• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, did Qarn for the first time with Alfred, Drama and Qhon...that...was an interesting dungeon to say the least. We kinda need more challenging dungeons like that.

And I'd really like it if they implemental the elements into the battle system...maybe give me a reason to use different spells for different situations. Also, should I be using Miasma 2, or stick with the first one? I got Ruina but I know that's just a mp killer so I've never used it.

I think I got my Garuda Talons about three weeks ago or so.

I was in a group that was doing speedruns for weapons and tomes. Four minute runs. It was incredible.

Now that I need to kill her for my relic, EVER. SINGLE. GROUP. has failed. We've tried like 10 times. It's sapping my motivation to play, because as bad as this is, I know it's going to be 100 times worse for Titan.

Ugh.

Ken

Well, did Qarn for the first time with Alfred, Drama and Qhon...that...was an interesting dungeon to say the least. We kinda need more challenging dungeons like that.

And I'd really like it if they implemental the elements into the battle system...maybe give me a reason to use different spells for different situations. Also, should I be using Miasma 2, or stick with the first one? I got Ruina but I know that's just a mp killer so I've never used it.

drama stinks at guiding dungeons

The final battle in Prae will be replaced with the Goddess and her mount, Odin.

All chocobo vendors will be replaced with Chocolina.

And we still don't get to see Noel...

wrongway

Another night of seeing this weirdness:
008wJI7.jpg
:|

BLCKATK

Another night of seeing this weirdness:

:|

This is the second night this has happened to me. Drives me crazy. I get 90k'd from the game, and then this error doesn't stop popping up. It only happens around 9:30 EST for me, and it goes back to normal after a few hours. I thought it was only me this was happening to but maybe not?

The worst part is, my group does Turn 5 around that time so the frequent disconnects are really killing me ;_;

wrongway

That's the url of the launcher UI, is it having trouble loading? ISP require a proxy?

Dunno what it's deal is, it's been happening at random for the last 4 or 5 days. Haven't had any problems with the launcher before. It's like the site the launcher's talking to is just down. Blah.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So I was hanging out in Mor Dhona

Someone shouted about Turn 1 Coil run+

I had no static, so I said what the hell, lets just PUG it

They asked if gear drops for them, that I pass for their FC members, I said NP, was just here to cap myth anyway

Amazinhly they had cleared ADS and all Trash, on Cadeceus was left
After a few trie sof working out the logistics, we get the win, I get my 50 myth
I'm happy
Treasure chest pop, Allagan Ring of Striking + Casting drop
I let leader know I had 50 BLM, so he said greed it, everyone in the group has it or no one else needed it
Next the Striking became a free for all greed item, but most in the group had already passed/have it, so I was the only one who hadn't rolled and walked away with an extra ring

Fucking crazy, join a PUG Turn 1, leave with 50 myth and 2 rings lol

Also the fuck is up with the Tank Shortage and the Gatherer's becoming extinct in this game

Holy fuck from 3PM till 8PM while I was in MD, I saw 10 different groups request a tank, 1 was looking for a tank and 2 DPS, which was even more worrying

Crystals market is fucked up yo
No one is selling crystals except RMT or some of us Gatherers that are left still Gathering

Fire crystals I put up 50 in a stack for 245 per, and put 20 of them up, they are SELLING!
WHAT IN THE BLUE FUCK!, Fire Crystals are worth more than fucking Clusters?

The fuck is going on?

Both. Mog's weapons were in 1.0., so some people have them already. They are just slightly better than Garuda and worse than Relic.

Above or Below Titan?

BLCKATK

If you've already got an iLevel 80 weapon then yeah, the moogle items will be mainly vanity. For people that don't have Relic yet it could be an upgrade for them, so more fights to gear up for Titan and beyond.

WolvenOne

If you've already got an iLevel 80 weapon then yeah, the moogle items will be mainly vanity. For people that don't have Relic yet it could be an upgrade for them, so more fights to gear up for Titan and beyond.

Yeah.

I hope they get some sideways progression stuff sooner or later, but in the short term, it's fine. Just more gear to help new players along.

Ken

Yeah.

I hope they get some sideways progression stuff sooner or later, but in the short term, it's fine. Just more gear to help new players along.

I doubt it. i70 seems to be the sweet spot for weapons that aren't completely useless at level 50 but don't really take a huge investment to acquire.

i80 is for CT stuff and that's 24 mans. I suppose there could be more i80 sources but with how long they're taking with CT I doubt it'd be anytime soon.

Ken

Where do you start the Lightning stuff? I logged on just for her.

lower limsa decks talk to winsome

go to one of the 2 places lsited in the quest and wait for the lightning fate to pop up where you jus tkill crabs or something and lightning says some terrible lines

Lain

lower limsa decks talk to winsome

go to one of the 2 places lsited in the quest and wait for the lightning fate to pop up where you jus tkill crabs or something and lightning says some terrible lines

Well, that was a disappointment.
I didn't feel like waiting around for more tokens to get all the weapons, I'll have to do it later.

jiggle

Lol lightning quest is so lame
entire fate lasted 30 seconds and she and her crabs were invisible the whole time
and we can't even get the costume for both sexes for future use
I guess I should've expected shittiness with lightning involved

MechaX

entire fate lasted 30 seconds and she and her crabs were invisible the whole time

So wait, the Lightning fate has the same problem as Odin/Behemoth/Svara by the look of things?

Well... that's kinda lame for PS3 users especially.

jiggle

So wait, the Lightning fate has the same problem as Odin/Behemoth/Svara by the look of things?

Well... that's kinda lame for PS3 users especially.
And every fate in quarrymill
lots of summons and chocobi though, the really important stuff

orion434

Crystals market is fucked up yo
No one is selling crystals except RMT or some of us Gatherers that are left still Gathering

Fire crystals I put up 50 in a stack for 245 per, and put 20 of them up, they are SELLING!
WHAT IN THE BLUE FUCK!, Fire Crystals are worth more than fucking Clusters?

The fuck is going on?

It's like all the players are content with buying Crystals from RMT these days. Yesterday I was gathering Lightning Crystals / Shards and there wasn't a single other collector at the Spineless Basin... and this was at 7pm EST.

There are many other funny things going on... like some of the prices of HQ lv 50* mats are almost the same price as their NQ counterparts. I don't even bother spending the time to HQ'em anymore. More end-level crafters are realizing they don't need HQ ingridents.

Also yesterday I didn't receive a single tell from RMT'ers, very weird.

dcye

I can't even get a drop because everything dies too quickly for me to get a single hit in as a melee Dps. fuck this bullshit.

jiggle

It's like all the players are content with buying Crystals from RMT these days. Yesterday I was gathering Lightning Crystals / Shards and there wasn't a single other collector at the Spineless Basin... and this was at 7pm EST.

There are many other funny things going on... like some of the prices of HQ lv 50* mats are almost the same price as their NQ counterparts. I don't even bother spending the time to HQ'em anymore. More end-level crafters are realizing they don't need HQ ingridents.

Also yesterday I didn't receive a single tell from RMT'ers, very weird.
Can it be there are just less people playing?
I couldn't tell from doing fates
But my ls and fl are becoming increasingly grey
WP DF seems to take even longer for dps too

aceface

Those Moogle weapons are fine. Give people something to grind before relic if they don't feel like doing Ifrit or Garuda. Some people get stuck farming that weapon for a long time. Options are always nice.

And LOL if Lightning is one of those fates where you can't see anything. They said the fix for that was coming in 2.1, why would they roll out this event before then? smh

I'm kinda tempted to try this: would you recommend this on PS3? I can have this for 17.95€ with PS+ or 19€ PC on Nuuvem. Can I play with PC users If I'm on PS3?

I'm kinda puzzled on how I'm going to play it with a controller but I've heard good things about the PS3 version.

aceface

I'm kinda tempted to try this: would you recommend this on PS3? I can have this for 17.95€ with PS+ or 19€ PC on Nuuvem. Can I play with PC users If I'm on PS3?

I'm kinda puzzled on how I'm going to play it with a controller but I've heard good things about the PS3 version.

Playing with a controller in this game is excellent. PS3 version is decent and playable but you're going to have a better time on a higher end PC. The PS3 version has some issues with long loading times, slowdown when there's a lot of activity on screen, and lag during battles.

Also yes, PS3 and PC users both play together on the same servers.

You will definitely want a usb keyboard if you do decide to pick it up and want to communicate with other players. While there is an on-screen keyboard, it's not enough to actually chat with people, especially during a dungeon.

As for the controller, I play with one on the PC and it works great.

You will definitely want a usb keyboard if you do decide to pick it up and want to communicate with other players. While there is an on-screen keyboard, it's not enough to actually chat with people, especially during a dungeon.

As for the controller, I play with one on the PC and it works great.

Does it have voice chat? I have a PS3 headset but I can get a keyboard if that works better. I think I'll jump and buy the PS3 version, I want to feel the experience of playing a MMO from my couch :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom