• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

zo3FOjX.jpg

KeRaSh

I guess most of the FC is finally done with Titan, since I was practically begging in FC chat for people to let us carry them through it, and got few responses. That's great, but at the same time, I like doing Titan, so doing it less often makes me sad.

Ah damnit! And of course I'm not there. ;_;
I want to be carried! Are more runs planned for the near future?

WolvenOne

Ah damnit! And of course I'm not there. ;_;
I want to be carried! Are more runs planned for the near future?

The Titan Runs tend to go in bursts I think. A lot of people will have leveled up a new class all at once, or pretty close to, and will start checking around.

Honestly I should be needing a Titan myself either late this week, or early next, for my PLD.

Reknoc

How bad is part 3?

For a Lightning Event, there has been very little actual Lightning. She just pops in goes "sup peeps, k bye" then buggers off again.

Lain

I guess most of the FC is finally done with Titan, since I was practically begging in FC chat for people to let us carry them through it, and got few responses. That's great, but at the same time, I like doing Titan, so doing it less often makes me sad.

You can carry my shit-healing ass the day I finally decide to try doing it for the first time, if you want!

jiien

Does that code include a Coerl mount?

While I'm on that topic, is there any way to get a Coerl mount at this point?

I thought I saw the option to upgrade a regular edition to a collectors edition and still get the rewards. You can do it in mogstation, or something. I think.

Valus

Does it matter what order DL gear is obtained? I've gotten 3 accessories so far to replace some garbage gear I never bothered updating. My FC leader is saying however that I should have just bought some accessories cheap from the market and went from a piece or two of actual gear.

I was thinking about getting replacement the earrings, belt, & bracelet next but now should I just leave those alone and go for the armor instead?

WolvenOne

Does it matter what order DL gear is obtained? I've gotten 3 accessories so far to replace some garbage gear I never bothered updating. My FC leader is saying however that I should have just bought some accessories cheap from the market and went from a piece or two of actual gear.

I was thinking about getting replacement the earrings, belt, & bracelet next but now should I just leave those alone and go for the armor instead?

Well, accessories will improve Strength, Vit, or numerous other stats, but for the most part only Armor is going to actually mitigate damage you receive. That said, the accessories do help, a ton. Beside that, Darklight accessories are relatively cheap, and since Phil Tomes have no weekly cap, you might as well grab a few accessories before getting the Darklight armor. You'll want the armor eventually, but it's not actually THAT much of a jump over AK gear.

Edit: (This of course, assumes you're upgrading from AK Gear to Darklight. If you're currently using WP or Artifact 1 gear, you'll want to upgrade your armor ASAP.)

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

I would say your FC leader is giving pretty good advice. The gains from HQ lv 49 gear and DL isn't as large as AF to DL.

Getting the extra HP from Head, Chest, Gloves, Belt, Legs, and feet will help more than getting the slight boosts to main stat from accessories. The HP is an important part of surviving the Titan encounter.

So this may be common knowledge, but I only recently learned that when you need to turn in an item for a leve or quest, you can right-click (or X on 360 controller/ square on ps3) on the icon of the item to turn in and it will bring up a submenu to select it instead of needing to search through your inventory.

It will bring up both HQ and NQ items for leves as well. It's small, but when you are turning in a bunch of crafting leves in a row it's super convenient.

Ferr986

Kind of sad to seeing the world so empty. Everyone is either in Mor Dhona or on the best FATE locations.
Just saw a lot of new players that werent able to beat NM Fates because there wasnt enough people.

Valus

Well, accessories will improve Strength, Vit, or numerous other stats, but for the most part only Armor is going to actually mitigate damage you receive. That said, the accessories do help, a ton. Beside that, Darklight accessories are relatively cheap, and since Phil Tomes have no weekly cap, you might as well grab a few accessories before getting the Darklight armor. You'll want the armor eventually, but it's not actually THAT much of a jump over AK gear.

Edit: (This of course, assumes you're upgrading from AK Gear to Darklight. If you're currently using WP or Artifact 1 gear, you'll want to upgrade your armor ASAP.)

I would say your FC leader is giving pretty good advice. The gains from HQ lv 49 gear and DL isn't as large as AF to DL.

Getting the extra HP from Head, Chest, Gloves, Belt, Legs, and feet will help more than getting the slight boosts to main stat from accessories. The HP is an important part of surviving the Titan encounter.

Thanks for the responses. Yes, I'm using AF gear with WP weapon lol. Currently on Titan HM for relic/story quest but haven't bothered attempting it because of all the things I've heard about it.

I guess I need to run WP a crap load this week to get some armor pieces if I want to beat Titan next weekend.

Wilsongt

Kind of sad to seeing the world so empty. Everyone is either in Mor Dhona or on the best FATE locations.
Just saw a lot of new players that werent able to beat NM Fates because there wasnt enough people.

Augh. Coerthas is a lag fest because there are so many goddamn people there. As is South Shroud.

I'm farming for silver and all of a sudden it's like the entire server is crowding around me. Same when I am doing leves in Coerthas. Yesterday I started a FATE and it was just me and another person, then all of a sudden you have everyone from dragon head rushing down and it was just gangs of people jumping off mounts into the FATE.

Thanks for the responses. Yes, I'm using AF gear with WP weapon lol. Currently on Titan HM for relic/story quest but haven't bothered attempting it because of all the things I've heard about it.

I guess I need to run WP a crap load this week to get some armor pieces if I want to beat Titan next weekend.

If you're doing WP speed runs then ignore this but I'd recommend doing some AK runs since you'll get great upgrades that can take you through titan while you use your tomes to upgrade some of your other pieces. But if you're getting 400 philosophy an hour it might be quicker to farm that and buy DL. Second but is run AK for fun to mix things up and keep your sanity/love for the game, to many people burn themselves out trying to be 'efficient'.

Do what interests you and don't be tricked into thinking it's a race.

Resilient

Please don't tire of Titan! I know I'll need help when the time comes that I can do it and I'd appreciate your help :D

Lain

I think you were better geared than me the last time I saw you, why not just ask for a carry? :D

I should, but then I'd feel bad for quickly and painfully splatting down XD.

So, I got to the cinematic with Lightning. Thank the Eorzean Gods for Steam overlay and the ability to ss it to my heart-content.

Nohar

only took me like, 3 months, but I finally hit 50 on my bard. \o/

*creates alt*

It took me 2 weeks.

... I guess I'll reroll something in real life. It's been a while since I connected myself to the real world. I wonder if the last update was good.

Teletraan1

Banned
The cut-scene model for Lightning seemed to go overboard with the sub surface scattering. I think that is the effect. Her skin and especially her legs look like she is Wendy from Breaking Bad.

Teknoman

I'm afraid that I started the game too late and by the time I get to 50, I'll be too late for the HM primal train :(

There will be extra bonuses i'm sure. Also every FC will always need more reinforcements, so I wouldnt worry. Heck i'm just level 43 or so, and i've been around since the start.

suzu

I'm afraid that I started the game too late and by the time I get to 50, I'll be too late for the HM primal train :(

Nah, I've been 50 for awhile and haven't even done Ifrit HM yet (lol). So I'm sure there will be people who still need to do those or want to help.

Sorian

Banned
If you're on Ultros, I'm always up for Titan. I love that fight.

Indeed, in the guild on Ultros.

There will be extra bonuses i'm sure. Also every FC will always need more reinforcements, so I wouldnt worry. Heck i'm just level 43 or so, and i've been around since the start.

Well, this makes me feel better. Started a month late and I'm @ 35. :D Though I'm sure the grind will be kicking in eventually.

Am I doing something wrong here? I am trying to friend officers on ultros in the gaf guild and I try and friend lets say Maple Cookie, and it says cannot find player with that name. I am just after the section where I joined the adventurers guild.

Am I doing something wrong here? I am trying to friend officers on ultros in the gaf guild and I try and friend lets say Maple Cookie, and it says cannot find player with that name. I am just after the section where I joined the adventurers guild.

He might not be online, try another officer. Usually one of them is on

Mairu

Lag tonight was really irritating. I'm getting SWTOR flashbacks as that game had the same issue near launch where they had to do a server reset due to lag spikes getting progressively worse over time since the last maintenance. It'd be nice if they could time server maintenance with the mythology/coil reset :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom