people will help you with what you need if you get into a decent FC, the community in ARR is great.

Ferr986

was this posted?

The date has been set for the tenth installment of Letter from the Producer LIVE! During the livestream, Producer & Director Yoshi-P will be answering questions from fans across the globe. The letter will feature the latest information on patch 2.1, so don't miss this opportunity to gain insider knowledge on A Realm Reborn's first major update!
Date & Time
November 22, 2013 from 12:00 (GMT)

Themes
Enjoy a first glimpse of patch 2.1!
Ascend the Crystal Tower and take a tour of Pharos Sirius via never-before-seen footage of these two new dungeons.

Bear witness to the ferocity of Extreme Mode Ifrit, Garuda, and Titan, as well as the arrival of Good King Moggle Mog XII.

The tenth letter LIVE will also introduce new features including duty roulette, the aesthetician, hard mode dungeons, and a hard mode encounter with a memorable foe from the main scenario.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Q&A
Yoshi-P will answer questions taken from the official forum.

Miscellaneous Announcements

URL
YouTube Live (http://sqex.to/tvk)
Niconico Live (http://sqex.to/GiG)
Twitch (http://sqex.to/htj)

* The URL will be posted in the near future.
* Please note that the audio will be available in Japanese only.
* For viewing on smartphones, iOS 5 or later is recommended.

How to Submit Questions
Prior to the live stream, questions will be accepted in the designated thread on the official forum as well as the beta tester forum. It is also possible to ask questions during the live stream. To do so, please follow the official FFXIV Twitter account (@FF_XIV_EN) and send tweets containing the "XIVLive" hash tag.

Official Forum Questions Thread:http://sqex.to/9zu
Official FFXIV Twitter Feed:https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN

Themes
Features Coming in Patch 2.1
Crystal Tower
Pharos Sirius
Hard Mode Dungeons
Good King Moggle Mog XII
Extreme Mode Primal Battles
Aesthetician
Duty Roulette
* Details on the Wolves' Den, Beast Tribe Daily Quests, and Treasure Hunts will be revealed in the next LIVE letter.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

Questions will be forwarded to Naoki Yoshida who will attempt to field as many questions as possible, and to the best of his ability.
Those of you who are unavailable to view the live broadcast, never fear! All the questions and answers will be posted on the official Twitter account in real time. Furthermore, a Q&A summary will be released via the official forums shortly thereafter.

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/0584699b018b47e3c819557ae56899b520ca2008

So, if theres already another Live letter after this one, we may wait till mid-december for 2.1....

MechaX

The items from the Lightning FATE are already up on the Lodestone database. All are lvl 13 and, as expected, are shit state-wise.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/80ab02e9793/

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/ce33061eab6/

weapons are there, too

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/f745eea2b30/

Oh God, all of her FATE events are going to be level 13 to keep with the running joke, aren't they?

Zomba13

The items from the Lightning FATE are already up on the Lodestone database. All are lvl 13 and, as expected, are shit state-wise.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/80ab02e9793/

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/ce33061eab6/

weapons are there, too

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/f745eea2b30/

Yeah saw them the other day. At least some of the weps would be kinda cool in a vanity slot (if/when we ever get them).

studyguy

Lost 300k worth of philo mats last night by accident.
Feels bad man. Half asleep and hit the wrong button and blew them up.

Thought you got items back when you blew them up since they made it a bit more lenient since 1.0. Oh well...

pitbull

Banned
I have the same problem with my Accuracy right now, I ended up going for Grphyonskin Ring HQ to replace my Toxotes in order to help fill in the Accuracy lost. I've just noticed that a ton of pieces I could buy don't have Accuracy on it, putting me undercap, or I can buy a piece of ilvl 90 I already have Allagan for to get the accuracy back. It's quite a battle.

I'm at 455 acc and it's just going lower with the more gear I get. I'll have to look when I get home but maybe acc food is cheaper than crit. That would help out a ton more.

Darte

Lost 300k worth of philo mats last night by accident.
Feels bad man. Half asleep and hit the wrong button and blew them up.

Thought you got items back when you blew them up since they made it a bit more lenient since 1.0. Oh well...

Theres an ability (reclaim? I think) that gives you a 90% chance to recover items in a botched synth. Costs some CP to invoke but useful if you know you're gonna fail and want to recover the items at least (i don't think crystals are recovered at all)

studyguy

Theres an ability (reclaim? I think) that gives you a 90% chance to recover items in a botched synth. Costs some CP to invoke but useful if you know you're gonna fail and want to recover the items at least (i don't think crystals are recovered at all)

I had 100% HQ and was like yeah now is a good time for RAPID SYNTH with no buffs somehow while half awake.

Thanks Obama

rykomatsu

You'd hope they would at least be able to announce the date for 2.1 in the Nov. live letter.

Well...if the development work is based on a waterfall model, then yes. If it's based on agile methodology, then they have multiple small iterations where they could release a product. It's conceivable they're trying to get in as much possible by a certain date, but unsure if it'll slip a little or not. Actually, they might be working more on what to remove from the release at this point lol

WolvenOne

Yeah saw them the other day. At least some of the weps would be kinda cool in a vanity slot (if/when we ever get them).

I'd tend to agree. I'll take any Quests I can get, for the XP, but the vanity slot can't come fast enough. Even weapons and armor in their teens would be highly desirable if they looked swag enough, and could be worn without affecting stats.

Edit: Question, can someone explain to me why a vanity slot system is so difficult to implement? It seems like that'd be a quick and easy feature to add, but the fact the fact that they can't commit to a specific release date for that figure suggests otherwise.

how do you even figure out with 100% accuracy that someone is bot gathering

You see their name sort of underground. They are insta teleporting between nodes. I've reported 5+ people for doing this (none form the Sarg FC) but wouldn't hesitate to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom