• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

My FC already beats T5

that... doesn't count D:

So awesome.

ibw4x2Au1RCDBQ.png

Resilient

So last night finally got up to Brayflox with my WHM friend. Definitely seemed like a dungeon skill check/gear check. Probably my favourite so far though, bar a few things...

First run was paired with a severely under geared WAR and MNK. Wiped about 3 times on the Pelican before they quit on us, because WHM couldn't keep up with what the WAR was doing (not dodging ANYTHING). WHM thought it was his fault, until the second run, where we got paired with a PLD and MNK. This time, the PLD kept dodging everything and we had a very smooth run, taught us the tactics etc. Was awesome, and got a few drops.

Third run was with Eden playing PLD (who was only playing PLD in a dungeon for the second time), and after some work we nailed the boss, which was very satisfying!

Fourth run...probably my worst experience with the community so far. Run went extremely smoothly until the boss. Before going in, I explained the mechanics and how to do it smoothly. Got the "yeah ok", then PLD suggested that if anybody died we should just raise them rather than wipe. Then, proceeded to ignore me every time I said to dodge his AOE. THEN blamed it on the WHM who was struggling to keep up with the damage loss of the PLD. I don't know why tanks insist on tanking literally every hit, but if that becomes a recurring theme I am gonna be sad. The best part was that they were insisting it was the WHM fault. Even though once MNK and PLD started actually dodging, we got through it very quickly.

Lain

So last night finally got up to Brayflox with my WHM friend. Definitely seemed like a dungeon skill check/gear check. Probably my favourite so far though, bar a few things...

First run was paired with a severely under geared WAR and MNK. Wiped about 3 times on the Pelican before they quit on us, because WHM couldn't keep up with what the WAR was doing (not dodging ANYTHING). WHM thought it was his fault, until the second run, where we got paired with a PLD and MNK. This time, the PLD kept dodging everything and we had a very smooth run, taught us the tactics etc. Was awesome, and got a few drops.

Third run was with Eden playing PLD (who was only playing PLD in a dungeon for the second time), and after some work we nailed the boss, which was very satisfying!

Fourth run...probably my worst experience with the community so far. Run went extremely smoothly until the boss. Before going in, I explained the mechanics and how to do it smoothly. Got the "yeah ok", then PLD suggested that if anybody died we should just raise them rather than wipe. Then, proceeded to ignore me every time I said to dodge his AOE. THEN blamed it on the WHM who was struggling to keep up with the damage loss of the PLD. I don't know why tanks insist on tanking literally every hit, but if that becomes a recurring theme I am gonna be sad. The best part was that they were insisting it was the WHM fault. Even though once MNK and PLD started actually dodging, we got through it very quickly.

That first and fourth run sound so sad. The people standing in fires blaming the healer are both infuriating and depressing.

Ploid 3.0

Is there a dungeon requirement to unlock Bard like there is for Summoner? None of the summoner unlock information on the web seem to mention summoner requiring you to have already passed a certain dungeon, so I'm thinking before I get focused on going Bard that I be aware if it needs a dungeon too or not. SCH required one too but I'm hoping that's because Arcanist was new and they tried to get crazy with the requirements.

Is there a dungeon requirement to unlock Bard like there is for Summoner? None of the summoner unlock information on the web seem to mention summoner requiring you to have already passed a certain dungeon, so I'm thinking before I get focused on going Bard that I be aware if it needs a dungeon too or not. SCH required one too but I'm hoping that's because Arcanist was new and they tried to get crazy with the requirements.

No, SMN is the only one where you have to beat certain primals before you can keep going on

Teknoman

It's not good.. D: But thank you, haha.

I'm sure yours is fine, don't worry about it!

Looks pretty good to me. Reminds me of something out of a PS1 era instruction manual for some reason lol.

In other news, I have no idea what just happened.

suzu

What's stopping someone from just quoting that same post on the next page? lol

Looks pretty good to me. Reminds me of something out of a PS1 era instruction manual for some reason lol.

In other news, I have no idea what just happened.

Thanks. :) I always like your screenshots posts.

Alucrid

Banned
What's stopping someone from just quoting that same post on the next page? lol

Thanks. :) I always like your screenshots posts.

way to ruin my plan. but lets be honest, we can never be clean now

Is there still a GAF linkshell or is it just used for overflow?

If so can someone invite me? Name is 'World Free'

we don't have a LS if you're in another FC and want to talk to us. if you want in the gaf fc just gotta sign up on the site and pm a leader.

Ploid 3.0

This is why I don't like the idea of loli characters. Why would a grizzled warrior taru act like that. I want the small characters to be like Dwarfs from TLOTR. Sturdy and strong with awesome beards. I was sad that I could only give my taru a gotee and stash.

Actually taru would be cool if all of them were like Shantotto, smart and scary. I like GW2's Asuras, they are pretty cool. Especially their dagger/dagger fight stance.

Teknoman

This is why I don't like the idea of loli characters. Why would a grizzled warrior taru act like that. I want the small characters to be like Dwarfs from TLOTR. Sturdy and strong with awesome beards. I was sad that I could only give my taru a gotee and stash.

Actually taru would be cool if all of them were like Shantotto, smart and scary. I like GW2's Asuras, they are pretty cool. Especially their dagger/dagger fight stance.

Papashan and that debt collector from the beginning of the Ul'dah scene are pretty cool.

Edit:

I really wish the Garlean generals would make more frequent appearances.

I want the vanity system added and the dungeons to be open areas, not separate areas you have to access through the DF. I want to explore them like I did Crawlers Nest.

So guys want do we want out of patch 2.1
only 10 more posts only 10 more posts

i want more people to play with.

it seems all my contacts have emptied in the last 2-3 weeks, wtf.

and those lala gifs up there.....goddamn. i don't even know why you would put something like that in a game. i will never understand. the motions alone are creepy.

Teknoman

i want more people to play with.

it seems all my contacts have emptied in the last 2-3 weeks, wtf.

and those lala gifs up there.....goddamn. i don't even know why you would put something like that in a game. i will never understand. the motions alone are creepy.

The sitting thing was a glitch of sorts I believe.

Lain

Nothing wrong with those lalas shots.

So today the last step of the Goddess Lightning event starts right? I'll have to get on and complete it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom