• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceface

You know speaking of the world in this game...I was thinking the other day that it might have been better if they gave it more of a "world of ruin" type feel. I mean obviously there was a huge calamity (the calamity) and I would have liked to see a world broken and struggling to rebuild with your player part of that rebuilding process. At the end of the game maybe you could have dealt with the threat of primals threatening a ravaged land (their desperate followers would have been summoning them for any help) but now the Empire is on the horizon or something. Instead in the game world they talk about how bad the Calamity was but everything seems pretty much hunky dory.

pitbull

Banned
You know speaking of the world in this game...I was thinking the other day that it might have been better if they gave it more of a "world of ruin" type feel. I mean obviously there was a huge calamity (the calamity) and I would have liked to see a world broken and struggling to rebuild with your player part of that rebuilding process. At the end of the game maybe you could have dealt with the threat of primals threatening a ravaged land (their desperate followers would have been summoning them for any help) but now the Empire is on the horizon or something. Instead in the game world they talk about how bad the Calamity was but everything seems pretty much hunky dory.

first world problems

omg theres no wifi! ( ' / ' ) / |___|

studyguy

5 years late on this unfortunately.
BC cutscenes shows a clear reason as to why the world isn't nearly as afflicted as one would assume.

Moreover, the calamity itself during 1.23 was in full effect as we had enemies popping into camps with Atmos tearing voidsent into being, the sky was broken and the Garleans were all camped on our doorstep.

People who have never played 1.0 see it as a normal world, but veteran players can attest to the wholesale destruction. From the shroud getting completely obliterated, the canopy is barely a shadow of its former self. Limsa Lominsa's sealines have altered completely. Some places the seas rose and drowned the land others they fell. Coerthas's weather system has completely changed and all over the Garlean forces have encroached on the land.

As plain as 1.0 was, it was far, far more placid of a world than the one ARR has given us.

Ken

I was able to meet the queen!

yeah well

iK1Z2Ay6OkQm9.png

Type2

Hello FF14 Gaf, I am strongly considering purchasing this game and am looking for some peer reinforcement to get me to click the buy button.

I've got this huge MMO itch lately and other options haven't really interested me. I've worked on/played guildwars 2 and just drifted off from it. Tera was my most exciting pickup of recent MMOs but the questing/crafting and some of the social features were shit. I played a ton of ff11 and wow completing end game raid content competitively.
Could some of you be kind enough to share some opinions of the classes,crafting,dungeons and I would like to hear more about these server issues I keep hearing about. Are there really serious issues with the servers like enemy attack lag?

I have a good PC and internet connection but im just generally curious about some of the negative buzz ive heard concerning the games servers.

Thanks!

Is this Lightning event for real? I mean, how long did this take to put together? A day tops? I know it's only part 1, but I have absolutely no hope for the other parts if this is the stuff we're gonna be doing. I wish they would just make some of these things instanced... like the Behemoth/Odin fights would have been so much fun in a real instanced encounter... not the lag BS they are now that take no skill. It's a huge wasted potential to have Behemoth and Odin like that.

falastini

I've been slowly losing interest since my schedule has been hectic and I can't do Coil anymore. I can't even get myself to log-in for myth points this week.

I'm trying to hold out for 2.1, but Crystal Tower doesn't look like it's going to interest me for long and PvP is going to be broken as shit. There's only warrior buffs To look forward to... who knows how those will turn out.

Lyonaz

Got all the weapons, that was easy.
I must say that Blazefire Saber is sexy, can't wait to run around all Lightning like. But they should really have made a Fang outfit too.

Sophia

Would it be possible for someone to give me an invite to the Linkshell on Ultros? Just got the retail game.

Character's name is Sophia Alexandrine.

Reknoc

well, the lightning stuff is a bit poo at the moment. Gave up after the second time doing the FATE, decided if I was just going to hang around and FATE farm I should at least be doing it in N. Thanalan and get some actual EXP since I'm guessing it's still the in (only) thing to do at late 40's. Even managed to get to 48! at this rate I might reach 50 by next year :D

Reubeucent

Neo Member
Twenty days and I still can't get a server group for Titan or beat him through Duty Finder. This games community is awful when it comes to warrior.

Best fight I just had with him I tanked to I think 20-25% until a healer died and I couldn't keep up through the tumults+rock buster+mountain buster. Really wonder how warriors do this without buying the damned run...

dramatis

Thyrus+1 needs more glow.

Also, Sosul will never date you Qhon just give up already.

Twenty days and I still can't get a server group for Titan or beat him through Duty Finder. This games community is awful when it comes to warrior.

Best fight I just had with him I tanked to I think 20-25% until a healer died and I couldn't keep up through the tumults+rock buster+mountain buster. Really wonder how warriors do this without buying the damned run...
What server are you on? Unfortunately, if you're not on Ultros begging fc to carry you, you might have to wait until they buff warrior to be able to do Titan.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

It isn't terribly difficult once you get darklight gear.

There is a spot you can stand in where you don't get hit by any bombs during any phase. This makes healing through the rest of the stuff much easier.

Have a good FC, heh. It's not impossible. It's definitely not so bad with full Darklight, but I think that crap is atrocious looking. As long as you have some good healers, you will make it through the post-heart phase (the only part of the fight that matters). My first time was in a mix of Hoplite and Vermillion with my regular AF chest on, so if I can get it done in that, I'm sure you can make it eventually.

We do have some people that are off-and-on trying it daily now. I can get in touch with you the next time they need a tank if you're interested.

aceface

Hello FF14 Gaf, I am strongly considering purchasing this game and am looking for some peer reinforcement to get me to click the buy button.

I've got this huge MMO itch lately and other options haven't really interested me. I've worked on/played guildwars 2 and just drifted off from it. Tera was my most exciting pickup of recent MMOs but the questing/crafting and some of the social features were shit. I played a ton of ff11 and wow completing end game raid content competitively.
Could some of you be kind enough to share some opinions of the classes,crafting,dungeons and I would like to hear more about these server issues I keep hearing about. Are there really serious issues with the servers like enemy attack lag?

I have a good PC and internet connection but im just generally curious about some of the negative buzz ive heard concerning the games servers.

Thanks!

If you have a good PC and internet connection you should be fine with the servers. It's mainly a PS3 problem from what I understand; because the servers don't update your position quickly enough you basically have no time to get out of AOE's. On battles like Titan you have to memorize patterns- If you just react to the aoe marker it will be too late. But with the PC you can install various latency fixes that make moving out of AOE's more forgiving. Although someone can correct me if I'm wrong, I've only played on PS3 over a wireless connection.

WolvenOne

If you have a good PC and internet connection you should be fine with the servers. It's mainly a PS3 problem from what I understand; because the servers don't update your position quickly enough you basically have no time to get out of AOE's. On battles like Titan you have to memorize patterns- If you just react to the aoe marker it will be too late. But with the PC you can install various latency fixes that make moving out of AOE's more forgiving. Although someone can correct me if I'm wrong, I've only played on PS3 over a wireless connection.

Even without latency fixes, I wasn't running into that problem on the PC. Installed the latency fix, and saw no difference.

Also, supposedly there is a partial fix for PS3 owners. Namely, logging out of PSN after logging into FFXIV.

WolvenOne

Well, don't use the Duty Finder for Titan.

WAR can survive Titan easily, the fight is far more of a DPS or Heal check, than a Tank check. Just remember to save a CD or two until the post heart phase, and go into that period with full Health and full Wrath stacks.

If the rest of your party is decent, you'll get through it before too long.

Can't believe how good this game is on PS3, textures are a little flat because of the lightning but I'm very impressed.

Quick question: what's the equivalent of instances in XIV? I've reached level 10 with my Arcanist and I'm craving for some "Deadmines" :p
The quest progression is well done anyway, they take you by hand and explain a lot of things.

If you have a good PC and internet connection you should be fine with the servers. It's mainly a PS3 problem from what I understand; because the servers don't update your position quickly enough you basically have no time to get out of AOE's.

Yeah, I'm experiencing this too on my PS3 and I was wondering if I was lagging, I have to immediately move or else I'll get caught even if I'm well distant.

Also, supposedly there is a partial fix for PS3 owners. Namely, logging out of PSN after logging into FFXIV.

I'm gonna try this out.

Valus

I know it's been posted before but can you or someone link to where I could download a latency fix? And has anyone confirmed if they actually work/help out?

On that note, are there any other add-ons people are using/recommend?

Ultrabum

Well, don't use the Duty Finder for Titan.

WAR can survive Titan easily, the fight is far more of a DPS or Heal check, than a Tank check. Just remember to save a CD or two until the post heart phase, and go into that period with full Health and full Wrath stacks.

If the rest of your party is decent, you'll get through it before too long.

Most shout groups on my server don't want wars :(. Pretty much only option is FC or friends. But I feel for my war brethren out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom