• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to drop by and say that I'm having a lot of fun playing Final Fantasy XIV.

My thanks go out to you guys in the GAF company for helping me get started in this game. Maybe I'll be able to take on some quests with a few of you sometime.

I've been playing this game at the most leisurely pace ever. Bought it at launch and only at level 37 on my first character, hahaha.

Still loving it though. Love me some snowy areas. >.<

Tash

I am just too nice sometimes..passed on the allagan healing boots so our sch could get them for better progression..

Made me feel good because he was super unlucky with loot and has done it much more then I did. Still, now I am kinda slapping myself about it :p

Resilient

I just wanted to drop by and say that I'm having a lot of fun playing Final Fantasy XIV.

My thanks go out to you guys in the GAF company for helping me get started in this game. Maybe I'll be able to take on some quests with a few of you sometime.

Who are you! Haha, it's a pain linking GAF members up with their character...unless Guildworks does that...brb ;P

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Looks like the only changes are Turn 1 drop rates and some minor bug fixes.

Somehow I'm guessing here in the near future we find out they broke Turn 2 and 4 drops, just watch

Jesus so many Coil groups losing people left and right, that static time & slot + loot drops is really murdering people's will to keep doing it

They seriously need to address or look into this issue to really make end game more favorable to all side

One Coil group story that stood out was a a Coil Crew who lost a DPS member due to time circumstances, so they invited a BRD with OK gear into the group w/o telling their regular BRD, who got pissed that the new BRD would roll against them, BRD saw the new BRD's gear, scoffed at their gear, quit the crew, which pissed the new BRD off, he quit too
So yeah, fucking DRAMA overload
So now their looking for 2 DPS lol, one has to be BRD

Reknoc

The dungeons keep getting better and better!

Finally at the tomestone mark.

Oh, you've done Darkhold?

Man, I need to do that for my GC quest, but last attempt got me a 56k Tank that, took like 20mins on the Seeing Eye because the torrent of floating "invulnerable" apparently wasn't a big enough hint for the tank to pull back a little.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Turn 2 and Turn 4 have been pretty balanced IMO.

Remember this is SE, fix one thing, break 4, repeat process

Man, I need to do that for my GC quest, but last attempt got me a 56k Tank that, took like 20mins on the Seeing Eye because the torrent of floating "invulnerable" apparently wasn't a big enough hint for the tank to pull back a little.

Jesus fuck 56K tank, that's God Mode isn't it?

=D

Ploid 3.0

Whoa is it true that Garuda egi does almost the same if not more dps than ifrit egi? It seem Ifrit egi may be glitched, people are saying garuda performs the same or better and with tests in dd. Though they could be talking about auto attack only.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...DPS-Rotation?p=1402902&viewfull=1#post1402902

Kevee said:
Lycia said:
As for Ifrit or Garuda, given situations one may be better than the next. To sit back and say "Never use Ifrit" is silly. What about a fight where its Melee-friendly, and ranged DPS has to constantly stack on the target?

There is no situation, ever, in which you should use Ifrit over Garuda. Did you even look at the link?

I just went and updated my parses for them since I got some gear upgrades.

F8BZkKF.jpg

UTBNuye.jpg

Ifrit does less DPS than Garuda and offers nothing.

Period. If ranged need to stack in melee, PLACE GARUDA IN MELEE. Not like there's really a fight that needs that, and Egi's take reduced AoE damage anyways.

Tash

Somehow I'm guessing here in the near future we find out they broke Turn 2 and 4 drops, just watch

Jesus so many Coil groups losing people left and right, that static time & slot + loot drops is really murdering people's will to keep doing it

They seriously need to address or look into this issue to really make end game more favorable to all side

One Coil group story that stood out was a a Coil Crew who lost a DPS member due to time circumstances, so they invited a BRD with OK gear into the group w/o telling their regular BRD, who got pissed that the new BRD would roll against them, BRD saw the new BRD's gear, scoffed at their gear, quit the crew, which pissed the new BRD off, he quit too

Seriously, people need to get a life...

So as WHM, what should I go for first with my mythology tomes?

Relic +1 if you know you'll get it done in reasonable time.
After that it depends a bit on your gear and if you want to go for Vanya gear min/maxing or Myth gear. Purposely not calling it AF 2 anymore..
Also depends on how fast you'll get into coil groups. Upgrading your ring and pants are prio imo.

Taruranto

It can't be helped, there will always be DRAMA in end-game content. Though time-locked and instanced content creates even worse drama, i guess.

Whoa is it true that Garuda egi does almost the same if not more dps than ifrit egi? It seem Ifrit egi may be glitched, people are saying garuda performs the same or better and with tests in dd. Though they could be talking about auto attack only.

Garuda all the way. Plus Contagion.

Yu Narukami

So after getting my Relic there is not much left to do right? I'm not interested in crafting and don't know if I want to run WP another 30 times for full DL. I could do Coil but that's only one time a week I heard.

Teknoman

Nope, Stone Vigil. I mean that i'm at the point where the game introduces Tomestones.

Mairu

They should raise the weekly cap to like 500. 300 just seems a tad low

*said by someone who has gotten 120 tomes at max in a given week*

I wouldn't want them to raise the weekly cap without adding more ways to get mythology :|

WP Speed Runs are quick but I'm already bored of them. It'd be nice if they could spread out the hard modes for the existing dungeons to lead up to the 2.1 patch.

I wouldn't want them to raise the weekly cap without adding more ways to get mythology :|

WP Speed Runs are quick but I'm already bored of them. It'd be nice if they could spread out the hard modes for the existing dungeons to lead up to the 2.1 patch.

True...I don't really do WP speedruns (far too stressful since I'm the WHM) and while I'd like to do AK when I can access it, there should be more ways to get those tomes.

Wilsongt

Dinged at Lv 44 on my Summoner a couple of days ago. I am so far behind everyone in my FC. XD But, I am taking things at a slow pace so I can enjoy it and all.

Plus I have class ADD. >_> Do some story quests, jump over and level up archer a bit, jump over and do some dungeons with CNJ, do some mining, do some botany, more summoner, more archer, rinse and repeat. Lol.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Is anyone else waiting to pick this up for PS4? I don't have a PC, and 1080P/60FPS sure sounds nice...

The PS4 version won't be locked solid at 60FPS unless they reduce some graphics settings. It will still be a decent option for those who don't have a PC (especially if KB&M support works well).

The best option by far is still PC.

WolvenOne

The PS4 version won't be locked solid at 60FPS unless they reduce some graphics settings. It will still be a decent option for those who don't have a PC (especially if KB&M support works well).

The best option by far is still PC.

Eh, they should be able to get pretty close to max settings, and still maintain 60FPS most of the time. My gaming PC is weaker than a PS4, and manages to stick fairly close to 60FPS on fairly high settings. So a slightly more powerful system, that's running an optimized version of the game, should be pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom