• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

Based on your experience is it normal that duty finder for dungeons takes forever? I've been waiting for 35 minutes and the spots for bot healer and tank have yet to be found :(

There are literally a billion other DPS seeking any dungeon at the same time as you are so you can expect to wait a while. Either do stuff as another class, go semi afk and watch./play something else while you wait, /sh for a pt or go and level a tank (Like I've been doing).

Resilient

Based on your experience is it normal that duty finder for dungeons takes forever? I've been waiting for 35 minutes and the spots for bot healer and tank have yet to be found :(

If you're on Ultros , send a message in the FC. I'm levelling a few characters with some friends, so chances are we can party together to speed it up. We have tank, healer and DPS currently. Happy to help when ya need.

Thanks for the responses, I knew it not rolling as a pure healer would have come to bite me in the buttocks later *waves fist*

Either do stuff as another class, go semi afk and watch./play something else while you wait, /sh for a pt or go and level a tank (Like I've been doing).

As an Archanist are there any preferred classes I can jump on or can I just go for a tank class?

If you're on Ultros , send a message in the FC. I'm levelling a few characters with some friends, so chances are we can party together to speed it up. We have tank, healer and DPS currently. Happy to help when ya need.

Thanks for the offer but infortunately I'm on Shiva (I think) :)

aceface

kierwynn said:
Besides the people in my party, I can see baby Odoru, and baby docbon, and baby Xarielle... I know this was only like 2 months ago, but it feels like forever. lol

I'm still a lower level than the party members in that shot ;_;

Zomba13

Thanks for the responses, I knew it not rolling as a pure healer would have come to bite me in the buttocks later *waves fist*

As an Archanist are there any preferred classes I can jump on or can I just go for a tank class?

Thanks for the offer but infortunately I'm on Shiva (I think) :)

If you don't mind healing once you get to 30 you can switch to Scholar and heal. I completed most of the story dungeons as scholar. Main reason I'm going for tank now is because they have slightly shorter queue times than healers (though healers queue times are very short) and I'm not that great at healing. Also I want to have a sword and shield and heavy armour :)

Don't worry, there are always people in the FC on Ultros willing to help. I know if I'm available and free, I have no issue helping people with earlier dungeons.

Alucrid

Banned
C5CF233CF8F22151A4D6EA10442830338B52E937

dcye

Turn 2 downed, no DRG loot though D:

Really enjoying coil. The dynamics are much more fun than any other boss fights in the game.

Teknoman

Greetings,

We plan on making how the background music for dungeons plays change depending on which dungeon you are doing.
For example, we will be making the background music loop in the “instanced dungeon: hard mode” that is planned for patch 2.1.

Awesome.

zeox

quick question regarding the lightning event: is there a way to get all the items? can I just redo the Fate and get items that way?

Nugg

I did the FATE six times in a row, and Lightning has yet to show up. Is she that rare, or am I doing somthing wrong?

Nohar

So, just finished the story today. It's quite disappointing that said story takes so long to become interesting, with a ton of quests being just padding (and free exp, so I guess I shouldn't complain about that). Thanksfully, the last dungeon had great boss fights (that's a LOT of boss fights back-to-back) and incredible music.

Sadly, the game is still young, and the content ends up being quite limited. The 2.1 version seems nice, and will add some long awaited features (auto-sort? Yes please!), but on the other hand some additions are just recycled fights (the extreme primals) and dungeons.
Oh well, I guess I should hold my judgment until said patch is released.

One thing is sure though: they need to add other ways to level-up which do not revolve around FATE events.

That boost in exp for dungeons can't come soon enough. I know if I have to wait around in North Thanalan for FATE's to spawn, I'm not interested in playing for long. I realize I have to wait around for dungeons too but at least those are fun.

Resilient

So, just finished the story today. It's quite disappointing that said story takes so long to become interesting, with a ton of quests being just padding (and free exp, so I guess I shouldn't complain about that). Thanksfully, the last dungeon had great boss fights (that's a LOT of boss fights back-to-back) and incredible music.

Sadly, the game is still young, and the content ends up being quite limited. The 2.1 version seems nice, and will add some long awaited features (auto-sort? Yes please!), but on the other hand some additions are just recycled fights (the extreme primals) and dungeons.
Oh well, I guess I should hold my judgment until said patch is released.

One thing is sure though: they need to add other ways to level-up which do not revolve around FATE events.

Yep. Only just starting out, I have BLM 30, ARC 20 and PUG 10 and the PUG is the worst to level right now, purely because I need to run from FATE to FATE. I can't imagine how you guys must feel with multiple 50s.

Sophia

That boost in exp for dungeons can't come soon enough. I know if I have to wait around in North Thanalan for FATE's to spawn, I'm not interested in playing for long. I realize I have to wait around for dungeons too but at least those are fun.

Yeah I'd rather tank more dungeons to level, as FATEs can be gruelingly slow at times. I'm glad they're increasing the XP rewards however. Coordinated group play should always be the fastest means of leveling.

suzu

My game time slowed down since just straight up fate-grinding is kinda boring. I'll be glad for more dungeon exp to break it up a bit.

Aeana

I guess most of the FC is finally done with Titan, since I was practically begging in FC chat for people to let us carry them through it, and got few responses. That's great, but at the same time, I like doing Titan, so doing it less often makes me sad.

Ken

I guess most of the FC is finally done with Titan, since I was practically begging in FC chat for people to let us carry them through it, and got few responses. That's great, but at the same time, I like doing Titan, so doing it less often makes me sad.

You'd probably have more luck asking to help people on other steps too like Hydra cough cough

teiresias

I haven't even finished the story (still have to Praetorium and haven't done Wanderer's Palace either), so there's definitely those of us that are still not up to "real" endgame stuff yet.

I did appreciate everyone that did the "story CM" run last night. Though it's nice running through dungeons with over-geared FC mates, it does feel a bit shallow when there's absolutely no challenge to the thing (in terms of feeling like whether I perform decently as a tank actually affects how well a dungeon run is going).

I'm not there in my relic quest yet

Faustek

totally off topic but does anyone want a collectors edition code for EU? PC BTW. If so pm me. I have one left.
BTW I think its international know I'm playing on Leviathan and durandel

Edit: I don't know what it includes, I don't care, it should since this was acquired before release. Should be pointed out that it can't be used if you where a 1.0 CE player
it only works for non CE users from both 1.0 and 2.0

dcye

totally off topic but does anyone want a collectors edition code for EU? PC BTW. If so pm me. I have one left.
BTW I think its international know I'm playing on Leviathan and durandel

Does that code include a Coerl mount?

While I'm on that topic, is there any way to get a Coerl mount at this point?

Einhander

Sup FFXIVGAF, I've recently started playing the game.

Can one of you fine folks throw me an LS?

My character name is James Billington.

Aeana

I have to say, Wolves' Den is pretty neat, I hope it will become a major endgame hangout over Mor Dhona.

I hate Mor Dhona, so cramped :( I need a Jeuno/Aht Ughan in this game.

Gotta say, I really don't need a Jeuno. But I'll take a Whitegate/Al Zahbi.

Yu Narukami

Thanks again for helping me on Saturday do Titan HM. I was the "a little drunk" bard.

Tash

Been doing Titan DFing just to help pugs out. Not that anyone really appreciates it but it makes me feel kinda good trying to help (and I love the fight..I really do).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom