• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

scosher

I've read the +spiritbind stats aren't really worth it over just spiritbinding another piece of gear in that slot. The difference is negligible. The real bonus is spiritbinding HQ gear, socketed with some cheap materia.

I usually spiritbond crafting jewelry while running AK on my healer. Takes 2-3 runs to fully spiritbond, and I also get tomes for my time. Crafting jewelry will always net you a materia that'll sell for at least 10k, and 25k if you get the Command materia (+control). Helps that I have a 50 GSM to HQ the accessories easily and meld at least one materia into it.

Should I do Aurum Vale once I hit 47 or should I wait until later? I would like to get it out of the way asap but if I should wait, I will wait.

Jayhawk

Should I do Aurum Vale once I hit 47 or should I wait until later? I would like to get it out of the way asap but if I should wait, I will wait.

The biggest and maybe only issue with Aurum Vale is the boss, and the AV boss is dependent on all four party members pulling their weight and reacting quickly. I don't think being 47 will be much of a detriment. The dungeon is capped at level 49. Make sure you have the Grand Company quest asking for AV completion when you do it to get rank up.

WolvenOne

Really need to clear out my old WAR and PLD items from my retainer. I really got attached to some of those items, but it's not a if I can level these classes a second time.

I suppose I could convert it into materia and sell it. Even junk materia sells for, okay Gil.

Yu Narukami

Yesterday on Ultros, after doing Ifrit with 2 WARs and Garuda with a few PUGs, our group decided to do Titan. I wonder how that went, as I had to leave.

Never did Titan HM, should I learn the patterns with PUGs or try directly with some FC players?

chrono01

Yesterday on Ultros, after doing Ifrit with 2 WARs and Garuda with a few PUGs, our group decided to do Titan. I wonder how that went, as I had to leave.

Never did Titan HM, should I learn the patterns with PUGs or try directly with some FC players?
You can jump in with a few Duty Finder groups and learn the first half of the fight. It's unlikely that they'll make it past the heart, although I have been in a few that did, and if they do it will likely fall apart after that [most likely due to the tank dying or people not dodging the bombs correctly].

Once you learn the basics you should be able to get into a FC group. We're usually doing it pretty consistently, especially on the weekend, and I'm always willing to help out another member.

Ken

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/000542.html

JP20131112_1.jpg

Tash

I did a lot of Pugs just to get the pattern down before the heart - unfortunately the bombs after the heart is what most players have issues with (line bombs + Landslide). It will still help you to learn the fight before heart phase.

As said above, the most tricky thing is the phase after the heart. It also helps to watch some videos to know what you need to look out for and to see how to deal with the line bomb pattern.

Also, what job are you? To be honest, the fight is quite easy for non healers, as long as you can dodge everything. It's hard on us healers though (I have this love hate relationship with the fight..)

Did one shot it with the FC after practicing with DF for a while. Just get ready for some really frustrating runs with abusive wannabe elitists. My fav moment when someone made fun of me and the other WHM for coming into Titan with AF (he obviously didn't know the difference between AF1 and AF2 (or AF1.5 since AF2 is going to be something else..)

Yu Narukami

I did a lot of Pugs just to get the pattern down before the heart - unfortunately the bombs after the heart is what most players have issues with (line bombs + Landslide). It will still help you to learn the fight before heart phase.

As said above, the most tricky thing is the phase after the heart. It also helps to watch some videos to know what you need to look out for and to see how to deal with the line bomb pattern.

Also, what job are you? To be honest, the fight is quite easy for non healers, as long as you can dodge everything. It's hard on us healers though (I have this love hate relationship with the fight..)

Did one shot it with the FC after practicing with DF for a while. Just get ready for some really frustrating runs with abusive wannabe elitists. My fav moment when someone made fun of me and the other WHM for coming into Titan with AF (he obviously didn't know the difference between AF1 and AF2 (or AF1.5 since AF2 is going to be something else..)

I'm doing the Relic quest for BRD.
That's what I fear. I don't know if I should practice with DF since I'm still undergeared. Only have a few toxotes items and no darklight. And frankly I don't have the time to grind WP/AK forever.

Tash

That's what I fear. I don't know if I should practice with DF since I'm still undergeared. Only have a few toxotes items and no darklight. And frankly I don't have the time to grind WP/AK forever.

I would just jump into some DFs anyway. It will be super scary at the beginning (just watch some videos first to not be TOTALLY unprepared) but yeah, people will shout at you for missing gear and be jerks. Just swallow it and learn the fight (I was ok geared with Garuda Weapon when I went in).

The problem is that it's a DPS check - while the fight itself is not that hard for non healers in terms of mechanics, you do need decent gear to make it through the heart phase.

Also, HPs are a concern. How much hitpoints do you have right now?
During the phase after the heart Titan's Stomps will take a huge chunk of your HP to the point where you might get one shot before a healer can get you back up (and bombs will probably one shot you too if you can't dodge them). Even though, as always, people overexaggerate when it comes to gear requirements. In pugs where you won't have a lot of super geared members that can take a bit of your slack if you can't push out anough dps, it can be a problem, though.
I had some extra food for a bit more HP on some of my first tries and was able to eat the bombs when I was still stumbling around like a headless chicken :)

Yu Narukami

But I'm sensitive, I don't want to be yelled at. :) I have been farming Garuda to have the weapon but no luck until now. Still have the GC weapon.
By the way, are you on Ultros? What's your characters name?

But I'm sensitive, I don't want to be yelled at. :) I have been farming Garuda to have the weapon but no luck until now. Still have the GC weapon.
Farm Ifrit first. It will give you a good edge on Garuda, plus it's way easier and more likely that you'll find a group than can kill him.

aceface

My wife (Leolin) was farming Garuda for her weapon last night when the Ultros FC folks in the party decided to drag her along to Titan. She had never even seen a video of the battle before and died early on, but the rest of the party carried her through. Now she can go back and master the battle with her relic instead of having to keep farming Garuda + Ifrit 800 more times. Long story short, GAF FC rocks!

Yu Narukami

My wife (Leolin) was farming Garuda for her weapon last night when the Ultros FC folks in the party decided to drag her along to Titan. She had never even seen a video of the battle before and died early on, but the rest of the party carried her through. Now she can go back and master the battle with her relic instead of having to keep farming Garuda + Ifrit 800 more times. Long story short, GAF FC rocks!

Don't tell me it was the same party that I left before fighting Titan.

Tash

No :( I am on Phoenix. Otherwise I would have joined for a few Titan practice runs with you.
Char is Kyomi Dreamweaver.

kierwynn

Late reply is late, but thanks for the tips! Gonna try them out and see what I like best. :)

Well, I think Elliott was the ringleader.

I prefer evil mastermind, thank you! Really, though, she should thank Drama. We were getting a Garuda ready for Xarielle and Bookey cause they needed that + Titan for their relics and Drama reminded me Leolin needed Garuda for weapon. Then we figured we'd drag her along for Titan, too. lol

I was planning to set up some Titan runs this weekend, but everyone I knew of that needed it we managed to get through last night. If several people still need it, though, I can try and do that. Just let me know!

And now for what I came here to post- relic #5 (blm) get!

Red Xiii also got his war axe and Gryvan got his sch book in the same run. Later, Xarielle, Bookey, and Leolin got their kills, so it was a successful night. Thanks to everyone that helped out. <3

If you organize something on sunday, count me in if I'm online. I'd love to get revenge for that lagged landslide that killed me off at the end of the fight in the GAF group we did last week.

Yu Narukami

Late reply is late, but thanks for the tips! Gonna try them out and see what I like best. :)

I prefer evil mastermind, thank you! Really, though, she should thank Drama. We were getting a Garuda ready for Xarielle and Bookey cause they needed that + Titan for their relics and Drama reminded me Leolin needed Garuda for weapon. Then we figured we'd drag her along for Titan, too. lol

I was planning to set up some Titan runs this weekend, but everyone I knew of that needed it we managed to get through last night. If several people still need it, though, I can try and do that. Just let me know!

Red Xiii also got his war axe and Gryvan got his sch book in the same run. Later, Xarielle, Bookey, and Leolin got their kills, so it was a successful night. Thanks to everyone that helped out. <3

There are some people from our FC that I never get to team up with because I'm from Europe. Usually when I play in the evening, it's only the afternoon for most people.

Does anyone else find that in about 1 in every 3 or 4 repels you just don't get repelled at all? It seems like the last few weeks against Demon Wall I simply won't get hit by 1 repel every fight. I can't see any pattern, so I'm not sure if it's a common glitch or I'm doing something specific to cause it to happen.

creid

Does anyone else find that in about 1 in every 3 or 4 repels you just don't get repelled at all? It seems like the last few weeks against Demon Wall I simply won't get hit by 1 repel every fight. I can't see any pattern, so I'm not sure if it's a common glitch or I'm doing something specific to cause it to happen.
You're not Jumping as a Dragoon, are you?

pitbull

Banned

I need it! -.-

I have my titan axe so i want to murder him with himself

chrono01

I'm sorry I missed that, I always enjoy helping people out with HM Titan!

If I see you all running groups this weekend I would be happy to assist. It's always rewarding to see fellow GAF Free Company members get their Relic, whether it's their first or fifth. >:)

Zidy

Any possibility I can be run through Titan as a WAR? I'll have my Monk level capped soon but I want my Relic for my WAR before I start my Monk quest, but I just don't feel like building her anymore until the new patch. Is deadweight too much of an inconvenience? D:

I have DL accessories, a few AK pieces on my body and Ifrits Axe. I know, I'm slacking.

Rocwell

I think if you have stoneskin up that can prevent the knockback effect from occurring.

pitbull

Banned
Does this mean you're 50?! :O Whenever you're ready, I'm ready to carry you! /flex

yeah i spent the night at a stank skank's house and had to leave before she woke up, so i figured why not level my war to 50.

Bought my darklight body/helm have ak pants and a buncha dps acc's and titan axe so I'm good enough geared to dps titan and get carried lol

Kenai

I wouldn't have stoneskin up, but it's likely that I have Adlo up as scholar, but so would most of my party as well and I don't notice them not getting hit by it.

Can't be 100% sure on this, but I think the shield has to fully absorb the hit for them to not get the knockback, and since Succor is like a ~300 shield that usually won't be enough.

It's like they skinned a moogle.

And now I don't want to see the other weapons.

Depending on how annoying the fight is you might wish they had really skinned a moogle by the time you are done.

Can't be 100% sure on this, but I think the shield has to fully absorb the hit for them to not get the knockback, and since Succor is like a ~300 shield that usually won't be enough.

Succor shield wouldn't be enough but an adlo shield can easily be over 700 without a crit. Would that be enough?

Kenai

Succor shield wouldn't be enough but an adlo shield can easily be over 700 without a crit. Would that be enough?

It...should be? I don't usually roll Adlo on non-tanks due to MP concerns and the tank is always taking damage from melee hits and other things so it's hard to tell if the knockback was what broke the shield or something else.

Then again it might be a trait coded into Stoneskin but not Adlo.

Then again maybe the knockback just randomly decides to not work.I've seen weird things happen that I can't really replicate.

As a fellow BRD who just passed Titan (with a massive help from GAF), I think it's your responsibility to prepare proper gears to fight Titan. You can learn patterns of the fight through Youtube or other online guide out there. You need to remember that DF can take ridiculously long sometime and when you just go there undergeared just to learn the fight, you are a burden to those who have been grinding hard for proper gears and are willing to pass the fight. If you don't have time to grind, ask GAF fc for a carry. I'm sure they are willing to help.

So I finished the main story line yesterday! Yay!

It got really late (3hrs+ searching for members with my brother) but we made it.

I fell asleep during the credit credits then woke back up and they were still going lol.

NAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom