• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

I feel offended that I wasn't mentioned as a reason on why you became a great healer. You could probably write a whole chapter titled "Horrible tanks and me healing them". Guess that means I'm not doing my tanking job well and from now on will do 5 group pulls in WP!!

Well, you certainly helped me quickly become acclimated to the job, but I still didn't really like it much at that point.

WolvenOne

Well, you certain helped me quickly become acclimated to the job, but I still didn't really like it much at that point.

I myself, always start WP with a 2 Group pull, and see how well the group handles it before settling on a general pace.

Mind you, sometimes I'm feeling impatient, and I let that skew my judgement. For the the most part though, adjusting your Tanking strats to fit the party makes sense, and starting with a medium sized pull is a decent way of taking a groups measure.

Aeana

I myself, always start WP with a 2 Group pull, and see how well the group handles it before settling on a general pace.

Mind you, sometimes I'm feeling impatient, and I let that skew my judgement. For the the most part though, adjusting your Tanking strats to fit the party makes sense, and starting with a medium sized pull is a decent way of taking a groups measure.

Well, Khatoz/Yenn isn't quite that considerate. In WP, you'll fight everything before the first boss at once, and you'll like it.

Aeana

COUNTDOWN TO LIGHTNING-HIMESAMA'S GRACEFUL DESCENT

t1384416000z4.png

Well, Khatoz/Yenn isn't quite that considerate. In WP, you'll fight everything before the first boss at once, and you'll like it.

I've gotten the opposite (as far as the Duty Finder goes anyway) I start slower with 1-2 groups at a time, but I always seem to get the WHM that thinks we're going too slow and starts pulling for us---and we wipe. If it isn't the WHM, it's the Dragoon---and we wipe (really they just die and I run off and drag the mobs back to our spawn so they get no downtime because I'm spiteful). The only times I go to three groups now is with my own Free Company, as they're the only ones I can trust to keep me alive/DPS fast enough.

J-Rod

So relieved to get my first relic on whm. I know it's not much of accomplishment considering everyone else is already working on their 5th, but I was seriously getting the Titan blues after being full DL with 900 philo and 900 myth saved up and no win.

studyguy

That mainpage thread is painful.
I don't understand the need to bash content that is completely skippable. Content is content, Lightning or not.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
That mainpage thread is painful.
I don't understand the need to bash content that is completely skippable. Content is content, Lightning or not.

It's Lightning. Lightning is painful. Lightning is the representation of the lost generation that was Final Fantasy during the PS3 era.

Square is forcing us to relive this heartbreak over and over again. We try to distance ourselves, then they push her into our universe again.

They won't stop twisting that knife. :(

studyguy

It's Lightning. Lightning is painful. Lightning is the representation of the lost generation that was Final Fantasy during the PS3 era.

Squire is forcing us to relive this heartbreak over and over again. We try to distance ourselves, then they push her into our universe again.

Who cares? The complaints are an old hat. I don't play the damn XIII games , but every time it's mentioned it only serves to spawn page after page of the same complaints over and over. It's silly, especially over optional content.

WolvenOne

I've gotten the opposite (as far as the Duty Finder goes anyway) I start slower with 1-2 groups at a time, but I always seem to get the WHM that thinks we're going too slow and starts pulling for us---and we wipe. If it isn't the WHM, it's the Dragoon---and we wipe (really they just die and I run off and drag the mobs back to our spawn so they get no downtime because I'm spiteful). The only times I go to three groups now is with my own Free Company, as they're the only ones I can trust to keep me alive/DPS fast enough.

Well, I deal with that by asking, before anyone has even had a chance to leave the circle, what speed run everyone's aiming for. Usually we get one person saying, "fast," with two other saying slow, or, "whatever."

It doesn't actually affect my decision to only pull 2-3 mobs to start, but it disarms the group a bit, gets them talking and onto the same page. From that point on, it's usually easier to get one member to slow down, if the group isn't good enough to be rushing through.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Who cares? The complaints are an old hat. I don't play the damn XIII games , but every time it's mentioned it only serves to spawn page after page of the same complaints over and over. It's silly, especially over optional content.

If your close friend died, would you want to see your close friend's murderer around every corner?

Same thing here, except it is mainline Final Fantasy that died.

studyguy

If your close friend died, would you want to see your close friend's murderer around every corner?

Same thing here, accept it is mainline Final Fantasy that died.

t's a video game franchise, nothing more, nothing less. You and everyone else in this thread is actively playing the next mainline installment in that dead franchise and a crapload of people are ready to eat up XV.

The overly dramatic responses to the game are what happen every time a new installment drops. It's fine to complain of course, but it gets old. FF dies every time a new installment comes out then later people are reasonable in talking about it in retrospect. Every damn time.

Square is forcing us to relive this heartbreak over and over again. We try to distance ourselves, then they push her into our universe again.

You speak in absolutes as if every FF fan hates XIII series. Simply not true. I dig XIII and XIV and am eagerly awaiting this event. Although I really need to play more seeing as I am only LV 22.

Alucrid

Banned
t's a video game franchise, nothing more, nothing less. You and everyone else in this thread is actively playing the next mainline installment in that dead franchise and a crapload of people are ready to eat up XV.

The overly dramatic responses to the game are what happen every time a new installment drops. It's fine to complain of course, but it gets old. FF dies every time a new installment comes out then later people are reasonable in talking about it in retrospect. Every damn time.
It's a joke. Go blow up more tome mats

Well, I deal with that by asking, before anyone has even had a chance to leave the circle, what speed run everyone's aiming for. Usually we get one person saying, "fast," with two other saying slow, or, "whatever."

It doesn't actually affect my decision to only pull 2-3 mobs to start, but it disarms the group a bit, gets them talking and onto the same page. From that point on, it's usually easier to get one member to slow down, if the group isn't good enough to be rushing through.

Yeah, engaging with them, I can usually get the DPS to cool it down some, but the White Mages (and I have no idea why it's always them and not Scholars) always seem to just get hostile/flustered and leave.

studyguy

It's a joke. Go blow up more tome mats

kotick_shrug.gif

Forgot about that, already made the HQ anyway. Anyway, hope everyone just gets over it. FF thread so people are going to be all over the board, but the only the people who piss and moan seem to be the most vocal.

WolvenOne

My basic take on the Lightning quests.

Eh, it's content, and it's optional. I don't like 13 at all, but I'll finish the Lightning Quests for the XP.

I don't like that there are level requirements for the Lightning stuff all the way up to 45.

That cuts out a large percentage of their players - the "casual" players that would most enjoy stupid cosmetic things of no statistical value and silly side events "just for fun".

There's always something else to complain about, I guess.

Bossun

When do you guys think it's okay to start farming amdapor without being treated like crap because of your stuff?

I'm a DRG, 4 pieces of Darklight and Ifrit weapon.

I think by the time I finish farming Darklight I'll be able to skip the darklight chest and get the wyrm's one instead, and probably have enough to forge my relic+1.

Sounds like a good plan to you?

Uthred

When do you guys think it's okay to start farming amdapor without being treated like crap because of your stuff?

I think by the time I finish farming Darklight I'll be able to skip the darklight chest and get the wyrm's one instead, and probably have enough to forge my relic+1.

You're more than geared for it

Resilient

Thanks to my shitty connection I've already lost a few good days of play time, and will lose a few more while they try to fix whatever the problem is. Quite frustrating :(

BTW, who is Xelios in this thread? I feel I've asked it before and forgotten ... I'm no good with names.

I'm sure if you were in your AF armor, you'd be okay for AK...I think.

Zaptruder

Banned

waa waa wee waa.

As a long time FF fan, I'll be happy to see cross over stuff promotional stuff. Maybe we'll get FF15 stuff when that releases too.

Some Cloud/Tifa/Aerith costumes would be swell too, but that's got not reason of happening, so won't be holding my breath for it.

wrongway

Man, another night where I can't log in because the launcher is just empty black nothingness. Come on, Squeenix. :[

edit: Oh hey, after trying off and on for two hours, it decides to work immediately after I complain about it. Woo. \( ._.)/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom