• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
I always find it funny to think back and realize that my first titan kill when we were all still in AK gear and what not was with a warrior.

aceface

Can't believe how good this game is on PS3, textures are a little flat because of the lightning but I'm very impressed.

Quick question: what's the equivalent of instances in XIV? I've reached level 10 with my Arcanist and I'm craving for some "Deadmines" :p
The quest progression is well done anyway, they take you by hand and explain a lot of things.

Do you mean instanced battles? Those are coming up, I believe you get the first one around level 10. Then first dungeon is at 15.

dramatis

Yeah, I'm experiencing this too on my PS3 and I was wondering if I was lagging, I have to immediately move or else I'll get caught even if I'm well distant.

I'm gonna try this out.
The PSN logout is one thing, but another easy fix for getting out of aoe is simply to hammer out an action when you're out of aoe area. Doing so updates your position (because you executed an action), so you will register as being out of the aoe. Banging on Cure for no reason is my way of surviving.

Got a stupid tank in WP a few minutes ago that refused to tank when I pulled the tomberries. He was trying to speedrun a few moments before. "Simple, I won't tank if you pull".
I have a policy of not arguing with idiots, especially if I need to use them, so I had to pretend he didn't say anything. But I did let him die before I flared the last tomberries at the boss :p

Do you mean instanced battles? Those are coming up, I believe you get the first one around level 10. Then first dungeon is at 15.

Got it, thanks.

The PSN logout is one thing, but another easy fix for getting out of aoe is simply to hammer out an action when you're out of aoe area. Doing so updates your position (because you executed an action), so you will register as being out of the aoe. Banging on Cure for no reason is my way of surviving.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Ken

Thyrus+1 needs more glow.

Also, Sosul will never date you Qhon just give up already.

What server are you on? Unfortunately, if you're not on Ultros begging fc to carry you, you might have to wait until they buff warrior to be able to do Titan.

buhuh

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I've been running as a PLD with my gf playing WHM. Just beat story mode Garuda yesterday for the first time through duty finder. Everyone in the party was new, and one of the DPS had apparently been failing her for 3 hours in other parties (and he did the laughing emote when I tried to encourage the party with "we can do this!").

Wiped tons of times until we figured everything out, but when we finally downed her it felt great.

Then I looked up player experiences on the fight and found out
you could DODGE Garuda's slipstream. I didn't know it was dodgable, so I had been popping cooldowns and blinding her with Flash to mitigate it whenever I saw the cast coming. Healer simply healed through it and never had any mana problems, which is odd when people seem to say that the healer can't keep up if the tank doesn't dodge slipstream.

I feel dumb now. :(

pitbull

Banned
Got a stupid tank in WP a few minutes ago that refused to tank when I pulled the tomberries. He was trying to speedrun a few moments before. "Simple, I won't tank if you pull".
I have a policy of not arguing with idiots, especially if I need to use them, so I had to pretend he didn't say anything. But I did let him die before I flared the last tomberries at the boss :p

ive done that before, but they were german and it was darkhold

WolvenOne

Question.

Isn't it in the best interest of the party, for the Tank to pull enemies, at least usually? I mean, sure in most cases it'll only take a couple seconds for the Tank to steal aggro, but I'd think you'd still take damage unnecessarily.

Wouldn't threaten not to tank though. Dats just playin dirty!

Ken

Can't be that late if I'm still doing the same content as the rest of the population. :>

if you're late to the party with other people late to the party are you guys late to the party or are you guys on time for the party but it's your party so it's not really the party that you're late to so in the end you're late to the party

Aeana

It feels like I'm the only person running AK who even needs gear there anymore, I've gotten like 5 new Demagogue pieces in 3 runs of it.

I need gear from there for other classes, and now I can't get it because nobody runs it.

Question.

Isn't it in the best interest of the party, for the Tank to pull enemies, at least usually? I mean, sure in most cases it'll only take a couple seconds for the Tank to steal aggro, but I'd think you'd still take damage unnecessarily.

Absolutely. If people other than the tank are pulling, they don't have any right to be upset if they die. If you want to pull for the sake of speed, let people know what's going on from the start.

WolvenOne

It feels like I'm the only person running AK who even needs gear there anymore, I've gotten like 5 new Demagogue pieces in 3 runs of it.

Well, I'll need the AK gear when I level up other classes, probably not for long though. I'll have enough Phil tomes to spare in most cases, to just buy the Darklight outright. Granted, I'll have to hold some back for Relics, but still.

teiresias

Sooooo . . . now I have to do Aurum Vale . . . bleh (from what I hear anyway). Looks like I'll be begging people to do it with me in FC chat the next few days.

Also, I put 6 bonus points into strength on my Paladin before switching over to all vitality. Would it be worth using 10k seals to reset my points and throw all of them into vitality for my paladin job?

WolvenOne

Sooooo . . . now I have to do Aurum Vale . . . bleh (from what I hear anyway). Looks like I'll be begging people to do it with me in FC chat the next few days.

Also, I put 6 bonus points into strength on my Paladin before switching over to all vitality. Would it be worth using 10k seals to reset my points and throw all of them into vitality for my paladin job?

Aurum Vale isn't too bad, except for that last boss. If my main class wasn't WAR, (and my sub PLD) I'd offer to run it with you. Sadly it'll be awhile before I have a DPS or Heal class to level 50.

Will need Aurum Vale help soon as well...

And when I can unlock AK, I'll be up for running that as well, especially since the gear in WP is kinda meh.

Absolutely. If people other than the tank are pulling, they don't have any right to be upset if they die. If you want to pull for the sake of speed, let people know what's going on from the start.
I never pull unless we're speeding. And only tomberries.

Question.

Black Mages usually pull the tomberries in WP so the tank can keep aggro on the mob they're fighting, and then use a circle to aggro them back. It's not an "I'll be an asshole and run ahead" issue.

If he asked me not to pull I'd say I'm sorry and not pull anything else, but he simply stood there when the tomberries arrived. I bet he was hoping we would die but we didn't so he waited until the boss room to toss that comment. We just tought he 90k'ed.

Wilsongt

I am running into the same problem as you people running AK and all now. I am still Lv 40 in the story mode because I can't sit and play all day and I actually like mining and crafting more than fighting.

So, I have to sit and wait on the DF or I have to beg someone in the FC to at least tank/heal so that I can get through the DF faster.

=/ Oh the problems with not having a lot of free time to sink into the game, plus I am taking my time.

Edit: Also, doesn't help I am on a Legacy server. XD

I am running into the same problem as you people running AK and all now. I am still Lv 40 in the story mode because I can't sit and play all day and I actually like mining and crafting more than fighting.

So, I have to sit and wait on the DF or I have to beg someone in the FC to at least tank/heal so that I can get through the DF faster.

=/ Oh the problems with not having a lot of free time to sink into the game, plus I am taking my time.

Edit: Also, doesn't help I am on a Legacy server. XD

why don't you mine and craft while in queue for duty finder?

Reubeucent

Neo Member
Most shout groups on my server don't want wars :(. Pretty much only option is FC or friends. But I feel for my war brethren out there!

Yeah, every time someone starts it's the same bull about warriors being underpowered. I've got full DL, Garuda Weapon and AF+1 chest/hoplite circlet. I've also got a full set of strength rings for damage. Hell I can almost hit 1k per butchers block if I go full strength with the rings. With zerk/maim of course.

aceface

Whaaat?
Was just talking to xtech yesterday.

On an unrelated note, I had been able to run this fine on bootcamp on my macbook. But the other day windows ran chkdsk for some reason and since then the game has crashed every time I try to launch it. The launcher works, but after I enter my password and hit play, it crashes and says "Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn has stopped working." Any thoughts on what to do?

Kenai

I knew it. He dropped to 800 HP all of a sudden and I was thinking "the boss is almost dead and I bet this was all planned out" so i didn't spam Lustrate like I almost did.

I hate people like that, almost as much as I hate healers who only heal tanks on trash if they dare pull aggro on trash (which i admit is kind of annoying but seriously it's 1-2 extra heals most of the time deal with it whiny babies). Although I almost never get that problem since I'm usually healing....

Ken

j1APk6BsBXMDo.png

:IIIIIII

teiresias

Put the AV bosses in a different dungeons and I'd like to do them again, since I thought they were pretty fun, but not if I have to run through the mobs in that place again.

Teknoman

I know I have no idea what happened, but I really wish people would talk out issues with other FC members or to the FC officers/leader before just leaving.

I used to have to hash out/mediate stuff in FFXI Stars of Destiny alot, but in the end all parties involved usually came to a compromise or at least let bygones be bygones.

K.Sabot

I fucking hate my server. Full of Legacy fuckheads who are too elitist to run with anyone who isn't relic +1, full darklight, and not on ps3.

And I'm a healer, you don't even need a Relic to do speedruns as a healer. Jesus christ.

jfoul

I have a question, that I haven't seen anybody talk about. I'm going through the Lightning event quests as a female, and plan to use the Fantasia potion to change gender. Are these gender specific vanity items going to be useless to me afterwards, or do the items automatically change when I make the gender swap?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I have a question, that I haven't seen anybody talk about. I'm going through the Lightning event quests as a female, and plan to use the Fantasia potion to change gender. Are these gender specific vanity items going to be useless to me afterwards, or do the items automatically change when I make the gender swap?

I think they become useless
You'll have to re-earn them for the new gender you change into

Usually events get recycled every year, so it's not like a full loss
Isn't Lightning FATE going to reappear in February when XIII-3 launches?

Tash

Seriously that lightning event is BS. I had hopes for the follow up quest:

Even the second part is just pick up quest, go to fate, get drop, turn in..seriously?! At least this time it's a unique fate..still totally underwhelming though. And no extra parcel drop so you need to redo the first part to get all weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom