• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tash

Nothing wrong with those lalas shots.

So today the last step of the Goddess Lightning event starts right? I'll have to get on and complete it.

Yup, and it's sliiiightly more cool.

The end boss is actually really cool looking and there is a somewhat ok cut-scene in the end.

Yu Narukami

When do people run Coil on Ultros? I never hear anybody talk about it in the FC. Soon i'll be enough geared and I wanted to try turn 1.

Lain

Finished the quest.
Yes, the last cutscene was alright. especially the part where the catgirl says "She was such an interesting character". Damn right she is!
Now I have a bazillion SS of the cutscene to upload on steam.

Kw0.png

My Goddess looking as fine as always

Apoptomon

Since people have been doing some photo posts:

Exploring the Wolves Den place:
8TJPVbk.png

u5dlN4J.jpg

A nice Mor Dhonan vista:
Mr9hBAJ.png

Bard lvl 45 AF get:
6fbF538.jpg

Bonus - the frightening reality of FFXIV event gear rewards, coming to a vanity slot near you:
KxKViAm.jpg

Yu Narukami

Warrior buffs for 2.1

Producer and director Yoshi-P here.

I understand that all our warriors out there are eager to know what patch 2.1 has in store for them. While we're still in the testing stages, I'd like to give you a preview of what we have planned. Please keep in mind that warrior is still being tested in all encounters available in 2.1, and the following information is subject to change.

Marauder Changes
Brutal Swing - Recast time will be reduced from 30 to 20 seconds, increasing the frequency with which players can stun foes.
Overpower - Enmity generated by this skill has been increased.
Storm's Eye - TP cost will be reduced from 70 to 60.
Storm's Path - TP cost will be reduced from 90 to 60. - This skill will also reduce damage dealt by enemies for a period of time.
Holmgang - Range will be increased from 3 yalms to 6, to make the skill more effective. - This skill will now pull enemies toward your character. - When using this skill, a player's HP cannot be reduced lower than 1. - The animation for this skill will be revised. (See screenshot above)
Vengeance - This skill will also reduce damage taken by 30%.
Mercy Stroke - Recast time will be reduced from 60 to 40 seconds, improving ease of use.
Thrill of Battle - Effect duration will be extended from 10 to 20 seconds.
Warrior Changes
Defiance - Enmity generated by this skill will be increased. - This skill will also increase HP recovery via curing magic by 20%.
Wrath - The improved healing effect granted by Wrath will be removed. Instead, the improved healing effect will be granted by Defiance.
Inner Beast - Due to overall balance changes, HP absorbed by damage dealt will be reduced from 300% to 100% - Damage taken will be reduced by 20% for 6 seconds.
Steel Cyclone - This skill will generate increased enmity.
Unchained - Recast time will be reduced from 180 to 120 seconds, improving ease of use. The main focus of these changes—as the seasoned warriors among you have already observed— was Inner Beast and its HP absorption effect. With these changes, warriors will no longer be dependent on a single skill to recover HP, and have overall improved defense.
To put it simply, we want to ensure the role of warriors as durable tanks. This is why we've also adjusted the effects of Wrath and Defiance. As currently implemented, warriors are forced to lose their healing bonus when using certain skills. However, these changes will allow players to use their warrior skills without sacrificing improved healing, and also maintain the critical hit bonus of Wrath.
Although warrior will no longer recover immense amounts of HP in a single use of Inner Beast, these changes should improve the overall defensive capability of warriors and the ability to heal them using a support class or job.
Patch 2.1 may seem a long way off, but please understand that we have to test these balance changes not only in encounters to be introduced in the upcoming patch, but all existing encounters as well. (Please refer to a previous post for details on why we cannot break up patch 2.1) While I regret having to keep you waiting, I am confident these changes, along with the numerous additions we have planned for patch 2.1, will be well worth your patience.

Myth cap increase

From the initial release of FFXIV: ARR, we predicted it would take roughly a month and a half for the most dedicated players to reach the Binding of Coil of Bahamut, and roughly two months for the general player population. Furthermore, we wanted players to acquire gear using Allagan tomestones of mythology in tandem with clearing the Binding Coil. This served as the basis for determining the rate at which tomestones can be earned, which is currently limited to 300 tomestones of mythology per week. With the release of patch 2.1, this limit will be increased to about 450 tomestones per week, for reasons which will be explained at the end.

Credits reddit

Ultrabum

Those sound like good war changes, especially storms path and the wrath stacks healing buff being switched to always on. Now you can use your wrath more than once a min!

Those WAR changes sound really good and very much in line with what people have been requesting/suggesting. I'm looking forward to the new live letter this week. Hopefully they will give us a release date for 2.1.

Yu Narukami

Since I'm playing with a controller it will be difficult for me to handle all the skills since they now all become useful.

People are already complaining that WAR's will be OP.

yay myth cap increase!

Yeah and WAY more ways to get myth in 2.1 which is awesome. Hopefully they offer reasonable enough amounts of tomes to make it worthwhile, even if they aren't quite as efficient as speed runs in WP.

It's just too bad it's still a month away. Oh well, I'll just continue taking it easy and not worrying so much about hitting cap each week since I'll be able to catch up quicker in the future.

Sounds almost like a short range provoke now.
I'm more excited about storms path reducing damage, that will at least make war pld better than pld pld for sure.

Yeah it sounds like they are really trying to encourage having WAR+PLD in 8-mans in the same way systems currently encourage WHM+SCH.

What's with all the enmity increase?

For anyone not able to click the links above, here's the new "Paths of Progression" planned for 2.1:

Yoshida said:
Beast Tribe Quests

- Learn about the beast tribes in daily quests and acquire tomestones.

Treasure Hunts

- Search for buried treasure with up to four players and obtain crafting material, consumable items, and tomestones.

Duty Roulette

- Join a duty at random and receive bonus tomestones and experience points.

Housing

- Build and furnish a home with the aid of Eorzea's crafters and gatherers, or use your own skills to do the same.

Wolves' Den

- Test your combat skills against your fellow players, earning fame and fortune.

Crystal Tower

- Challenge an ancient tower with 23 of your strongest allies and face the dangers within.

Pharos Sirius

- Explore an abandoned lighthouse to obtain new gear and tomestones.

Two Hard Mode Dungeons

- Face greater dangers to obtain new gear and tomestones.

Aesthetician

- Keep your characters fresh by changing their appearance.

Extreme Primal Battles and Good King Moggle Mog

- Confront a mysterious new enemy and three familiar foes to obtain new gear and tomestones.

New Main Scenario Quests

- Work together with the Scions of the Seventh Dawn for the sake of Eorzea.

New Side Quests

- Take part in additional side stories to learn more about the peoples and cultures of Eorzea.

Since I'm playing with a controller it will be difficult for me to handle all the skills since they now all become useful.

Yup, from both sides of the fence no less (i.e. WARs who've become attached to scrambling with what little skills they have and people who prefer PLD with superiority complexes).

I can understand the complaints from the perspective of keeping the two classes distinct, but one or the other had to happen. Either PLDs needed to be nerfed or WARs brought up. Honestly wasn't expecting this much though.

It's not total parity though. PLD stun is still better, Hallowed still remains more comfortable than Holmgang 2.0. Ideally, they just keep refining it so PLD+WAR is preferable to PLD+PLD or WAR+WAR. This is a good start.

P.S. Overpower generating more enmity? As long as I'm pumping those out, even Relic+1 DPS can't even snatch hate from me as it is.

Khatoz

But that's the thing most of these "fixes" are overbuffs to change the community opinion of WAR's.

Overall Warriors while they needed some flexibility with their buffs/skills ( which they do get with these buffs) aren't as bad as the community tends to cry about.

We been doing WAR+PLD since we started coil a couple of months back and anything I could Tank, the Warrior could as well.

Now I expected SE to overbuff them just to change the perception of WAR's, hopefully they don't overnerf PLD in the process.

studyguy

Man... those WAR buffs.
Good thing I've been getting allagan gear.

Still, it's a far cry from 1.0 WAR who ran more along the lines of a selfhealing lifesteal tank. The mitigation+lifesteal skills however are fucking insane. WAR already has boatloads more HP than PLD, that seems to put it over the top. Would have preferred they stay the course with lifesteal bonuses, but whatev.

Should be interesting.

Totakeke

Ahahahah Warrior buffs, increased emnity, that's hilarious, who thought warriors didn't have enough emnity? It'll make it so easy compared to before. My 8pc ilvl90 warrior will be in hot demand :p.

Paladins are still much easier to play though I think.

arimanius

Hilarious to see a lot of crying over the warrior changes. I think this is exactly what was needed except with maybe a small tweak here or there. Since they are still testing these changes I'm sure there will be some minor things done before it goes live.

I'm glad they finally let us know what they were changing and how. I hate the guessing game when it comes to balancing.

WAR buffs sound amazing. I'm going to start leveling mine again once I hit 50 with my BLM(currently 49). Here's hoping for an early(or at least mid!) December release of 2.1.

studyguy

Hilarious to see a lot of crying over the warrior changes. I think this is exactly what was needed except with maybe a small tweak here or there. Since they are still testing these changes I'm sure there will be some minor things done before it goes live.

I'm glad they finally let us know what they were changing and how. I hate the guessing game when it comes to balancing.

The upside is that we're not forced into a single job. I think that's where that kind of mentality comes from considering other MMOs lock you in so rigidly. Anyone raiding for Allagan gear as a tank probably has a few pieces for both WAR/PLD even if it's not BiS, it's still better than anything else you can reasonably expect to get.

Tanking in general is going to be fun, I've been running 2PLD for so long I forgot what it was like having a WAR partner in 1.0 at my back.

Totakeke

Seriously, if you're already clearing through CoB with a warrior, these changes will make it ridiculously easier. Inner beast is going to be nerfed in terms of amount healed but that was never an effective raid tool.

I kinda feel sad for the new generation of warriors. :p

Alucrid

Banned
But that's the thing most of these "fixes" are overbuffs to change the community opinion of WAR's.

Overall Warriors while they needed some flexibility with their buffs/skills ( which they do get with these buffs) aren't as bad as the community tends to cry about.

We been doing WAR+PLD since we started coil a couple of months back and anything I could Tank, the Warrior could as well.

Now I expected SE to overbuff them just to change the perception of WAR's, hopefully they don't overnerf PLD in the process.
You're out of a job

The increased WAR enmity seems to make the PLD and WAR pairing in 8-man parties much more desirable and beneficial, especially in situations where you have to do quick mob pick ups, mob splits, or trade hate.

Kenai

Just because a WAR could do it doesn't mean they didn't have to work significantly more than a PLD for the same result. On Live the only things a WAR have going for it is more max HP (doesn't matter much) and loltankDPS, not even close to optimal.

Now they have mirrors to a lot of PLD skills while retaining a decent amount of their own flavor. PLD still having such a stupid low CD on their stun in comparison to every other class is enough by itself to assure WAR/PLD will be preferable in raiding most encounters, let alone the fact that pretty much everything they have now isn't going anywhere, Just because a PLD's kit isn't revamped doesn't make it any less potent than it is. Too many people have been raiding with PLDs for too long now, we know how good they are and still will be (unless they do overnerf PLD, but I haven't seen any inkling of that actually happening).

Totakeke

It does give us more flexibility in working in the retouched Storm combos though.

Sure, but it doesn't mean we have to use it. Theoretically our emnity cap should be far higher now. It's not like we had problems against even the really geared dps before. It's just ez mode now.

Totakeke

Sure, you can just spam 1-2-3 combos as a warrior similar to paladin, but that just makes you an even worse tank compared to paladins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom