• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man can I join your group?
We get everything except healer and tank loot.

Oh man lol you would love our group then all I ever see is drg tassets, body, maiming earring, striking pants, tank bracelet, healer ring, tank gloves, casting body and casting gloves. Like every fucking week lol. So frustrating Would kill to see brd neck or boots, boots more so then anything else.

RNG is such a devil's mechanic. Can't count how long it'd take just to see a certain drop and hope I win the lot on it. If dungeons weren't so fun in this...I'm not sure I'd ever bother.

Alucrid

Banned
Oh man lol you would love our group then all I ever see is drg tassets, body, maiming earring, striking pants, tank bracelet, healer ring, tank gloves, casting body and casting gloves. Like every fucking week lol. So frustrating Would kill to see brd neck or boots, boots more so then anything else.

Stop trying to steal my healer

Torquill

Edit: Question, can someone explain to me why a vanity slot system is so difficult to implement? It seems like that'd be a quick and easy feature to add, but the fact the fact that they can't commit to a specific release date for that figure suggests otherwise.
Depending on the feature specifics they may need to iterate on UI a few times before they nail it. They could be trying to out some kind of spin on it we don't know about. Or it could just be an issue of priorities.

WolvenOne

Depending on the feature specifics they may need to iterate on UI a few times before they nail it. They could be trying to out some kind of spin on it we don't know about. Or it could just be an issue of priorities.

Of those, priorities seems like the most likely culprit. Since the game probably needed another two months in development, they may be scrambling to flesh out the end game before sub levels drop too much.

Edit: In the short term, all of this is fine. However, I'd love, love, LOVE to see them compensate for the lack of this feature, by creating +1 versions of the cosmetic items, that you create by first acquiring the items, and then buying Myth or Phil tome items from Revenants Toll. They're talking about possibly raising the Myth cap anyway, so they should increase the number of items that're bottle-necked by Myth, to compensate.

Still, even Odin+1 Armor would still be junk by the time the level cap was raised to 60, so it wouldn't reduce the long term need for a cosmetic slot. It'd just, artificially extend the end-game content by a few weeks, which isn't ideal but, it's still good.

th3dude

How is this game for a beginner? I have MMO experience but never played any FF games.

Might be getting bored with Guild Wars 2 and looking for something new.

WolvenOne

How is this game for a beginner? I have MMO experience but never played any FF games.

Mmm, for a reeeeaaal veteren of MMO's, I'd suggest waiting for 2.1, and maybe trying to catch the game during a Holiday sale. There's a decent amount of content in the game, and it's reasonably well made, but veterans have a tendency of just burning through content like nobodies business.

The total content available at 2.1, will be much much greater, and if you grab the game during a Holiday sale, you won't have lost much if you decide you don't like that game, during the one month trial.

Totally love the game myself, but that's my intellectually honest answer.

th3dude

Mmm, for a reeeeaaal veteren of MMO's, I'd suggest waiting for 2.1, and maybe trying to catch the game during a Holiday sale. There's a decent amount of content in the game, and it's reasonably well made, but veterans have a tendency of just burning through content like nobodies business.

The total content available at 2.1, will be much much greater, and if you grab the game during a Holiday sale, you won't have lost much if you decide you don't like that game, during the one month trial.

Totally love the game myself, but that's my intellectually honest answer.

Eh, I'm hardly a veteran. Probably would call myself a casual, I've just played MMOs a decent amount so I understand core concepts.

WolvenOne

Eh, I'm hardly a veteran. Probably would call myself a casual, I've just played MMOs a decent amount so I understand core concepts.

I'd still hold off for a holiday sale though. Seeing as the game only costs 29.99 new, for a direct download, it wouldn't take much of a sale to get the game down into, "low risk bet," territory.

WolvenOne

Thanks. I appreciate the responses.

To reiterate, I really do love the game. It's pretty, the story is nice, the combat is enjoyable, and while the community had a rocky start it seems to be shaping up nicely now.

It just, doesn't make sense to buy the game when it's probably going to go on sale, multiple times, over the course of the next month.

WolvenOne

hWzA0SV.jpg

AHHHH!!! WAAAAANT!! D:

chrono01

I have to say, doing a non speed run of WP is much less stressful than a speed run.
I agree.

I know a lot of people enjoy speed-runs to see how fast they can complete content, and that's definitely fine. I can see the appeal in it as it gives you something further to stride towards and can increase the entertainment for some.

However, I'm usually in no rush/hurry to finish a dungeon and prefer to take my time while I work my way through it [such as listening to music or something in the background] rather than SR it nonstop and have nothing [except Bahamut's Coil and Leves for leveling Classes] to do for the remainder of the week. It's why I work in both Wanderer's Palace as well as Amdapor Keep runs.

Kenai

I have to say, doing a non speed run of WP is much less stressful than a speed run.

Yea, it took me a little while to realize it but i very much dislike WP/Prae speedruns as a healer. There isn't that much time saved and it's a heck of a lot more work than normal runs.

Kyoufu

you mean stuffing the tank in conflag when ds casts?

Yeah, but if the timings aren't aligned then you won't be able to do that. We usually stop DPS at 86% until the next DS. I assume you know the basic mechanics of that phase, like going into the conflag if you have fireball target on you, etc.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Well, which part are you having trouble with? Are you lining up conflags with death sentences?

Is there a way to line these things up since the phase starts when the neurolink drops?

Our main issue is 3 or 4 conflags in, we get a 10 second conflag that wipes us. (even though fireball only hit 2 people and 1 fairy)

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Yeah, but if the timings aren't aligned then you won't be able to do that. We usually stop DPS at 86% until the next DS. I assume you know the basic mechanics of that phase, like going into the conflag if you have fireball target on you, etc.

How do you know when 86% comes? Is there an overlay or program that shows this visually?

frequency

This game is more designed for MMO beginners than other recent MMORPGs. It's also a significantly different experience from Guild Wars 2. Definitely check it out if you're interested.

I personally don't feel it's worth waiting for a sale if you're interested now. It's not like it's going to be a significant sale when it's already $30 (well I guess that depends how much money you have to spend). Keep in mind that unlike Guild Wars 2, this has a monthly subscription fee.

studyguy

In less than an hour I'll be running through BC again and not getting anymore drops for another month. Tanaka saw fit to give me one accessory last week and I think he's pleased. The fact that I lost 300k by accident last night proves it.

Praise Tanaka ;-;

WolvenOne

This game is more designed for MMO beginners than other recent MMORPGs. It's also a significantly different experience from Guild Wars 2. Definitely check it out if you're interested.

I personally don't feel it's worth waiting for a sale if you're interested now. It's not like it's going to be a significant sale when it's already $30 (well I guess that depends how much money you have to spend). Keep in mind that unlike Guild Wars 2, this has a monthly subscription fee.

The Sub is why I suggest waiting. Full context, I'm actually planning to buy FFXIV for my brother in law for Christmas, but I'm going to try holding out for a sale, so that I can take the money saved and buy him a month of play time. That would give him till the beginning of March to decide whether he wanted to continue playing.

He may decide not to after that point though, since college classes start back up for him in April. Either way, holding out for a sale makes it easier for people to justify that first month of subscription, and since it takes about two months to fully judge an MMOs, that seems prudent.

But, I'm also a bit of a miser with my gaming dollars, so, perhaps that's my inner cheapskate talking again.

Taruranto

O6L1hSI.jpg

Yay, 4k HP barrier without food and party buff passed.

Now, I'm trying to parse my healing, but FFXIVAPP doesn't seem to work with me. It only records the damage taken for some reason, and no matter how much i spam Psysick, the healing count will always be zero.

Any tips?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
O6L1hSI.jpg

Yay, 4k HP barrier without food and party buff passed.

Now, I'm trying to parse my healing, but FFXIVAPP doesn't seem to work with me. It only records the damage taken for some reason, and no matter how much i spam Psysick, the healing count will always be zero.

Any tips?

use LogRep2.

It doesn't do real-time parsing as easily, but it does a hell of a job post dungeon.

ThinFinn

So my static coil group informs me that they'll need me to bring a bard instead my dragoon who's as geared as she can be pre-coil. </3 Back to farming more tombs.

Mandoric

Banned
10/19 jobs 50, think it's burnout time

If we're seeing art of new veteran rewards, I guess 2.1 is before Dec. 16th. That's the day when the first 120-day billing occurs.

WolvenOne

Honestly, I kinda dislike it. :< The mount is cool as fuck, but the fact that everyone can basically obtain it with no effort makes it lame.

While I do wish they'd put up more Mounts that you earned as a result of in game quests and achievements, I don't really blame them in this case. It's clear they're using these rewards to give people added incentive to stay subbed, and especially early on, that's kinda important.

Besides, there are enough mounts by now, that you'll only see a handful of people riding any given mount, in a given area. I mean, a lot of people really like them Coeurl mounts after all, and won't necessarily ditch em. Same goes with Chocobo, Unicorn, Magitech Armor, etc etc.

Ran Halatali a few times, once via DF and another with a pair of GAF folk as SCH. Gotta say healing as SCH on the earlier dungeons is almost too easy. Anyone have a decent SCH guide?

Aeana

10/19 jobs 50, think it's burnout time

If we're seeing art of new veteran rewards, I guess 2.1 is before Dec. 16th. That's the day when the first 120-day billing occurs.

They showed it on the last letter. Plans could've changed since then.

Ran Halatali a few times, once via DF and another with a pair of GAF folk as SCH. Gotta say healing as SCH on the earlier dungeons is almost too easy. Anyone have a decent SCH guide?

Healing on all early dungeons as a higher level character who's been scaled down is super easy. On SCH in particular, at that level you have more healing power than a WHM since WHM doesn't have cure 2 yet, but with physick and the fairy, you're belting out much more powerful heals than a WHM can. It's too bad SCH has a big disadvantage in the 30-40 level band dungeons since they don't have leeches at that point.

I don't have a guide or anything, but I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom