• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
CM is a pain to dodge mobs, its a longer path in terms of objectives, more things can go wrong (like poor positioning on the rocket launcher areas), and the bosses are annoying.

Prae is just 1-enemy boss fights except for laser nodes during 1st phase of final boss, it's quicker than CM if the party has relics, there's less running around and the Magitek section allows you to get a lot of spiritbind progress on a separate set of gear for Materia-conversion. Always run Prae for Phil Tomes, it's better in every department.

If you're a fresh 50 in AF gear, however, CM is better.

I don't envy you Dragoons. My rotation as Bard is simple as hell and I can keep deepsin while running around away from red shit. The most difficult thing is just figuring out how to sneak in my self-buffs to make sure that my DOTs are doing sexy damage.

Been doing the relic quest with my bard and yeah, the quality of life is much better. I looked at the demon wall and realized that I wasn't going to lose any dps.

Definitely do. You can hit 3 runs per hour if your group is well-geared.

Hmm will try this as opposed to CM then, still need some more philo tomes.

OceanBlue

The most difficult thing is just figuring out how to sneak in my self-buffs to make sure that my DOTs are doing sexy damage.

Do buffs affect DOTs when you apply the DOT, or do they affect DOTs as long as you have the buff active? I've been starting off with Straight Shot + Internal Release for the DOTs.

Do buffs affect DOTs when you apply the DOT, or do they affect DOTs as long as you have the buff active? I've been starting off with Straight Shot + Internal Release for the DOTs.

A buffed DoT will overwrite a standard DoT, but not the other way around. Bonus applied at time of cast.

Mileena

Banned
If you're a Bard, the most efficient path for upgrading items isn't to get the Relic +1 first, but to get AF2 gloves, ring and pants. After that, Relic +1 is the best use of Tomes.

This is specific to Bard though because the +1 upgrade is really miniscule compared to other classes.
Is this true

I may need to get hat today because eyepatch looks awful

Taruranto

People that is permanently using regen at AK and Castrums speedruns sure are annoying, speciallt at Castrum....

And then, there's those healers that will always have regen on you regardless of the situation (for example, Castrum's boss fights -_-) what a shame

And they complain that they're always tanking

About Paladin.... i don't understand why everyone gets the AF2 Body... i mean, are all of you aware that Caduceus from BC drops the Allagan body? which is as good or even better >_> and it 's just Turn 1

Allagan bodies are not necessary better than AF2, though. For example, for SCH the only "good" piece of Allagan is the hands, while AF2 wins in every other department.

For those cuiros, here's a gear comparion for level 90 equip:

uWOKNTW.jpg

3sB8Pfr.jpg

OH3NvRQ.jpg

1HKO4JT.jpg

ybNW11c.jpg

b4lL2AY.jpg

studyguy

Allagan bodies are not necessary better than AF2, though. For example, for SCH the only "good" piece of Allagan is the hands, while AF2 wins in every other department.

AF+1 Body also has a higher parry rate than Allagan.
Overall for the stats given in my build, it's the preferred.

Ultrabum

But surely getting an allagn drop and then getting af2 in other slots is better than replacing the allagn with af2?
Assuming full dark light to start.
Granted in 3 months when you have full af2, it's better to replace the allagn.

studyguy

But surely getting an allagn drop and then getting af2 in other slots is better than replacing the allagn with af2?
Assuming full dark light to start.
Granted in 3 months when you have full af2, it's better to replace the allagn.

Wholly depends on the build. When running BC, you're not alone in your quest for drops either so it depends.

grendelrt

Any advice for a warrior who is building darklight right now. This week I will have 600 myth tomes, next week 900. Looking for advice on buying that first item. I have everything in a spread sheet and it looks like Warrior body would be a good investment or should I concentrate on relic weapon first?

studyguy

Any advice for a warrior who is building darklight right now. This week I will have 600 myth tomes, next week 900. Looking for advice on buying that first item. I have everything in a spread sheet and it looks like Warrior body would be a good investment or should I concentrate on relic weapon first?

Building Darklight or was that a typo. Curious since you're referring to myths. Honestly for any tank, I would just pick up the relic+1 for the straight boost to enmity. Securing hate gets progressively more difficult as your team/fc gets better and better gear. Tanked against a BLM friend in nearly full allagan save for 1 piece and a relic+1 and holy shit those procs.

falastini

The problem with Warriors - Bar Chart Edition

To put it as simply as possible: PLD's damage mitigation scales upwards with incoming damage, because it's based on % damage received. WAR's self-healing doesn't scale upwards because it's based on weapon damage, which is fixed. WAR's self-healing caps at well below the levels needed for survival in the Coil, and in fact even Titan HM's damage dealt exceeds that of WAR's ability to self-heal. This is why WAR cannot MT Coil and has so much trouble with Titan HM.

WAR also has the problem where all his cooldowns are total shit, but PLD gets even more mitigation on CDs which is additional % of damage received, and also Hallowed Ground which is 10 seconds of complete invincibility.

But there's nothing wrong with WAR according to Yoshi. Nothing at all.

It will be interesting to see if Yoshi addresses this again in the next live letter. It's the first question on the English Q&A thread, and the third in the Japanese one. At this point, I expect him to show a clip of a WAR tanking Stone Vigil and going "see how powerful they are!".

Honestly, I'm ok if they want to make PLDs the superior MT. I like having variety in the game between the classes, but the difference should be minimal. If you can't find any PLDs, a WAR should be able to step in and do a decent job. As of right now, this isn't the case. A WAR doesn't really bring much to the table right now, even as an OT. We have (slightly) better dps in tank stance, and (slightly) better threat generation than PLDs. Neither one of these has any real benefit in the game. Threat is an all or nothing thing. As long as you can reach the minimum threshold to let dps do their thing, nobody cares if you can pump out a little more threat. And the dps thing is a waste. Nobody cares how much damage I'm doing while tanking. I'm supposed to be there to mitigate damage, not cause it.

Which is better for pld?

Cavalry-Mask - lvl 32
Def 61 61
Strength +4
Vitality +5
Parry +4
Accuracy +6

Cavalry Cuirass - lvl 32
Def 85 85
Strength +7
Vitality +8
Accuracy +7
Determination +6

***Total
Def 146 146
Strength + 11
Vitality +13
Parry +4
Accuracy +13
Determination +6

VS

Aetherial Heavy Steel Armor - lvl 35
Def 150 150
Strength +12
Vitality +13

Is the loss of 4 defense and 1 strength worth the 4 parry 13 accuracy and 6 determination?

Stick with Cavalry. That 4 defense and 1 strength is so negligible you'll barely notice it. The 13 accuracy is a decent buff at that level, and the parry + determination don't hurt. Besides, cavalry just looks way cooler.

Kenai

Why is Mr Happy treated like gospel?

His group clears the hardest content faster than just about anyone (after trying various raid/class combos), he tends to explain his reasoning for his opinions with actual data, and he provides those videos and stuff too.

I wouldn't call him gospel per-se, but one who wishes to argue his points had better done their homework.

RPGCrazied

So, I'm going to do Titan today. What should I look for again? This isn't hard mode, just the story version. I'm level 37 archer/bard if that matters.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Neogaf's servers are among the worst I have experienced!

I don't even see what is causing the traffic today.

I dunno his Garuda video was wrong about the adds though

His Hydra video dosn't even mention using two tanks for Triumvirate, beacuse yeah all pt will have a full DL PLD with 5.6k HP in that step of the relic quest...

So, I'm going to do Titan today. What should I look for again? This isn't hard mode, just the story version. I'm level 37 archer/bard if that matters.

Basically any standard pt setup, fight is quite easy and at most you'll need a couple of tries to get down the mechanics...

Ala Alba

Titan's AOE attacks do not use the standard red shapes (as far as I know, none of his aoe attacks do, but I could be forgetting some).

Thus, you need to look out for aoe attacks that are denoted in different ways.

grendelrt

Building Darklight or was that a typo. Curious since you're referring to myths. Honestly for any tank, I would just pick up the relic+1 for the straight boost to enmity. Securing hate gets progressively more difficult as your team/fc gets better and better gear. Tanked against a BLM friend in nearly full allagan save for 1 piece and a relic+1 and holy shit those procs.
Yeah I meant darklight, I have unlimited philosophy tomes to gain so I will just be buying darklight gear as I get them. Was more concerned about spending the myth tomes since they are limited. I wasn't sure if I should concentrate on spending on the armor or relic weapon with my myth tomes, kinda depends on vitality/mitigation vs attack/enmity. So you think DL would suffice as far as armor goes until after I get my relic weapon?

Ugh. I should really start putting some time into leveling my crafting classes so I can repair my gear. You know it's bad when you're more bothered by the price of repairing your gear over the price of gas for your car.

Marceles

After looking at the DRG gear, looks like the only Allagan gear I want is the head.

I was completely nonproductive yesterday, work killed me. I signed in, sold a quickarm III materia, bought the CRP HQ AF body, signed off. I still need to do 7 AK runs to hit cap, CM runs for my DL body, legs, and all accessories besides choker, still need the Ifrit lance...sigh*.

Aeana

yeah because Determination only helps with heals on yourself (as I understand it) and critical heals on SCH mean the Adlo bubble will absorb that much more damage.
No, this is not true. This bit of misinformation seems to have spread like wildfire. Determination increases the damage you do, and the healing you do. It's like a mini across-the-board effectiveness increase. That said, each point of determination is not worth nearly as much as pretty much any other thing you can get on equipment.

Shouta

No, this is not true. This bit of misinformation seems to have spread like wildfire. Determination increases the damage you do, and the healing you do. It's like a mini across-the-board effectiveness increase. That said, each point of determination is not worth nearly as much as pretty much any other thing you can get on equipment.

I recall it being auto-attack damage for sure but dunno about damage in general. It's supposed to increase healing in general though.

Alucrid

Banned
After looking at the DRG gear, looks like the only Allagan gear I want is the head.

I was completely nonproductive yesterday, work killed me. I signed in, sold a quickarm III materia, bought the CRP HQ AF body, signed off. I still need to do 7 AK runs to hit cap, CM runs for my DL body, legs, and all accessories besides choker, still need the Ifrit lance...sigh*.

Why? Not taking the accuracy cap into account most allagan sans the chestpiece has better stats for Dragoons than the Wyrms.

Interesting. I hope it's not just increasing that 1 gil drop to 2 gil. :p Although I do suspect it'll be gil dropping from each monster now or dropping materials for crafts.

I read it as them forcing us to fight even more monsters than before. I hope that's not the case.

Well, I agree, but one part of it makes it seem like we'll *want* to defeat them (as they have no value as of now). I could be wrong, though.

Maybe I should spam Prae a bit this week just in case, though. xD Although really, Prae doesn't have that much trash anyways.

good to know, and thank you for the correction! The part about crit heals also meaning a strong Adlo shield is correct, though, right?

good to know, and thank you for the correction! The part about crit heals also meaning a strong Adlo shield is correct, though, right?

Yes, Crit is really fantastic for SCH in particular. I love seeing an Adlo crit for that extra meaty shield. Also, I'm jealous that SCH+1 relic sparkles (SMN+! too). WHM Relic+1 just glows. :(

MechaX

I read it as them forcing us to fight even more monsters than before. I hope that's not the case.

You see that Dullahan patrolling AK? Attacking it will aggro everything in the entire room now. We also added Succubi to make the experience more engaging.

Please understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom