• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously that lightning event is BS. I had hopes for the follow up quest:

Even the second part is just pick up quest, go to fate, get drop, turn in..seriously?! At least this time it's a unique fate..still totally underwhelming though. And no extra parcel drop so you need to redo the first part to get all weapons.

Like they would put any effort into this...

What item do we get next?

Teknoman

I fucking hate my server. Full of Legacy fuckheads who are too elitist to run with anyone who isn't relic +1, full darklight, and not on ps3.

And I'm a healer, you don't even need a Relic to do speedruns as a healer. Jesus christ.

Why would system even matter? Tons of people play PC with a gamepad...

Have you had any success making your own speed run parties, since i'd assume healers are always in demand?

rykomatsu

32 ifrit runs, 5 Garuda runs, and 15 or 16 WP runs later, I have yet to see a single PLD weapon drop...

Tried Titan HM and was called worthless for still having GC weapon and party fell apart even before the pull :/

Ferr986

ehh.... I just bought Crysta for renewing my account, but my Crysta balance dont want to update..

edit: meh, and i cant even contact them via email because they ask so much shit I dont even remember (why asking for secret question when Im already logged with my token?)

A few questions:

-Am I not looting properly (haven't looted once) or is it true that mobs don't drop loot? I've only received equip and items from quest givers.

-Where can I get materia? I received my first equip with slots but I don't habe any (I'm lvl 15 in Limsa).

-Any advice on targeting friendlies on PS3? I find healing very hard with the dualshock, I always end targeting mobs and have to cycle multliple times to target a friendly unit.

Ken

???: Another world, another battle...
???: Is this my fate? To fight an endless war?
???: So be it. It won't be the first time I've spit in destiny's eye.
Lightning: Come on, then.

jbkHPA6HVd5Uyc.png

Ken

A few questions:

-Am I not looting properly (haven't looted once) or is it true that mobs don't drop loot? I've only received equip and items from quest givers.

-Where can I get materia? I received my first equip with slots but I don't habe any (I'm lvl 15 in Limsa).

-Any advice on targeting friendlies on PS3? I find healing very hard with the dualshock, I always end targeting mobs and have to cycle multliple times to target a friendly unit.

-Game is auto-loot off mobs. It will automatically add to your bags but if you run out of space you'll lose the items. In dungeons you roll on items.

-You can get materia from converting convertible items at 100% spirit bond. The item level (?) determines what level of materia you get. You can convert items after you finish a certain quest in the story I think where you're asked to meld stuff? Something like that I don't remember.

Reknoc

A few questions:

1) mobs only drop materials or gil, equipment is either from quests, vendors or chests.

2) following the main story will give you the quest to learn how to meld materia, which you do with 100% bonded equipment

frequency

I wish they would stop using FATEs for events. I really don't like FATEs.

It would be so much cooler if it was just you and Lightning fighting the monsters instead of 20 people fighting and drowning out the music with that super loud Gladiator/Paladin attack. I hate that attack so much.

A few questions:

3) In parties you can use up/down on the d-pad to cycle through members for easy targeting. For non-party friendlies you can set up custom filters in the control settings so something like L1+X will set the cycle to other players only.

aceface

A few questions:

-Mobs don't drop equipment. You will only really get equipment drops in dungeons and you can't miss them. (LOOT) pops up in the bottom right corner of the screen...press select to get over there and roll.

-You get materia by converting items that you had equipped for a certain length of time. After this time period you will see a message that says "Equipment x is 100% spiritbonded to you". After that when you go into your inventory and press square you will see the option to convert that equipment into materia. You do have to do a required story quest to unlock this ability though, but it should be coming up for you pretty soon.

-In a party you can press up and down on the control pad to easily target your party members. Targeting friendly npc's and players not in your party is more of a pain- you can go into your targetting filters and adjust some settings to make it easier. Thankfully you really hardly ever have to heal outside of a party.

If you're level 15, go do your first dungeon! Lots of this stuff (well, 1 and 3) will become clear to you then.

Thanks for the responses!

For dungeons do I have to find them or can I enlist like they do in WoW?

And I think I've unlocked the first quest for Lighting "For the winsome" but I still can't tackle it because I don't meet the level requirement. Soon :p

Alucrid

Banned
Thanks for the responses!

For dungeons do I have to find them or can I enlist like they do in WoW?

And I think I've unlocked the first quest for Lighting "For the winsome" but I still can't tackle it because I don't meet the level requirement. Soon :p

You'll have to unlock them, most come from the main story quest, but after that you can just use the dungeon finder to get a group.

Paches

Man, I got my relic and full DL (I am a white mage) and there are basically no Coil groups running that need me. I are sad.

UrSuLeTzU

???: Another world, another battle...
???: Is this my fate? To fight an endless war?
???: So be it. It won't be the first time I've spit in destiny's eye.
Lightning: Come on, then.

jbkHPA6HVd5Uyc.png

What were they thinking? Although getting the blazefire saber for my lvl 13 GLD made it worth it, srsly lol though.

UrSuLeTzU

Man, I got my relic and full DL (I am a white mage) and there are basically no Coil groups running that need me. I are sad.

If you are on Ultros in the GAF FC then look me up(Kirito Ursuletzu). The Coil group of tears needs a good dedicated WHM for the long run.

Nugg

Should I even bother with the Lightning event if I only have a low level character? (22) Or is it completely out of my reach?

Sorian

Banned
Should I even bother with the Lightning event if I only have a low level character? (22) Or is it completely out of my reach?

You can do the first (maybe the second?) quest. Go do the first quest at least and repeat the fate a couple times to get the weapons. They are fun looking and will be nice to have when vanity slots finally come around.

Uhh, is that quote supposed to deter anything I said?

The first half of the fight is cake. There is no healing debuff attached to Death sentence until Conflag phase, and even then, every Death Sentence is avoidable during Conflag phase. The last phase (the phase the warrior tanked) has unavoidable Death Sentences with healing debuffs applied each time.

Ken

Uhh, is that quote supposed to deter anything I said?

The first half of the fight is cake. There is no healing debuff attached to Death sentence until Conflag phase, and even then, every Death Sentence is avoidable during Conflag phase. The last phase (the phase the warrior tanked) has unavoidable Death Sentences with healing debuffs applied each time.

So? It's still kind of misleading to have the video title say "Warrior Main Tank" and then the description say "Warrior main tanks the second half of the whole fight."

Maybe an argument can be made that Twintania is a second Titan HM where the fight doesn't fully utilize the second tank and it becomes more efficient to run with a single tank. Will people end up using that as justification for the viability of WAR MT in T5?

I don't have a thing against Warriors; I just dislike the Youtube title being preeeeetty bait-like even if the WAR is tanking the most damage intensive part of the fight.

So? It's kind of misleading to have the video title say "Warrior Main Tank" and then the description say "Warrior main tanks the second half of the whole fight."

Maybe their definition of an MT is different then yours?

Either way, none of that changes or challenges my comment of the WAR main tanking through the most damage intensive fight in the game if the WAR was indeed tanking during the part of the fight that makes this fight as damage intensive as it is.

Edit-- I just seen your edit. I don't know, I don't really see anything wrong with them saying the WAR MT'd.

Also, I think there's already a few groups solo tanking it now :O

Ken

Maybe their definition of an MT is different then yours?

Yeah maybe!

Warriors are said to be inferior to PLD tanks due to PLDs having such high natural mitigation.
Each tank has its good traits and bad traits. WARs excel in having some self-sufficiency in their healing. We chose to have our Warrior MT the last half because he could survive a little easier when one of the healers got stunned by the dreadknights.
As you can see, we had our PLD tank the first half of the fight due to his mitigation CD rotation, and the Death Sentences happen more often in the first couple phases

I suppose Defiance's healing buff would help mitigate the effects of Infirmity.

Kenai

AV is like the biggest middle finger to poor SMN/SCH folk...

Apparently the dungeon is hated almost universally by everyone which is fine by me but I am kinda wondering why non SMN/SCHs dislike it so much. The "I'm going to kill your faerie every 30 seconds and there's nothing you can do about it" first boss was enough for me.

If I catch you doing that with me, no heals for you

The Lightning skirt is like...shorter than the bikini...at least give me something acolyte skirt length at least SE. I'll give them points for coming up with an original FATE for once but it should have been an instance.

Tash

the worst thing about 8mans is not being able to attempt stuff as an 8man as much as i'd like

I really effing hate 8man content...I really REALLY hope Turn 6+ in Coil are going to be bigger raids 16 or 24 at least.
8man content with the archetype distribution as is, is really stupid..

Ghizz

oh look, WAR main tanking the most damage intensive fight in the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMYvBv9JJQ0

that was their first kill also, so it's not like this is some elite group just messing around.

hahha these are the guys I raid with. Its a mix between our group 1 and group 2 members, the members that actually wanted to put the time into this fight. That warrior, is the best warrior I've healed though. He knows how to manage his cooldowns and doesnt take as much spike damage (even without our shields). Shoutout to <SEEK> on behemoth!

Taruranto

The second part of Lighting Event is fucking lazy, but It was kinda funny getting on my own Chocobo with other ppl trying to locate the coordinates for the quest mob on our owns. (Since the quest doesn't give you any <pos>)

It's silly, but I kinda had a small FFXI flashback, the world actually felt like one adventure for like 5 seconds. Then I went AFK waiting for the FATE to appear and I was in XIV again.

kierwynn

The Lightning event has been super fun for me if only for all the craziness with friends. It's been worth it just to hear Mahou yell "MY GODDESS" and to have him and Ryder dub Lightning's lines in German (which, for some reason, is hilarious).

Random pics from yesterday:

Finally saw Lightning run up and actually fight!

Another romantic picture between us~

We all decided to get naked while waiting for her. (except Exelon and Master Shake, those party poopers ;/)

Sitting on the fence waiting. I'm totally a lalafel!

Also, not from yesterday, but I found some screenshots from the very first behemoth pop on Ultros. Look at all the babies!

Besides the people in my party, I can see baby Odoru, and baby docbon, and baby Xarielle... I know this was only like 2 months ago, but it feels like forever. lol

Based on your experience is it normal that duty finder for dungeons takes forever? I've been waiting for 35 minutes and the spots for bot healer and tank have yet to be found :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom